Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own them, and don't receive anything for playing with them, except for some happy playtime.
Chapter 6:

Jubilee decided to take it upon herself to get Rogue out of the mansion. Ever since James had been born, Rogue hadn't left the mansion for any reason. She was always within minutes of James. Never asking anyone to baby-sit so she could have anytime for herself. So Jubilee talked to Ro about babysitting while she got Rogue out the mansion for a couple of hours.
Ro knowing how focused Rogue had been about taking care of James, thought a night out on the town would be just what the young mother needed to give her a break. As far as she was concerned, Rogue deserved a little time for herself. Ro readily agreed to watch James for the night, and Jubilee made it her mission to convince Rogue it was time to get out and let loose.

"I don't want to leave James, Jubes. He's only two months old. He's not old enough for me to leave him alone." Rogue argued. Part of her would love a few hours break to enjoy a little adult company, while a bigger part of her didn't feel right about leaving her baby.

"He's not alone, Rogue. Ro and Scott agreed to baby sit for you. They're actually looking forward to it. They also think you need to get out of the house and enjoy yourself some. Nobody is telling you to go out and get drunk, not that you can, which is a total bummer, if you ask me, Chica. Come on Roguey, just for a couple of hours, that's all. Once we get to the club, and you've been there for one hour, if you totally absolutely hate it and want to come back, I promise Remy and I'll bring you home without a single complaint." Jubilee said seriously, eager for Rogue to agree.

"I don't know Jubes. I mean I just don't feel right about it." Rogue frowned looked down at James who was laying on her bed between her and Jubes.

"Come on Chica, you know you want too. Don't make me go get Ro and Scott, and Remy to come help me convince you. Because you know I will." Jubilee said with a smack of her gum. "Heck, I'll even make Hank write you a prescription if I have too." Jubilee grinned.

"What type of prescription do you write for going clubbing with my crazy hair-brained friend?" Rogue laughed.

"A get out of the house and enjoy yourself prescription. Come Rogue, girl, you know you need a break."

After a few more moments of hesitation, Rogue relented, knowing she wasn’t going to win against, Jubes. “It would be nice to get out for a little bit.” Rogue decided, and she did trust Ro and Scott to take care of James. "Okay, but only for a couple of hours, and if I want to come home, you won't fuss or complain. Promise?" Rogue asked actually feeling a little excited about getting out.

"Deal." Jubilee squealed, bouncing on the bed, startling James, bring tears to his wide eyes. Jubilee scooped him up before he could start crying, bring him to her face, and smiling kissing his cheeks and neck, making him forget about his fright, bring a smile to his face. “Aunty Jubes is going to take mommy out for a little while, James. Maybe if she’s lucky, she might get lucky.” Jubilee wiggled her eyebrows while still grinning down at James, who only thought she was funny.
“Jubilee.” Rogue frowned then groaned when Jubes turned her patented naughtily grin at her. “I don’t want to get lucky, and don’t be corrupting my son.”
“Surrreee, Chica.” Jubilee smoothed unbelievingly.


"Are you sure you guys don't mind?" Rogue asked Ro and Scott for the third time since stepping in their suite, starting to have second thoughts. "You know maybe I shouldn't go. James isn't use to falling asleep in strange places. Plus he may need more milk than I've pumped. He can get cranky after you put him down for bed." Rogue said biting her thumb nail as she paced back and forth in Ro and Scott's sitting area.

"Rogue, Honey, everything is going to be just fine. I know you're worried, and this is hard for you. You're only going to be gone for a couple of hours. You deserve this break. We'll take care of James, and he's got plenty to eat. You're not going to be gone for days, just two hours. Now go on, give James a kiss and get going before Jubilee loses her patience and comes storming the gates." Scott said wrapping his arm around Rogue's shoulders, giving her a one arm hug while smiling patiently at her.

"I know, but this is my first time leaving him. I know you guys will take good care of him, I'm just really nervous. You've got my cell phone number right?"

"Of course we do Rogue, it's on our speed dial." Scott smiled compassionately.

"Everything is going to be okay, Sweetie. Just go and enjoy yourself. If you want you can call anytime you get nervous." Ro smiled warmly at the young woman.

"Okay, thanks you guys. Make sure to call me if anything happens." Rogue said going over to James who was in Ro's arms, and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before hurrying out the room before she changed her mind again.

Jubilee was standing outside the door waiting, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed her chest. "It's about time, I was starting to think I needed to form a rescue party." Jubilee grumbled as she grabbed Rogue's arm, dragging Rogue downstairs to meet up with Remy and Rogue's blind date.

"Okay first introductions. Rogue this is Tim, Tim Hess, Rogue. Now let's get out of here before Rogue goes into James withdraws."

"That's not funny Jubes, this is hard for me. I feel guilty leaving him, just so I can go out." Rogue growled annoyed at her friend.

"I'm sorry Chica. I know this is hard, but it's only for a couple of hours, and Ro and Scott will take very good care of him. Everything is going to be okay." Jubilee soothed knowing this was hard on her friend.

"Okay." Rogue sighed. She looked over at Tim and tried to give him a pleasing smile, but found it was forced. She was going to kill Jubes later. She knew she had no care to start dating. However Tim was attractive, and Rogue told herself it was only for a couple of hours. She could waste time at least enjoying some adult company if nothing else.

A hour later, Jubilee had pulled Rogue to the side with a frown.
"Chica, this is suppose to be mommy time. Not talk your date's ear off about your kid."

"I know, but James is all I can think about, Jubes. Plus Tim and I don't have anything in common." Rogue complained, glancing over at her blind date who was talking to Remy.

"Who cares if you have anything in common. You’re not marrying the dude. You're here to dance, drink, and have a good time. Now try to relax and let go, and not thinking as a mommy for a hour." Jubilee ordered, then dragged her back on the dance floor, and nearly shoved her into Tim.

Twenty minutes later the group rushed back to the mansion when Rogue had gotten a call from Scott saying that they had a pickup call. That Logan had agreed to watch James until she got back.
Rogue and the others had barely gotten in the door when Logan barked. "Just where have you been?" A hard edge to his tone.

"Why, what's wrong? Is James okay? Is he sick?" Rogue rushed over to take a waking and fussy James from Logan's arms.

"Who that?" Logan growled as he glared menacing at Tim who was lingering at the door.

"That's Tim, Rogue's date." Jubilee volunteered, not caring for the Wolverine’s attitude.

"Get out!" Logan order harshly. At Logan's snarl, Tim couldn't get out the door quick enough. He tripped down the steps, scared witless.

"Logan, what’s wrong? Has something happened with the team?" Rogue asked having check James for any signs of injury or sickness, but found nothing. She couldn't understand Logan's hostility unless something had happened to the team.

"What's wrong is that you're out gallivanting around, acting like you haven't got a care in the world, while your son needs you. That's what's wrong?" Logan growled accusing.

"I don't understand, Logan. What's wrong, what does he need?" Rogue asked still confused, but growing upset at Logan's attitude.

"He needs you here to take care of him, that's what he needs. What type of mother just goes off and abandon her son, to go partying. Not a good one that's for sure." Logan snapped out, his anger clouding his mind. If he had been thinking clearly he would have just realized he had gone to far.

Rogue flinched as if she had be slapped. She took a deep breath all the while fighting for control that she didn't give Logan the satisfaction in letting him see her cry. She didn't think she could ever hate him, but right now she was very close to it.

Straightened her shoulders, Rogue held her head high as she glared back at Logan with all the righteous anger she felt coursing through her.
"I'm sorry you were inconvenience, Logan. I can promise, you'll never have to worry about James or me ever again intruding on your time. As of this moment on, you won't have to deal with either one of us again except for the team or school meetings." Rogue snapped, holding James close to her as she turned and left everyone staring after her.

Logan was still fuming, but finally calming down enough to realize he had gone to far. Not being able to see her or James again, or hold James in his arms would tear what little remaining heart he had left out of his chest. Adamantium chest or no. Logan turned to see Jubilee glaring pure fury at him.

"Listen Jubilee." Logan started to tell her to mind her own business, but the girl cut him off with as much fury in her voice as was in her eyes.

"No you listen Jerk off, I had to literally drag that girl out of this place tonight. She hasn't seen the outside of these wall for over two months. She has done nothing but worked on her school work, and tend to James. She barely sleeps because of him. She has never asked for anyone's help, because she see's it as taking advantage. No matter how much we try to help her, she pushes herself all day and then she up most the night. If anyone deserves a break it's Rogue. Everyone sees that, but apparently you. She spent the first hour talking her date's ears off about nothing but James. Then I finally get her to relax, and it's not even twenty minutes that Scott is calling about a pick up. That girl, all but burns the rubber off the tires to get back here so she can be with her son. If I ever hear you again saying anything to the affect of Rogue being a bad mom, I'll fry your eyeballs into the back of your head. You can threaten to claw me all you want, Wolverine, but I'm not about to stand here and listen to you bad mouth my girl. The girl in fact that has always taken up for you, who has always wanted you to be happy. The girl who thinks you deserve it. The girl that loved you from the moment she saw you and you've done nothing but been an ass-wipe to her. So screw you Wolverine. I don't know why Rogue ever loved you, what she ever saw in you, but I'm pretty sure she’s starting to rethink that herself. You might not consider Rogue worth much, but to us, she someone very special. And when you mess with someone we consider special, you'll regret it." Jubilee gave her own version of a growl, then turned to Remy. "Come on Remy, let's go." Jubilee said finally feeling the shakes after her burst of anger at the Wolverine.

Remy wrapped his arm around his woman, comforting her, then glared at Logan. "We Chere, the stench is making Remy sick to his stomach." Remy said, his expression letting Logan know he was referring to him.

Logan held his tongue as the couple left. He knew he deserved the tongue slashing. He didn't know what had gotten in to him. Yes he did, he was jealous. He came back from the bar in town eager to watch the hockey game with Rogue and James, to find Rogue gone clubbing with Jubilee. With Ro and Scott taking care of James. He had been expecting Rogue to be waiting at the mansion for him, instead she was off with another man. Logan paced the Rec room for an hour berating himself for his attitude and for his big mouth. He knew Rogue wasn't a bad mother. Heck he was proud of how she was taking care of James. She was a damn good mother.

'You just had to open your big fat mouth, didn't you? Of course she deserves a break. You should have realized it sooner, and done something about it yourself. Instead the Yellow wonder sets her up on a date. Some mate you'd make.' Logan growled angry at himself.
'How am I going to fix this. She must hate me now. There's no way she couldn't. I have to find away to fix things between us. I can't lose them.' Logan told himself as he went to the kitchen in need of a beer to try and think of someway to fix thing with Marie.

He wanted to rush up to Rogue's room, and beg for her forgiveness. But he knew she was to angry, and stubborn thanks to absorbing him twice to listen to anything he had to say tonight.

'Better to let her have some space and time to calm down. Then tomorrow apologize and tell her why you lost your head and opened your big mouth. Hopefully she'll still care about me enough to give me a chance to rebuilt from the damage I've done.' Logan hoped as he drank his entire case of Molson.