Author's Chapter Notes:
ok so i lied, just some fluff right now. Sorry it took me so long to update, i just started school. ICKY.Short chapter. =P Thanks for the reviews!
Darkness...

Absolute darkness. Logan had no idea where he was. Even with his enhanced senses he had no clue. The last thing he remembered was just staring into the water about to jump in. He took a deep breath in.

‘Grr...no scent. Where the hell am I!’

“Your’re always sick.”

“Who’s there!” Logan growled

“You were sick too when you were my age”

“This ain’t funny! Show yourself!” Logan whirled around but couldn’t see anyone. Someone was talking but he couldn’t see anyone. All of a sudden there was a piercing scream, a woman’s scream. It chilled him down to his adamantium laced bones. It was so familiar, it disturbed him.

“What the fuck is going on! Where are you!” screamed Logan, he was beginning to freak out, he hated being cut off from his sense’s.

“We’re brother’s Jimmy, and brothers protect each other...”

“Jimmy...” that name, something about that name. It felt important, did he know this Jimmy? A sharp pain shot through his brain as he pushed himself to remember. He squeezed his eyes shut and willed the pain to go away.

“Logan!” Hearing his name caused him to open his eyes.

“Who’s there!?” asked Logan

“Logan! Please wake up! Yah got to wake up! Come on Logan!”

“Marie?”

He looked around for any sign of her in this dark place but wasn’t having any luck.

“Come on Marie, help me out here!”

“Logan, come on! Open your eyes!”

She sounded closer and he whirled his head in the direction of her voice and was blinded by a light.



A huge rush of water surged from his lungs as he came back to consciousness. He looked up and was greeted by Marie and the other curious and worried faces of his team mates. Jean in full blown doctor mode was ushering them back from Logan. Disliking all of the attention Logan quickly got up and began to walk away from the worried crowd.

“Logan, you just wait a minute! You just drowned sit your ass back down this instant!” yelled Jean.

Logan snorted, “Yeah right Red, look I’m fine alright? I’m not sitting down. Leave me alone.” He quickly stole a glance at Rogue. Her lips were set together in a thin line and her face was solemn.

Scott, in an attempt to stop the Wolverine, stepped in front of him. Logan let out a low growl in response and Scott quickly side-stepped out of his way.

“Logan, perhaps you should listen to Jean, your heart stopped and it took a good few thumps on your chest from Hank to get your heart pupping again,” said Ororo.

“Ororo is right my friend, this it’s not something to ignore. Do you care to explain what happened a few moments ago?” asked Hank. Logan frowned and rubbed his chest absent mindedly.

“Look everybody, I would tell you if I knew myself,” he growled “I appreciate the concern but I’m really in no mood so why don’t you all just go fu-“

“There is no need to finish that sentence Logan,” during the commotion everyone missed the sound of a wheelchair quickly approaching the group. “I don’t want to tell you again about the use of profanities,” chided the Professor, a small smile tugging on his lips.

“Oh thank god professor, Logan will not listen to me. His heart literally stopped, even with his healing factor he shouldn’t be running around yet!” said Jean.

“Calm down Jean all will be fine. Logan, I believe there is much to discuss, and I hope I can shed some light on all of this mess, but for now I insist that you go and spend the rest of the day and relax. Jean is right this was very serious and we have no idea what drowning could do to you, it is best to play it safe.”

Logan just glared at the professor, he really hated being told what to do, he has been through much worse and he only drowned...a little...and who was he to tell him, the Wolverine, what to do, he wasn’t some bratty five year old that went to his school, he was a fucking MAN. Logan was about to open his mouth to protest when the professor beat him to it.

“Rouge, would you see to it that Logan gets to his room?”

‘What the hell! Am I invisible! They’re talking about me as if I’m not even here!’

“Uh...of...of course professor.” Rogue responded hesitantly.

“Hey now just wait a minute!”

“Come on Logan...let’s go,” Rogue said quietly as she grabbed his arm and tugged him towards the back door. Logan was about to protest, but the look on her face stopped all urges to do so. He could see in her eyes anger, fear, and something he couldn’t quite place. He quietly went with her with no argument. Once they got to his room he would ask what was wrong. He had a big feeling it was about what happened.

“What is going on professor?” asked Scott

“Something big my boy, something big indeed.”



The walk back to his room was quiet; Rogue looked straight ahead and didn’t dare steal a glance at Logan.
‘Hell I probably scared the shit out of her, ‘pouted Logan. ‘I should apologize to her or something...’ Once they got to his door and she ushered him inside he turned to her and began his apology.

“Listen, Ma-“

“Yah stupid bastard!” Marie screamed as she began pounding on his chest. “What the hell! Yah scared the crap outta me!”

Logan yelped at the sudden change of mood and lifted his hands to protect himself against the sudden attack.

“Ah! Ma- Marie! What the- OW! Quit it!” he glared at her but she continued to hit him.

“Ah thought yah...your heart! I...I. If yah felt sick...yah should have…yah didn’t tell me!” Marie’s punches began to slow and her lower lip began to tremble. Logan tentatively lowered his arms with a look of bewilderment. Tears began to dribble down her cheeks as she grabbed Logan and held him in an embrace, pressing her face into his chest as she cried.

Logan had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on. One minuet Marie was being all quiet and then the next she was beating him viciously and now she was snuggled into his chest practically begging to be comforted. Logan whimpered to himself, woman were so complicated.

“Uh, Marie? Darlin, are you alright?”

Rogue shook her head, refusing to speak. She knew she was acting a little crazy and it embarrassed her a little. How was Logan supposed to see her as an adult if she kept throwing temper tantrums like this?

‘Smooth Marie...Smooth…’ Rogue thought to herself as the tears kept coming. She could feel Logan’s hesitance as he began to wrap his arms around her fearing another attack. After nothing happened and Marie was still crying his protector instincts kicked in and he embraced her in a tight hug.

“Listen darling, I’m sorry if I scared you, but I’m ok see?” as he drew small circles into the small of her back to try and sooth her.

“Can yah tell me what happened sugah?”

“...The headache just got pretty bad, and I...I don’t know what happened. It was dark, where I was, and I heard voices. I couldn’t see a damn thing, there was a kid, his name was Jimmy. I don’t know what it means, but I don’t like it. I have a weird feeling that it was some sort of memory. Maybe I know this kid. It all seemed so familiar...”

“Jimmy? Voices? Oh Logan, my god I don’t know what to tell yah,” Marie said quietly. What Logan had just told her was confusing. Who was this Jimmy and what connection did he have to Logan? All kinds of thoughts were going through her head all while she was snuggled into Logan’s bare, hard and still damp chest.

‘Meep’ Marie blushed furiously and shoved him back some to put distance between them. Logan looked a little put out and she could have sworn she saw him pout.

“Um, uh, we...we should get you into bed, professor’s orders.” Stuttered Marie

Logan chuckled at her awkwardness and embarrassment. “Ok kid, let me go change.”

Logan still couldn’t comprehend how he got into this situation. He never listened to anybody and here he was changing into a pair of his favorite sweats and about to be put to bed like some five year old. He was fine...well maybe a little tired now that he thought about it.

‘ Maybe a little nap would be nice.’

Logan exited the bathroom and watched Marie as she wrung her hands together as she sat on his bed. She instantly turned her head to him when she heard the door open.

“Well, uh, you should get into bed now,” she responded awkwardly.

“Aren’t you going to tuck me in?” his eyebrow arching up and a half smirk gracing his features.

Marie blushed and then cleared her throat ‘Why am ah acting this way? Sheesh! Grow some balls Marie! Well maybe not real balls, figuratively speaking of course! Logan REALLY wouldn’t want me then.’ “Sure sugah climb on in and I’ll tuck yah in good and tight.

Logan held her gaze as he lifted his covers and crawled in between. He laid his head back on his pillow and looked at her expectantly. Marie reached for his covers and pulled them up over his body just past his chest, leaving his arms out.

“There yah go sugah all nice and snuggly,” Marie got up and began to walk away when there was a tug on her arm. She turned back to look at him with a pleading, puppy dog stare on his face. She couldn’t look away it was too precious.

“Stay with me?” For some reason the thought of her leaving him didn’t settle well, he wanted her close. Her presence calmed him; maybe she’d keep the dreams away.

“Of course Logan,” Marie went to the other side of his bed and crawled into the covers and got comfortable. Logan did the same and wrapped his arm around her waist spooning her back, positioning his face in her hair. He took a deep calming breath and let his tiredness take over his mind. He felt safe to fall asleep.

Marie was absolutely giddy, she was trying very hard to smother the giggles threatening to bubble out, she never thought this would happen. She was actually in bed with Logan!

‘Ok well maybe not in that way but hey it’s a start!’ her minnie pep talk in her mind let her giddiness grow. She couldn’t possibly fall asleep now, but there was no way in hell she was going to move.

“Hey Logan?” asked Marie

“Yeah darlin?” he replied his voice raspy.

“Ah think it would be best after you wake up, to go talk with the professor.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“...Hey Logan?”

“...Yeah?”

“Ah’m sure it will all be ok.”

“...I hope so, now darlin please go to sleep or at least stop talking.” Logan grunted

“Ok...Hey Logan?”

"...”

“Logan?”

“What kid!?” Logan growled

“Sweet dreams sugah.”

“Sweet dreams darlin,” chuckled Logan.
Chapter End Notes:
ok NEXT chapter big stuff.Hope I am improving!