Author's Chapter Notes:
Whoa... The Plot Twist Mutant Bunny has hit...

Lemme know whatcha think.

Enjoy!

Marie felt a kind of sensory overload herself. So many places to look at new things and she had to get them all down in her memory, as many as she could. She pulled out her camera case and a printed out schedule from her backpack that she had planned in advance so they could see everything they wanted to see in the park. She put her hair up in a ponytail and grabbed her camera out of the carry case.


Logan couldn’t help but be assaulted by smells coming from every direction. The weakest coming from the flowers carefully planted around a giant face of what he assumed was a mouse; then next, the sweat, perfumes, deodorants, and colognes. The strongest was a burning wood and coal smell. He looked up and saw an old train engine pulling into the train station above them. Now there was a piece of history. He wished he could remember why but, he felt drawn to the train. It felt familiar. He had no idea that from his past that he used to ride on them several times, especially during the American Civil War and rode them several times during other wars he’d been in with his estranged family member, Victor Creed. So much sensory overload began to hit him. A slight panic where to turn next hit him but, he calmed down because he knew Marie was next to him.

Then he turned to look at Marie after he turned his, ‘Go Canucks’ cap backwards, and he noticed she had this funny look on her face.

“What’s so funny?”

“Now, ya look lahk a tourist,” she said and then surprised him with a camera shot aimed at his face.

“You wanna take the train?”

“Sure,” she said and then took his hand.

They crossed under the tracks closest to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Logan took the staircase two at a time and Marie kept up but, they missed the train. The one that left before they had reached the station only let off a few but, practically emptied the station for the train coming in behind it, the one Logan and Marie would be on. While they waited at the gate for the next train, he wrapped his arms around Marie from behind. Then he nuzzled her neck and inhaled the new perfume she put on in the hotel room.

“Mmm, is that new?”

“Took ya long enough ta notice, sugah. Yes it’s new, ya lahk it?”

“Very much baby, can’t you tell?”

“Oh Logan, behave,” Marie playfully swatted at his right shoulder. “We’re in public.”

“I’ll wait until we get on the train, darlin’,” Logan whispered in her ear, a little growl rattle in his tone.


Marie almost melted at the knees when he kissed and blew on her neck. He knew what he was doing. Logan felt her slipping, so he held her a little tighter, still making love to the back of her neck. The next train came chugging into the station and Logan felt drawn to the train again. He took Marie by the hand and ran to the car near the very end, by the caboose. He stepped up into the car and pulled her up with him. The seats ran the length of the car; they weren’t short seats but, the long kind where you could stretch out your legs from there until next Sunday if you wanted to. He sat on the longest seat in the back closest to the left sidewall of the car, bent his leg to rest on the seat, his back to the wall that connected to the caboose. Then he pulled Marie down on top of him. She sat there between his legs, leaned against his chest. He wrapped arms around her again.

“I love you,” Logan said warmly into her ear.

“I love you too,” Marie said then leaned her head against his left shoulder, her ear resting near his neck.

“How far do you want to ride?”

“All tha way, sugah,” she lazily said with a dreamy look in her eye before she winked at him.

Logan felt an ache start to grow down below his belt buckle. The train left the station just about empty of riders. He hoped to have a car to them but, no such luck. Not many babies but worse, chatty teenagers talking about absolutely nothing that made sense to him because of the speed they yapped on. Most of them talking to each other, on cell phones texting, or cell phones period; the conversations loud and one-sided, all exceedingly annoying to him. He looked at the parental units known as chaperones were already exhausted from carrying the bills for those phones, the shopping bags full of things kitschy things their charges would bore of in three days, and from the guilt for spoiling them rotten. But, they considered being at Disneyland, ‘Quality Family Time’.

The conductor called, ‘All aboard,’ and the engine roared to life, chugging, chugging, as it began to pull the public laden cars. It chugged past trees heading to an unknown location to Logan. The rocking of the train, the tropical rain forest smell came to him from the jungle themed landscaping they rode through, caused him to have a sudden memory flash of the jungles in Asia. He saw Victor and his gun, in a uniform. Logan closed his eyes, then he saw a gun in his hands, and his body covered in a uniform as well. He heard someone’s voice yelling, then more voices, women and children screaming, gunshots, and then he opened his eyes. The memory flash gone in an instant as a voice told them that they were about to arrive in New Orleans Square.


Marie looked up at Logan when she heard his heart beating faster through his neck. He didn’t look well, his eyes were closed, and he had an almost deathly pallor to his face.

“Sugah, ya okay? Ya don’t look alraht.”

“I don’t know. I’m fine now, nothing to worry about,” she knew he was putting another wall up to either block out the memory, kept her from finding out more.

“Ya sure? Just please don’t shut meh out.”

“It’s nothing, I’ll be fine,” he kissed her temple.

She didn’t like it when he kept secrets from her. She decided to ask him about what happened later when they got home. If he was having visions, memory flashbacks, or nightmares, she wanted to know. The more she knew she helped him to piece together his history so that they could improve on their future. By finding out more about his history, she had been able to find Lara and Frank. Little did she know that another huge secret would be revealed in some important information she would get from Lara…

Soon the train pulled up to New Orleans Square and instantly Marie felt at home. The area looked so southern with the antebellum mansion and the moss in the willow trees; in the wrought ironwork of the buildings, and the smell of magnolias in the air. True it was geared more towards Louisiana but, she still felt more at home here than she did at times at the school. She remembered a report she did in high school in Meridian on New Orleans and how it was the jewel of the south for pirates, buccaneers, and smugglers to hide their bounty of stolen goods. She moved to get off the train after it stopped. She pulled Logan up with her and they got off the train. They went down a short bit of steps to an olive green painted gate. They went through and Marie headed off to the right with Logan in tow when she found the restrooms nearby.

“Ah need a ladies lounge visit. I’ll be raht back. Logan, if ya want ya can go on wanderin’ and I’ll catch up with ya in a minute.”

“I want to stay with you,” Logan said.

Marie felt like he was almost acting like a lost puppy without her. She knew he was protecting her, not wanting to lose her in such a large crowd of people. She could disappear and he would have a hard time finding her in the potpourri of scents. She smiled and she had an idea as she looked off to the stores to her left.

“Wanna get somethin’ ta play with when we get back ta the room?” She said pointing to the store with feather plumes and beads hanging from around the doorway. “Now git, lone Wolverine.”

“Ahh, oh baby, I’m gone,” he said as she could see that he caught her imaginary thought balloon.

She watched Logan head off to the stores and she went to take care of her needs in the restroom. A quick washing of her hands about ten minutes later, and she went on a little shopping trip alone. She stopped in to Royal Street Sweets, a shop with old-fashioned hats and masks. Marie found her a nice, shimmering blue and green mask, with red plumes and rich purple coils. She purchased it, thought it would go great with the black teddy lingerie that she found Jubilee packed for her in the backpack. Just for kicks she bought variably sized Mardi Gras beads that matched the mask for Logan to play with.


First off, Logan wandered and ended up at the Blue Bayou Restaurant according to the map from his back pocket, and put in a reservation for 9:30 P.M. that night. Then he wandered into Cristal d'Orléans and bought Marie a red crystal rose and had them engrave ‘For Marie, I love you… Logan,’ and the date they met in Ororo’s rose garden for their first date, to be delivered to their room later. What drove the X-Men crazy about the pair, were that they had started dating, after that night but, the unresolved sexual tension between them grew to another level. No one wanted to rush them to cross that invisible boundary into that unsecure part of a new relationship, except for maybe Jubilee. Everybody just ignored her, because she was sex crazed and missing her husband, Remy Le Beau at the time Logan and Marie started dating.

Then he orders a special crystal train engine, like the ones he had seen earlier, to be shipped later to the school when they were completed. It would have been terrible if it had been broken anytime on their trip. Next Logan wandered into Jewel of Orléans, where in the exquisite collection of rare and estate jewelry was held, he found a special ring for Marie. Once again, he felt drawn to it, he couldn’t explain it. He’d bring it up to Marie or Xavier later to see if they could provide some insight. He had just gotten it into his pocket and headed for the front door when Marie came right in the same door with a couple bags and a large round, old fashioned, pink and white striped hat box.

“So, what’d ya get meh, sugah?”

“Just got ya little somethin’ to open back at the room,” Logan said kissed her forehead. Then he spied a parasol cart and blocked from her view before she could see it. “What size do you want, large or small?”

“Ah’m gettin’ hungry, get meh a large somethin’ and ah’ll meet ya at Pirates of the Caribbean,” Marie said, he was glad that she was thinking the opposite of what the question was about.

She headed off down the street to get in line. As soon as she was out of sight he braved a group of people walking slowly by the very place he was trying to get to.

‘Patience, patience. This is for Marie,’ he had to keep reminding himself.


Logan laughed as he thought of Marie eating a large parasol. He walked up to the female employee vender and she instantly blushed at Mr. Hotness of the Year according to Jill’s Playground Magazine. It was a magazine that was like a cross between playgirl and Cosmopolitan. It had naughty pictures, tips for masturbation for girls only, and quizzes in the back.

“C… C… Can I help you, sir?”

“Yeah, one of each, large and small size,” Logan said, smiling in the way that made your knees melt.

“One of each, sir?” She asked as he pulled out his wallet.

“I can’t decide. So, I’ll take one of each, both sizes.”

“Okay, sir, and would you like anything painted on them? A name? Doves? Flowers,” she asked, seeing the money rolling in on this commission.

“Yes, on the all the large write, ‘Marie,’ written in gold lettering if you have that color.”

“Sure, I’ve got it. Would you like anything on the small ones? When would you like to pick these up? It takes about an hour for the paint to dry.”

“Can I have them delivered?”

“Sure, if you’re staying at the hotel, I’ll need your room number and they will be delivered there.”

“Actually, I need them delivered to this address,” Logan said as he wrote the school address on the slip of paper on her clipboard.

Logan shelled out $300 dollars out for the parasols and for the shipping costs to get them to the school. He was glad he had filled his wallet by going out on a two week fight circuit of his own making at the end of November, early December. It also helped him pay for his Christmas presents. The employee vendor gave him a receipt once she had everything written down and asked him for his autograph on his centerfold after she had pulled the magazine out of her tote bag with her lunch. He was quite shocked at the photograph and wondered where it had come from. There was only one he could think of, Jubilation Lee Le Beau. She was going to have to answer for this surprise when they got home. He graciously signed it with a scribble that looked like Wolverine and three claw marks under it. Then Logan went on his merry way, when he saw Marie coming back towards him.


“Hey sugah, the rahd is too busy raht now. Ya got ta see this. This is cool. Ah just found this machine that gives out passes fer tahms ta come back and ya git ta cut through tha lahn fastah ta a separate line.”

“Fast passes, yeah. I saw ‘em on the map.”

“So, where’s tha food?”

“Actually, I was hopin’ to take ya to lunch pretty soon so, I didn’t get anythin’.”

“Oh. We don’t have-ta be back heah ‘til 10:45, so let’s go ride somethin’ else,” Marie said.

“Got somethin’ you could ride right here, baby,” Logan whispered in her ear.

“Latah sugah. What do ya wanna do now? If we do all tha wet rides, then we can drah off in the sun without havin’ ta change, because it’s goin’ ta be chilly later. Ah brought a sweatshirt fer both of us if we got cold latah in mah bag, ah also brought a towel from tha room.”

“As much as I’d like to have you in a wet t-shirt darlin’, it’s too early. Let’s wait until before lunch. Then we can cool off and eat.”

“Fahn by meh.”

“I’m goin’ to the Indiana Jones ride, you wanna come?”

“Nah, ah’m goin’ ta hang out in Tarzan’s Tree House, and wait fer mah Wolverine Tarzan…” Marie winked and blew a kiss to Logan.


Marie watched him catch it and head off to get in line. She watched him go, just long enough to sneak past him into the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost. She bought him an, ‘Indy,’ Hat, a whip, and a jacket in his size. She decided to have it shipped to the school instead of having it delivered to the room and then she would have the room to do more shopping. The hard part would be hiding all the packages she was having shipped to the school from Logan; that was if she could remember everything she had bought. Then she wondered how much Logan had bought. Once she had her receipt, she headed to the tree house. Marie climbed to the top and called Ororo’s cell phone.

“‘Ro, it’s Marie. Where are ya’ll?”

“We’re about to disembark from the Jungle Cruise. Where are you?”

“Ah’m at the top of Tarzan’s Tree House and Logan’s in lahn fer, ‘Indy’. How’d it go this mornin’?”

“Just fine, Charles made it clear that we hall had to be there at three,” Ororo said.

“Yeah, ah just hope this all goes well. Ah’ve been tryin’ not ta let mah tummy get buttahflies.”

“It will Marie, just believe.”
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed your two presents for the weekend.

Hit the review button and tell me all about it. I hope to have more up soon!

Hugs!