Author's Chapter Notes:
Only 2 chapters left until the end. Hopefully by then all these misconceptions are cleared ; )
That was it. No more Mr. Nice Wolverine. Logan was really high tailing it out of here.

Logan turned back down the hall and was walking back towards his end when he saw Wheels come off the elevator.

"Ahh, Logan. Good to see you. How are things faring?" came his crisp English accent.

"You know, Chuck? Things are just fucking dandy. I could really use a little ice tea and dance my fucking heart out right about now," Logan spat and turned around without seeing Wheels' reaction.

There was a beat of silence as Logan took a step forward.

"Logan…is there anything you wish to talk to me about?" Chuck asked patiently.

"No."

"You know, if your mood does not change, I may be forced to probe your mind," said Charles thinking off the treatment he had been receiving from Logan all week.

"Don't you fucking dare," Logan said as he turned and eyeballed Chuck, "or you may lose more than your legs."

Chuck flinched slightly. He sat there unmoving and staring at Logan.

"What the hell are you doing on this floor anyway?" Logan asked.

"I have to discuss some important matters with Rogue."

"Uh-huh."

Logan could almost pity the man. Pity him for being decrepit and losing a girl to a much younger boy like Ice-dick.

But that still didn't excuse Chuck for stealing his girl. At least Chuck was about to get his balls handed to him when he would see what was going on in Marie's room.

"Have fun with that," Logan said ending the conversation and left.

Charles couldn't help but wonder about the Wolverine's strange mix of emotions towards him.

_________

Logan stomped to his room and pulled out his duffle. He began haphazardly throwing things into it. He had had it. He was going back to his cabin in the Canadian woods. Be with fucking nature, the one relationship he had which wasn't fucked up. He could take care of himself like he always did. He was not going to think of a chestnut and white haired, pouty lip….

If he needed money, he'd go into town for a fight. If he wanted sex, he could go into town for a chick to bang or get some porn.

Logan's mind was made. He could not be here in mansion full of lies, deceit, and all sorts of illicit stuff. (Of course, none of the things he did would count because he was above all that).

Logan was so frustrated that he barely heard the timid knock at his door. The knock came again, slightly louder and Logan threw the door open with a roaring "WHAT?"

Rogue jumped back a foot in shock.

Logan still felt pretty pissed off and fixed her with a glare that immediately crumbled when she bit her lip and locked him with an intense mahogany gaze.

"Sorry, kid….I thought you were Scooter or somebody wanting to go over something stupid."

She barely nodded, and her voice had a slight shake as she asked him, "Can we talk?"

Logan continued to occupy the doorframe as he rested his hand across the door, giving her an irritated, "Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"N…." and then he saw her bit her bottom lip, the same lip he had come back for, "Yeah, sure."

He only moved slightly as she ducked under his arm leaving him with a smell of her freshly washed hair and a faint scent of Ice-boy.

She cautiously sat on his bed, before folding up her long legs and placing her hands on her knee caps to steady herself. It was then that Logan really noticed how much her body had developed. Her long legs were exposed courtesy of her silky black boxers. She wore a simple cotton pink t-shirt that hung low giving him an expanse of her collarbone that he suddenly felt the urge to bite.

"Talk, kid."

She tried to get comfortable before beginning. "I know things haven't been the same lately between us." She looked up at him and then decided to stare at the carpet for courage. "I mean, I don't know what exactly we were before and you being gone four years and all…."

This was very obviously not going the way she planned.

"It's just that…well, you see…"

"Spit it out kid. I don't have all day."

She finally mustered up some resolve. "It's just that things between us are awkward. I mean I don't want to you give me preferential treatment, nor am I asking you to completely ignore me, but this entire week with you being back has been strange.'

"You want me to leave then?"

"No…I…" she stopped and looked around the room to avoid his gaze before seeing his duffle. "You planning on leaving?"

"Yeah…got some things to take care of." Shit. Now, he actually felt bad.

"But you just came back."

"Ain't nothing here really holding me."

Now the kid looked ready to burst into tears. She turned her head and he barely caught her mouthing something.

She looked up then and slowly stood. "Well, do you think you could at least wait until next Friday?"

"Why?"

She walked towards the door, getting right in his personal space. "There's going to be a ceremony."

"For what?"

"Which of us gets promoted to the Elite X-Team and who gets to be the leader and his chosen co-leader of the Junior X-team. I mean it's obvious the Bobby is going to lead, but this thing is really important to me. And I don't want you to feel obligated to come, but as a really important person in my life, can you please at least stay until then?"

She then gave him her pleading eyes. The ones that get round as saucers and barely rimmed with tears. And then she puckered up her lips in begging and damn it, he couldn't say no.

"I guess I can stick around until then."

"Oh, thank you, Logan. Thank you so much!" She jumped into his arms with a hug. A very nice hug where her breasts were pushing right up against his chest.

This was the hug he wanted when he first came. This was the hug where he was supposed to kiss her.

But she had made her own decisions, and although he didn't approve, the least he could do was wait it out with her like a friend.

Wait a second…was he actually being nice?

No, he was sacrificing his love to make her happy. He was an epic hero. A tragic hero. He was laying down his life for the greater good….

She left and Logan felt so empty. Break-ups were always hard. Being friends afterward was awkward. Breaking-up in a nonexistent relationship while trying to maintain a friendship before, during and after….was fucking harder.

However, in that moment Logan's brain wrapped around a tiny piece of information that gave him another chance at hoping his nonexistent relationship would come into existence.

If next week was that promotion ceremony thing, then obviously everyone had to vote somehow. So his girl was boinking Chuckie to move up to the Elite team, but she wasn't shutting down all options. If Ice-dick was the next 'Fearless Leader' then sleeping with him would get her co-leader.

His girl was an ambitious woman. And although it slightly disgusted him at how far she was going, he was also turned on that she was playing dirty to get what she wanted.

And if anyone knew how to bend the rules, it was him and he was a fucking pro at it.

__________

Monday morning found Logan putting his new plan into action. He was going to be a fucking awesome friend.

Why?

Because he was an epic hero. A tragic hero. A hero stuck in a star-crossed one-sided love.

Logan casually walked into the kitchen and heaped up on the greasy bacon and coffee before turning around to sit with His girl…or the girl who was formerly known as His girl, except she was nowhere to be seen. He surveyed the few tables noting the other runts, Chuck reading a newspaper, and Jean and Ororo head to head whispering something.

The runts looked like they were planning something, but didn't seem to be missing Rogue. Thinking the neutral Weather Witch was bound to know something, he headed over to her to ask for information.

As he neared them, they didn't pay attention and Logan caught the drift of an interesting conversation.

"Why are you picking Angel?"

"He's the underdog of the group. He's bound to come up with something."

"Hank says Rogue is the one. But I'm tempted by either Piotr or Remy. Something about the accent just gets me tingled."

"Whatcha guys whispering about?" Logan said as he rested his greasy plate on their table.

They immediately went quiet.

"Just some school stuff," Jean said casually.

"Didn't sound like that to me."

Ororo and Jean looked at each other and he could guess they were having a telepathic conversation.

Ro looked at him. "We were just discussing strengths and weaknesses of the team."

Logan gave them a I-may-look-stupid-but-I-ain't look.

"What's up, Logan?" Jean asked changing the topic.

"Seen Rogue lately? Just wanted to talk to her."

"Rogue?" Jean suddenly straightened and looked at her watch.

Before Logan could say anything else, she had her eyes closed. A minute later she reopened them. "She's down in the med-lab with Hank."

"She ok?"

"Of course. I was actually supposed to be with her, but Hank took over," Jean gave a subtle wink at Ro who just discreetly sipped her coffee in an attempt to hide her smile.

____________

Logan finished up his breakfast and took a bottle of water with him as he headed to the med-lab. He was like the gay best friend, only he wasn't gay. And he'd gut the living daylights out of anyone who said otherwise.

Logan got off the elevator in the med-lab and surveyed the area as he took many manly gulps of his water. No one appeared to be here. He was about to call out, when he observed the exam rooms. All were open except the one on the very far end.

Figuring someone was in there, Logan decided to chill and sat down until he heard voices from behind the closed door.

"Ready?" Hank asked.

"Sure thing," came Rogue's voice.

"I do believe I'm prepared."

There was muffled shuffling noise.

"Hank, get your furry, blue head between my legs and hurry up and put that thang in here and do your thang!"

Logan shot up. What the hell had happened to her? To this entire place?

It was like Xavier's Brothel House. Let's do in the med bay to satisfy your scientific pleasure.

Or you can have office sex. Wheelchairs are an added bonus.

Or in the danger room with the added fun of letting a flame loose on your ass as you reach your orgasmic bang.

Logan got his ass back on the elevator now realizing what Jean's eye and Ro's smile meant.

He immediately thought of three things to keep himself from shredding the elevator wiring and electrocuting himself.

1. He was her friend.

2. He was her friend…and he was

3. Staying until her ceremony (because he was her friend) and then hightailing it back to Canada (because he was a man, a man can only take so much).

There would never be any hope for a relationship with a girl like that. Logan had to give it all up. He got along just fine before her. He would get along just fine after her.

________

Rogue eyed the furry blue head between her legs.

After some more probing from Hank, he asked, "Is this your first time?"

Rogue was silent as he raised his head to look at her.

"No. Jean usually does my pelvic exam."