Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the X-men. All rights belong to Sam Lee, Marvel Comics, and whomever else owns rights. I have not nor will I receive any form of compensation for this story.

Hey everyone. Thanks so much for the reviews so far. It brings a big smile on my face to hear what you like about the story. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Chapter 9

Logan made it to the Northern woods on the mansion grounds before he allowed the full blunt of his anger and pain an outlet. His howl of anguish could be heard from miles away as he unleashed his fury on a near by oak with his claws. The once great oak was nothing but splinters by the time Logan dropped to his knees, his anger spent, but his pain was still great. He threw back his head and cried out in his pain until his lungs burned. The mighty Wolverine cried in his grief until their were no more tears left.

By the time Logan pulled himself together and headed back to the mansion, he was determined to do everything in his power to make things up to Marie. He would be better for Marie and James. They were his life now. No one was ever going to hurt them again or take them away from him. They were his, and the Wolverine guarded what was his.

He knew he had to apologize to Marie for his stupid and hurtful words. Looking back now he couldn't believe he had been so stupid as to have actually uttered those words to her. He had a lot to make up for, but he was determined to win her forgiveness and love back. He would be as open and honest with her as he could humanly possibly be about his feelings toward her. He didn't care what anyone else thought or believed. He screwed up the last time because he believed he was no good for his Marie. He knew deep down that he still wasn't any good for her, his actions last night was enough proof of that, but the chance of losing her again was to great. He couldn't and wouldn't take that chance. No matter what Chuck or Scooter thought. The only person he cared about what they thought was Marie, and he was going to prove to her she should give him another chance.

Logan made it back to his room as the sun was rising from it's bed. He showered and changed before following James's scent, which lead to Scott and Ro's suite. He knocked, then waited impatiently for either Scott or Ro to open the door.

Scott opened the door dressed for the school day. Not even bothering to say anything, he only stood there glaring at Logan. Logan could smell the contempt and anger on the man, and he didn't blame him. Logan knew Scott above all, except Marie had every right to be anger with him, but he wasn't going to let that stop him from doing what he promised himself, starting with taking care of James while Marie couldn't.

After the two men just stood there staring at one another in angry silence, Ro stepped up beside her husband. James was nestled in her arms sleeping peacefully.
"Logan is something wrong?" Ro asked calmly, but concern was evident in her smooth voice and her gaze.

"I've come to get James." Logan stated simply.

"What make you think we're going to just give him to you?" Scott demanded coolly.

Logan held back the growl threatening to escape and forced himself to stay calm, all the while reminding himself this was for Marie.
"He needs to be there when she wakes up. She'll feel more secure if she sees him first thing. You were right Scott." Logan stated causing Scott to look stunned and confused by Logan's words.

Logan knew he had to be open with the man. He didn't care what Scooter thought about him trying to win Marie's love, but he wanted to make sure Scott understood he was sincere in his attentions toward Marie.
"I failed her. I was an arrogant jerked with his head shoved up his backside, but I'm going to do everything in my power to make things better. I'm going to do better in taking care of her, of both of them. I need to be there for them." Logan forced out uncomfortable with being so open with anyone, especially Scooter of all people.

The silence was tense, and awkward for a few moments until Ro spoke, "Of course you are right Logan, having James there when Rogue wakes up would be best. Let me collect his things for you." Ro said pleasantly, then placed her hand on Scott's arm giving it a gentle squeeze before leaving the two men staring at each other.

"Rogue is like a sister to me Logan. I love her, as we all do. If you hurt her or James, I'll do everything in my power to make your life a living hell. I'll see to it that what the government did to you will seem like child's play when I'm through." Scott warned dead serious, and Logan knew it.

"Understood." Logan grunted out giving Scott a sharp nod of acceptance. "I'm not going to hurt either of them again. I love both Rogue and James with everything I am." Logan finally voiced his love for them to someone. He would have never guess he would be spilling his guts to Scooter.

"Love is hard, Logan. It takes dedication and sticking around when things get complicated. If you can't handle that, then leave now before anyone gets hurt worse." Scott warned tightly.

"I can't leave them Scott, I'll never leave her or them again." Logan declared with deep conviction.

Scott was silent as he eyed Logan intently. Right before Ro returned Scott's body relaxed slightly, with resolve. He nodded his head in acceptance. "Make sure you take good care of them." Scott said still upset how Logan had ruined his relationship with Jean, and how that had hurt Rogue as well. However he felt the older man was being sincere. Scott didn't think Logan would leave Rogue or James again.

"Here you go Logan. If you or Rogue should need Scott or I, we will be here to help in anyway we can." Ro said handing James's things to Logan, then leaned down and kissed James little head, then waited while Scott kissed the little boy. "Logan, I am sure that Scott has already told you how Rogue and James are very special to us. I'm sure he has also threatened torture upon you should you cause either of them harm. Let me add my own warning. Harm them and I will make you my own personal lightening rod. Understood?" Ro asked steel coming to her voice and eyes.

"Crystal, Ro." Logan answered readily. Actually he didn't mind Scooter or Ro's threats. It only showed how much they cared and loved Rogue and James. He knew how much Marie loved them as well. He was thankful that Marie had them in her life. They had been there for her when she had needed them. He only wished he had been there for her too.

Ro nodded glad Logan understood. Her serene smile and warmth returned as she laid the sleeping baby in Logan's arms.
Logan looked down at the little boy in his arms, then back up to Ro's warm caring eyes. He gave her a brief, but genuine smile. "Thanks Ro, Scott." Logan said letting his sincerity ring out, then left to await for Marie to wake up.