~Chapter 5~

Feeling a bright light over him, he groaned and turned on his side. Feeling the coldness of metal on his wrist, he bulted straight up.

"Calm down, Creed." Charles, calmly stated, from his place beside him.

Blinking a few times and taking in the medical lab, he growled. "Where's the runt?"

"Gone...She accepted the exchange and..."

"You have no idea what you did." Throwing the cover off him and pacing, he balled a fist. "She will become nothing but another human puppet to Eric. Death and pain, is all she knows now." Raising a hand and yanking his hair, he growled. "I should've stopped her."

"Rogue knew what she was doing and..."

"You don't get it, do you?" He yelled, glaring down at the bald man. "Eric only wants her to work some machine he has convinced that will help turn humans into mutants. And her mutation is the key!"

Eyes going wide, he gasped. "Impossible. That can't be done."

"It can and has." Falling back onto the bed and sighing, he closed his eyes. "Eric's been keeping her prisoner for the last three years. We found her hitch hiking up in Canada and persuaded her to come with us. After a month, he wanted to take her on a mission to retrieve another mutant. Long story short, he wanted the runt to drain the boy and when she refused, she became Eric's play thing." Lifting his eyes, they were tortured. "She continued to act out and wouldn't do as told, so Malady stepped in. He's another mutant who feeds on a person's pain...Eric had him break her. Strip her of everything that made her up. She couldn't even remember her own name,let alone talk in fear of him beating her."

"The collar," Logan voiced, from his perch on the chair in the far corner. "What does it do?"

"It sends electric shocks through her system and confuses her mutation. It makes it unactive for a while." Closing his eyes, he frowned. "You all know about the runt needing to drain me time and time again, but what you don't know, is why...After a year of her being broken, Eric decided to take away her choice of using her mutation. Inside her heart is a metal ball that sends a stronger electric shock through her, but it kills. She have only minutes, before she will die."

Jumping out of his chair, Logan growled. "That sick prick."

"For once I agree with you. But with me not being there, who you think will supply her with energy?"

Shaking his head, Charles touched his temple. After a rough minute in silence, he faced the two ferrel men. "I have called a meeting with the others. We need to find her, before what you spoke comes to be." Receiving a nod from both, he headed for the door.

Turning his back and slipping into the shirt laying beside him, he tugged his hair free. "You and the runt...did she tell you about the connection?"

"Yeah."

Facing him, Sabertooth folded his arms. "Then know when we find her, she won't remember us. We will be nothing but the enemy to her, but she may be confused that she feels a pull towards you. If she does, try to sympathize and she may trust you."

"This happened before, didn't it?"

"Yup. That's why we were so far from here and in Alaska. She needed time to herself and able to clear her mind and allow her memories to return. And once they did...you get where I'm going." He stated, turning and heading for the door.

Taking up behind him, Logan led the way down the metalic halls. "This should be interesting then. I'll get to see how she fights." Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he raised an eyebrow.

"No you don't. Rogue will be nothing but a killer and when she wears that face, nothing else matters. The only reason Eric has had her this long, is because of that collar. She came close too many times to killing him."

Watching as he walked off, all he thought he knew slowly began to fall.

****************************************************************************

Watching as Malady entered his room, he raised an eyebrow.

"She is geting there. This so called toughness you spoke of earlier is already gone."

"Standing, Magneto levetated a metal cup from his table towards him. "Good. We will have to act soon. Charles wishes to take her and I cannot have that. The machine is almost done now and after her and Victor's swift beating of it, it needs to be active soon."Swallowing some of his wine, he sighed. "Return to her and finish breaking her. Use any method you desire, just do not be foolish and try to rape her asJay did."

Noding, a wicked smile appeared on his face. "Trust me, I don't need to use such methods...I have my own."

Laughing at the sudden spark in his eyes, he could only imagine what was going to befall the southern belle.

*********************************************************************************

"Hold up!" Jubilee stated, popping her gum. "You want us to find her and bring her back, but she kill us?"

Sighing, Charles slowly nodded. "Yes, but from what Creed has implied, she may not strike to kill and..."

"Oh she will strike to kill." Victor added, munching on a bag of chips. "Rogue is not to be taken for granted. The moment we meet her on the field, we are the enemy and nothing will change that."

Jean frowned. "But you said she wouldn't try to kill..."

"Me or pint size." He finished. "Since we both have connected with her, she will recognize an imprint on us. Mine will not be as strong since she's been feeding off another. Hell, she may try to rip me a new one and the moment she tastes my blood, she'll associate us as pack."

Staring down the table at all the X-Men, Charles folded his hands in his lap. "Since this is such a dangerous mission and I see that you are mostly hesitant to go up against her, I would like Beast, Storm, Jean, Nightcrawler, Logan, and Creed to accompany myself to the factory where they are holding her and..."

"She's not there."

Raising an eyebrow, he eyed the ferral man.

"Eric has taken her further out. I cannot sense her no more."

"No more?" Logan bit out. "I can't sense her at all."

Laughing, Victor crumpled his snack up and tossed it in the bin behind him. "You can pint size, but she is the one that has to show you how...And I stopped being able to sense her a few minutes ago."

"What does that mean?" Jean pressed.

Standing and stretching, he scratched his head. "That means she's feeding and has blocked our connection. Or in other words red, she is killing another innocent human. Afterall, that was all Eric supplied when I wasn't there." Ignoring their shell shocked faces, he headed for the door. "Well, let's get this show on the road, I have a nice porno to catch up on."

Watching as he rather calmly exited, Kitty involuntarily shivered. "Okay, is it just me or did that freak anyone else out too?"

"He is simply masking how angered and hurt he is that she is gone." Beast answered, coming to his feet. "It's normal to supress what he feels, but I feel once she is back beside him, the damn will break."

Pushing the chair from under him, Bobby pulled her into his arms. "Well, I don't want to be here when it does." Giving the Professor a nod, he ushered his girlfriend away.

Pulling her hair back and tying it, Jean folded her arms. "I know that Rogue sacrificed her life for my husbands, but I'm not ready to put mine on the line for her and..."

"If you don't come, say goodbye to the human world, Red." Logan stated, pushing off the far wall and heading for the door. "Either we save her and save the damn humans or they are both screwed. Now what more do you want on ya' concious? The end of humanity or..."

"Or me ripping one eye apart and leaving you to piece him back together?" Victor finished, from his place in the entrance.

Paling, she began to visibly shake. "You wouldn't dare..."

"You might want to save that for after we save her and I give you the anidote to the deadly concoction in his puny body." Placing an empty vile of red fluid on the table, his eyes harded. "If I lose my runt, you lose hubby. Now get that ass in gear, before she is too far gone to even save."

Gasping, Beast picked it up and sniffed the contents. "It has venem in it...You actually..."

"I will gladly do so again, for her. She is mine and I will kill and move this planet for her." He growled. "If anyone comes between me and her, it's death."

Narrowing his eyes, Charles attempted to enter his mind. After a minute, he began to hold his head.

Smirking down at him, Victor shook his head. "Sorry to disappoint, but there will be no more of that going on, unless I deem it."

"How...How can you block my telepathy, when even Eric cannot?"

"Easy...I have a great teacher..." Turning his back, he smirked. "Now let's go save her."

Sharing an uneasy look, all rushed out after him.

*******************************************************************************

Yeah I know it's short, but tell me what you think. And I know I threw Victor in a very bad position with poisioning Scott, but it's needed.