Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own them, but boy I wish I did.

Thanks to all of you great people who have taken the time to read and review. I'm sorry I forgot to mention this before on Chapter 6, but it slipped my mind, which isn't something unusual for me. But I'm saying it now. THANK YOU!!!
Chapter 7:

"I can't believe he thinks I'm a bad mother. I've done everything myself, only asking for help when absolutely necessary. I choose to breast feed because it what the experts say is the best for babies. I only wanted a little break. Is that so bad?" Rogue asked out loud as she paced the room still holding James in her arms. He was finally starting to drift back off again after Logan and her yelling match.

"I am a bad mom, aren't I?" Rogue whispered in shame, tears falling down her face as she hugged James closer to her, laying her cheek against his little head. "Who could ever need a break from someone as precious as you. You are a gift, and I left you. I'm sorry James, it won't happen again. Mommy promises, Mommy's never going to leave you again." Rogue whispered as she cried into James' hair as he slept blissfully unaware of his mother's grief.

Logan was awaken in the middle of the night by James' cry to be feed. His heart clenched remembering the mess he had made. If he didn't find a way to get Marie to forgive him, and to believe that he didn't think her a bad mother, he didn't know what he was going to do. Not being involved in their lives was not an option anymore for Logan. He loved them both, and needed them in his life.

Logan laid their waiting for the familiar sound of Rogue's bed shifting as she got up to retrieve the little boy for his night time feeding. Logan had watched Rogue breastfeed a number of times, but every time it awed him, and awakened something primal inside him to watch her nurse her baby at her breast. He had imaged her nursing their son or daughter at her breast many times.

Logan frowned concerned when James' cry continued, and still no movement from Rogue. He started to worry that something could be wrong. Getting out of bed, and throwing some sweatpants on, he was planning on checking to make sure everything was alright. James was still crying, and his cries were growing stronger. Logan knew that there was no way Rogue could sleep through the noise, especially when James still slept beside Rogue's bed for easy access for nighttime feedings. Something had to be wrong. James had never cried for this long before.

Leaving his room that was now on the same floor as Rogue's, he headed for her room. It was Ro and Scott running from the other direction toward Rogue's room as well that made Logan really start to grow scared, not just worried.

"Rogue, open the door." Logan banged on her door since he had gotten there first. "Rogue?" Logan banged again hearing nothing inside but James' crying.

"Rogue, we're coming in." Scott called out the nodded to Logan, who extracted a claw and cut the locks, pushing the door open.

Retracting his claw the three of them rushed inside to find Rogue seemly paralyzed in fear as tears streamed down her face. Her eyes wide and an unfocused.
Logan reached out to touch her, but Scott grabbed his arm stopping him. Growling, he turned getting ready to tell Scott to keep his hands to his self.

"Don't touch her skin. She's not safe when she's like this." Scott warned quickly, while pushing a pair of gloves in the older man's hands.

Logan quickly donned the gloves, then went to pull Rogue in his arms.
"NO, Don't touch me, Please God don't touch me." Rogue screamed hysterical grabbing her hair as she cried, causing Logan to stop and drop his hands, feeling utterly lost and helpless, unsure what to do.

"Rogue, Darlin ,you need to calm down. Tells me what's wrong." Logan said trying to figure out what was going on that would have caused Rogue to flip out. He scented the air, but the only thing he could really smell was her terror and James' dirty diaper.

"I KILLED HIM. GOD, I KILLED HIM." Rogue's scream of anguish torn Logan's heart out. He wanted to pull her in his arms and comfort her, but knew he couldn't, so he was trying to think of someway to help her without touching her.

"Killed who darlin?" Logan asked confused who she was talking about.

"It's going to be alright Rogue, it was only a nightmare. You didn't kill him." Scott said squatting down beside Rogue so he'd be eye level with her.
He hoped she be able to see and hear his reassurance that everything was okay. That James was okay.

As Scott tried to sooth Rogue, Logan frowned noticing the walls in the room where starting to frost over with a thin coating of ice. Logan reached over to cut the lamp light on Rogue's bedside table.

Right as he flipped the switch Ro cried out. "Don't."

But it was to late, as soon as the light came on, the light bulb busted and flames shot out the top of the lamp. Ro turned quickly shielding James, who was now in her arms, with her body. Logan quickly jerked the cord from the wall and smothered the flames out with a blanket.

"He's dead. I touched him, God please kill me now. Why am I cursed. I am a terrible mom, I left him, now he's dead. Please Scott don't let them have him." Rogue pleaded desperately. Her eyes wild.

"I promise Honey, nobody will get him. He's safe Rogue, and he's alive. Listen, you can hear him crying." Scott tried desperately to reassure her.

"I killed him. I killed them. I kill everything I touch. I didn't mean to do it, I swear. I didn't want too. Please I didn't mean to do it. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Rogue whimpered with a agonizing groan, curling in on herself clutching her middle.

"Everything is going to be alright, Rogue, Hank is on his way." The Professor reassured coming into the room. Taking Scott's place beside Rogue's head.

"I'm sorry Professor, I didn't mean too. I didn't want to do it, but they made me, I tried to stop, I swear I did." Rogue pleaded hoarsely. Desperation in her voice.

"I know you did my child. No one blames you. We all love you. And you are not a bad mother. James is very much alive and quite healthy. You didn't harm him. Now rest, everything is going to be alright." Charles reassured her with a calm and soothing voice.

"Please don't let them take him away from me." Rogue said hugging herself against the pain coursing through her heart and body.

"Excuse me, excuse me." Hank said hurrying through the gathering crowd outside the door, and into the room making his way over to stand beside the Professor. He was carrying something round and metal in one hand, and a syringe filled with some type of clear liquid in the other. "Don’t fret my dear, everything is going to be alright now. Just relax, no one is going to harm you. It is your blue furry friend, Hank.” Hank spoke soothing and gentle trying to calm his friend so he could help her. “I'm just going to have Scott put the collar on, then I'm going to give you something to help you rest. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Hank asked gently so not to startle her.

"You're going to make the pain stop." Rogue whispered pitifully causing the tears in Logan's eyes to fall.

"Yes, that exactly right my dear. I'm going to make the pain stop. Now just relax." Hank said compassionately as he handed Scott the collar.

Scott carefully slipped the collar around Rogue throat, being cautious just incase she lashed out at him, thinking he was the enemy. Once the collar was engaged and the green light blinked on, letting them know it was working, Hank wiped a spot on Rogue's arm with a cleansing wipe then injected her with the needle. As soon as the medicine entered her body, Rogue was unconscious. Everyone stood silent for a minute before letting out a relieved sigh.

"Shall, I take her down to the medlab Charles?" Hank asked with a concerned frown.

"No, I believe she will be calmer once she wakes up, and sees that James is unharmed.

"Ororo, do we have anything to feed James while Rogue is unconscious?" The Professor asked concerned about the child.

"Yes, Rogue gave us a few bottles before she left tonight. She was concerned that James would become hungry while she was away. It seems now that her over abundance will come in well." Ro said sadly as she tried to calm the baby, as she stared down at her dear friend and once student.

"Yes, if you would be so kind as to retrieve them and see that James is tended." Charles asked.

"Of course." Ro agreed taking James with her as she went to get his bottle. Shooing the gathering older students in the hall, back to their own beds as she went.

"What was all that about?" Logan demand gruffly, now that things were calming down and under control.

"I believe this discussion would be better discussed in my office. If you gentlemen would join me there, we will answer as many questions as we can, Logan without breaking Rogue's trust.

"I'm not going to leave her all alone." Logan growled upset.

"It will be quite some time before Rogue regains consciousness." Hank informed the room.

"Not with her healing factor she won't. It'll burn through that stuff in no time." Logan grunted.

"That is what the suppressor collar is for Logan. It shuts off her powers so we can help her." Scott explained.

"I have asked Jubilee to come and sit with Rogue. She will be here shortly." The Professor told the men.

"Why isn't the girl already here. She's Rogue's best friend." Logan growled annoyed.

"Jubilee and Remy stay in the apartment over the school's garage. She did not know about the situation."

"What's going on?" Jubilee panted as she came into Rogue's bed room to feel the room's cold temperature, and burnt lamp. She took in Rogue unconscious form with the suppressor collar on blinking green.
"Oh no, she had an episode didn't she? She hasn't had one in months." Jubilee frowned, going over to her friend and sat down on the bed beside her, taking Rogue's cold hand in hers. "Where is James, is he okay?" Jubilee asked becoming frightened.

"James is fine. Ro is tending to him." Scott assured her.

"Thank goodness, she would have never been able to live with herself if she accidentally hurt him." Jubilee sighed relieved. Then glared over at Logan. "This is all your fault. If you hadn't opened your big fat mouth this wouldn't have happened." Jubilee snapped hatefully.

"Jubilee, please calm down." The Professor said sensing the girls rising anger directed at Logan. She was projecting the episode from earlier tonight when Rogue had returned. He sighed distressed. "I see."

"What are you talking about Jubilee? How is this Logan's fault?" Scott asked his voice growing hard thinking that if Logan had done anything to cause this he would find a way to make the man pay painfully.

"He already has Scott, trust me." The Professor said in Scott's mind.

"I let my anger and jealously get the best of me. I as much called Rogue a bad mother." Logan owned up to what he had done. He didn't need a tattle tail.

"You son of a …" Scott said his voice low and hard as his fist clenched at his sides to stop him from blasting Logan with his optic blast.

"My office now." The Professor spoke authoritatively and sternly.