Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! Every review is precious to me, here is a little more Rogan fluff, but we find out whats wrong with Logan!
~...~ means mind talk lol
Logan lay awake lying in his bed. Last night was one of the best night’s sleep Logan had ever had. He was right, Marie kept the dreams away. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but he always felt better with her around. She calmed the darkness inside. He looked down where she was snuggling into his chest. Life was good.

It was mid-morning and Logan was going to have to get up soon to go talk to the professor. He slowly began to creep out of bed when Marie began to stir, mumbling something in her sleep. He couldn’t make it out and he chuckled. He began to sneak out again, but this time she opened her eyes and tilted her head up to look at him.

“Logan? Where are yah goin?” Marie rasped

Logan smiled “I have to get up darlin, I have to go talk to the professor remember? Get this all straightened out.”

“Oh yeah, well can yah wait for me? We can go down together.”

“Sure darlin,” Logan watched as Marie sprang out of bed and ran out the door to go to her room.

“Ah’ll be right back. Don’t you move a muscle!” and off she went sprinting down the hall.

Logan got out of bed and got dressed, pulling on a black T-shirt and his favorite pair of jeans.

“Ah thought I told yah not to move a muscle.”

Logan stopped what he was doing, his back facing the door, raised his arms and stood perfectly still. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t just go walking around naked.” He smirked

Marie blushed, ‘Thank god his back is turned. I hate how he laughs at me when I blush.Bastard.’ “Uh, right, well we should head downstairs now.”

He chuckled and turned around and walked over to her, casually putting his arm around her shoulder as they headed out. The walk down was quiet, and Logan liked how Marie wasn’t like other girls, always wanting to talk. ‘Blah Blah Blah, always talkin,’ thought Logan, he was glad Marie liked silence too. He was happy just this way.

~Logan, when you get to my office, come alone, Marie will have to find something else to occupy her time.~

~I was planning on it Chuck~ Logan hated it when the professor or any telepath for that matter got in his head. ‘Why can’t they converse like normal people? Well, I mean I guess we aren’t exactly normal.’

“Marie, I need to go talk to the professor alone.” Marie swished her head around to look at him. He was serious, the look on his face held no room to argue. This upset her she wanted to go with him to support him.

“Do yah promise to come get me when you’re done?” she pouted

Logan smiled, “Yeah, I promise.” They smiled at each other until they were loudly interrupted by a pest in bright yellow.

“Rougie! There you are! Kitty, Bobby, St. John, and I are going to watch a movie. You gotta watch it with us!” Jubilee squealed.

‘Damn that girl knows how to ruin a moment’ thought Marie

“Sure, what’s the movie?”

“It’s Kate and Leopold, that romantic comedy! You know with Hugh Jackman?” she added with an evil smirk

“AHH!!” Marie squealed and Logan had to cover his ears.

‘Jeez and I thought yellow was loud!’winced Logan

“Oh mah god! Why didn’t you say so! He is so sexy! Let’s go!” the girls began to run off when Marie turned around and looked back at Logan with a concerned gaze. “Are yah sure you’re gonna be ok?”

“Course Marie. I’ll be fine.” With that Marie scampered off to go be with her friends.

‘Hugh Jackman...She thinks he’s sexy? Logan snorted ‘Kids...’




Marie watched Logan walk away towards the professor’s office everyone was talking loudly and making jokes, mostly about the movie and sighed loudly.

“So are you and Wolvie shagging yet?” asked Jubilee innocently

“Jubilee!” Marie blushed furiously “Yah know it’s not like that! We’re just friends!”

“That look you two were giving each other sure looked like you wanted to…just saying.”

“Oh mah god, please just shut up.”

“Do you love him?” asked Kitty that sure as hell got everybody’s attention.

“Well, ah mean, yes...no... like a friend.” Marie stuttered

“Bullshit,” stated Bobby, “Everyone here knows it so you two might as well get a room and get it over with. Be together already!” he laughed.

When Rogue and Bobby broke up it had been mutual. Bobby wanted to see other people (aka Kitty) Rogue couldn’t care less. She didn’t hate him or anything it just seemed that the flame that was their teenage romance flickered into non-existence. She was happy for her friends.

“Ah...ah...HEY LOOK! The movie’s startin! Everybody shut up and watch!” Her friends seemed to have gotten the hint and turned to watch the movie, Marie let out a sigh of relief.

‘People need to mind their own damn business.’





Logan was standing outside Xavier’s door and for some reason he couldn’t bring himself to knock on the door. He would never admit to anyone but he was nervous. What if he was crazy? Maybe there was something seriously wrong with him.

~Whenever you are ready Logan you can come in~
Logan growled ‘Damn telepaths’

~I heard that.~

With a heavy sigh Logan opened the door and walked in. To his unhappy surprise the professor wasn’t alone in fact; Scott, Jean, Hank and Storm were standing by his side.

“What the hell is this? I thought you said come alone, this was supposed to be private!” he growled

“Calm down Logan let me explain. I know what is going on and I may need everyone’s help here to help me, help you.”

“What?”

“Do you remember what I once told you? That sometimes it’s best for the mind to discover things for itself? Well I believe that is exactly what is happening,” explained the professor.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you tellin me? That these images I’m seein, are actually memories?”

“That is precisely what I am telling you my friend. I believe this headache, the dreams, is your body telling you it is time. Your unconscious mind is ready to share with you, your past. I can help you know to unlock these memories if you’d let me.”

Lgan groaned, he HATED people in his head, messing around in there. He was finally getting things in there the way he liked it.

Logan was silent for a long time, he wanted this for so long and now all he had to do was ask? He didn’t know what to say.

“...Why are you guys here if it’s so easy?

“They are here Logan because I asked them to. Unfortunately unlocking your memories is going to take great effort, so I asked Jean to help me. The others are here for...security reasons”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Logan

“He means he doesn’t want you going crazy and gutting everyone,” said Scott.

Logan glared at him, and then turned to the professor again for a better explanation.

The Professor sighed, “Logan there are a lot of risks to this, I could be wrong and unlocking your memories could be very damaging to your psyche, it could put you in a feral state that you might not come out of.”

“We are here Logan to protect you and the others around you while Jean and Charles are incapacitated,” soothed Ororo.

Logan stared at the floor, he wasn’t sure, he wanted his memories so bad, he wanted to know what kind of person he was and he wanted to know who this Jimmy was. Maybe he was his son? Maybe he was still alive. And that women screaming, who was she?

“Logan?” asked Jean, “Are you ok?”

“What?” hearing his name jostled him out of his trance, “Uh, sounds good Chuck, I think it’s worth the risk, when do we start?” he asked quietly

The group looked around at each other worriedly before the Professor spoke again, “We could start after lunch perhaps? It is going to take us a while to prepare.”

“Sounds great to me.”

“Excellent, could you four excuse us for a moment? Let us all meet back here around noon agreed?”

“Sounds good to us Professor,” said Scott. The four X-men walked out of the room leaving Logan and Charles alone.

“There is one more thing Logan.”

“What’s that?”

“I have noticed that in times of great stress there is usually only one thing that calms you.”

“That being?”

“Rouge.”

Logan only stared at the professor. Was he crazy?

“No way Chuck, she is not comin in here, not when I might go crazy, she’d get hurt.”

“There is a chance yes, but Logan, it doesn’t take a telepath to see that you care for her. Perhaps more than just friends?”

When his only response was a silent glare he kept going. “Rouge has become quite the young woman hasn’t she?” More silence, Charles was careful about what he was going to say next. “Do you love her?” he waited for the Wolverine’s temper to go off but it didn’t. He just stared at him for a long time.

“Logan?”

“...”

“Logan?” he asked more insistently.

“Yes.” He whispered

“What was that?”

“I think I do Chuck…I think I’m in love.”

Charles was taken aback; he was not expecting such a blunt statement, not from the Wolverine and especially not about his feelings.

The men just stared at each other for a long time without saying a word.

“Are you going to tell her?”
Chapter End Notes:
NEXT: The journey through time begins!