Story Notes:
~Note~ This takes place after X1, but there are many changes. I'm in love with Jubilation Lee and had to throw her in. Also, you will learn that Rogue has many issues that she has yet to tell anybody and I kind of changed her age in here. She is actually like 18 and going on 19. I know that it is confusing, but in the 3rd or 4th chapter, everything should be more revealed. Hell, even Xavier don't know. Oh, and I decided to speed her and Bobby's relationship up and Kitty has a stick up her ass. So sorry to all my Kitty fans. So sit back and get ready for a bumby ride. And don't forget to review.
~Chapter 1~

"I know you saw that." Jubilee voiced, glaring at the two people across the room.

Rolling her eyes, Rogue sighed. "He and Kitty are just friends and merely talking."

"And her hand on his?"

"She's just excited about what she's telling him. You know how she gets. She almost got drained last time when she did that with me." Reaching across the table to her cup, she sipped her coffee.

"But she..."

"Can we please just let it go, Jubes. Ah'm tired of all of this. Ah just want to relax before we have to leave out for another mission."

Folding her arms and going silent, she settled for glaring at them instead.
*********************************************************

Shaking her head, she leaned back on the wall. "I see disaster all over this."

"Everyone has to learn from their mistakes and..."

"But she may do something stupid that may harm the students." Jean exclaimed.

"No she won't."

Turning, both found Logan casually downing his beer.

"Why? Because you'll be watching her every move?" Jean sneered, shaking her head. "She's a teenager and no offense, but you have no experience with them. Sneaking out is going to..."

"Then why the only sneaking out, is to my room?"

Eyes going wide, she mirrored a fish out of water. Sighing, Scott wrapped an arm around his girlfriend. "You and her aren't..."

"Finish that sentence and I'll remove what little you have down below." Logan growled, as his claws slid into view.

Promptly closing his mouth, he looked down.

Pleased, the two love birds found themselves alone.
**************************************************************************

Watching as everyone filed into the room, Xavier sighed. "I am terribly sorry for pulling you all from bed, but something urgently just came to my attention."

Stiffling a yarn, Storm pulled her violet robe closer to her body. "It's fine. What's happened?"

Rolling closer to the table and pressing a button, a building was revealed in the 3D holigram. "I received a call shortly, that there is a mutant lab here and all the mutants that reside within, are due to be terminated come noon tomorrow. So you see, why I needed to call this meeting."

"How many are inside?" Rogue voiced, fixing her gloves on her hands.

"Four, but they are said to be elementalists. They each can control one of the elements." Pressing another button, the picture zoomed into a room where four cells could be seen. "Each of these, is a passage that leads to a lower level where they are being kept. I am sorry to send you in, but I cannot tell you what lives behind each one."

Logan huffed. "So you expect us to just go in there and come out unharmed? That ain't going to work Chuck and you know it."

"True, but that is why there will be pairs of two and I advise you to choose someone who can compliment your own gift. For once you enter the lower chambers, you will be on your own."

Everyone in the room began to eye each other.

"If it helps, I will be in the jet viewing the compound and awaiting for your return." Storm calmly added.

Xavier nodded. "Very good, now who will be pairing up and for what element?"

"Scott and me can do wind, professor." Running a hand through her tassled hair, Jean leaned heavily against the back of her chair.

"I guess me and fire cat can take water." John added, poking Jubilee as she dozed off.

"What I miss?"

Sighing, he folded his arms. "I'll fill you in, partner."

Raising an eyebrow, all drowsyness left as she eyed him.

"That leaves fire and earth." Lowering his eyes from blue ones across from him, Bobby grabed Rogue's hand. "We can take fire."

Kitty looked away.

Smiling to herself, waves of glee rolled off of Jubilee rapidly.

"Sorry runt, but if it comes down to her geting hurt, you won't be any use." Logan stated, around a puff of his cigar. "Me and the kid will take earth and you and Kitty handle fire."

Eyes locked onto brown hues, he frowned. "You okay with that?"

Rogue shrugged. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I was just worried, that you would..."

"Bobby, there are more important things then what I think about you and Kitty's friendship. We have a rescue mission to do and that comes first." Looking down, she rubbed her right wrist. "And no one deserves to be mutilated and pumped chemicals through their body. It's just low and dirty."

Everyone froze in their thoughts and eyed the shaking girl.

"Kid, was you ever..."

Jumping up, she frowned. "No...Ah uh...Ah'm going to go and get dressed."

Watching as she about bulted for the door, Logan frowned. Standing there and watching as the door sounded, he couldn't help but realize how little he actually knew about her. Sure she stowed away in his camper and she revealed she ran away and her wanting to see the world, but being in a mutant lab? He just couldn't picture it. Yet, the way she reacted, spoke volumes.

Shaking his head and pushing his thoughts to the back of his head, he focused on the briefing for their mission.
***************************************************************************

Stepping out of her clothes and quickly slipping into a pair of jeans and fastening her bra, she froze. Glimpsing her reflection in the mirror, the shirt fell from her hands. Touching the red and purple scar running the course of her chest to her waist, tears gathered. Tracing the designes that led all over in different paths, Rogue looked away ashamed.

Who was she kidding? No one would want her and Bobby was proof of that. His little nightly recap with Kitty was so obvious, but it was what he represented to her.

A form of normalsy, that made her feel wanted. Even if he was screwing around on her, she could at least say, 'I have a boyfriend'. Yes that sounded aweful, but on some level, she was selfish.

Yet nobody knew it.

She may not be able to touch, but even if she could; who would want someone marked all up. And that wasn't even the half of it. There were more scars that littered her frame and that, Logan's healing couldn't fathom.

Releasing a breath, she retreived her shirt and joined the others.