Author's Chapter Notes:
WARNING: No Drinks near Computer Stuff!!!

I hope you like where this is headed.
The Wyle Home
San Diego, CA.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
7:30 P.M.

After finally getting to see Logan and Marie in person, on the way home from seeing the plane off, Lara Wyle began to contemplate finally letting the truth out about who she really was. She needed to go to Montana and reconcile with her past. Frank walked her into the house and before he shut the door, she’d made her decision.

“Honey, I need to go away for a few days. Is that alright with you?”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Is something wrong? You didn’t say much on the way home.”

“I’ve come to an important decision and I need time alone to think about how I’m going to get through it.”

“Lara, you’re starting to scare me. What have you decided?”

“I have decided that it’s time to stop hiding behind the make-up and age enhancements,” she took a slow deep breath and exhaled before going on. “I have decided that it’s time Logan knew the truth about his family.”


Frank sat down on a chair in the dining room. He knew this was a big decision for his wife. He’d known about Lara covering up with prosthetics and make-up to hide her true age. He didn’t understand it but, he allowed her what she wanted because it made her happy. He didn’t mind getting older while she still looked in her early 60’s. They had shared many happy years together and he hoped they would spend many more. Now, he didn’t know how he was going to deal with a wife that looked like she was in her early 30’s without all the enhancements. What would their friends think? Maybe that he was having an affair? Would they recognize Lara without the extras? Was he ready for her to change? Yes. The answer was always yes.

“Are you going to need the jet?”

“I suppose so. I will make the arrangements later.”


“What about New Year’s? I will be back in time to go out if you’d like,” she smiled sweetly at her husband.

She couldn’t believe how she deserved such a wonderful man. He was husband number five but he’d never know that. When they met, she was just a divorced widow and that’s all she’d shared. Frank wasn’t the type to ask too many personal questions. He had been unbelievably kind to her when she had to tell him about her mutations and the fact that she was never going to age. He’d told her that as long as she loved him, having a few unique mutations didn’t matter to him. That he didn’t care if she grew a mermaid tail, he was going to love her for the rest of his days. She married him within that same week as her confession to him.

“Maybe, depends on the weather when you return. I don’t want to wander far if Logan happens to pop the question.”

“True. You think he might do it right away or wait until Valentine’s Day next year?”

“I don’t know. I saw something in his eye, so maybe he might do it soon.”

“I couldn’t think of a better thing to do on a New Year’s Eve, if I were them.”

“Yeah, I’ve got to let Lionel know we’re going to need to borrow his boat again later, once we know when the wedding date is, and we can plan accordingly.”
“I wonder what kind of theme they’re going to have for the wedding. I didn’t get the chance to ask Marie about her plans. I’m sure she’s been planning her wedding since she was a little girl.”

“What little girl hasn’t ever planned their wedding since they were young?”

“Would you like some coffee?” Lara said, changing the subject.

“Love some, decaf if you have it.”

Lara went through the swinging shutter-like doors into the kitchen and began making coffee. She’d plan what to wear for a cold winter in Montana. Somewhere just outside the Kootenai National Forest but before Tooley Lake, Montana, Lara had a home. Kind of like a sanctuary in the middle of nowhere, where she once had a garden and pretty much kept to herself until she met husband number two. When he died, she left Montana for a good long time, her past left behind in the snow.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
6:00 A.M.

Marie got up and slid out of Logan’s bed. She found her shoes and grabbed Logan’s flannel shirt to cover her assets before going to her room. When she went inside, she noticed that the rose petals were gone. She wondered how Logan cleaned up when he was with her most of all the time they were gone. She changed into a clean pair of jeans, a white bra and panty set, and a cream colored t-shirt, under Logan’s red flannel shirt. Then she headed to the kitchen to start the school’s coffee machine and Logan’s but, she found Jubilee had beaten her to it.

“Good morning, chica.”

“Mornin’ Jubes,” she said in a suddenly cheerful voice.

“So, what time did your fiancé finally get you get to sleep last night?”

“Uh, a little aftah three ah think. Mah coach was well inta the pumpkin stage.”

“Did you know Chloe was up late before you got home?”

“Naw, what was she up to?”

“On a top secret mission for Mr. Logan and Ms. Rogue.”

“Really? What kindah mission?”

“Somehow she had a key to get into your room and she started cleaning up the rose petals all around your room and bathroom. Then everything went into a black trash bag and she put it inside Logan’s truck before I caught her in the garage getting rid of the evidence.”

“What kindah stuff was it?”

“From what I could spy, there were the rose petals, boats, coconuts, leis, and grass skirts.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, chica, that stinker Logan went and planned to take you somewhere tropical for Christmas. I ran into Hank on his way down to the Med Lab and I pried a little info out of him since I knew Logan and he were sure buddy-buddy the few days before Ororo’s party.”


Marie felt like such a heel for not checking with Logan before making her plans for Christmas. Now he was probably out a couple thousand dollars for flights they weren’t going to be going on.

“Oh Jubes, ah’ve gotta make it up ta him. Ah didn’t even think ta ask if he’d made plans before ah made mahn.”

“I don’t think he’s too upset about it, Roguey. I wouldn’t worry about it.”

Maybe so but, she was going to try and make it up to him somehow…

“Hey could you and Wolvie take us to the airport this evening?”

“Yeah, sure, why?”

“Remy wants us to go and spend New Year’s with him in Naw’lins, as he calls it.”

“Oh sure Jubes, be glad to, but shouldn’t Remy hire a car and drive ya’ll?”

“He left early this morning to take care of some business. He’s meeting us at the airport where we took the plane to California.”

“Right, yeah, ah’ll let Logan know when he gets up.”

“I trust there weren’t many good nights being said when you got home then?”

Marie blushed, poured herself a cup of coffee, and leaned against the kitchen counter.

“Oh all right, chica. You’re off the hook for now. I’ve got to get Princess Chloe up soon. I’ve got some things to give you both and you’re definitely going to have to help her repack.”

“Just how big are tha gifts?”

“You’ll see.”

“Logan told meh somethin’ while we were in Cali. He said that you were, um, you know,” Marie made the hand gesture of a pregnant belly on her stomach.

“Really?”

“Yeah, he said he smelled it, and you weren’t drinkin’ with us during the toasting. He said you drank somethin’ else.”

“He’s right, chica.”

“Seriously?” Jubilee nodded and Marie felt like she could bust. “Oh Jubes, how wonderful!”

“We stopped at a twenty-four hour pharmacy on the way home to get a pregnancy test. I took it, before Remy left this morning. He knows already. We haven’t told Chloe yet.”

“Yer secret is safe with meh.”


The phone on the wall rang and Marie scrambled to get it in time. She didn’t make it because Chloe sailed right in to the kitchen and grabbed it first. She went back to sipping her coffee.

“Aunt Maybelle’s whore house, you poke it, you bought it. How can I help you?”
“What the…” Logan wanted to swear…

“Hello?”

“Mornin’, kiddo,” Logan said in Chloe’s ear.

“Morning, Mr. Logan.”

“Is Ms. Rogue with you?”

“Um, yeah.”

“Princess, could you please pass the phone to her for me?”

“Nope, I’m getting my breakfast,” she teased

“I promise I’ll make it worth your while.”

“Hmm, all right. Take me to see the sequel to the movie they made about your life, ‘cause I know they’re gonna make one, on opening day in New York City.”


Marie looked at Jubilee in fear. The cat was out of the bag…

“Chloe!” Jubilee yelled at her daughter.


“What?!?” She answered back and got hard stares from her mother and her godmother.

“Okay, hey wait, they made a movie about my life?”

“Yeah, didn’t you know? It’s been huge! All over the world,” Chloe continued.


‘Shit, shit, shit, and shine-ola,’ Marie thought as she heard Chloe go on with Logan on the phone.


“No, I didn’t. Well, do we have a deal?”

“I can get snacks too?”

“Yeah, kid.”

“You promise to take me?” She asked knowing that she’d make him take her to the midnight showing when the movie came out.

“Yeah, kiddo. I promise.”

“Then, it’s a deal. Hey, Queen Roguey, it’s King Logan,” Chloe teased as she handed the phone off.


Logan heard rustling of slippers on tile in the kitchen. A ‘you’re grounded,’ and ‘we promised the Professor,’ came next. So, Jubilee, Chloe, Marie, and Charles knew about this movie about his life… He immediately knew that Kitty and Ororo had to have known about it as well. Just what had they promised Charles? He needed to see him anyway to go over the visions he’d had at Disneyland, now he had ammo to fire questions at him about this mystery movie. Logan thought about what Chloe had said… Huge, all over the world. Maybe he needed to get a copy of this movie about his life? What if it was all true? Then who supplied the information on his past? What if it was just made up? Still, there were probably some bits of truth to the plotline or they wouldn’t have made a movie about him. Obviously Marie, Jubilee, and Chloe had seen it. Who else had seen it? Who was playing him in the movie? He had no clue but, he’d find out. He barely recalled that earlier that year, back in May, Marie, Jubilee, Ororo, Kitty, and Chloe had gone out on a ladies’ night out to the movies. They said they had gone to see a movie with that dancing and singing Hugh guy but, they didn’t say what movie it was. He needed to see if it might trigger the same events like the visions he had at Disneyland, maybe then he could move on with his life…


What he didn’t know, was that the ladies went right in to see Charles later that morning when they got up from their naps. They had waltzed in on cloud nine about four in the morning so they needed to sleep first. At that meeting, they had let Charles read some things from their minds about what they had seen, and then they made a pact with him not to mention the movie or what it contained to Logan because it might be too upsetting to him to view it alone. It killed them all not to say a word but, they all found a way to keep busy and forgot it. It had been totally forgotten until Chloe went and spilled the beans. Marie was really going to have to watch over Logan to make sure he wasn’t alone and most of all not watching that movie. If the episodes he had at Disneyland were any clue to what he was going to be like once he got to see the movie, they were all in for a rough ride.

“Mornin,’ sugah. What can ah get ya?”

“Mornin’ darlin’, my defrosted snow queen. I would like two eggs over easy and a side helping of you, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup,” Logan teased.

Marie instantly turned sixteen shades of red. Then she turned her back to Jubilee and Chloe.

“Ah cain’t get ya that raht now. Is there anythin’ else?”

“How about ya tell me when you and the peanut gallery are ready to eat this afternoon? I’ll spring for lunch.”

“Mmm. Sounds good. Their flight’s this evening, so think ya can fahnd a place ta eat bah noon. We can leave early fer tha snow.”

“I’d like to come for ya now but, I’m still in my warm bed missing you and I don’t need that kindah mess.”

“Red light Logan,” she said, could hear Logan groaning.

“What’s this about a flight?”

“Jubes and Chloe need a lift to tha airport. They’re flyin’ with Remy ta spend New Year’s in Naw’lins. Ah told her we could.”

“Yeah, sure baby. See you later.”


Marie hung up and turned on Chloe.

“Chloe, ah’m so mad at ya, ah could scream. Logan wasn’t supposed ta know ‘bout that movie we saw.”

“I forgot. I’m sorry.” Marie softened a little when she remembered that Chloe had memory problems.

“What did Logan want,” asked Jubilee.

“He’s takin’ us out fer lunch ‘bout noon or so, so that gives us enough tahm ta pack and repack.”

“Oh cool! Last one to… MybedroomisarottenAunt,” Chloe challenged, ran off to her bedroom.

“You gonna chase her, chica?”

“No way, ah’m gonna start breakfast,” she smiled and Jubilee heartily laughed.
Chapter End Notes:
So did you like the twist? I hope you'll stay interested and keep going with me. It's gonna be a wild ride...

Thanks in advance for your reviews!