Story Notes:
Rogue can retain any powers she's absorbed.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to post this because it's one of the only complete fics of all the projects I'm working on. Enjoy.
Heres the picture that goes with this:
http://alexmonalisa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38ssw6
On the first page of our story, the future seemed so bright

Pictures… so filled with memories. The first day Logan came back she’d taken a picture of him from the window on the second floor. A month after that they’d started dating and Jubes had snapped one of them sitting in the kitchen. Marie sighed and looked at the rest of the pictures. The first time he kissed her through a scarf. Their first Thanksgiving together. Her nineteenth birthday, celebrated at midnight in Storm’s garden. Her making a snow angel with him watching from a distance. Him with his arms wrapped around her the first time she’d stepped into the danger room in her leather uniform. Their first Christmas together. Her sitting on the car he bought her. Him smiling with her hanging off his back, her arms clutched tight around his neck. Their one-year anniversary four months ago. And then, him and… her… naked.

Then this thing turned out so evil, I don’t know why I’m still surprised

It wasn’t their first time. It was just the first time they’d been caught on camera. It had been after she’d gone shopping when Jubilee stopped her at the front door and slipped her an envelope. She’d gone to her room and opened it to find a picture of Logan… and Jean. They were naked and passionately entangled, his tan skin contrasting against her pale skin. Her red hair flowed around them, curling around him, clutching him to her. A tear slipped down Marie’s cheek, as she looked at all that skin on skin. Two days later Kitty sent her a picture via e-mail. Marie merely stared at the still image of Logan fucking Jean on the kitchen table before closing her laptop and curling up in the bathroom. The next day she got a text from Pete. Logan and Jean in the garden, rose petals raining down on them, his mouth on her breast, her head thrown back in pleasure. Marie squeezed until there was an audible crack, both her bones and her phone breaking and blood poured from her hand. It continued, in different forms. A pitying look from the professor, a squeeze on the shoulder from Storm and a look of concern from Bobby. When Scott knocked on her door and hugged her, she just wasn’t surprised anymore.

Even angels have their wicked schemes, and you take that to new extremes

The excuses started from simple believable things to elaborate plots that if she hadn’t knew, she would have believed him. He had extra classes. He was going to see Jean to help clear up his past. He needed to do an intense training session. He was meditating and no-one was to disturb him. He needed to fix his motorcycle. He was helping Storm in the garden. He wanted to take a walk in the forest to clear his head. He’d booked her a spa weekend for her and two friends. He thought she should have a girl’s night out. He needed to pick up a bike part out of town, there was only one left and he didn’t want to drag her all the way there but Jean was going that way as well to get a present for Scott, so she offered to take him along for the ride. In the end, she made the excuses and he took advantage of the time.

But you’ll always be my hero, even though you’ve lost your mind

She still loved him, dreamed of him saving her from Liberty Island every night. He noticed the bruises, the circles under her eyes, the cuts on her body. She blamed the Wolverine still inside her. It was the truth in some ways. She still had the personality inside her, filled with rage and anger. It amazed her and left her in awe as he tended to her every wound. He would wash her before treating every cut carefully and lying in bed with her, trying to lull her to sleep. When she fainted from exhaustion once, he had carried her to the med-lab and stayed by her side until she recovered. She had smiled even though she was merely empty inside. She said he was her hero. Everyone else said he was insane for using her.

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
but that’s all right because I like the way it hurts


Marie shook her head to clear her thoughts. She shoved all the photos into the metal bucket she’d brought outside and took out the box of matches.
‘Do it.’ whispered the Magneto in her head.
She nodded slowly and lit a match before throwing it in. For a moment she watched the flames curl around the photos and then the fire grew wild once it hit the alcohol at the bottom of the bucket. The flames brought back the memory of Jean’s hair, red and untamed. The Wolverine inside her grew angry and Marie plunged her arm into the flames. She hardly felt the slow burning of her skin, just watched the flames lick her skin. She turned slowly and walked out of the forest. The sounds of heavy panting caught her attention and her head whipped to her right. Logan and Jean were doing it against the tree, both their jeans around their ankles and Jean’s shirt wide open as Logan licked her breasts. Marie stood there, watching the man she loved thrust into another woman. She carried on walking forward, heading to the school gates. She heard scream as she reached the gates and voices from the mansion. A blast of something cold hit her arm and she looked down to see her arm incased in ice. Her eyes flittered to where Logan and Jean had been, but now there was only Logan, starring at her in confusion and a hint of guilt. He didn’t know she knew. She felt a hand on her shoulder and another on her arm. She looked down at her right arm as Bobby removed the ice and then to the hand on her left shoulder which belonged to Jubilee.
“Come on chica. Let’s get you inside.”

Now there’s gravel in our voices, glass is shattered from the fight

“What the fuck were you doing?”
Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at the door where he stood. His eyes gazed slowly over the room and her eyes followed his. Shattered glass everywhere from this morning when she’d gathered every photo and poured all the alcohol into the bottom of the metal bin. Then she’d smashed the empty frames and broke the bottles leaving glass everywhere. When Jubilee had brought her to her room five minutes ago, she hadn’t allowed her friend to see the mess. She had merely slipped into her room and promised to see the professor later. Her eyes snapped back to Logan who was frowning at the mess.
“Darlin’-“
“Don’t call me that.” She croaked, her throat tight with anger.
“Marie, what’s wrong?”
Marie shook her head, her feelings for him clouding her anger. She let Magneto’s psyche take over and she felt a smirk spread across her face.
“My apologies for interrupting your session.”
“Session?”
“Yes, Wolverine, your illicit afternoon activity. I’ll let you get back to your whore.”
“Don’t call her that!” snapped Logan.
Magneto’s personality reared back into the distance fogs of her mind as she recognized the passion and protection in his voice. She stood up, her feet crunching on the broken glass, shards piercing her foot.
“Marie… I didn’t… I-“
“I’m going to see the professor.” She whispered.

In this tug of war, you’ll always win, even when I’m right

“I’m losing him.”
The Professor looked up, a tired expression on his face. Marie entered his office and slammed the door closed. She sat down by the window and looked out at the setting sun.
“How long have you known?” whispered the Professor.
“Long enough.”
“And yet, you never told him you knew?”
“No.”
“Why?”
Marie glanced at the professor before clenching her fists and shaking her head.
“Why didn’t anyone tell me? Sure, I received photos, pitying looks and friendly gestures. But no-one had the guts to look me in the eye and tell me!”
“Your friends are not so harsh. We want you to be happy.”
“Without Logan I’m nothing!”
“You need help.” whispered the professor.
“I’m fine.”
“Setting your arm on fire is fine?”
Marie sighed and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She could feel the professor trying to read her mind. She opened her eyes and gazed out the window, not even looking up as the door opened.
“Marie-“
“Logan, please.” interrupted the professor.
“This doesn’t concern you Chuck.”
“Logan, I assure you, Rogue is in good hands. Please leave.”
Marie turned a little to see the professor and Logan staring at each other. They’d obviously started conversing telepathically. Logan’s gaze snapped to her and guilt appeared on his face for a second before he turned left. The professor sighed and rubbed his head.
“Professor?”
“He’s… concerned for you. Rogue, he says you’ve been unresponsive lately.”
“I don’t want to lose him.”
“Maybe it’s better if-“
“DON’T SAY THAT!”
“Rogue, please, perhaps it’s better if you left, took some time to clear your head.”
Marie nodded and smiled.
“Yes, I’ll go. Logan will understand.”
“Rogue… when you leave, Logan might… he might end things between you.”
“Logan’s too loyal to just leave me.”
“Don’t push him too far. He could hate you.”
“I’ll never give him up. No matter what.”

‘Cause you feed me fables from your hand, with violent words and empty threats

He spent the night feeding her a web of lies, kissing her through a scarf, telling her he’d always love her. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, taking him in. His scent overwhelmed her, making her feel light-headed. Soon, she was breathless and panting, lying curled in his arms. He reached out and took her arm, frowning at the marks that had disappeared. His gloved hand traced along the unmarked skin and she smirked.
“We all have our secrets.”
“Marie, what’s happening to you?”
“How long have you been with Jean?”
He cursed and closed his eyes. Marie stood and dressed, careful to avoid looking at him.
“Marie, it hasn’t been for long… a month at most.”
She frowned, thinking back to less than three months ago when Jubilee had given her the photo. Wolverine growled in her head and took control.
“Why do you always lie to me? Do you think I’m stupid?”
“Don’t let him take control, Marie.”
She unleashed a low growl before stalking from the room. The Wolverine inside her was angry, feeling hatred towards the one taking their mate. Logan belonged to her and only her. They were matched and he was not allowed to leave her. Ever. She reached the right door and knocked. Jean opened, smiling, her hair cascading down her shoulders, pale skin incased in a white silk negligee. Marie heard Logan running down the hall towards her. Jean’s smile dropped and her expression became one of anger. Marie smirked before her gloved hand shot out. She wrapped her hand around Jean’s neck and squeezed. Yet after a second she felt Logan pull her away, burying his face in her neck.
“Don’t you dare hurt her, or else…” he whispered.

And it’s sick that all these battles, are what keeps me satisfied

Marie sat on the bed, looking at the bag she’d packed. She looked up as Logan put a bag next to hers and snatched up his keys from the nightstand.
“What are you doing?” she whispered.
“We need to leave here, now.”
Marie frowned and shook her head.
“No, I’m going without you.” She whispered.
He sat down next to her and tucked a white lock of hair behind her ear. She looked at him and felt her heart break. She could easily run away with him. But how long until he started to miss Jean? How long before he felt the need to go back over-ran his need to protect her? She would not drag him with now. The Wolverine in her head silently agreed. The man was too attached to the red head, the one who had taken over his heart. Marie had to bind him to her but only when the time was right. Healing wasn’t enough. The fact that she could meant that Logan could still be with Jean because he had eternity to be with Marie. But one did not share one’s mate. The only way now was too severe ties from him. The Magneto in her mind wanted to cause him pain, seek revenge. Marie sighed and pushed him away. She couldn’t hurt him even after he caused her so much pain. But her inner Rogue glorified in the pain, making her satisfied.

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry,
But that’s alright because I love the way you lie


“Baby, we’re going together. Okay?” said Logan.
The tears ran down her cheeks and at the same time she rolled her eyes. Magneto was disgusted by her weakness. She pushed away from him and opened his bag. She started taking out his clothes, placing them back in their places, while he watched her do it.
‘He makes no motion to stop you.’ Remarked Magneto.
Marie ignored the voice and smoothed the empty bag, placing it at the bottom of the wardrobe. He sat on the bed, looking at his hands and she sighed and turned to the top drawer. She rummaged through the contents, ignoring the jewelry, knick-knacks and various gifts he had bought her until she found a small blue box. She opened it and removed the tags, placing them in her jeans pocket. She wiped the tears from her cheeks, not letting the pain within her heart overflow anymore. She turned towards him and let Magneto take over.

So maybe I’m a masochist, I try to run but I don’t wanna ever leave
Til the walls are goin’ up, in smoke with all our memories


“Logan?”
“Yeah, darlin’.”
“Remember, when the condom broke?”
“Yeah, that was a few months ago right?”
“Just under four months.”
His head snapped up and there was a calculative expression on his face. She, or rather Magneto, ignored it, carrying on with what had to be done.
“It was enough… for me to fall pregnant… but…”
His expression went from surprised to happy to excited to confused to suspicious within a second. His hand shook as he ran it over his face and all the color drained from his face.
“But?”
“I found out. I found out about Jean.”
“What did you do?” he whispered.
“I killed it.”
“YOU WHAT?”
“It was too hard. I was dying inside and… I just couldn’t keep the baby. I know, I should have been responsible. I should have stayed in shape and stayed happy but… a child needs loving parents. Not anger, hate and betrayal. Not this life.”
She closed her eyes taking over from Magneto. She picked up her bag and slung it over her shoulder.
“I’ll be back one day. Seems no matter how far I run, I can never leave you.”
He growled and looked away. She smiled sadly and left the room, hoping she hadn’t hurt him too much.





This morning, you wake, a sunray hits your face
smeared makeup as we lay in the wake of destruction


Marie groaned as sunlight hit her face and cracked open an eye. Jubilee had opened the curtains and windows, getting some fresh air in the room. Seeing her friend was awake, Jubes skipped over and sat down on the edge of the bed.
“Hey, Jubes-“
“Don’t ‘hey’ me! You’ve been here for three days and you didn’t think to tell me. And the fact that-“
“Quiet Jubes.” Hissed Marie.
Jubilee smiled apologetically and handed Marie her gloves. Marie took them gratefully and pulled them on. She then reached out and rubbed away the mascara stains on Jubilee’s face.
“You partied last night?”
“I knew Scott was hiding something, so I got him drunk.”
“Who else knows?”
“Just me, Kitty, ‘Ro and the professor. And of course Scott.”
“Are you angry I called him?” asked Marie.
“Not really. More… surprised.”
“I was scared Jubes. I panicked. Everything was happening too fast. It wasn’t time. I wasn’t ready to come back. I’m still not ready.”
“You could leave?”sugessted Jubilee.
“No, I’m here already.”
“Rogue… the thing is-“
“Is he still in the same room?”
“Yeah, but-“
“Could you wait here while I go?”
“Sure. Just… be careful.”
“Don’t worry Jubes. I’ll be fine.”
Marie stood up and changed into jean and a long sleeved t-shirt before walking out of the room and down the hall to her previous room with Logan. She knocked on the door feeling a little anxious since it had been just over three months since she’d last seen Logan.

Hush baby, speak softly, tell me that you're awfully sorry
that you pushed me into the coffee table last night
so I can push you off me


Logan answered the door wearing only a pair of black silk boxers. Marie scrunched up her nose in confusion; Logan was more of a sweat pants or commando guy. His eyes widened and he carefully closed the door, but not before Marie caught a glimpse of red hair and pale skin, curled around red satin sheets. Her expression dropped and tears filled her eyes. Logan sighed and raised a hand to turn her face towards him.
“Marie-“
“Hush. You wouldn’t want to wake her.”
“I missed you.”
“You moved on.”
“Not really… I just… I had to-”
“I wanted to come back so many times. I dreamed all the different things that would happen if I came back. In every dream, you hurt me.”
“I’m so sorry.”
“I dreamt that you tried to kill me… because it was easier than having me around. Some nights I dream it’s our first night together and before you can make love to me, I push you off me.”
“Are you saying you regret us?”
“Don’t you?” she whispered.
Her gaze flittered past him to the door of his room before she looked at him. Really looked at him. His eyes didn’t have the same sparkle they used to. He looked exhausted and almost defeated.
“Sometimes we hurt people on purpose because for a moment we need to disappear.” She whispered, trailing a hand down his arm. He reached out for her but she flinched back.

Try and touch me so I can scream at you not to touch me
run out the room and I’ll follow you like a lost puppy
baby, without you, I’m nothing, I’m so lost, hug me
then tell me how ugly I am, but that you’ll always love me


“Don’t touch me!” she hissed, “not when you smell like her.”
“Marie, I need to explain-“
“Me first. Come on, there’s something you need to know.”
She turned around and headed downstairs towards one of the empty classrooms. She walked inside and sat on top of a desk. A few minutes later, he entered wearing a t-shirt and jeans. She watched as he closed the door and folded his arms. She waited a few seconds before looking down and speaking softly.
“When I left I had nowhere to go, so I asked the professor to place me into a specialist mutant clinic. It was okay for awhile but with Wolverine in my head, I trusted no-one. Eventually I got a room away from everyone else after about two weeks. So for the past few months I’ve just been by myself in a little apartment. It was lucky the clinic had apartments for mutants and staff that wanted to be left in peace but still supervised. Then, three days ago, I was shopping in town when it happened. I called Scott and he brought me here after-“
“You’ve been here for three days?”
“Yeah.”
“What made you come back? What happened that you felt the need to call Scott and not me?”
“Calling you would mean Jean would probably be there. And that bitch is not allowed near our baby.”
“What?”
Marie looked up and flinched again but Logan didn’t stop as he put his hands on her shoulders. His face was pale and his voice shook slightly as he spoke. Strangely, she couldn’t smell Jean on his clothes.
“Marie, the baby… its gone darlin’. You said yourself-“
“I lied. I needed to get away. I could feel the baby slipping away so I had to get away from you and her. I knew that you wouldn’t let me leave unless I hurt you.”
“So… that means…”
“She’s upstairs. My old room. She’s asleep so don’t wake her.”
He took a second to growl at her before running out of the classroom. Marie stood up and hurried after him, jogging to give him time to reach their daughter first. She heard Jubilee’s squeal before she saw her friend running from the room.
“Marie! He-“
“I know. It’s okay. Why don’t you get yourself some breakfast?”
Jubilee nodded numbly and walked past her. Marie took a deep breath and entered the room, closing the door behind her. Logan was on his knees in front of the tiny bassinet by the window of the room. Marie walked towards him, peering over his shoulder at their little baby.
“She’s so small.” Whispered Logan.
“She’s premature. She came a little earlier than expected. She survived because she has a healing factor. She got it from us.”
“Us?”
“I heal too Logan. Thanks to this little girl.”
“What’s her name?”
“Madeline.”
“What’s her last name?”
“Her birth certificate still needs to be done. I needed to come home first. I need you.”
Logan growled and stood up, turning around fast.

Then after that, shove me, in the aftermath of the
destructive path that we’re on, two psychopaths but we
know that no matter how many knives we put in each other’s backs
that we’ll have each other’s backs, ’cause we’re that lucky


He gripped her upper arms and shoved her onto the bed before crawling over her, using his hands to pin her down.
“Why did you do it?”
“You really want to know?” she challenged.
“This isn’t a game Marie!”
“Like you haven’t been playing games with my heart all this time?”
“Tell me! Why did you tell me she was dead?”
“I needed to go away. I truly was losing the baby because of the emotional trauma you put me through! And I needed her so I told you she was dead to ensure she born.”
“Why? Why was it so important for her to be born? What’s going on in that twisted little mind of yours?”
“That you’re mine now. You can’t leave me for Jean. You can fuck her still like always but at least this time the guilt will be more painful. At least this time it’s not just me you’re hurting. Now every time you want to fuck Jean, you’ll remember that there’s a little girl who looks up to you and needs you to be better. You weren’t able to be the better man for me, but I know you won’t hurt her. She’s a part of you.”
He stared at her for moment before sighing and placing a kiss on her shoulder.
“You’re a part of me too Marie. And if you would listen, I’d explain.”
“Explain what?”
“When the condom broke, do you remember how long I was out?”
“A week.”
“Yeah, and when I woke up remember what happened?”
“Jean kicked me out the med-lab. She told me not to visit you.”
“Yeah. See, Jean knew you were pregnant. I found that out when you told me. But I didn’t know back then. All I knew was a month after the incident, Jean walks up to me naked and tells me to have sex with her. I didn’t want to, baby. I loved you… I still do and always will. But Jeannie, she’s obsessed with me. She hated that I chose you over her. She told me that I wasn’t good enough for you. That I’m just a mindless animal that needed to fuck. I tried to refuse but suddenly she’d pinned me to the wall and told me if I didn’t fuck her, she’d kill you. And I knew she would with just a thought. I’d heard the professor tell Scott that Jean’s powers were getting stronger. I was scared Marie. I’d rather have you hate me than not have you around at all.”
Logan sighed tiredly and buried his face in her neck, carefully avoiding her skin. Marie rolled her eyes and tried to wrench her arms free.

Together, we move mountains, let’s not make mountains out of molehills,
you hit me twice, yeah, but who’s countin’?
I may have hit you three times, I’m startin’ to lose count
but together, we’ll live forever, we found the youth fountain


“That… is the biggest load of bull I’ve ever heard.” She hissed.
“I believed your story.”
“I would believe you if you weren’t so protective of her.”
“When have I ever been protective of her?”
“You told me not to call her a whore.”
“I… I thought you were referring to yourself. Magneto had taken control again, hadn’t he?”
“Well, yeah though I let him. But… what about when I attacked Jean-“
“I pulled you away before she could retaliate.”
“So when you said, ‘Don’t you dare hurt her, or else…’, you were talking to Jean?”
“Yeah. It was an empty threat which is why I wanted to run away with you. But then…”
He trailed off and sighed, rolling off her and onto his back. She curled up by his side, putting her cheek on his chest.
“You hurt me and I hurt you. Let’s just call it even.” She whispered.
“I’m leaving Jean.”
“When?”
“Now. This minute, this second. It’s just you, me and our baby.”
“I don’t think she’s gonna take it that well.”
“Actually-“
He was interrupted by a frustrated scream from down the corridor. Marie frowned and stood up, heading to the door. She opened it and saw an angry Jean shouting at the professor. Marie closed the door and smiled at Logan who was sitting on the edge of the bed.
“You told the professor?” she asked.
“Sent him a message through the brain phone. He’s kindly asked her to leave.”
“And she’s a little pissed?”
“Yeah.”
Marie giggled but stopped when she felt a prickle in her head. She closed her mind, and her eyes snapped to Madeline. Using the telepathic powers she’d one ‘borrowed’ from Jean on a mission, before the affair of course, she threw a mental shield around her baby’s mind. It was hard and blood poured from her nose. She heard Logan growl and saw from the corner of her eye as he left the room. She heard him roar and Jean’s scream before a powerful zap hit her head.

Our love is crazy, we’re nuts, but I refused counsellin’
this house is too huge, if you move out I’ll burn all two thousand
square feet of it to the ground, ain’t shit you can do about it
'cause with you I’m in my fuckin’ mind, without you, I’m out it


Marie groaned and opened her eyes. She was still in her room but on the bed. She sat up slowly and rubbed her head. Looking up her eyes met Logan’s warm hazel ones and she smiled. He was sitting in a rocking chair with Madeline in his arms. Marie looked around the room and noticed it was filled with toys, a new crib, the rocking chair, and Logan’s clothes and stuff.
“How long was I out?”
“Two days.”
“Wow. Did you rob a baby store?”
“No darlin’. This is from everyone. It’s their way for apologizing.”
“Apologizing?”
“You never told me about the pictures, or the voices or anything. You never told me that I was killing you, making you crazy.”
“Logan, our love is crazy. We’re crazy. But it’s okay. We’re together now.”
“I know. I just wish that she’d never come between us.”
“Did you kill her?”
“I wish. But no. The professor shut her down and sent her to the clinic where you were.”
“She’s not coming back, is she?”
“If she does, we’ll be long gone.”
Marie nodded and stood up, walking over to her family. She placed a kiss on Madeline’s cheek, before kissing Logan too quick for her skin to react.
“You’re mine now. Forever.” She whispered.
“What would you have done, if you weren’t pregnant?”
“I’d have burned this whole mansion down, making sure Jean was in it.”
“You’re out of your mind.”
“Only when you’re not with me.”


Chapter End Notes:
Review! Please!