~Chapter 5~

Rolling over and finding her roommate once again missing, Jubilee slowly sat up. Retreiving her glass off the nightstand, she headed down towards the kitchen.

The moment she stepped free of the grand staircase, she froze. There in the living room sat a sad and silently crying Rogue in the window seal. Placing the glass down on the coffee table, she walked over.

"Chica, what's wrong?" She asked, sitting opposite of her.

Pulling her hands into her lap due to not being covered, Rogue refused to look at her.

"Is this about Bobby and Kitty?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"Ah'm so damaged, Jubes. Telling all of ya'll what Ah did and been through, made me actually see it." Locking gazes with blue, a tear fell. "All this time Ah wanted to fit in and the moment Ah do, Ah'm the biggest outcast there is."

"That't not true, Roguey. There are many other students here who came from labs and I'm sorry for saying this, but they actually was faced with the same things as you. The only difference was, your mutation protected you from the one aspect that many girls found themselves in. I know that's not a hugh plus, but there are others who can relate to you."

"Did any of them kill almost two-hundred people, Jubes?" She lowly whispered.

Eyes going wide, she could only shake her head.

"The doctors would make me drain and kill people who they couldn't trust and Ah was stuck with them in my head. Over the years, Ah began to withdraw into myself and just accept that was my life."

"What changed?"

"Clara, Lance, Joey, and Mike. The day they were brought in, the doctors wanted me to drain them for information. Clara seeing the pain and emptyness in my eyes, relented and they soon became the new residence. During our time in the labs, she got me to open up and we leaned on each other for help and support. We didn't know each other's mutation, but that didn't matter. What we were experiencing and going through, bonded us."

"And the escape attempt?"

Smiling despite the tears falling, Jubilee couldn't help but feel such awe for her friend in that moment. Even though she went through a living hell for four years, she still could find something about it to bring happiness to herself.

"It was Lance's idea. We were always in the lab where they injected us with chemicals and decided to play weak and as if we could hardly move. The doctors bought it and didn't strap us down tight as they normally would." Looking out the window, she shook her head. "Lance was so full of himself. The moment he got out of the restraints, he threw two men into a wall and gave me a wolfish smile....Ah can still see it, ya' know? He had this twinkle in his eyes that was there no matter what. Even when he was in so much pain and on the brink of blacking out, he would always try to reassure me. And when Ah saw it, Ah knew all would be okay."

"You had feelings for him?"

Sighing, she shook her head. "No, but Ah did care for him."

"Did he know that?"

She nodded. "But he always said he could win me over."

"Let's just hope he'll listen to his sister, when we find him."

Smiling, she nodded.

"Now, what was it I heard that Logan was in ya' room when Bobby came and got ya?" Jubilee teased, playfully hitting her leg.

Rolling her eyes, Rogue sighed. "We kissed, okay?"

"OH MY GOD! You kissed Mr. Sex-On-Legs? I'm so jealous and....Wait! How did you two kiss when...I mean, your skin and..."

She shrugged. "I don't know. But we did for over a minute or two and then the draining started."

"How was it?"

"I'm not telling."

"Come on! I told you about me and John making out in the past." She whinned.

Laughing and standing, Rogue folded her arms and attempted a mad face. "Only if you make me one of them fruity drinks, you always insisting that I try?"

Face lighting up, Jubilee squeeled and began to push her towards the bar accross the hall. "First, we need some vodka and then we can finish it in the kitchen. Oh, and hope your not a light weight, chica. I'm known for geting a little carried away, with the liquer."

Saying a silent prey and allowing the small Asian to lead her away, Rogue just knew this was going to bite her in the ass.
*************************************************************************

Entering the breifing room, she groaned at the bright light. Spotting the last open seat that was beside a smirking Logan, she plopped on down.

"Now, that everyone is here, I would like to begin." As a male figure appeared before them in the 3D hologram, Xavier observed her frozen face. "Yes, I found Lance. He now goes by Avalanche and is working with Magneto, but to my understanding he doesn't know it. Mystique has brought together a group of young mutants and welcomed them into a house. They do as she wishes and in return, she gifts them with everything they want and..."

"Has he killed anybody?" Clara voiced, entering along side Beast.

"I'm sorry, but I do not know."

"Do you know where he's at?"

He nodded. Pressing a button the hologram changed and an old house was revealed. "I planned on a small retreival team to go."

"I'm going."

"Of course...Now, I would like Scott, Jean, and Logan to be ready within the hour and..."

"Wait! Anna's not coming?" She demanded.

Looking down the table to a pale and annoyed female, Xavier shook his head. "She's in no condition to, my dear."

"But she has to."

Standing, Jean frowned. "Clara, your brother will most likely come if he sees you and..."

"It's not a garentee."

"What do you mean?"

"You know why you have to come." She voiced, walking towards her.

Slowly coming to her feet and leaning on the table due to her legs being unbalanced, Rogue sighed. "Things change. Lance..."

"Was in love with you and always will be." Folding her arms, she frowned. "Stop acting like you don't know. If it wasn't for him taking them bullets, you would've been dead. Now stop pussy footing around and help me help him. You don't even have to say anything. No matter where you were in them labs, he always found you." Looking down and spotting her key chain on her hip, she smirked. "You can try to fool me, Anna. You may never had returned his feelings, but you cared for him none the less. That little charm, is proof enough."

Rolling her eyes and pushing past her, she headed for the door. Pausing, she slipped her sunglasses back on. "Meet ya'll in the jet." And with that, she was gone.

Shaking her head, Jubilee smirked. "You gonna have one hell of a cranky chica on ya' hands girl."

Clara simply shrugged. "Nothing I can't handle. I had her with a knife to my neck threatening to kill me. This will be a piece of cake." Laughing at their shocked faces, she stalked off.

"This is turning into one hell of a crazy welcome." Scott voiced. "I thought you and your past would destroy us, but her's?"

Logan took a sizable gulp from his beer he had hidden under the table. "Me too, bub. Me too."
**********************************************************************************
Hearing the sound of her emptying her stomache yet again, Clara sighed. "I feel bad for making her come."

Jean smiled. "Don't. She shouldn't have been drinking with Jubilee in the first place. I don't know what she was thinking, but..."

"No, I mean for talking her into coming. Because if I know my brother like I do, he's going to attack and she would be the one to bring him to his knees." She stated.

Checking their coordinates, Scott, frowned. "Rogue would never do that, unless it was the last resort and..."

"It may come down to it." Turning and watching as the one in question walked over and placed her tooth brush and mouth wash in her bag, she sighed. "Rogue knows it may as well and that's why she didn't want to come."

"Well, we'll find out soon. We're landing now."

Falling silent, all soon exited and found themselves exiting the woods and nearing the house. Just as Jean moved to open the gate, a hugh man opened the door.

"You got the pizza?" His heavy voice sounded.

Opening her mouth to reply, a tall and lean boy with shoulder length brown hair popped him in the head.

"Does it 'look' like they have a pizza, Blob?"

Studying them, he shook his head.

"Get ya' hungry ass back in the house, before I..."

"Lance?"

Tensing and turning around, he gasped. "Clara? How did you...I mean...What do you want?" He finished in a gruff voice, as three new figures emerged from the house.

She frowned. "What do I want? I want my brother back."

The short and slim dude with slicked frost locks smirked. "Sorry to inform you, babe, but he's part of our little happy family now."

Lance narrowed his eyes. "Don't call my sister, babe."

Pietro shrugged. "Whatever."

"You got your answer, so leave. " The female in a red sleeveless trench coat stated. "We don't need drama."

Catching a fly, Toad smirked. "You tell them, Wanda."

"You agree with anything she says, dumb ass." Pietro voiced.

"Cram it, brother. I'm not in mood for this. I'm going to bed and I better not wake up." Turning and pausing in the entrance she cleared her throat. "Get in here and give him a minute alone."

"But Mystique said..."

"I don't give a rat's ass what she said. Now get in here, before I make you." Tilting her head and revealing pink glowing eyes, they bulted for the door. Blinking it was gone. Smirking, she faced a pale Lance. "Do what you want, but don't wake me up." And with that, the door closed.

Sighing, he slowly descended the steps and exited the gate. Folding his arms and leaning on it, he eyed her. "Can't say I'm not happy to see you alive."

Clara smirked. "That's good to hear." Face instantly droping, she frowned. "Joey's dead, Lance."

Hands falling to his side, he narrowed his eyes. "Is this some kind of trick to..."

"No! When they rescued me and Mike from the lab, he was...Mike said that he was dying and begged him to...there was nothing left, but ashes." She lowly finished.

"How's Mike?"

"He'll be fine. A little food and time, he'll be back to normal." Jean voiced.

Noding, he released a breath. "I'm happy to see you, Clara, but I'm not going with you."

"But..."

"No. I can't. Mystique helped me when they were going to kill me and I owe her my life. Just go and forget about me." Turning, he opened the gate.

"Not even for me, Lance."

Freezing, he knew that voice anywhere. Looking over his shoulder, he found a warm smile on her face. "Anna?"

Noding and stepping from behind Logan and walking towards him, Rogue smiled even more.

Pivoting on the balls of his feet and rushing over, he crushed her to him. Taking in a deep breath of her cherry blossomed shampoo, he smiled. "I thought about you everyday, since I've been out."

Hesitantly returning it and being careful of her skin, she rubbed his back. "How you been?"

Pulling back and scratching his head, he sighed. "I'm better then we were."

Noding and taking a step back, she eyed him. "Won't you at least come back with us and see Mike? You wont have to stay, it's your choice."

"And you?"

"What about me?"

"Do you live with them?" He voiced, motioning towards the three silent people.

She nodded.

"Then I guess I can stay a few days." He mumbled.

Clara smiled. "Thanks. Mike really wants to see you."

"No need to thank me." Lacing his fingers with her's, he smirked. "I just can't picture leaving my girl all alone." He stated, pulling her closer.

Seeing that twinkle in his eyes, Rogue frowned. "Lance, you don't mean that." She stated, trying to pull her hand back.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?"

"That? Act like I mean something to you, then push me away."

She frowned. "Ah...Ah don't mean to, but Ah do have feelings for you."

"As what, exactly?"

"Like a...brother."

Jerking back and pulling her glove off, he threw it to the ground, in anger. "A brother? So, when you came to me and confessed you was scared all them times and I held you, it was only brotherly?"

She nodded.

"And when I sheilded you with my body and took them bullets for you, that was brotherly?"

Again she nodded.

"You are so full of shit, Anna. I thought you were different, from all the upitty girls who looked down at me." Glaring at her, he started to visbly shake. "I thought we could actually have something, but I guess I was wrong."

Feeling the ground under her feet start to shake and quake, Rogue did a back flip. Looking at where she stood and noticing there was a hugh hole, she gasped. "You tried to kill me."

He shrugged. "You broke my heart."

"Let's go, before this gets ugly." Scott stated.

Noding, Jean started to walk off, when suddenly a hugh wind wrapped around them. Turning, she found Clara eyes glowing, as a barrier surrounded them. "What are you..."

"Look down, Jeanie." Logan growled.

Spotting a hugh crack that seemed to stop at her barrier, she frowned. "He's trying to kill us."

"Yup." Fixing her gaze on her friend, she sighed. "You have to."

Staring into his angered face, Rogue silently nodded. Seeing the barrier open before her, she slipped through. Walking around it and facing him, she sighed. "Lance?"

Eyes swirling towards her, they narrowed. "What now? Isn't breaking my heart enough for you and..."

"You said you can change my mind, Ah'll let you."

"Just like that?"

She nodded. "Anything."

"Anything?"

"You name it."

Smirking, he eyed her up and down. "Okay, then. I want a kiss."

Already knowing what he would say, she gave a d nod and walked over. The moment she was within reaching distance, he snaked an arm out and pulled her to him. Running a hand down her back to land on her waist, he gave a smirk as she gave a shiver to his touch.

"You like tongue?"

Looking over her shoulder at Logan who raised an eyebrow, she blushed. "Never...uh... thought of it, truthfully." She replied, facing him.

"I'll change that." And with that, he leaned down.

The moment their lips connected, the pull started. Eyes going wide, he began to shake. Skin starting to split and blood running free, pain errupted through his whole body. Seeing this, Rogue tried to push him away, but found she couldn't. As more and more of his memories continued to course through her, she gave a stump of her foot and the ground they were standing on started to grow.

As the memories continued to assult her, she got glimpses of him and his siblings childhood. All four of them were known as the outcast and was often mistreated by others. Lance had so much hatered and anger in him, that she felt it down to her soul. They grew up in the country in a rather poor small town and from the looks, they worked on a farm further out to help their family. Then there was him and his brothers beating some guy, as a young Clara around twelve screamed for them to stop. Next came their family being killed and Mike being knocked unconcious as they were all herded into a van.

And then there was her.

From the moment he saw her, he thought she was the most beautiful girl he ever seen. Even with her eyes so dead and in rags, she screamed to him for his attention. In quick flashes, there were images of him and her hugging and sharing words.

As more things flew past her naked eye, Rogue saw a smirking Mystique holding her hand up. And then came what she didn't want.

His love for her, the moment he saw her a second ago. In his mind, she was even more of a vixon and temptress. All he wanted was to run his hands over every inch of her body and...

Sensing that the life force started to slow down and she was killing him, she jerked back and watched him crumple to the earth. Falling to her hands and knees panting, she stared down at her shocked friends. Draging herself to her feet and standing, she out streatched her hand and gave a deafening stump. With dust flying and swirling all around, her eyes rolled back as she once more brought them level.

Within in seconds it was over and she once more started to pant for air.

"Uh, Anna? Can you kind of get rid of this little problem?" Clara yelled, as she struggled to hold the barrier up.

Staring at the crack that threatened to widden and swallow them, Rogue quickly gave a stump and tilted her head. Tracing where it met the barrier, she focused on making it close up. As she continued to seal it and leave the earth unbothered, she suddenly started to feel drowsy as blood ran from her nose in small rivers. Falling to her knees and steadily picturing it in her mind, she slowly saw it closing up. Having her headache grow by the minute and feeling drained, the moment the earth shut, she collapsed.

Rushing over, Logan pulled her in his arms and brushed her hair to the side. "Marie? Marie, can you hear me?"

Kneeling and placing a hand on her head, Jean sighed. "She's just sleeping. The boost she got from him was too strong for her psyche to take. With his personality so vivid and wild, she has to supress it."

"Meaning?"

Standing, she eyed the crying female craddling her unconcious brother. "She wont wake up, until she can fully keep his personality locked away without risk that he will take over." With nothing more to say, she headed over to access Lance's injuries.

Coming to his feet with her limp body, Logan frowned. "The things you get yourself into kid, is going to get you killed."

"Luckily she has you." Scott snarkily stated, eyeing the house for the others.

"Go to hell, One Eye." Turning he headed for the jet.

"See ya' there, hairy." He replied, as he gathered the boy and followed after him.
*****************************************************************************

Popping the top off his beer and exiting the elevator, he headed for the medical bay. Upon entering, he found a slumbering Clara in the same chair as the night before. Shaking his head and walking towards the third bed, he frowned. "She hasn't moved."

Placing a chart down, Beast sighed. "I've been monitoring her and even Xavier been down here, but there is no change. He can't help her. From what we gathered, her time in the lab has helped her adapt some kind of mental barriers and those are why she is still in this coma like state."

"So you don't know how long she'll be like this?"

He shook his head.

Returning his attention back towards her, he grabed her hand.

"May I ask a personal question?"

Giving the furball and look, he raised an eyebrow.

"Are you and Rogue together?"

"I don't know."

"Oh." Moving towards Lance and peeling off the bandage on his jaw, he frowned. "Her mutation sure ass hell don't show any mercy. I wouldn't want to make her mad."

Recalling their kiss, Logan faced him. "I kissed her two days ago and her mutation didn't kick in for a good three minutes. Yet, when he kissed her, it was instantly. Why is that?"

Eyes going wide, Beast quickly rebandaged the young guy and rushed over. "If I may ask, can you touch her face? I just want to see if it's the same as she is unconcious."

Frowning, he reached out and palmed her face. Instantly going ridgid, he moved to jerk back, but remained as it suddenly vanished.

"Remarkable. It would seem, that her skin recognizes you and..."

"Shit!" Holding his hand, that started to gain color, he eyed him. "Whatever the hell it is, that's the same thing that happened when we kissed."

"I'll need to tell the professor. He may actually beable to help her control it and..."

Sitting bult up and breathing hard, Rogue eyed them. Touching her cheek and looking to Logan, she frowned. "Did you touch me?"

He merely nodded.

"Ah felt it and...Ah felt how worried you were."

"That's what woke you up?" Beast stated.

Shaking her head, she ran a hand through her hair. "My inner Logan that Ah taken from him became more solid...more...there. He just...He helped me push Lance back in his door."

"And did he return to his own door?"

Lowering her gaze, she shook her head. "No."

"Why didn't he?"

"He doen't have one. Ah give him free reign in my mind and he helps to keep the others inorder, incase they threaten to break out."

"That's remarkable." Beast stated. "I'm going to go see Xavier and I shoudn't be gone long."

Watching as he left, Logan slowly took a seat beside her. "How ya' feeling, darling?"

"Better."

"Good, but can you say that while looking at me?"

Releasing a breath and facing him, she sighed. "Ah'm better."

"Now, what else did you see when I touched you?"

Blushing, she looked away.

Smirking, he eyed her. "You saw through my eyes, how I see you. And you know I'm not scared of ya' skin and I'm the furtherest from being disgusted by what happened and the scars you bare. To me, they show the trials you had to face to become this strong woman I see before me."

Chancing a look up, she gasped at the raw emotion in his eyes. "Logan..."

"Yes, darling?"

"Why me?"

"I would think that should be obvious by now."

"Say it."

Leaning closer and brushing his lips across her's, he stole a chaste kiss. "I see myself in you and I don't have to worry about hurting you. For the first time in fifteen years, I have someone I don't have to lie to and know what I been through. We both have horrible pasts, be it that I can't remember, you have come to mean a great deal to me, kid. From the moment you looked at me back in the cage, I knew we were the same." Running a hand through her hair, he smiled. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, you gave a reason for this brute to love and I love you, darling."

Blinking as tears fell, she closed the distance and claimed his lips.

Pulling her closer and tangling his fingers in her hair, he deeped the kiss. Licking her lips and having her open to him, he groaned as their tongues met. Hands trailing down to her slender waist, he slid the blanket off and sat her on his lap. Positioning her to straddle his hips, his hands massaged her mid drift that was showing.

Turning away to catch her breath, she moaned as his lips scorched a path to her neck, where he proceeded to nip and lick her. Everywhere his mouth went, a blaze of fire woke in it's place. Grabing a fist full of his hair, she forced him back to her lips. She just loved the feel of them. They were so soft and demanding, that she couldn't get enough of them. Tugging his hair back rather hard and earning a growl, she smiled into their lips. Damn she could get use to that.

But it soon came to an end, when her mutation kicked in.

Jerking back and removing his hands and placing them on her covered theighs, he smirked. Smiling, he moved to nip her neck, when someone cleared their throat. Turning around and making move to yell, he sighed. "What is it now, Chuck?"

Moving in their direction, Xavier eyed them. "I now see what Beast spoke of and I know that was well over, three minutes." Pausing, he eyed two shocked people a bed over. "Please, I apologise for their behavior and..."

"How can you kiss him without killing him?" Clara demanded, as Mike looked on confused.

Pulling back and standing in her two piece pant suit, Rogue shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

Narrowing her eyes, she frowned. "You didn't have to hurt him this badly, did you?"

"Clara, Ah..."

"She has no control over her mutation, it has clearly taken in Logan's touch and been able to identify him. It still attacks him, but only after a certain time period." Beast replied. "So you see, Lance would've still been effected, just as badly."

Slumping in her seat, she frowned.

"Ah'm gonna go and change." Rogue replied, pushing her hair from her face.

"When you both are done, meet me in my office." Xavier stated, moving towards the slumbering boy.

Noding, she headed out with Logan in tow.
*************************************************
What do you think? Did I make Logan too soft? I'm going start adding more about her past so let me know before I start to do all that.