Author's Chapter Notes:
The mission and the flight home...

Hope ya like it! Let me know below, thanks!
“In, what is it?”

“Could you make sure that Ms. Rogue’s bed is cleaned off, and every boat, coconut, lei, and grass skirt is put into a big trash bag? Then I want you to hide that bag in my truck in the garage.”

“Okay, why?”

“No questions. If you complete the mission, there’s a bottle of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider and $100 in it for ya,” Logan whispered in her ear.

“I accept the mission and you can count on me, Mr. Logan.”

“I knew I could squirt and don’t tell Ms. Rogue anything. This is top secret. Call this number and ring once when you’re done.”

“Okay. My lips are sealed.”

They shook hands on it and Logan left.


“So what were ya doin’ ta corrupt mah goddaughtah,” Marie asked when he got back to his seat.

“Nothin’, I just made her an offer she couldn’t refuse.”

“What kindah offer?”

“Can’t say. She said to tell ya, it’s classified.”

“Ya cain’t do that ta meh. Ya know, ah’ll fahnd out.”

“You can try but, if she blabs, she don’t get the prize.”

“Ah was talkin’ ‘bout you.”

“You can try your best Marie but this Wolverine ain’t talkin’.”

“Ya know, some Rogues eat Wolverines for dessert,” Marie said as she began to rub his groin with her palm.

“Red light. Marie. Oh damn.”


San Diego International Airport
San Diego, CA.
7:00 P.M.

The bus pulled up to the 747 four hours late. The troops unloaded the bus and get on the plane. Logan said good-bye to his cousin and her husband, with a promise to call as soon as he has had a decent nap at home. Marie gave them a hug, big thanks, and a promise to call when they were coming back into town. Even though they had shared a meal at Disneyland, Lara made Marie promise to call when they had time to visit so that they could have a more in-depth visit and dinner together. There just wasn’t enough time to do it this trip. The flight crew put a partition up between sections of the plane, it was usually open air throughout but, this was Remy’s personal party plane. So, all the adult parts of the plane were covered up. Up in the front, he had first class leather seating. In the middle, there were all kinds of casino tables, gaming stations, bars, and bedrooms in the rear of the plane. Everyone sat in the front of the plane until they were in the air.

Logan was a little agitated and Marie she can sense it. Her inner Logan was reminding her that he hated flying anywhere.

“Just hang in there sugah, we’ll be home soon,” Marie whispered in his ear, Logan looked down at her.


‘How does she know what I’m thinkin’?’ Logan thought, contemplating another facet of his fiancée.

‘Because ah can read yer mahnd,’ Marie answered.

Logan looked at her with the curious eyebrow up, ‘And just how did that happen?’

‘The Professah an ah were workin’ on mah control and it slipped, just a little. Ah only open up ta receive ya when ya’re troubled or if yer projectin.’

‘I see. So what am I thinkin’ now?’

“Ah don’t need ta read yer mahnd ta know what yer thinkin’ raht now, Logan,” Marie said aloud.



Soon they leveled off and one of the crew made the broadcast that in the back they had cots set up for anyone that wanted to sleep. One by one, Marie watched as the kids went into the back and grabbed their spots. Then Marie thought about putting her head on Logan’s lap to catch some sleep herself until she got an idea. She stood and turned to face Logan.

“Not you too, Marie,” Logan said, frustration in his voice.

“It’s gonna be late when we git back. We’ve had a long day. You should tra sleepin’ too.”

“But you promised me later.”

“Ah was just waitin’ for them ta leave so ah could fall asleep on you,” Marie said. “Now come on Wolvie, lay down.”

Logan did as ordered, sprawling out on the cream colored, leather covered couch. It was over stuffed so it was very comfortable, stuffed just right. Marie tossed a leg up over his shins, climbed on top of him, before she sprawled alongside him on his right side. She snuggled in like a puppy digging in a couch, and made herself comfortable. She rested her head on his shoulder.

“Lahk this bettah?”

“Oh yeah. I like this idea,” replied Logan.

“Sleep sweet, sugah.”

“You too, darlin’.”


Westchester County Airport
Westchester, NY.
Sunday, December 27, 2009
12:00 A.M.

The plane was about to land and the Professor woke Marie gently in her mind before waking the others. She woke up and then she kissed Logan awake before moving to get up. Soon all the sleepy students filed back to their seats.

“Did you two rest? You’re in the same spot we left you in,” asked Jubilee as she came from one of the bedrooms she’d been in with Remy.

“Yes, very well thanks,” said Marie.

“Are we all going to be alright to drive home,” asked Hank.

“I think we are,” answered Peter, who would be glad to get rid of Kurt for once. His sulfur smell that he left behind every time he bamfed was getting on everyone’s nerves, not to mention his gas problem.


Shortly after, the plane landed, and taxied to the gate where they all had started their adventure to California. Kurt volunteered to bamf the luggage two at a time because some of the children were too tired and cranky when they were woken up. Logan and Marie had to figure and refigure how to get everything they bought home safely. Charles and Moira were the first to leave, taking a small group of kids with them. Jubilee, Remy, and Chloe took another small group, and the rest were destined to ride with Bobby and Kitty back to the school. Peter took off like Mario Andretti with Kurt in his car hanging on for dear life; oddly enjoying every minute. The faster Peter got Kurt back to the school; he’d be able to breathe again...

As soon as Chloe got home, she took the keys Logan gave her, and went about her mission for Mr. Logan and Ms. Rogue. She was in the process of getting rid of the trash bag with the cleaned up items in the garage when Jubilee caught her. She snuck up on her in the garage to find out what was going on. Chloe had lied and said she forgot her stuffed animal in the car but, she was in Logan’s truck. Jubilee didn’t ground her when she finally fessed up and said she was on a top secret mission for Mr. Logan and for Ms. Rogue, who happened to also be her godparents. She was a smart young lady and didn’t divulge any details, even to her mom. Hank helped Ororo by putting their bags into the van, while she strapped in a pooped little Charles into his car seat. Ororo then decided to drive them home. Big Ol’ Hank climbed into the passenger seat and strapped himself in. He rolled down the window…


“Marie, Logan, you sure you don’t need any help getting home?”

“I think we’ve got it Hank,” said Logan, although he wasn’t sure himself.

Then the McCoy family left the airport Logan and Marie were alone with everything out on the ground by Marie’s 1994 Jewel-toned forest green Corvette C4 Nitrous. Where were they possibly going to fit her ten stuffed animal boxes plus his two, the myriad of other purchases, a slightly dampened box of chocolate and white chocolate covered strawberries almost the size of Logan’s fist; well, more like Marie’s fist, and their backpacks inside her car?

“Okay, ah will pack mah car and then ah’ll let you drav mah baby back home.”

“Fine by me, darlin’, just get a move on before we get ambushed out here,” Logan didn’t like the smells around the airport parking lot and the longer they were out there in the middle of the night, the greater risk of attack.

“Well if ah left it ta you, we’d only have enough room ta rahd home on yer lap, and since it’s mah baby, ah thought ya maht want it ta get us home in one piece.”

Marie expertly packed the entire car within ten minutes.

“See, ah said, just leave it ta meh,” she proudly bragged.

“Really, and just how do ya plan on gettin’ this home,” Logan asked as he held up a small rectangular box.

“On mah lahp, ah course,” Marie said, smiling.

“Okay, now one small thing. When you decided to pack the car, you forgot to put up the top. You won’t mind riding with the top down, do ya?”

“Logan, it’s freezin’ and weah in the middle-ah wintah, nah, ah don’t mahnd,” she hoped he heard the sarcastic flair in her voice.

“I can warm ya up when we get back to my room,” he said with his killer smile. “You could spend the night…”

“No sugah, make meh some-ah yer hot chocolate from scratch and ah’ll do it. Ah’ll even help ya unload when we get back ta the school.”

“It’s a deal.”


On the chilly drive home, Logan’s cell phone rang once, and she saw him smile brightly before looking over at her trying to stay awake in cold. The night sky was so clear that the stars shined like diamonds in the sky. The air crisp and cold with the snow banked on each side of the road.

‘What was he smilin’ at? Ah think ah’ve got ah-cicles formin’ on mah ah-brows,’ Marie thought.

She wondered what had possessed her to agree to such a stupid plan; she could catch her death from the cold or hypothermia at the very least. However, she could recover if she could remember how to pull on Logan’s mutation without actually touching him. She had to remind herself that the hot chocolate was worth it and if not, Logan was going to have to spend hours warming her back up.


Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:00 A.M.

Logan pulled into the garage and shut off the engine. His hair was practically frozen and wind-blown backwards. He could barely move he was so stiff. Then he questioned his brilliance in not making Marie unpack the car to get the top up and then repacking it all. He looked over at Marie attached to his right shoulder. Her arms were wrapped around his right arm, her eyes were closed, and her lips were rather blue looking.

“Darlin’ we’re home, time to wake up,” Logan said.

He moved his shoulder a little to rouse her conscious… Problem was… She wasn’t waking up.

“Marie? Baby, wake up.”

Logan reached across his chest and felt her face. It was so cold. He couldn’t feel any sign of warmth. Panic started to set in.

“Marie, wake up darlin’. We’re home,” he shook her more and used his free hand to start rubbing hers clutching his upper arm.

‘Smooth move ex-lax. Now what are you gonna do?’ Wolverine chided him in his head.

He swiftly found a way to get his arm out of her clutches and got out of the car. He reached over, undid her belt, and put the strawberries on his still warm leather seat after vacating it. Then he rushed to her side and opened the car door. Logan scooped her up into his arms and left everything in the car as he carried Marie inside the school. None of the things they bought mattered if he lost Marie because of his foolish decision to drive with the top down. He took the elevator up to the Instructor’s Wing. He had to get her warm quickly before he would be a part of a post-holiday tragedy. He wasn’t sure how much time he needed to get her warm.


Logan’s Room
Instructor’s Wing
Xavier’s School for Gifted Students
Westchester, NY.
1:20 A.M.

In the rush to get to his room to warm up Marie, Logan nearly took his door off the hinges by kicking it in. Once inside, he set her down on the end of the bed while he pulled back the covers. He put her into her side of the bed and tucked her in tightly on one side. He stripped down like the troops hitting the beach at Normandy and climbed into bed with her from his side. He wrapped himself around her in bed and tried to create body heat between them to help her get warm enough to wake up. He worried her lips were so cold, so he kissed them to bring some color back. Logan continued to kiss her until he felt her begin to kiss him back.


Marie had been dreaming while she’d fallen asleep in the cold. She pictured a beach on a private island somewhere unfamiliar to her. She was sunbathing nude on a lounge working on her tan. She could see Logan off at a distance from the lounge. She could see that he was having fun in the surf, catching fish with his claws, and just as naked as she. Marie had just been dreaming that Logan had strolled her way to claim his reward for catching dinner. Then she felt his lips upon hers… But something was wrong, they felt so real. At that point, she woke up to being kissed by the man of her dreams.

“Hey,” she said softly.

“Hey yourself,” he said softly.

“You were just in mah dream and now heah ya are. Want meh ta tell ya all ‘bout it?” Logan nodded.
Chapter End Notes:
I have begun work on the last 4 chapters of this story. As I said a sequel is in the works.

Hope you'll keep tuned in.
Thanks for your reviews in advance.