~Chapter 3~


Descending the stone steps and entering darkness, Rogue paused. Reaching out and running a hand over the wall to her right, it caught on something.

CLICK

Instantly, the corrider became lit.

Releasing a breath and all entering a small chamber, that seperated into four doors, she faced them. Shooting Scott a look, her gaze lowered.

"You all still have your maps and from what Rogue said, we have at least thirty minutes to get out of..."

"I hear rapid feet above." Logan voiced. "We may not even have that. Let's just get this over with, boy scout."

Narrowing his eyes, he gave a tight nod. "Keep in touch through the earpiece and signal when you are on your way out."

Noding, the room quickly became empty.
***********************************************************************************

Summoning her mutation as did John, both ran down the steps. Continuing down in a spiril, she cursed as she ran into a wall.

Laughing, he shook his head. "Damn Jubilation, how many puffs did you take this morning?"

Narrowing her eyes and sending a little flare his way, she watched him fall flatt on his ass cursing. "What was that, torch?" Walking past him, she gave a sway to her hips and continued.
******************************************************************************
Decending the last landing and feeling a sudden drop in temperture, Scott ran his flashlight over the room. Finding a door that held a pad lock, he smirked. "Stand back Storm."

Taking the light and stepping back, she nodded. "Go ahead."

Adjusting his visor and pressing the switch, a red beam flashed.

Stepping past him and entering,she tripped over a rusted old chain. "We just had to get the one that's frozen, right?"

"You can't..."

"Do nothing and we are too deep underground for me to summon lightening." Eyeing him, she frowned. "Think you can chip some of it off, without hitting the girl?"

Studying the blond young woman, he rubbed his neck. "Only one way to find out." He replied, reaching for his visor once more.
**********************************************************************************

Coming around yet another bend, she sighed. "Bobby?"

Continuing down the path, he gave her hand a squeeze.

"Do you think she knows?"

Haulting in his step, he faced her. "No. Why do you think that?"

"Because of what she said during briefing, an hour ago."

Sighing and pulling her towards him, he smiled. "Don't think about that. It means nothing and..."

"When are you going to dump her, Bobby? I'm tired of sharing you." Folding her arms, she glared at him.

"Sharing? She is more in the friend catagory and you know that. You are my true girlfriend."

Rolling her eyes and passing him, she laughed. "Hurry up slow poke, we have a mission to do."

Following her, he couldn't help but look forward till this was over and she was under him. Keeping that thought in mind, he raced after her.
***********************************************************************************

Eyes cast down, she missed the chip in the step. Foot missing it's target, she started to fall head first. Closing her eyes and waiting for impact, it never came. Feeling two stronge arms around her, she looked up and found worried brown hues staring down at her.

"Are you okay, darling?"

Turning away and giving a nod, she found herself once more up right on her feet. "Yeah... Ah just, didn't..."

"How long were you here?" Logan demanded.

Flinching, she frowned. "Almost four years."

"And the story you told me about running away?"

"Ah was..." Hugging herself, she stared him dead in the face. "Ah was forced into the lab, when Ah was fifteen."

"When did you escape?"

"Two months, before Ah met ya' at the bar."

Turning and running a hand through his unruley hair, he calmed himself and faced her. "How did you get out?"

"A new guard was put on dutey to watch me and he... he came into my cell and tried to..." Head lowering, her whole frame shook with tears.

Pulling her into his arms, Logan placed his chin on the crown of her head. "Christ kid. I wish you would've told me. I would of...Hell I don't know, but I would've been there for you and helped in any way I could."

Steping back and fixing her face, Rogue hugged the leather jacket closer. "Ah just don't want nobody's pity and..."

"Are you forgeting who you talking to? Look at me?"

SNK!

"I got these from a lab and I can't remember nothing from my past, up to fifteen years ago. So you see, I kinda know how you feel, except I can't remember details. And trust me, that's the scariest."

Reaching out as the claws returned, she feather touched his knuckes through her gloves. "Ah kind of forget you have them. You seem so..."

"Normal?" He finished.

"Yeah." She whispered.

Closing his hand around hers, he smiled. "And so are you. You laugh, play, have friends, go to school, and going to graduate if I recall correctly. Even if you can't touch without some material between you, you are normal in every way."

"Not like you."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Darling, sure I can do everything in this world and beyond, but don't forget I'm an animal in the inside. The last woman I was with, walked away with claw marks down her legs and called the police on me. I'm just as normal as you."

Smiling, she gave his hand a squeeze and dropped it. "Ah guess Ah am, but Ah think we have some kids to save." Taking two steps, she paused and eyed him. "Coming, sugar?" Her thick southern accent sounded.

Laughing, they hurried down the steps.
************************************************************************

Shaking her head and viewing her surroundings, Jean sighed. Did they all forget that they may not be able to hear each other, but she sure ass hell could? Running a hand through her hair as she went over what Logan and Rogue said, she now had no doubt she knew about her coneiving boyfriend. Speaking of him, she wanted to disconnect him and Kitty from her head set.
************************************************************************

Coming to a door and finding it open, both shared an uneasy look.

"Ready when you are, sparkie." John whispered.

Rolling her eyes, Jubilee gave a nod and both burst into the room. Hand filled with her little toys, she frowned. "Tell me I'm seeing shit and this room ain't empty."

Relaxing and closing his lighter, he slowly walked about the room. Pausing in the middle and kneeling, he frowned. "Who ever was in here, is long gone."

"Motherfuc..."

"As in dead." He finished, letting the ashes fall through his fingers. "Our water nymph, was permently extinguished."

Frowning, she shakily reached for her ear piece to tell Jean of their findings.
**********************************************************************

Watching as yet another piece of ice fell to the ground, Storm held her hand out. Quickly moving towards her, she frowned. "You got the general out line. I'm going to see if I can get closer to her neck and see if she has a..." Gasping as eyes the clearest of pink stared out, she smiled. "Help me Scott! We need to hurry before she dies!"

Rushing over, both gathered the broken chains on the floor and started to chip and saw the ice down further.
***********************************************************************

Leaping down the last few steps and freezing at the smell of gas, both frowned.

"Is that..."

Bobby nodded. "If I say run, you run. You got me?"

"No, I'm not going to leave you down here to..."

"Kitty! Please!"

Lowering her gaze, she nodded.

Sighing, both entered and found the room drenched in gas as a can sat in one corner. In the middle laid a thin, pale, and bloody body heeving for breath.

"Stay here Kit and..."

"No. We are in this together and we are going to help him as a team." By passing him and stepping in gas, she kneeled on the cot. "Hey. I'm Kitty and I'm here to help you. Can you walk?"

Cracking an eye open, he gave a shake of the head.

Standing, she faced an ill looking Bobby. "You'll have to carry him."

He narrowed his eyes. "What if he goes all firey and the room explodes?"

Glaring at him, she moved to reply when a low voice sounded.

"Not use...fire...pro...mise."

Giving him a pointed look, he rushed over and hefted the boy up. Shocked at his weight, he frowned. "He's as light as...OUCH!"

Pulling her hand back, she motioned for him to follow her. Once they left the room and she glimpsed he was sleep, she rolled her eyes. "Can you at least try to be a little considerate, to keep comments like that to yourself?"

"You're one to talk. You was all cold about Rogue's..."

"Can you like not mention her name around me?" Kitty bit out, as they began the trek back upstairs.

"My bad."

"Yes, your bad. So don't be offended that you'll be sleeping alone tonight."

"Kitty!"
********************************************************************

Coming to an open door, they frowned. Giving her a nod and entering ahead of her, he frowned. "It's clear kid."

Swiftly entering, she eyed the empty room. There were multiple pebbles all over and the stench of blood. Moving to turn around, she spotted something on the bed. Walking over and kneeling, she gasped.

"What's wrong?" Logan voiced, rushing over and sniffing the air for danger.

"Ah know who was in here." She lowly whispered, holding up a charm of praying hands. Clutching it, she visibly shook. "We need to hurry back to the jet, now."

Noding, both tucked tail and headed for the jet.
*********************************************************************

Watching as yet another pair entered, Jean rushed over. Retreiving a blanket and a bottle of water, she helped to clean some of the grit off her.

"She was encased in a block of ice and needs to warm up." Storm voiced, rubbing her arms.

Noding, she wrapped another wool blanket over her shoulders. "What's your name, sweety?"

Teeth shattering, she moved to reply, when suddenly she froze.

Following her gaze, Scott frowned at the boy's condition. "Do you know him?"

She could merely nod, as a tear fell.

Laying him down on a the emergency cot, Bobby sighed. "He passed out the moment I picked him up."

"And he's having a hard time breathing. He needs air and..." Feeling a sudden breeze, he turned and found a barely clad female staring at the boy. "Who is..."

"Clara?" A southern voice rang.
*************************************
Please review and tell me what you think.