Author's Chapter Notes:
Just in time for the weekend, here's another chapter while I finish the next two.

In honor of Oprah's 25th, I'm gonna stop this one with 25 chapters and go on to the sequel.

I hope ya like it...
Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
7:00 A.M.

Logan finally got up out of bed and turned up the thermostat as best he could before putting on just sweat pants, sans shirt. He had to keep Marie’s Toys warm or Major P. Shrinkage would come to visit. He reached for what he thought was his silver iPod off of his night stand and put the ear buds on. He turned it on and found it was Marie’s, decided to tune into what his girl was listening to. He scrolled through her playlists and found one entitled, Hotness Training. The eyebrow went up in curious surprise as he hit play. The rocking sound of ZZ Top’s, La Grange began to play. The eyebrow stayed up at his hairline and a wicked smile from Wolverine appeared on his face. He began to exercise to warm up his slightly cold joints, doing sit-ups and push-ups as if they were the norm for the day. He finished his little workout to keep him looking great. Then he hit the bathroom to shower to wash the layer of perspiration on is body. A fresh set of warm clothes and he put Marie’s iPod back on to hear Aerosmith sing, What Kind Of Love Are You On. Logan decided he was going to copy Marie’s iPod playlists to his computer and download them into his. His mind turned to thinking up places to take his lunch guests as he made his bed. Then he flopped down on it with his laptop. He went on the net, looked up restaurants, and uploaded Marie’s iPod playlists to his computer. Then he fired off a couple emails to Charles and Hank.

To: mindclass at XavierSchool.net
From: theotherartteacher at XavierSchool.net
Re: WTF…

Chuck, what exactly did you make Marie, Jubilee, Kitty, Ororo, and Chloe promise not to tell me?!?!?!?!?!? I know about the movie… And apparently so does the world!!! Wolverine.

To: labratambassador at XavierSchool.net
From: theotherartteacher at XavierSchool.net
Re: Proposal Plans…

I need ya to call in some favors for me. I wanna propose to Marie where I took her for our first date. Yes, I know there won’t be roses, it will be cold, and covered in snow. Can you make it happen? Thanks… L.


He sat on his bed and was reminded of the strawberries he bought. They would have to be used up tonight before they started to turn bad. Logan started to form a plan for a romantic evening in Marie’s room as he went down to the garage to unload Marie’s car.


Marie’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
8:00 A.M.

“Come on Chloe, don’t use all tha hot water. Ah’ve got someone out heah ah’d lahk ya ta see.”

“But I already know Logan,” Chloe said as she opened the door to a Cub Condo Hugger from Build-A-Bear Workshop that Logan had dropped by while she was in the shower.

Chloe carefully pulled out an elephant dressed in a pastel yellow sundress with little pink and white flowers, and red sunglasses.

“Oh! What’s its name?”

“Well look at tha birth certificate silly.”

“This is Chloe Le Beau. Born December, twenty seventh, two thousand and nine. Made by Anna Marie Caldicott for her goddaughter Chloe Le Beau. Oh Aunt Marie, I love her!”

“Ah got her because ah don’t want ya ta ferget meh while you’re down south with yer daddy. An elephants don’t ferget. She has a special wish in her heart just fer you.”

“What does it say?”

“Ah, ah, it cain’t come true if ah tell ya.”


Marie gave Jubilee a lavender bath set; her favorite scent. Chloe ran off in the towel she borrowed from Marie’s room with the elephant that had her name. She quickly got dressed and left her new friend on her bed. She grabbed a Cub Condo Huggers, the one with the M on it and ran back to Marie’s room.

“Here, this is for you,” Chloe handed Marie the box.

Marie opened the box and pulled out a floppy pony like the one she made. It was wearing a cute pair of cut-off denim shorts, a red tie up top. It looked like Chloe dressed it up like Daisy Duke.

“She’s dressed like I dress in the summer sometimes. Her name is…”

“Don’t tell meh,” Marie said as she pulled out the birth certificate, “Wyldfiah. Ah lahk it. She’s adorable.”

“Hold on, let me get my camera,” said Mrs. Jubilee Le Beau.

Marie rushed into her bathroom, fixed up her hair, and added make-up for the picture. Chloe went back to her room to grab her elephant. They all gathered back in the bedroom. Marie and Chloe sat down on her bed with their animals in their laps.

“Ok you two, get your sillies out, and on three I’ll shoot.” Chloe moved a pastel lemon yellow blonde hair that fell out in between her eyes, and Marie fluffed her own hair.

“One, two, three, and click,” said Jubilee as she took the shot, “Let me take one more, chicas. It’s the last shot on the chip. We could put it in and have them done before we have to take off.”

“Good ahdea and ah want copies,” Marie said as she smoothed the hair on her pony.

“Ok, now put your sillies back in. This is a crazy shot.” Chloe messed up her hair; she and Marie do a half-hearted Charlie’s Angels pose. “Now hold. One, two, three… Click.”

At the last second before Jubilee took the picture, both Marie and Chloe turned their heads and stuck their tongues out at the camera. After the shot, all three were laughing so hard. Marie’s sides hurt.

“This is also fer you,” Marie said, handed Chloe a specially put together bath set almost like the one she gave to her mother.

“Oh cool Marie.”

“It’s got lotsa bath oils in cool shapes ah thought ya would lahk. Each of them has a different scent.”

“This is so rad Marie. Thanks!” Chloe jumped up and into Marie’s arms for a big hug.

“We better go get packed,” said Jubilee. “But first I’ll go reheat Chloe’s breakfast and we can go over your wedding plans chica.”

Marie took over her bathroom again and slipped into her shower, thankful that the pipes seemed to be still working the hot water through. Chloe took her shower in Marie’s room because she didn’t like having to share her shower with the other students and Marie said she could borrow her shower whenever she wanted. Marie dressed in layers because it was going to be cold out and straightened up her messy bed cover, while Chloe was downstairs practically inhaling her breakfast.


Dining Room
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
10:30 A.M.

Marie, Chloe, and Jubilee were all sitting around the Instructor’s Table, brainstorming plans of what Marie’s dream wedding should be like, when her cell phone rang.

“Hey baby, it’s me. I’m on the way back to the school. I decided go on a morning ride on Scott’s bike. See you in a half hour.”

“Be careful Logan, see ya soon, love ya, sugah.”

“Love you too, ninja girl.”

“Logan’s on his way,” Marie said worried. Even though he could heal, she hated it when he went out on Scott’s bike in the snow.

“Let’s go make ourselves up,” Jubilee said as she stood from the Instructor’s Table. She packed up everything in a notebook binder marked, Roguey and Wolvie.

Marie started her inner clock to count down the minutes it would take Logan to get back to her arms. When the half hour was up, Marie began to pace in the Rec Room, hoping her baby hadn’t gotten in an accident. Worse yet, that he’d been in an accident and recaptured. She started her inner clock again to start counting the minutes he was late. She knows that even though he is going to be late she would forgive him just about anything. She looked over, saw that Chloe popped in Cinderella in the DVD player, and sat to watch it with her mother while she paced.

“Marie, I’m sure Wolvie’s fine. He probably got stuck in traffic. He’ll be here.”

“Ah know, ah guess ya could say mah stomach is what’s makin’ me pace,” Marie said as she sat down on the corner of the couch next to Jubilee and Jubilee held her hand.


Suddenly, a deep couple of thuds hit on the front door, and instantly Marie ran to put her hand on the cold metal knob. She stopped a moment to breath and then she opened the door to Nannook of the North. Logan was so bundled up in his parka; Marie could barely make him out.

“Hi darlin’, can I come in?”

“Logan?” Marie asked a little dumbstruck. She wasn’t used to him being all decked out in winter gear.

“Yeah sure, Logan.” Came from Jubilee. “But ya know you don’t have to ask Wolvie. You live here.”

“Yeah, but it’s so friggin’ cold out there, I forgot my keys here to open the door.” Absently, Marie shut the door and finally snapped out of it.

‘He was here, he was okay, breathe, Marie.’ She thought.

“What took you so long? Marie’s been pacing,” proudly stated Chloe.

“Chloe!” Marie yelled.

“Sorry darlin’. I got stuck behind a snow plow. Anyway, are you ladies ready to go? By the time we get to where we’re headed it will be about noon, lotsa snow pack out there.”

“We’re starved,” Chloe said.

“Ah second that motion,” said Marie.

“I’ll help carry luggage if you all want to climb into the Suburban. We can blast the heater on all the way there.”

“Ok, we’ll take the keys and get in,” said Mrs. Le Beau.

“Meet you there,” said Logan.


Logan turned to Marie and quickly backed her against the staircase wall. He took off his thickly insulated gloves off and took her face in his hands before he deeply, passionately kissed her. Both could barely breathe when he let her go.

“What was that for, sugah?”

“I missed you this morning when I found your side of the bed cold and it’s a promise of things to come tonight.”

“Maybe we should let Hank and ‘Ro take Jubes and Chloe ta tha airport? Ah wanna get meh moah that kiss raht now.”

“Patience, darlin’.”

He kissed her between her eyebrows and then turned to pick up their lunch companion’s luggage. It was going to take at least three trips to load the SUV. He didn’t realize the weight was going to be so heavy.

“What the hell’s Yellow got in here, books?”

Logan went out and dropped off the first batch. When he got back, Marie pinned him against the same spot and kissed his warm, soft lips. She gently bit his lip before she let him go and Logan could feel the Wolverine growl his approval.

“I thought you said you were starving? If you keep that up, I just might forget about lunch all together.”

“Ah am but, not entirely for food. Ah missed you this mornin’ too.”

“We better get goin’ before they send out a search party.”


Soon Logan got in behind the wheel and quickly turned on the heater. Marie helped Jubilee and Chloe get settled in the back seat. Then Marie hopped into the passenger seat and Logan got the show on the road.

“So where are you taking us Mr. Logan,” Chloe queried.

“How about I surprise ya kiddo?”

“Well, since ya wanna be that way, we wanna stop and drop off this camera chip. We can pick up the pictures and chip on the way back after lunch,” said Jubilee she handed Marie the small two gigabyte chip.

“We can do that,” Logan said as he turned left out of the school gate.

A while later, they stopped, Marie went to drop off the chip at a developer, and they all went on to lunch in the city.


Hard Rock Café-New York
1501 Broadway
New York, NY.
12:00 P.M.

“We’re here. Wow Logan, I’ve never been here before. This is cool,” Chloe said as she climbed out of the front seat of Logan’s camper truck.

“Ah’m impressed, sugah. Ah thought ya wouldn’t come ta one of these because they serve mah kindah food.”

“As long as they got somethin’ that was formerly a cow, it’s my kindah place.”

“I’ve never been to one a-these either, come to think of it Wolvie,” said Mrs. Jubilee Le Beau.

The waitress found them a small booth. Jubilee sat on the right end and Chloe slid in from the left. Then Marie sat next to Chloe and Logan was on the left end of the half circle. They all looked at menus and before he looked at his menu, Logan happened to look up to see Marie’s tongue dart out, moisten her lower lip, and disappear. Then she sent her tongue out again, this time to her upper lip. Never once did she look at him. The acts immediately sent blood to the region containing Marie’s Toys. He gritted his teeth and focused his attention on the choices of dead cow.

The Jumbo Combo the ladies ordered had handmade onion rings, hickory-smoked chicken wings, potato skins, Santa Fe spring rolls, and Tupelo chicken tenders, and served with four different sauces for mixing and matching. After they ordered the combo and a couple sides of twisted mac and cheese, Logan headed straight for the meat. He ordered a couple orders of hickory-smoked bar-b-que ribs. He was going to be getting two full racks of West Tennessee style ribs, rubbed, basted with their authentic hickory bar-b-que sauce, and cooked to perfection. The meat was just going to fall off the bone, served with double orders of seasoned fries, ranch beans, and fresh coleslaw. Not to mention the two side orders of garlic toast. The animal was hungry… The poor man had to find a place to put it all.

Logan didn’t bother with Marie with the fact that she was eating fattening food because he’d look like a hypocrite across the table with his ribs. Besides, he knew they’d be working off some of those fattening calories later… As for Jubilee and Chloe… Maybe he could talk Ororo into finding a way to find a pregnancy exercise instructor to get her in shape for the birth? He’d make sure Chloe ran little errands for him to burn off the calories she was eating. Something fun to keep her interested and maybe a present was in it for her as well. If she was anything like Jubilee, he’d have to keep Chloe well supplied with gifts to keep her quiet.


“I see you have her trained Marie,” said Logan as he smirked at Marie, using the eyebrow.

“Why a-course, she’s mah goddaughtah and ah wanna teach her tha finer points of enjoying different kindah foods. Ah mean, come on Logan. It’s not lahk she gets them at home all tha tahm.”

“Yeah and besides. I made the cross country team for spring, so a girl’s gotta eat to get energy,” said Chloe.

“Chloe! Ya didn’t tell meh that, congrats, sugah,” he looked over to see Marie giving Chloe a half hug since she was right next to her on the padded booth seat.

“Congratulations, Chloe,” said Logan.

“Good, now I can stop holding that secret, now that the cat’s out of the bag. She made me pinkie-swear not to tell you, chica,” said Jubilee.
Chapter End Notes:
Did you like how the stuff hit the fan?

Any guesses as to where Logan and Marie's first date was?

Thank you for your reviews!