Author's Chapter Notes:
The end of the Disneyland journey mixed with a little Mission Impossible.

Hope you like it, let me know below.

My thanks to Xgirl14, serafim, TrickyBusiness, and tamisnead for sticking with me so far.
Build-A-Bear Workshop
Downtown Disney
12:30 P.M.

As Marie walked into the store, she was taken by surprise. Logan and Chloe were already there at the checkout counter. Both had three tall boxes a piece. She wondered what was in them. She got in line with all her purchases and picked out ten animals, a cuddly Koala, a Polar Bear, a floppy elephant, two floppy kitties, two floppy bears, two wolves, and a floppy pony. Logan and Chloe took off to make one more stop before heading back to the bus. She was okay with that because she didn’t want Logan hovering over her as she completed her soon-to-be stuffed animals. Marie picked out the hearts, placed a wish and a kiss on each of them. Then she placed each one inside the animal before she had it stuffed. A store helper took all the animals up to the front counter to hold them for her.

She went off and hunted down accessories for her new animal friends. She picked out bridal and tuxedo outfits for the wolves, a little white tank top and jeans for the pony, and a bunch more simply adorable outfits she liked. Just her luck, out of the corner of her eye she spotted a small leather jacket and it was the last one, so she grabbed it. Marie then headed to the Birthing Station. She put in all the barcodes and gave each of her animals a name and a birth date. By the time she got to the counter, all her ten birth certificates, and a card full of stamps towards a free purchase the next time she visited were waiting for her. A store helper followed Marie out of the store.


Marceline's Confectionery
Downtown Disney
12:40 P.M.

“We have to get Marie some of those chocolate covered strawberries, they’re huge!”

“Yes, I see. Go, get yourself something. Hurry.”

Logan went up to the counter and flashed his killer smile at the sales girl.

“Gimme a dozen of the chocolate covered strawberries, six white and six dark.” Logan said and handed her a wad of American cash that would equal $100 dollars.

“Yes sir.”

“Hurry up Chloe.”

“Coming,” she quickly ran over with a small box of dark chocolate squares.


After Logan paid for their purchases they headed back to the bus. They got back with a few minutes to spare.

“Don’t tell mama I got this. I’m not supposed to have a lot of sugar,” whispered to Logan before they got on the bus.

“Sure, if you don’t mention the strawberries,” he whispered back.

“It’s a deal.”

The two shake and hug on it, then step into the air-conditioned bus and found their seats.


Grand Californian Hotel Driveway
Anaheim, CA.
1:00 P.M.

“Hank, could ya put these in the cooler for me?”

“Sure Logan, I’ll keep them wrapped in the bag so the box won’t get too wet.”

“Thanks Hank.”

Logan made his way to the back of the bus.

“It’s ‘bout tahm, sugah,” Marie uttered as Logan flopped down into his seat in the back, next to his fiancée, “Ah was ‘bout ta send Kurt out ta get ya.”

“Miss me, did ya?”

“What did ya get meh?”

“They’re for later.”

“Mmm.”

“Let’s get this show on the road,” Logan heard Ororo say.

The bus started up and they were on their way to the airport.


An hour they were mired in deep traffic. Logan was bored and Marie was sleeping on him. He gently lifted her from his shoulder and leaned her the other way to the window. He went up to the front of the bus while Marie slept against the window. He wouldn’t be gone long.

“How are you guys back there,” Frank queried.

“Marie is out. I covered her up. Listen, since I really wanted to take Marie on the yacht, can we make that a rain check for our honeymoon trip?”

“I’ll check when we get home. I’m sure I can try to arrange something.”

“Oh, I am so glad my cousin is going to get married, finally.”

“Well, I was going to propose this upcoming Valentine’s Day but she beat me to it.”

“Oh Logan, if I had known I might have waited before helping her,” Lara replied.

“It’s okay. I’m still gonna do something on Valentine’s Day. But, I’m not gonna to invite an army of friends and family to the event.”

“But Logan, you are still going to call me with the details. I insist.”

“Lara, leave the man alone, he wants it to be private,” said Frank.

“I’ll see what I can do about getting video of the event,” Logan offered.

“That’s my cousin. He knows what I like,” Lara stated with a smile a mile wide.

Logan went back to his seat and Marie rolled back over to lean her head on Logan’s left shoulder, her sleep still undisturbed. He smiled before he nodded off himself. The traffic was bad on the way back to the airport. Frank made some calls on his cell phone and arranged to have cots put up in the, because at this point, they might be getting back to San Diego at eleven at night.


Charter Bus Lines
San Clemente
4:30 P.M.

“Logan, I think we ought to stop and stretch a little,” said Ororo.

“Yeah. We need moah food and a good stretch,” Marie requested as she woke up from Logan’s shoulder.

“I’ll go let the driver know to get off at Avenida Pico,” Lara offered since she knew the area pretty well.

“But we cain’t stay long with tha traffic,” Marie said.

“Marie, don’t worry. Frank has taken care of the flight. We used to live here before we moved to Logan Heights. There are plenty of stores and I’m sure we can stock up.” Lara earned a smile from Marie.

All of a sudden a female burst of laughter came from the front. Bobby and Jubilee were having a thumb war and Jubilee won. Hank and Kitty, Peter, Charles, and Moira were well into a game of seven card stud poker. Frank played travel battle ship with Chloe. Kurt was sleeping with little Charles. The bus pulled off the road at Avenida Pico and turned to the left. It pulled into the huge parking lot at Walmart. As soon as the driver put it in park, Marie was up from her seat, grabbed her sweatshirt and wallet from her bag in the overhead compartment. Then she got off the bus and the sea breeze was a little chillier than she expected. She was glad she had grabbed the item from her backpack. She didn’t waste much time putting it on.

“We’re taking a few minutes here to stretch and get some food. If you wish to get something here to eat, that’s fine. Take one of us with you. The Professor has agreed to let you get something to eat at Mickey D’s here in Walmart,” Ororo made the announcement to lots of cheers.

The students were excited because this was a special treat. The Professor didn’t allow the children to eat fast food at the school. He would have preferred that they go to a restaurant but they were short on time. He needed to keep the children as healthy as possible just in case their parents came to see them or the government wanted an inspection. He didn’t need overweight, under nourished children at the school because it could cause the state to come in and close them down. Most of the students kept somewhat in shape because when they were older, they wanted to become junior X-Men and someday, full senior X-Men. It was decided to go to Mickey D’s inside Walmart because the bus would have a harder time getting into the one closer to the freeway entrance.


Marie headed off into Walmart with Ororo, Kitty, Jubilee, and most of the students at her tail. Lara and Frank stayed behind to watch the bus and make more calls to the captain of the flight to keep him updated on their progress.


Logan got off the bus and walked off to the International House of Pancakes and bought a couple things to go. The rest of the gang stretched went to use the facilities at one place or another. They had all given up on using the toilet when they ran out of air freshener. It was hard especially on Logan. His nose was getting tortured but, he found solace in burying it in Marie’s hair when he was about to go crazy because he couldn’t take it anymore. It seemed to work pretty well but, he was going to OWN Marie’s ass when he got back for putting him through the gauntlet of riding on the bus. He was re-examining the reason why he had agreed to such a stupid plan. Damn, because it made her happy and he had an extreme need to keep her that way because he didn’t like upset Marie. He put the food purchases he made on their seats in the back of the bus.

Then he decided he had time to light up. He went on the opposite side of the door and whipped out a half smoked cigar, and found his lighter in his jeans pocket. Soon the calming, deadly smoke was filling his lungs.

“May I join you,” Charles asked walking up with his own cigar.

“Free country, last I heard.”

“I wish it were, for us. We have another Senate hearing on the Mutant Registration Bill the first week of January.”

“How many more hearin’s you think it’s gonna take to finally kill it for good?”

“No bloody idea. Our continued effort to win people over to our cause, human and mutant alike is all we can do.”

“I really wish this chicken-shit back and forth stuff would end. American’s sent men to the moon, yet they can’t put an end to fighting for who’s the superior race.”

“I agree my friend,” Hank said as he walked up with his lit cigar in hand. “But they keep stepping in the way of their own history and it repeats like an echo in a canyon.”

“Too true Henry but, if we can get the states to come to a peaceful resolution, and then the world will follow,” Charles imparted.


About twenty minutes later, both Ororo and Marie look like they have been contestants on some supermarket shopping spree game show. They both had a cart of food and were rushing back to the bus with most of the children. Kitty and Jubilee brought up the rear. Marie had filled up a cart with snacks for her and Logan, and Ororo’s cart was for the rest of the bus. True, it seemed like a lot of food but, Marie wanted to make sure that their strength was replenished for when they got home so that Logan could have his way with her. Ororo bought more than she probably should have as well just in case the traffic lasted longer than planned. They did have a long flight home after all, someone might get hungry. Bobby and Pete brought the coolers off the bus and opened the drain plug to empty out the cold water from the melted ice.


Logan grabbed his strawberries before Bobby turned on his mutation and made new ice for the coolers. Then Logan safely tucked his strawberries back into the coolers before he helped Marie back onto the bus with the six bags of food she bought for them.

“Uh baby, I got somethin’ for us. It’s warmin’ your seat. Since you didn’t get anything frozen, this stuff can wait under our seats.”

“Shore sugah, what did ya git for meh?”

“Chocolate chip pancakes,” Logan answered her, flashing his killer smile.

“Ooh. Ya’re raht, this stuff can wait.”

Marie slid into the seat near the window; put the bags of food under her seat, before she put her table down. Logan placed a Styrofoam box on her table and then served himself up. He watched her take a sip of the something cold he gave her to drink.

“Ya got meh fresh squeezed orange juice?”

“Nothin’ but the best for my girl.”

“Damn straight,” Marie said, before pouring syrup all over her pancakes; the butter already melted in.

Logan smiled brightly even though he wanted to laugh but, he had a reputation to protect.


Then suddenly the bus started up. They get back on the freeway and by the time they did so, the traffic had lightened up a little until they got to Oceanside, and it backed up again to a slow crawl. Logan had finished eating and he had a sudden reminder of what was waiting for Marie back at the school. He had almost forgotten about what he had set up in Marie’s room. He was going to have to find a way to get all the decorations cleaned out before Marie went back to her room. He didn’t want Jubilee nosing in so he went to the next best sneaky person; he went up to go see Chloe. Logan knew that the Yellow One had trained her well.

“Hey Logan.”

“Hey kid, I have a mission for ya.”

“Really? Why?”

“You in or out?”

Logan could see wheels turning in her head as she was processing whether she was up to the challenge.
Chapter End Notes:
Program note: The sequel will be called Father Time's Gift. There will be a reminder and maybe a test later. If you fail, you might get detention with Wolverine...

Enjoy your weekend and thanks in advance for your reviews!