Author's Chapter Notes:
WARNING: Adult Sexual Content.
WARNING: No Drinks At Computer Screens or Keyboards.

Now, here's the crowning moment! Enjoy and please review when you can!

Many thanks to tamisnead for getting this back to me!

Many thanks to Xgirl14 and new comer TrickyBusiness for their great reviews! This is for you!
“Take meh,” he heard her moan.

He suddenly stopped and took her hand, moved them out of the cave.

“Logan, why’d ya stop,” Marie asked in a whimpering tone.

“I’m hungry and last I remember so were you.”

“But, that could wait,” she whined at the lost contact.

Logan thought he got her back pretty good, getting her wet and worked up but, the animal wanted him to do more. Soon they are back on the raft back to the mainland but, Marie was about to scare the begeezes out of him and he had no idea what was coming, although he was concerned because he kept sensing Marie in a nervous state. He didn’t like it when she was uneasy.


French Market Restaurant
New Orleans Square
2:00 P.M.

As Marie waited in line with Logan, she kept thinking to herself.

‘Just one mo-ah hour, just one hour. Damn, we cain’t dawdle after this we have-ta get ta the castle.’

She followed him to a table under the retractable canopy. They shared the stew in a bowl on his tray, and the chocolate cake. After they finished eating she decided to let him in a little on her plan.

“Logan, tha otha half of yer Christmas present is at Sleeping Beauty Castle.”

“Yeah, and?”

“The hitch, ya have-ta pick it up at three o’clock.”

“No problem. We’ll make it. Is that why you’re so jumpy?”

“Kindah. Ah just think you’re gonna love what ah got for ya.”


Suddenly, out of the blue Marie’s cell phone rang. Logan tried to focus his advanced hearing to find out who was on the phone.

“It’s ‘Ro, just checking in. We just grabbed a quick lunch, we’re heading over now, bye,” Marie hung up almost as soon as she answered it.

“Who was that?”

“Wrong number,” she said without batting an eye and he gave her the eyebrow.

Logan knew the instant she said, ‘wrong number,’ that she’d lied. He also noticed as he stood up that he could smell nervousness coming from her even stronger than before. Was she afraid of something? Were they in danger and he hadn’t been able to sniff it out? Something very secretive was going on and he wasn’t sure he liked it. Her heart beat quickened as they stood and he was worried she would give herself a heart attack if she didn’t calm down. He watched her take the tray to the trash can for the staff to clean it. He took her arm when she returned and leaned in to her ear.

“What’s wrong?” He said and then paused waiting for her answer.

“Nothin’. Why?”

“Marie, I smell somethin’s not right. I heard Ororo on the phone. Your heart’s racin’ and you’re lyin’ to me. It’s not like you to be so out of sorts.”

“Just get us ta the castle in tahm and yer gonna find out.”

“Fine but, I want the whole story when we get there.”

“Deal,” she said and he continued walking with her.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
2:45 P.M.

The first group to arrive was Ororo, Hank, Charlie, and their batch of students. Then Peter, Kurt, Bobby, Kitty, and their students. Next came the Professor and Dr. Kinross-MacTaggert, and their charges. Chloe, Jubilee, and Remy came in from the East passageway from Tomorrowland through the castle. The very last group to arrive was Lara and Frank Wyle. Everyone was gathered in Fantasyland in shops near the drawbridge of the castle. A few of the students were look outs for Ms. Rogue and Mr. Logan on one side. Ororo and Bobby actually spotted them coming through the Adventureland entrance gate from the other side of the castle wall. Luckily, Logan wasn’t looking at the castle or he would have seen the whole X-Men team, students, his cousin Lara and husband Frank Wyle, who got Marie’s tickets Fed Ex’d two days before Christmas so they could be there, all hiding around the castle entrance waiting for Marie to get him into place.

Even Remy managed to fly in later that morning and met up with Jubilee and Chloe’s group, just in time to be there for the big event. Fortunately, some of the students were able to hide in the throng of people coming in and out of the castle. Some of them actually stopped and asked what was going on. Ororo, Chloe, and the students spread the word to other guests of the park. Some decided to stay and see the whole thing go down, which made it more fun. Those that stayed got to hear more of the details of their relationship leading them to why they were all there now. Kitty took care of setting up a video camera out of view but aimed at Logan and Marie as they got closer. Hank was in charge of filming and let Kitty handle the smaller camera while he had one on his shoulder filming because he was tall enough to shoot over the crowds. Both cameras were rolling following them as they came through the crowds of people to the compass rose in front of the castle.


Adventureland Entrance
Adventureland
2:45 P.M.

Logan looked at his watch and picked up his gait a little. They got side tracked by a large group coming in the same time as he and Marie were trying to make it out in time. At least, they didn’t have to run. He stepped aside and found a way to keep moving through.


Marie kept turning over the box in her hand inside her pocket while her other arm was wrapped through Logan’s. She was smiling from ear to ear; she just couldn’t help it. Then she tried to remember her speech that she had dreamed about ever since she planned to come to Disneyland. At least she hadn’t forgotten the speech with all the anxiety of the planet on her shoulders. If this didn’t work, she knew it would break her, and she would have to leave the school to start a new life elsewhere, somewhere Logan wasn’t.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
2:55 P.M.

“Ok Marie, we’re here,” Logan said as he had his backside turned off center to the castle.

He wanted his present. He was tired of waiting and the suspense was starting to tug on his nerves. Especially since they’d arrived her heart sped up again. The nervousness coming from her was more palpable than ever before, in fact, it was so huge he wasn’t sure it was all Marie. Logan understood that Marie was nervous of how he would accept her gift. He decided that he would at least try to be gracious in accepting it even if he didn’t like it. He figured he could sell it on E-Bay if it was that disgusting.

“Logan, we’re five minutes early. Now breathe a sec while ah tie mah shoe,” she said.

He didn’t really notice that she went down to her knee on the center of the compass rose on the ground facing north as Logan was facing south, southeast. He was looking out from his location all the way back to the Christmas tree in front of Main Street Station at the other end of the park. It was a gorgeously sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, and a slight bush your cheek breeze speed to the air. He inhaled as Marie said and let it go.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
3:00 P.M.

“She’s down on one knee, that’s the cue,” whispered Ororo, “Places and please be very quiet.”

Everyone nodded and slowly each of the various teams of X-Men and students, Logan’s family, and various Disneyland guests began to move in closer to the area. Slowly stepping out onto the bridge and finding places to watch, all along the drawbridge without blocking the rest of the public. They X-Men, students, Lara, and Frank began to form a half circle around Logan’s back. Fortunately, the wind that day was blowing north, northwest but, that was from a little help from Storm. Most everybody had their cameras ready at the bit to record their own moments for the couple. Hank had moved to the side out of view to catch the whole event on tape. Kitty panoramically filmed all the public with them and then turned back to Logan and Marie. On the other side other people passing by began to stop and look at what was going on because they couldn’t figure why such a large group of people was behind this couple.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
3:00 P.M.

Marie was down tying her shoe and Logan remembered what happened the last time she was down on her knees. He closed his eyes for a moment and didn’t see her pull a special box out of her pocket. Inside it contained the ring she had specially made out of adamantium and gold. The base band made of adamantium as wide as a couple pieces of fettuccini and then a band of three gold strips concurrent, the thickness of a piece of linguettine. Between the three strips of linguettine there were three small stones, an emerald to represent her, the lapis lazuli blue stone with a small gold stripe across it to represent clarity, relief of stress, and the bonding of relationships, among many other properties, and the black obsidian represented their unknown future together. The adamantium showed through under the stones, representing his past and the gold represented his claws and their trials together. In Latin, she had a saying engraved, ‘Amor est ignis jugiter ardens,’ which meant, love be fire continuously burning, and in English she had engraved, ‘ Through fire we are one.’

“Logan, it’s tahm,” Marie said as she looked up at him.

“Where is my pres…?”

“Lookin’ raht at ya, sugah,” she said as she held up the open box with his ring in it.


Without warning, Logan suddenly became confused, the look probably showing on his face, and then he realized that Marie was on one knee, not both. Nervousness was coming so thick off of her that you could cut it, well with his claws but, stranger still, now he, out of the blue felt just as gripped by nervousness. The air seemed to be gone from his lungs and he could hear could hear both of their hearts wildly beating in his ears.

“Marie, what’s going on?” He asked and gave her his arched eyebrow of curiosity.

“Logan, ah’ve been through adventureland and lived in fantasyland with ya long enough, sugah. Ah’m givin’ you a choice at a fewtcha and a chance at tomorrowland with meh, a new frontierland fer us to trail blaze togetha. Ah’m givin’ ya mahself fer the rest of our lahves,” Marie paused, “So, James Logan-Howlett, what ah’m askin’ is, will ya take this gift and do meh tha greatest honah, and make meh the happiest Rogue, Marie if ya prefer, in the whole U. S. A… And Canada too.”


“Marie…” He said as he realized that there was some meaning behind the ring.

“Ah had it made from that bastard metal they put in ya. It means that it will last forevah lahk we will. The gold is three stripes for the three claws that ah saw at Laughlin City, and felt that ah should be securin’ a lahf anywhere you were.” So many things were running through his mind.


‘Oh mah gawd he’s not gonna accept,’ Marie thought as she could see the panic in his eyes.

She began to worry that she was pushing him too hard. After all, she just got him to admit that he loved her after waiting five years, just now getting into a deeper relationship after five years of dating, and doing a delicate dance with him seemed like she was rushing. Now here, she was proposing marriage all of a sudden, maybe this wasn’t such a good idea… Marie really began to doubt her decision to ask him so soon, maybe it was she who wasn’t really ready in the end? But, she was tired of waiting and she wasn’t getting any younger. What if they waited too long and she couldn’t have children? She didn’t want to think about that becoming a reality. She wanted to have children with Logan so that she might be able to pass on his surname to; to give him the family he never got to have his entire life up to that point anyway, until she’d found his cousin. Worst of all, she didn’t want to look desperate.


As Logan looked down at Marie his mind was a mixture of emotions, humiliation that she was asking him before he had the chance, love for her, and confusion as to why she was asking him so soon. It was still Christmas wasn’t it? They had only just told each other they loved one another earlier that morning and now here she was asking to get married. The man was beginning to balk at the idea of accepting. The Wolverine told him to follow his instincts. She had gone through so much with waiting for him for a long time. His first instinct was to run, but then the second was to stay with Marie. He couldn’t decide which road to take.

‘Whatever she asks, say yes Logan,’ Logan thought of Jubilee’s advice.

Maybe Yellow had the right idea. If he said something akin to no, Marie would be devastated but, he wasn’t sure he was ready to say yes. They really hadn’t seriously ever discussed marriage between them. Sure they’d had conversations about what they might want a wedding to look like if they got married but, to each other, hadn’t been brought up.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
3:30 P.M.

More people stopped to see what was going on while others kept moving on. Every one of the mutant students and staff were holding hands as they watched, crossing fingers, legs, and even toes. No crossing eyeballs or they might stay that way. Hoping that Wolverine would finally get his life in order and grab on to the only woman in the world that was perfectly made to be his partner in life, and on the X-Team. Logan hadn’t answered Marie yet and they were beginning to worry that he might not accept. Many prayers were being sent to the skies at that very moment, in several different languages, and to several different deities.


Sleeping Beauty Castle
Fantasyland
3:50 P.M.

Logan reached down and finally helped her up instead of making her wait any longer but, he still hadn’t made a decision yet. He had tears streaking down his face as he looked into her eyes. A brush of wind blew by his ear and he heard something, a voice he hadn’t heard in a very long time.

“Logan, she is the one you are meant to be with, I was never intended for you. Your heart belongs to her,” said the female voice.

He immediately recognized Jean’s voice but, didn’t understand where it came from. Then he heard another voice he hadn’t heard in an even longer time… Scott.
Chapter End Notes:
Hehe, so did I leave enough of a good cliff hanger? I have been called the Evil Queen of Cliff hangers... Hit the button and let me know. I just might post another chapter... Bwahahahaha! Thanks in advance for reviews!