Author's Chapter Notes:
Plottin' and sneakin' around will lead to a big surprise...

Thanks to serafim and tami for your reviews! I aim to keep you entertained as best I can.

Enjoy!
“Ah’ll be ready.”

Right on time, Marie opened her door as Jubilee was walking up. She was putting on her heavy coat over her sweater, jeans, and combat boots for trudging snow. They headed out to the garage and Marie climbed into Jubilee’s truck and put on her belt.

“It’s been a while since we’ve had time to go out together, I thought it might be nice to have lunch for a change.”

“Where did ya wanna ta go? Ah’m starved.”

“Worked up an appetite have you?”

“Well yes. Plannin’ the best gift ever for yer best friend can take a lot out of ya.”

“Speaking of gifts for best friends, what are you planning to give him?”

“Ah, ah, Jubes. Ah know yer working for the opposite team.”

“You got me. Never fool a telepathic Marie, right?”

“Yes, especially this one. Ah have been tryin’ to be fair and not readin’ his mind to check out mah gift.”

“Can you give me a hint?”

“Can do bettah, how would ya like to go to Disneyland as a Christmas present with Chloe?”

“Sure but, what’s the catch?”

“What ah’m about to tell ya can’t leave this truck.”

“Or?”

“You’ll have a highly-sexually-frustrated-and-angry-lahf-suckin’-Rogue-Ninja-Girl after you.”


Jubilee laughed hard, Marie smiled a little. Jubilee pulled out of the garage and out onto the road. It took almost an hour to drive through the snow to pull into Wok Burger. A place where you could get your Chinese food and a damn good burger according to Jubilee.

“Ah thought you didn’t eat this stuff?”

“Why are you complaining? It’s my treat, and I’m in the mood for a good burger.”

“Ah am plannin’ ta propose ta Logan at Disneyland and ah want all of our X-Men friends and family ta be there, ah want ya ta bring Remy if he can make it.”

“Not that, I’m against it but, shouldn’t Logan be doing the one knee thing?”

“ah’m tired of waitin’ and ah want ta give myself ta him forever for Christmas. And ah mean all of meh.”

“Wow Marie,” Jubilee was taken a little by surprise, the wind knocked out of her.

“What if he doesn’t accept?”

“Iffin he don’t then he’s the biggest idiot in this entire planet and ah get out of his lahf, ah will leave the school for good. Transfor ta Europe or ta another X-Men branch or somethin’ if ah have ta.”

“I agree; it would be the biggest mistake of his lahf. Now let’s go eat.”

“Ah have yer word on this?”

“Yes Chica, anything that I can do...”

“Ah know. Thanks.”


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:10 P.M.

Logan watched as Marie and Jubilee left in Jubilee’s black truck painted with lightening patterns on it. With Marie safely out of the way he went to her room and let himself in. Tigger was over at Jubilee’s with Chloe. While in Marie’s room, he began to spell, ‘love’ as large as he could with red roses but, then he changed his mind. He put a little humor into it by spelling, ‘L U V,’ on her bed. Then he begins to hide clues to his gift in semi-plain sight. Frank had called him back on the way to Marie’s room and the yacht would be ready for him in California when Marie and he arrived. It took Logan exactly an hour and a half to complete his mission. He called Jubilee on his cell.

“Hello?”

“Don’t say anything, it’s me. Mission accomplished. She’s free to come home now.”

“No, there is no José here. I think you have the wrong number,” Jubilee said and hung up.

“Who was that,” Marie asked as they turned the corner back onto the road towards Westview Mall.

“Wrong number.”


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
4:00 P.M.

Jubilee Le Beau finally got Marie home after a fun afternoon and she went home to her room to call Remy. She smelled roses before she even opened the door. Marie entered the room and saw, ‘L U V,’ in brighter fire-red roses across her bed. ‘Luv? This person needs a spellchecker,’ she thought to herself. She slipped off her coat, headed for her closet to slip into her flannel pajamas. She knew it had to be Logan… He and Jubilee had to be working together.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
4:30 P.M.

Logan didn’t have to wait too long for Jubilee to give her report. He opened the door and was ready to drill her for information. Jubilee walked in looking a little confused like she was about to break him some bad news. He got them both a beer.

“Well?”

“Well what? I ain’t gonna spoil this one buddy. You are on your own. I don’t want Marie after me.”

“Awww, come on. What happened? I’m dyin’ here.”

“And here I thought you had advanced healing. I told you to get Kitty if you wanted a spy. I just asked because I wanted to know what the school will be like to be in when we get back from vacation to classes.”

“What makes you think things are going to be bad?”

“I’m going to give you the best piece of advice I have ever given you and ever will. So Logan, Wolvie buddy... Don’t fuck up this time, because I swear, it’s the last one you’ll ever get with her. Please excuse the language.”

“What do you mean last one? What the fuck is goin’ on? Is Marie goin’ somewhere?”

“I can’t say. I’ve already said too much. Just do what I said, if you don’t it will be THE biggest mistake of your life and you won’t be able to fix it. EVER, NEVER, EVER… And I’ll disown ya myself.”

“Could you be a little more vague?” He tried to use the ‘eye brow’ on her and she totally ignored it.

“I should get going. I promised Remy I’d call him later tonight.”

“Right. Thanks for your help anyway.”

Logan noticed that Jubilee didn’t even touch the beer. He began to process the information, trying to read through the lines. Marie’s gift was going to be big but, then so was his. He couldn’t stand it if he lost Marie forever. ‘What was that all about anyway?’ He thought. He knew Marie could move on since she had control of her skin, look at her and the Ice Prick, and she almost took a dangerous cure for him. Whatever Marie had planned, he wasn’t going to keep his feelings from her any longer.


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
7:00 A.M.

Ororo arrived promptly at Marie’s door.

“Hey Ororo, come on in. Ah need ya to help me get this into your van.”

“You know, Hank seemed to be acting strange this morning.”

“Really?”

“I think Logan’s taking him hunting for Christmas. He was up so early.”

“Maybe, or Logan’s tryin’ ta torture him for information on mah gift.”

“I think it’s so nice of you. Little Charlie’s going to have a ball. I hope Logan does it right this time Marie,
for all our sakes.”

Little Charles ‘Charlie’ McCoy was born on Valentine’s Day five years ago to his loving parents, Mr. Hank McCoy and Mrs. Ororo McCoy. They got married a year before that. Charlie was born a pure bred mutant through Hank’s testing, they found out early. He would take after his father and be blue skinned with blue fur. When he was born, he already had a full head of white. So, he had some of his mother in him too.

“Meh too, Ororo, meh too.”

Marie and Ororo loaded up the folding boxes full of presents and headed for Ororo’s place. A full six hours away from the school. Ororo usually stayed at the school during the week and went home on the weekends because the drive was so long. With Marie helping to drive it didn’t take them as long but, they had hit bad patches of traffic, so it slowed them back down to when they were originally due to arrive. Hank stayed in Washington to continue his work and stayed at the house on the weekends as well. He had a small apartment in the city to save on fuel costs.


McCoy Residence
Washington, D.C.
1:30 P.M.

Marie helped keep little Charlie occupied in the kitchen while Ororo started reheating the pre-prepared cooking.

“Logan’s cousin, Lara is goin’ to pick ya’ll up. Then they’re goin’ to bus ya’ll ta the hotel,” said Marie as she handed Ororo the eggs from the refrigerator. “Ah’m not sure if Remy’s gonna make it come with us. At the very least he maht make it for New Year’s.

“How nice of them.”

“Once Logan an’ ah get there to California, anh’m hopin he don’t chicken out on me. Ah’m hopin’ that it will be fun gettin’ ta meet his family. It will be fun gettin’ ta know each otha if we’re goin’ ta be family. Ah just cain’t believe ah found what ah found and that she and her hubby have been so wonderful ta us.”

“It makes sense but, what if Logan doesn’t take the hint at the park?”

“Like ah told Jubilee, if he don’t get it this time ah’m gone, he can fly himself back ta New York.”

“If you do go, I’m going to miss you a lot. We all will. You know how to Instant Message?”

“Oh yeah, ah’ll keep in touch.”

“Auntie Maariee, don’t go!”

“Ah’m not goin’ anywhere yet sugah squirt, at least ah hope not.”

“Well, for all our sakes, I hope he accepts. Ya know, we should take the students with us. Make it a real big family thing. Hank knows a few people and might be able to ask a favor. Maybe we could shut down the park, just for us. That way Logan won’t have to stress over large crowds. And it will be sunny and warm, a break from the cold.”

“Ya may be on ta somethin’ ‘Ro but, how we gonna git enough planes ta bring us all?”

“Remy has a couple planes he won in a few hands of poker, I found out from Jubilee. A lot of the students that don’t have somewhere to go for Christmas could come with us.”

“Great. Ya’ll can take one of the ones from Remy, and Logan and ah can take the hired one ah got.” Marie smiled.

“Well, now that I think about it, I think it would be too expensive to shut down the park. We just might have to go with the public as is.”

“Well if we hafta, don’t worry ‘bout Logan. Ah’ll keep him relaxed and happy. It’s not that hawd to do when he’s near meh.”

“Who woulda thought the Wolverine was a giant teddy bear?”


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:45 P.M.

Logan and Hank worked on finishing Logan’s plan. Logan took over the room and began spelling out, ‘Y O U,’ on the bed. Then he put Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider in her personal refrigerator. Hank stayed watch at her door, because it was better that he stayed out of Logan’s way so that his mission could be accomplished before the party started. They still had a few more errands to run on the way to his home.

“Logan, are you sure this is going to work? What if she doesn’t come home tonight?”
Chapter End Notes:
Really hope ya'll like this. Please review if you have time. My muses are hungry for them... You wouldn't want to starve Wolverine and Rogue would ya? Thanks!