Author's Chapter Notes:
More little twisties to get you to enjoy the rabbit hole as you gently fall into another world...

This was written before they instituted Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow but, since I am updating this for 2009, you can safely assume he’s in the ride, I just chose not to focus on that part of the ride. After all, this is a story about Marie and Logan, and Marie’s quest to win Logan’s heart forever, not where Jack Sparrow is put insanely obvious to everyone, all over the ride.

Many thanks to tamisnead, Xgirl14, and serafim for their reviews so far. They have kept me and the muses going.

Enjoy, and gimme a holler about whatcha think.
It’s A Small World
Fantasyland
10:00 A.M.

Bobby sat uncomfortably through the ride just because Kitty wanted to. If it were up to him he’d freeze every single one of those damn annoying, singing children.

‘Geez, the things I do for her,’ he thought.

Kitty had been trying to talk him into having a couple kids ever since they eloped in Las Vegas. It got worse when Ororo and Hank McCoy had Charlie. Whenever they needed a sitter, Kitty stepped up and volunteered them, citing that it would be good experience. He spent most of the time watching Sports Center on ESPN while she changed diapers and carried on feedings, that should have been a sign right there but, she didn’t get it, or she ignored it. He made a final decision for him; he just wasn’t ready for children, not now and maybe not ever.


‘I think I’m making progress in changing his mind about having kinds someday. Maybe he won’t say no after all,’ Kitty thought and she snuggled in closer to Bobby.

Poor Kitty had no idea Bobby was so deeply anti-fatherhood. She was very pro-motherhood. When he had thrown it up to her that he didn’t want his children walking through walls when they were in bed together doing God knows what, it made her reconsider her position. However, after she’d thought about it, she wanted to move to Connecticut, have a nice house, and the family business could be about ice skating or ice sculptures. Someday, she’d turn him to her way of thinking; she just knew she would.


Kurt in the back of the boat with Peter and another student were just eating up everything they could process as they looked around the ride. They looked for and found their countries in the slew of mechanically animated children.

“It zee zmall vorld after zoll, itzee zmall vorld after zoll,” Kurt sang at the top of his lungs in exuberance.

After they got off the ride, some young child thought Kurt was Stitch of Lilo & Stitch, because of his teeth. The child was clearly confused but Kurt decided to use his mutation because he had no idea what a Lilo & Stitch was. He waved at the child and then suddenly bamfed out of sight, clearly far enough away so that the child and it’s parents couldn’t see him. He waited for the others by the restrooms just behind Alice in Wonderland.


Star Tours
Tomorrowland
10:00 A.M.

“Chloe, I can’t go anymore, chica. Three consecutive times is enough for me,” said Jubilee.

“Sorry mom. Would you like to rest while I go one more time?”

“Go Chloe, go. I’ll be fine. I’m going to text your dad while I wait for you.”

Jubilee watched as Chloe went back into the building to ride Star Tours one more time with the rest of the wild bunch of teenagers. The first time around she felt almost like throwing up, still felt that way now after her last ride. She had been feeling ill all morning. She hoped she hadn’t gotten food poisoning but, she also began to wonder if she might be pregnant. Luckily, she was now out in open air where she could take in the fresh air. Maybe she could negotiate getting away from Chloe and her classmates for a while and rest, at least until it was time to meet up for Marie and Logan; then maybe she’d feel better. Jubilee sat in the shade and whipped out her cell to text Remy. A reply came quicker than she’d hoped.

[@LAX. Will B There A.S.A.P., Chérie. XOXOXO R.]

[Good BCuz I’m sick w/o Y.O.U., XOXOXO Your Jubie Doll.]


King Arthur Carrousel
Fantasyland
10:00 A.M.

“What have you been keeping yourself busy with lately,” Charles asked.

“Mostly work, Charles. I’m sorry I haven’t seen you very much. I’ve been working with Hank on some secret research for Marie. She asked us to secretly help her to find a way for her to have children and to be able to lower the risk of passing her mutation on. Logan has no clue. Our focus is on being able to find a way to genetically provide a way for the mutation to be turned off if the child should inherit her mutation,” said Moira as he took her hand as they rode on the bench on the carrousel. “I meant to call you about it but, she gave us special instructions not to share with anyone.”

“It’s my fault. I should have called more often but, you know how busy I am at the school. I’m sorry.”

“Charles, I feel the same way. I am sorry as well. Please keep what I said between us. She wants to be able to surprise Logan. Oddly, she’s alright with her children having Logan’s mutation.”

“Your secret is safe with me but, we should talk to her when we return, about the findings so far.”

“We have been working almost two years and we are getting closer but, only God will determine what mutation the child may get. It’s going to take many more long nights with Hank and I working together long hours to get there.”

“I understand but, please don’t forget to come up to breathe,” Charles said as he wrapped an arm around Moira and kissed her temple.


Tarzan’s Tree House
Adventureland
10:30 A.M.

Marie waited in the shade on a bench, admiring the view of the Rivers of America across the park. She could just barely see much through the tree branches and leaves. The tree was overdue for a little trim. She began to worry that it was already 10:30 a.m. already.

‘Ten thirty and six seconds, where is Logan,’ she thought to her as she counted down the minutes before they had to be at Pirates of the Caribbean.

The line had been long when she had gone by earlier. She was hoping that maybe Logan would get out of his line and come to her, his queue line was now over a two hour wait.


“Right here, darlin’,” Logan said as if he could read her thoughts.

She started because he realized that he had surprised her, “There ya are. Ah was wonderin’ if ya were gonna make it in tahm.”

Logan took her into his arms and gave her a sweet lingering kiss. When he let her go he thumped on his chest like an ape and roared, just to make her laugh. It worked and then he got serious as he held her again.

“When I saw that it was over an hour wait, I started to miss ya, and two hours seemed too long to miss ya, so, I got out of line. Let’s get down off this tree and go to Pirates.”

“Ah missed ya too,” she wrapped an arm around his waist as they began to descend the tree on the other side.


Pirates of the Caribbean
New Orleans Square
10:45 A.M.

Logan led the way with Marie’s left hand in his right, through the doorway to the much shorter special Fast Pass queue line.

“How many,” the pirate costumed ride attendant asked.

He watched as Marie handed the guy the two Fast Pass slips.

“Up to the last row there.”

The couple moved to the spot as directed. The next boat arrived and emptied. Inside the building it was dark with a southern swampy décor and atmosphere, banjo music playing, and sounds of crickets and bullfrogs. Over in the corner to the left there was an old cabin and to the right lay the patio for the Blue Bayou Restaurant, where small fire lit lanterns and strings of light bulbs over-head were enough light to eat by. Logan took Marie’s hand and she stepped down into the boat. He could see her being a bit picky as to where she sat, before she sat. He wondered if she was looking for the non-wet spots on the traction covered seat. He climbed in next to her and sat, immediately felt his left thigh getting wet, and he groaned.

“What’s wrong?”

“My jeans are wet.”

“How bad?”

“I’ll check outside.”


Suddenly, the boat lurched forward and Marie shuffled in closer to Logan’s right shoulder. The boat was oddly floating, and she had no clue that it was on a track below the black smelly water. She eased a little as he put his arm around her. Then she heard talking, looked up to see a moving and talking skull, and she giggled. They were about to pass under it when Logan whispered in her ear. People suddenly started screaming as well.

“Hold on tight.”

Marie complied, putting her hands on the rail before her, seconds before they both were plummeting down a wall of water.

“OH MY GOD, LOGAAAN,” she screamed as they went down the slide, and she couldn’t see his smile in the dark.

They leveled off and went around another corner to the left.

“Why didn’t ya warn meh sooner, sugah?”

“Hold on tight,” Logan whispered again.

“OH MY GOD, LOGAAAN,” Marie screamed again as they went down the second slide, her left hand in a death grip on his knee, and she couldn’t see his second smile in the dark.


The boat leveled off on the track, the children in the boat started oohing and ahhing at things they saw. Logan felt his heart flying as he felt the fun of the moment hit him. He had only warned Marie to hold on because he heard rushing water ahead. He couldn’t see because it was dark so, he couldn’t tell if the rushing water was coming from up above or below them. Still, it was exhilarating to him to hear Marie screaming out his name.

“It’s ok darlin’, you can let go now,” he whispered in her ear.

“There ain’t any more of those drops, are there?”

“Not that I can tell, only two,” Logan said and Marie let go of his knee, his arm around her, he kissed her temple.

“Good ‘cause, ah’d have ta kill ya slowly if there was anotha one.”


Marie tried to enjoy the rest of the ride. She laughed at the auction scene where the women were being sold.

“Are ya goin’ ta kiss yer wench, let ‘em know ah’m yers… And they cain’t have meh.”

“Darlin’, I am at your service,” she felt Logan caress her right cheek before he pulled her lips to his.

The kiss he gave her was more than she had anticipated. It was hungry and possessive, like she belonged to non-other than the Wolverine. She wrapped her arms around his neck and ignored the sights and sounds around her. Silly as it was, the pirates weren’t real anyway, just audio animatronic figurines. Lingering in the kiss from both parties and soon the ride was over, the boat started to incline up a chain link track as water rushed down the ramp. When they reached the top the two were still engaged in a heavy kissing session. They broke it off when their boat bumped the boat in front of them in a queue like of boats to come back for discharge and reload of more park guests.

“Where we goin’ next,” asked Logan as they pulled up to the dock where they would disembark.

“Ah’ll check tha map once we git outsahd.”


Once the boat stopped, Logan stood up and helped Marie up onto the platform. He followed her as they went through the exit doorway and down the ramp leading back to one of the small New Orleans streets. Now he fully felt the cold on his thigh where the denim of his jeans got wet. The wetness stretched from his left buttock to his knee.

“Well sugah, since yer all wet now, how ‘bout Splash Mountain?”

“Fine, lead on.”

Logan spotted Pieces of Eight and pulled Marie along into the side street store. The store was filled with kitschy made Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise. On the walls hung pirate flags, fishing nets, and posters for the movies of the same name as the ride. To the far side of the room they had glass stones shaped and cut to look like rubies, emeralds, sapphires, diamonds, amethysts, and topaz gemstones. Next to that held a display with chocolate shaped to look like coins, only coated with foil, and a pirate stamped on the head. Children ran in and out of the store playing with everything they could get their hands on, which at least weren’t breakable. Over by the barrel near the other exit, two young twin brothers were having a pirate plastic sword fight with swords from said barrel. Then their parents came to get them and bought the swords just to keep them moving along. Logan picked one up out of the barrel and held it in his hand.


Out of the blue, he stopped in his tracks as he had another flashback. This time he was wearing a black gi and he was sword fighting with someone. It looked to him like it was just for practice but there were several men around him with swords ready to attack. He felt someone take his other hand and he came out of the flashback. He looked down and saw Marie there with his hand in hers and her face full of concern for him.


Marie bought a couple eye patches, skull caps, was looking at fake earrings to clip on your ear when she turned to ask Logan something, and he was frozen in one spot. He was still as an English Pointer with the plastic sword in one hand and looking at his other hand rather oddly. He had that deathly pallid look to him again. She wondered if maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to bring him to California. She quickly went to him and took his free hand to keep him from releasing his own six knives already attached to his hands in case he was having a bad flashback. If that happened, the whole journey to California would be a disaster. She gently took the plastic sword out of his hand, put it back in the barrel, and looked up into his face. He looked so lost it almost broke her heart.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope ya'll liked this chapter.

Hit the review button and let me know!

Thanks!