Author's Chapter Notes:
A little deception isn't bad is it?
Marie couldn’t imagine what a world would be like without Logan and vice versa. Maybe Magneto would have gotten to her sooner? Maybe people would still be dying because he succeeded in killing her on Liberty Island after making her use the machine. It got late and before she got sleepy enough to fall asleep, she decided it was time for her to go. She got up as the credits rolled. She crossed the room and put on her coat. God, she didn’t want to go but, she had plans for tomorrow.


Logan walked her to his door and opened it. She was about to cross the threshold and he stopped her by swiftly taking her lips softly into his. He deepens the kiss and God, he didn’t want to let her go but, he had plans as well.

“What was that for, sugah?” He says nothing and points upward. He knew Marie didn’t have to look, she groaned. She knew it was mistletoe he was pointing to.

“Night Logan; thanks for tonight.”

“Night Marie, your welcome,” he waved a hand up, ‘good-night’, as she entered her room, paused, turned, waved back before she closed her door.


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
9:00 A.M.

Marie was up before dawn, a workout tape in the machine she started her day. She worked out for a good hour then hit the shower. She took a long hot shower, got lost in a daydream of her and Logan sharing a shower. Later, she dressed in jeans and a white shirt, sans bra and underwear. She made sure she figured out the right time zones and dialed her soon to be lover’s cousin, several times removed’s phone number. Marie had somehow managed to find who Logan’s mother’s family was. She really liked Lara Wyle from their conversations on the phone so far. Logan was shocked that she was able to do such things without his knowledge and what information he shared with her had been limited. Logan also talked with them, just not as often as Marie did.

They live in California, her and her husband, Frank, and they both were mutant friendly because Lara could actually talk to cetaceans, chiefly marine mammals, including dolphins and whales. She worked for Sea World in San Diego. Frank had an internet business that allowed him lots of free time, money for travel, and a gorgeous house near by the ocean on some cliffs but, not so close that the house could be destroyed by a landslide. They hadn’t gotten around to any other family that Logan had that was still alive. Marie had only just found her on the 17th of December after three years of extensive genealogy study, of course without Logan’s knowledge, and all with memories she’d absorbed from him.

“Wyle residence,” answered a male voice.

“Hello, is this Frank?”

“Yes, can I help you?”

“Yeah, ya can. This is Marie Caldicott from New York, ah was wonderin’ if Lara was available.”

“Oh hello Marie, yeah she’s right here. Hold on,” Frank said and passed the phone to Lara.

“Good morning, Marie, how are you? Is everything ok?”

“Everything’s good. Ah was wonderin’ if ya’ll could help meh with somethin’?”

“Does it involve my long lost cousin?”

“Of course.”

“Then I am at your disposal. What do you need?”

“Well, ya see Mrs. Wyle, ah’m plannin’ on seducin’ your cousin for Christmas. Ah have waited long enough for that tall, hairy, drinka water Logan of yers ta get his butt in gear, so this southern, born and bred Marie is takin’ matters into her own hands.” Marie heard laughter on the other end of the line.

“It’s about time, I guess after the story you told me when we first talked.”

“Ah’m just tired of waitin’, and ah want babies with him, mah clock is tickin’, ya know what ah mean? So, ah’m plannin’ ta give him mahself for Christmas.”

“What exactly do you need from me?”

“Ah’m plannin’ a trip out there with some friends who are lahk family ta meh. We’re goin’ ta Disneyland. Ah was wonderin’ if ya’ll could pick ‘em up and bus ‘em to the hotel? Because ah have ta stay here in secret before ah bring Logan out there. He doesn’t know ah’m still goin’ ta be in town and that he’s goin’ ta Disneyland too.”

“Sure Marie, I’d love to. Then we could have dinner here at our home when you get here and I can meet my lost cousin.”

“Logan and ah will be comin’ the same day after they arrive.”

“Great. It will be a wonderful visit I think. It will be good to see him.”

“Thanks, Lara.”

“Call me if you need anything else.”

“Ok, see ya’ll soon.”

“Bye Marie.”


Marie hung up and called Ororo.

“Hey ‘Ro. It’s Marie.”

“Hi Marie, what can I do for you?”

“Ah just wanna let ya know, plan B is in effect.”

“Oh good. I got off the phone with our travel agent and our part is set.”

“Great, ah will call mah agent and get the resta plan C ready.”

“Ok. I’ll see you bright and early on Thursday then.”

“Right. Bye, Ororo.”

Marie hung up and finished putting her gifts in a carry box for the party. She then called her travel agent Kaye, and officially changed the Professor’s gift, and ordered more tickets.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
9:00 A.M.

Secretly, Logan had been in contact with Frank, tried to call him but, the line was busy. Instead he got dressed and headed to the kitchen to make coffee. After his first cup, he tried calling his cousin’s husband again. It started to ring and then the connection picked up.

“Hey Lara, it’s Logan.”

“Good morning, Logan. What can I do for you?”

“I was trying again because the phone was busy.”

“Oh. Sorry. I was on the phone earlier and forgot to hang up the receiver.”

“Is Frank available?”

“Yeah, he just went out to the patio. Hold on, I’ll get him.”


Lara Wyle walked out to the patio with the phone. Something was up and she just knew it.

“Frank darling, it’s Logan for you.”

“Really? I’ll be right there.”

“Yes Logan, what can I get you?”

She didn’t stay to snoop in on the conversation. This was going to be the first year she finally was able to have living family around her. Her mother had died a year ago and she had felt so alone even with Frank. Frank and Lara were older and in their late 50’s and early 60’s. They had children but, they had been tragically killed in a school bus accident. She never really had any desire to find more family because she still had her mother. Now that her mother had been gone a year, it had been a total shock when Anna Marie Caldicott called from Westchester, New York, to say that she had a cousin that Marie thought she should meet. Then Marie had filled her in on the whole sordid story and it read like a fascinating novel. The more she heard the more she wanted to meet Logan and Marie.


“Do you know anyone with a yacht?”

“Why?”

“I want to rent one and take Marie to Maui.”

“I’ll see what I can do. I’ll get back to you.”

“Thanks, I’d really appreciate it.”


Lara walked back to the patio as Frank hung up.

“Well?”

“He wants a yacht to take Marie to Maui.”

“I knew it! Mark my words Frank Wyle, Marie and Logan will be married by next year.”

“What makes you say that?”

“A woman’s intuition and a hopeless romantic’s know-how.”


Westview Mall
Westchester, NY.
12:00 P.M.

“Hank, glad you could make it. Did you get what I needed?”

“Right here, Logan.”

“Hank… This is… This is above and beyond…”

“Sorry, Logan. If you cannot accept it, then do, for Marie.”

“It’s not that. I just… Well never mind. Thanks from both of us. All I have to do now is get Marie to stay out of her room for a while.”

“Want me to call Ororo?”

“No, she’d suspect something’s up. Nah, I’ll get Jubilee to do something with her.”

“I should get to the store. I only needed to get her Kenyan coffee.”

“See you around Hank and thanks again.”


Logan, on his way back to his car calls up Jubilee.

“Yellow, how would you like to help pull off the best Christmas gift ever?”

“Is it for Marie?”

“Yeah. Have you gotten anything for Remy yet?”

“No, not exactly. What did you have in mind?”

“Take Marie shopping with you, my treat.”

“For what? Is this a trick question? All though the idea has merit.”

“No, nothing like that, and if you spend too much, I’ll gut you from here to the Mariana Trench.”

“I’m not taking her perfume shopping because of your sensitive schnozzle. What are you getting her?”

“I know. Call and take her to lunch. A trip to Maui, if I can borrow a yacht. Play spy for me would you and find out what she’s getting for me.”

“If you want a spy, call Kitty. Don’t worry. How long do you need?”

“Just an hour or two, would be perfect. Thanks pal.”

“I’ll see what I can do.”


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:00 P.M.

“Hello, Marie?”

“Jubilee, to what do ah owe the pleasuh?”

“Are you free for lunch?”

“Sure. Give meh a minute ta change.”

“I’ll pick you up in ten minutes,” Jubilee said as she caught sight of Chloe and had her read the note she was going to leave for her that she was going to be out with Auntie Rogue for a while.
Chapter End Notes:
More to come... Hope you like this story so far.