~Chapter 2~

Entering through the metal doors, he gave pause.

"It's hard to take in, I know." Beast stated, as he eyed the chart in his hand. "She refused to leave his side, I just managed her to go with Bobby and Kitty to get a snack. And she was only gone for a few minutes." Placing it on the table, he sighed. "I'm just concerned about her well being with him."

Walking over and grabbing a blanket off a near by chair, Logan draped it around her slumbering figure. "Did she tell you her name and how she came to travel with him?"

"No, but she did state that he would never hurt her."

"You don't believe that, do you?"

Shrugging, he leaned on the wall behind him. "I don't know, old friend. But from the bruises, injuries, and marks all on his body, someone aimed to kill him."

Staring down at the pale and peaceful face on Creed's arm, he frowned. "She said he saved her life and almost died."

Noding and moving towards the pair, he removed the sheet. "They aren't healing like they should and I found fragments of metal scattered through his body."

Eyes going wide, he stared into dazed eyes. "Magneto did this to him?"

Lowering her gaze, she gave a small nod.

"Why?"

"He..."

"Does not concern you." A gruff voice sounded.

Gasping, a tear fell. "I thought you were going to..."

"I said I got you runt, I meant it."

Smiling, she leaned over him and ran a hand through his hair. "Thanks, for everything."

Rolling his eyes and sitting up, he grabbed her arm and pulled. Forcing her more into his personal space and tangling his hands in her long locks, he bared her neck. Gently nuzzling her skin, he visibly relaxed.

Sighing and closing her eyes, she waited for him to release her. Feeling his sharp teeth enter her neck, she jumped.

"I told you to stay put." He growled, glaring down at her.

Touching her throat where he bit her, she lowered her gaze. "I couldn't let him kill you. I..."

"That was not your call to make."

Shrinking back under his heated gaze, she hugged herself. "I'm sorry."

Looking from the now silently weeping female to his nemisis, Logan raised an eyebrow. "Care to share what the hell was that?"

"No." He bit out, ripping the i.v. from his arm and standing.

"You are in no condition to..."

"I'll live, fur ball."

Promptly closing his mouth, Beast shook his head.

Accepting the large grey sleeveless top she held out, he slipped it over his head.

"Why did Magneto attack you?" Logan demanded, stepping within his path.

Tilting his head, he bared his fangs. "Move."

"No."

Narrowing his eyes, he balled a fist. Moving to take aim for his head, he quickly haulted. "Step aside."

Releasing a breath and raising her gaze, she stared him dead in the eyes. "No."

"I am not in the mood for your 'tude, girl."

"And I'm not going to repeat myself again." She boldly stated.

Raising his hand and moving to back hand her, Logan and Beast reached for her.

Dodging their hands and under his arm, her glove quickly fell to the floor as her hand splayed on his jaw.

Eyes going wide and staring down at her in disbelief, he fell to his hands and knees panting. Lifting his head and staring at her, he smirked. "I knew there was a reason I liked you."

Sighing and kneeling, she tossed his arm around her shoulder. "You are a mess."

"But I'm your mess." He replied, as she effortlessly lifted him to his feet.

"No your not." Watching as he once more eased back on the bed, she turned away. Finding a hand on her wrist, she found dark orbs staring back at her.

"I'm yours as much as you are mine."

Lowering her gaze, she remained silent.

"We all made sacrifices and you are mine." Cuting his gaze towards the two mute men, he narrowed his eyes. "And no one will take you away from me." Smiling and catching her chin, he stared into sad brown. "Me and you are the same, runt. You killed to survive and came out ontop. And now so have I."

"I'm no prize."

Pulling her closer and staring up into her face, his eyes became soft. "I know, but you gave me a reason and for that you are mine."

"Always." Leaning towards him and laying a bufferfly kiss on his collar bone, she pulled back. "Sleep."

Closing his eyes, he drifted off.

Sighing and retaking her seat beside him, she ran a hand through her hair.

"My dear, you are a mutant, correct?" Hank voiced, coming out his stupor.

"Yes."

"And your skin, it kills..."

"It can, if I'm skin to skin for too long." Slipping her glove back on, she frowned.

Noding, he turned and headed for the room connected.

"So, you and Creed are what exactly?" Logan stated, the moment he left.

Crossing her legs, she eyed him. "Why do you want to know?"

"It's the least you can tell me, for sparing your boyfriend."

Looking away, her demenar changed and she once more seemed like the frail young lady he first met. "Victor is not my boyfriend."

"Then what is he?"

"A...friend...companion."

"And why is he so possessive of you?"

"He..."

"Awe, you are woke." A voice sounded, from the room's entrance.

Biting his jaw to quite the comment he was ready to throw out, he took a step back. "Chuck."

"Logan." Coming to a stop before her in his wheelchair, he smiled. "I am Professor Charles Xavior and the founder here and the institute. I apologise for my rudeness and not meeting you sooner. I had business to see to."

"It's fine."

Smiling, he folded his hands across his lap. "Now, what is your name?"

"...Rogue...I go by Rogue."

"Well then, welcome into my home Rogue. Hope your stay has been pleasent?"

"It has."

"That's good to hear." Pausing, he eyed the slumbering man. "I do not wish to pry, but I see that you and Sabertooth are in a bind and am in need of help. Please, you both are welcome to stay here and I will aid in any way I can."

Lowering her gaze, she hugged herself. "I...I don't know. It's up to him."

Noding, Charles tried another approach. "You are sixteen, correct?"

"No...Seventeen."

"Well, it's safe to say you didn't finish high school? This institute doubles as a school, as well as a place to help people like us to hone and control our abilities. I know many call them curses, but they are what I call gifts."

"You help them learn control?"

Noding, he smiled even brighter. "Yes, my dear. It is hard, but all who come within these walls leave knowning they can take control back of their lives and not constantly fear their gifts."

"If I stay, you would help me?" She finished, eyeing her companion

"Ofcourse...If that is alright with Sabertooth." He added, watching as she stared at him. "I see that he means a great deal to you, child. If he returns the same notion, he would agree this is a great chance for you to regain your life."

"My skin...When I touch another person, I take their life force or something. I can see everything they ever did and if I'm in contact with another mutant, I borrow their 'gift' for a short while...And If we touch for too long, they die." She lowly stated, facing him. "I can turn my skin off for a little over a minute, but it's hard to concentrate. Can you help me control it, so I can touch?"

Reaching out and grabing her gloved hand, he gave it a soft squeeze. "I would be honored."

"Thank you...but if I stay here, he does too." She stated, locking gazes with the angry orbs.

"That is fine. He is more than welcome to..."

"He has tried to kill us. Mainly me." Logan growled.

"True, but with recent events and what I have gathered, he is attempting to turn over a new leaf. He deserves a chance to prove himself." Charles, rather smoothly replied.

"And what about the others? You think they will understand this 'leaf'?"

"No, but everyone here was given a fair chance and I will not turn him away." Looking towards Rogue, he smiled. "Do not worry, everything will be fine." Giving a bow of the head, he swiftly exited.

Folding his arms, Logan shook his head. "You know he ain't going stay, so don't get your hopes up."

Moving to reply, she found herself alone. Sighing and staring at the slumbering man, she frowned. "I believed in you then Victor, so believe this is a good idea...Please." Squeezing his hand, she got comfortable and entered the realm of dreams.
**************************************************************

"Tell me you're kidding, Professor?" Bobby exclaimed.

Sighing, he shook his head. "Creed shall become a resident here in the school and..."

"You said we could always be safe here." Kitty voiced, eyeing him. "He almost killed me and you expect me to be fine with him living here?"

"I understand your concern, all of you. But I feel that this is what is needed. After all, Magneto almost killed him as he saved her. There must be great reason behind such and I rather would like to know why then to have the death of possibly two on my concious."

Falling silent, she noded.

"What do we know about her?" Jean voiced, from her seat beside her husband, Scott.

"Just her mutation that drains the life or another gift from a person, upon skin contact."

"That's not much to go by. She may be hiding something and..."

"If I may, but in?" Beast called, placing his book on the table. "She seems more than willing to speak up, but from what I have seen, I will conclude that it is Creed who don't want her to. Whenever she attempts to, he cuts in."

"He's too possessive over her." Logan stated, as he put his cigar out in his palm. "You have to tread carefully around her."

"She seems quite fine and..."

"If she so much as gets hurt or someone says something, don't be shocked if a body turns up."

Frowning, Charles fell silent.

"Is she so important, that you want to risk everyone here?" Jean stated.

"I want to find out why Creed turned against Magneto and why he wants Rogue. Helping her control her mutation is also very important to me. For as a teacher, I wish I could help everyone."

Shakin his head, Scott sighed. "But I honestly don't see him..."

"Sorry we're late." Came a new voice from the entrance.

Turning, all froze.

Smirking,he casually draped an arm about the female's shoulder beside him. "Sorry, don't mind me. I just thought I should silence all this damn whining and let you know 'we' are staying." Sabortooth stated, with a smirk of all trades spread across his face.

'Let the games begin.' He thought, staring at all the shocked and stricken faces.
******************************************************
I know I kind of made slight notions of a relationship between Victor and Rogue, but all will be cleared up later in other chapters. And don't forget to leave a review and let me know what you think.