~Chapter 4~

"Hold on darling." He called back, as he kicked the stand up and began to roll out of the garage.

Tightening her arms around him, Rogue leaned her head on his back.

"Cold?" Making a left once they exited the school gates, he gave her thigh a soft pat.

"No. I'm good."

Noding, his attention returned to road. Just as he accelerated and did a sharp turn off the road and onto a dirt path, he smirked as her heart rate increased. "Don't worry, I got you."

"I know." She whispered, into his ear, as she squeezed him with her thighs.

Catching his hand that threatened to rub her jean clad leg, Logan mentally cursed. She was a child and he was going to feel her up. Fixing a stronger hold on the bike's handle, he spotted their destination up ahead. Pulling into the parking lot and claiming a spot closer to the entrance, he killed the engine. Allowing her off first, he followed. Pocketing the keys, he faced her.

"If anyone ask, you're twenty-two."

Noding, both entered the bar.

"Wondered when you were going to return, big guy." The bartender sounded, as he slid into a stool.

"Itching for a fight." He cooly replied, pulling Rogue to him. "Think you can keep an eye on my cargo here?"

Smirking and handing over a Molasas, he gave a nod. "I'll try, but with how crowded it's been lately, can't make no garentee." Eyeing her, he raised an eyebrow. "What can I get you, lil' lady?"

"I'll have the same."

Watching as he went about to get her a beer, Logan turned her to face him. "I'm going to get in the cage and make a few bucks. Stay put and..."

"I'm heading over towards the pool table." She stated, accepting the beer and sauntering off.

Narrowing his eyes, he moved to go after her.

"Let her be. She'll be fine. Everyone can see she belongs to ya'." The bartender laughed, as he glared at him. "Hey, look at it this way. No one wants to go toe to toe with you, so their'll play nice." Motioning towards the three men who was now chatting her up as she took a shot, he smirked. "See, no worries."

Striping out of his jacket and shirt, he handed it over. "I'll be back in ten."

Noding, Logan made his way into the cage. But all the while, his eyes never strayed far from the laughing brunette.
*****************************************************************

"You're pretty good." The tall red head voiced, to her left.

Smiling and squeezing past him, she bent over and took aim. "What can I say, I had a great teacher." And with that, the stick met the q-ball.

Shaking his head, he laughed. "That burly mass there can't shoot to save his ass. Wiped the floor with him last time he was here." Taking a shot and making it, he gave a corney smile. "Still want to make that bet, sweet cheeks?"

Narrowing her eyes and sticking a hip out, she raised an eyebrow. "Who you calling sweet cheeks, bub?" Her cold voice sounded, as she took a gulp from her beer.

Pausing and sharing a look with his two friends, he took a step back. "Just joking around, baby."

Closing the distance between them, her face hardened. "Don't ever...Ever... call me that, again."

Slowly noding, she eased away and gave him a pointed look.

Sighing, he moved towards the pool table for his turn.
*************************************************************

Watching as the man fell to the ground and blood gushed from his nose, Logan sighed. This was the third fight and still no challenge. Hell, he knew females with more spirit then these lazy ass bums. Becoming over whelmed with a sudden strong feeling of anger, he frowned. He was far from such, hell he was just frustrated and...

"We are like one...we can feel each other..."

Eyes widdening as a certain southern voice rang in his head, he turned and frowned at the scene before him. There stood Rogue, clearly in rage at the man who stepped back from her. Tilting his head and catching the end of the dispute, he frowned.

Why in the world would she be mad he called her sweet cheeks?

Watching as they began to slowly return to their game of pool, he caught her eye. Raising a brow at her, she calmly placed her stick down and grabbed her beer, then headed in his direction. Glimpsing his opponent and finding him being dragged out, Logan sighed and exited the cage.

Just as he rounded the large crowd, a busty blond waltzed up to him. Instantly recognising her from one of his flings last week, he frowned.

"Hey Wolvy." She purred, as she placed a hand on his chest. "Want to go for another ride?"

Opening his mouth to reply, a southern voice beat him to the punch.

"No, he doesn't."

Facing her, the blond laughed. "I don't believe I was talking to you, lil' girl."

Taking a step and closing the distance, Rogue cracked her neck. "Want to repeat that?"

Steping between them, the bartender smirked. "No fighting on my floor. Take this show to the cage and duke it out there."

Blondy smirked. "Fine by me. You game for a beat down?"

Balling fist, she headed into the throng of on lookers. Just as she moved to enter, a hand closed around her waist.

"Don't. If you touch her and..."

"I won't." Stepping out of his hold and closing the metal door, she faced the other female. "I'll be nice and let you get one hit in. After that, you'll be dragged out of her by ya' poor dye job you call blond."

Narrowing her eyes, she balled a fist. "I ain't going down easy, bitch." And with that, she lundged at her.

True to her word, Rogue stood perfectly still and allowed her to make contact. Head jerking to the left, a mouth full of blood flew from her lips. Rolling her shoulders and tilting her head in her direction, she smirked. Spiting out the crimson fluid that dripped from her mouth, she raised an eye brow. "Is that what you call a hit?" She taunted.

Screaming in out rage at that snub, blondy once more aimed for her head.

Easily catching her wrist with her right hand and back handing her with the left, she fell to the ground. Shaking her head and circling her, she laughed. "Pitiful." Crouching down beside her, she smiled. "Not so pretty now, are you?"

Narrowing her eyes on her, blondy once more lunged at her. Tackling her to the mat, she moved to punch her.

Maneuvering around her erectic movements, Rogue careful of her skin kneed her in the ass. Quickly fixing a hold on her and tossing her over her head, she followed suit. Landing on top of her, she fisted a hand full of blond and began to hammer away in her face.

Smiling all the more brighter, she couldn't stop. The sudden jolt and rush she got from beating her down, was just too strong. It was like everything in her craved the violence. Hell, she was on a high and didn't want to come down.

Seeing that familiar gleem in her eyes, Logan cursed and leapt for the cage. Entering and reaching for her, he found a fist coming his way. Easily avoiding it and twisting her in his arms, he restrained her. Staring down into her angered and ferrel face that reminded him of his own, he silently ushered her out the cage.

Forcing his way through the crowd and making it to the bar, he held his hand out. Quickly slipping into his shirt and jacket, he led her outside. Once the door closed, he spun her around and pinned her to it.

"Get a hold of yourself, kid! You don't want..."

"The rush and thrill in the kill?" She finished, laying her head back and smirking at his shocked face. "What's wrong? Didn't think no one could relate to you and that animal you have inside?" Running her finger tips over his chest, she smiled. "I'm just like you, now."

Brushing her hand away, he took a step back. "Tell me more about the connection."

"There's not much to tell. It varies with each person I come in contact with."

"What's the longest you kept a person's personality?"

"Four days."

Eyes widdening, he shook his head. "You're not talking about..."

"You?" Closing the distance between them, she raised an eye brow. "Don't be so shocked. Your personality molds nicely with mine. I can feel it...and I can feel you." Walking around him and stoping behind him, she leaned her head against his back. "It's frightening, really. Half the time I'm forcing the other personality from trying to control me, but with you...it's different. Your's give off a warmth that makes me want...I feel drawn to you even more, than the first time we first met in Alaska."

Facing her and seeing the sudden change in her, he sighed. "Nice to have you back, kid."

"I was never gone."

"But you're..."

"Back to normal?" Shaking her head, she folded her arms across her chest. "I may be back to normal to you, but in the inside I'm not." Staring up at the sky, she smiled. "I'm more like night and day, you can say. I have a sweet and quiet side and an inner animal now, but just like dusk when night and day mix, that's me. They are both combining." Facing him, her face hardened. "I'm not going to be bipoloar in a sense now, but more level headed and constant. 'You' are my constant. I will have alot of your traits, but they will hold my own."

Tracing the out line of her face, his gaze landed on her neck. "And the tattoo?"

She smirked. "I always wanted one and was scared. With your healing, I had nothing to fear and the wolf was to represent a part of you, that will always be with me...It sounds silly, but even then, I was thankful for you when you saved my life." Turning away, her voice became more soft and serene on the night's gentle breeze. "I know you fear being forgotten and I wanted to show that you're not a fleeting thought. You matter and you matter to me." Feeling warmth surround her, she turned and found her just inches from his face.

"You have my memories."

She noded.

"Do you know why I can't..."

"No."

Lowering his gaze, he turned away.

"But I know someone who can help you." She added.

"Who?"

"A friend."

Seeing the silent question in her eyes, he gave a bow of the head. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, I have to first contact her and..."

"No. Thanks for this." Fingering the wolf on her neck, he smiled. "No one has ever done something like this for me...I like it kid."

Laughing, she shook her head. "You know I'm not a kid any more."

"Since when? Last time I checked, you were seventeen."

Looking at his wrist, she smirked. "Since tweenty-seven minutes ago. I'm eighteen...and legal."

Catching her double meaning, he smirked. "Is that so?" Snaking his arms out and clasping her slender hips, he pulled her flush against him. "Then allow me to take full advantage."

Watching as the distance began to close, she tilted her head. Just as their lips touched, his phone went off.

Pulling back and giving her an apologetic look, he answered it. "What?"

"Magneto has attacked and demands Rogue in exchange for Scott." Jean's urgent voice sounded. "We have to exchange her for him."

Eyes going wide, he stared at the pale female before him. "I..."

"It's fine." She replied hugging herself. "I knew this day was coming. It's okay. Where is the exchange to take place?"

Releasing a breath, Logan sighed. "Where?"

"Central Park."

"Be there in ten." Closing the phone and facing her, he frowned. "We'll figure something out and..."

"No. This doesn't concern you. Me and Victor ran and he wants us back." Smiling, she rubbed his stubble on his face. "Thank you. You're the first person who doen't treat me like a walking disease." Standing on her toes, she pressed her lips to his. Righting herself, she motioned towards the motorcyle. "Let's get this over with."

Watching as she straddled the bike, he for the first time he could remember, felt torn. Shaking his head, he climbed on the Harley with a heavy heart.
*********************************************************

Looking over towards the road, she cursed. "Where are they?"

Placing a calming hand on her arm, Charles frowned. "They will be here. Give them time."

"The longer they take, the more he bleeds!" She exclaimed, motioning towards her husband who was impaled by a metal pipe in his side.

"They will..."

"Do not worry, she will come." Magneto's cold voice sounded, from his perch on the hill before them.

"What do you plan to accomplish with her by your side?" Charles demanded.

Folding his arms, he began to levitate towards them. "Why so curious, old friend?"

"She is not capable to with stand what you have planned. Let her be and hone her gift along side myself. She is fragle and..."

"No she's not. You would be shocked what she can take." Tilting his head on the pair rushing over, he smirked. "Isn't that right, Rogue?"

Turning, Jean gasped. "She's here, now give us Scott!"

Touching down on the ground and holding his hand out, Magneto smiled. "Come here."

Slipping past Logan, Jean, Charles, and moving to close the distance between them, her path was blocked. "Don't do this. I have to..."

"You owe them nothing, runt." Sabertooth growled, shuving her back. "You don't decide when to die and..."

"If I don't, Scott dies and..."

"So?"

Sighing, she grabbed his hand. "You're free of him, take it."

Eyes softening, he shook his head. "Not without you."

Releasing a breath and touching his jaw, her little control vanished. Instantly feeling the pull of his life force enter her, she gasped. Staring into his eyes that revealed such pain, she held on for another minute and stepped back. Watching as he fell to the ground as blood flooded the rich grass, she faced the X-Men.

"Thank you, for everything. For once in my life I actually felt human again." Her southern voice sounded, with a tang of huskiness to it. Licking the fang and was biting into her lip, a tear fell. "Take care of him, please. He needs to be with others, or he will become lost to the animal inside him." She finished, staring into angered eyes.

Turning away, Logan gave a small nod.

Smiling, she stepped passed him and soon found a metal collar around her neck. Feeling the familar electric current run through her body, she released a scream and soon everything went dark.

"What the hell you do to her?" Logan growled, taking a step as his claws came undone.

Raising his hand and seizing him, Magneto smiled. "Did you forget what covers every inch of your body?" He replied, making the claws widden. Turning his head and giving a nod, a tall and thin boy with torn blue jeans and a black t-shirt covered with a brown vest walked out from the trees. "Gather her and return to the transportation."

Noding and kneeling, he securly wrapped the blanket around her and threw the covered body over his shoulder.

Watching as they disappeared behind the thick forestry, Charles frowned. "And Scott?"

With a wave of his hand, the pipe was forced out.

Grunting and falling to the ground, Jean quickly used her telekenisis and caught him. Once he was near, she lowered him to the ground and began to tend to him.

"Now, if you excuse me, I have a 'Rogue' to retame." And with that Magneto was gone.

Feeling the pull from his claws suddenly leave, Logan resheathed them and growled. "We have to get her back."

Noding, Charles sighed. "I agree and we shall. But first, we need to tend to the injured and regroup...He knows why Eric wants her and I think it's time he told us."

Following his gaze and narrowing his eyes, he walked over and lifted Sabertooth. "If not, I'm cuting him down to size... permently."

Biting his tongue on what he wished to say, Charles followed his fellow X-Men into the jet.
***********************************************************

On the other side of town, she groaned, as her battered body was roughly thrown to the ground. Blinking back stars and slowly sitting up, pain raced up her neck. Reaching up and tensing as that familiar cool metal feeling met her fingers, she frowned.

"What's wrong, sweet cheeks?" A dark and cold voice sounded, to her left.

Instantly coming to her feet and moving to the far wall, she stared off into the shadows. "Please...don't. I won't run again. I promise."

"You said that before and look at what happened." Nearing her to reveal a michivious smile, the spikey whip unwound itself from his arm. "Now, let's continue where we left off, sweet cheeks.

And with that, Rogue found herself screaming as pain wrecked her body and blood fell to the cell's ground.
*****************************************************

Yeah I know that I so confused you with this new development and the kiss that both Rogue/Logan was going to share. This is where they are going to bond more. Don't forget to review and tell me what you think