Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't know if I need to say this at every chapter start, but I still don't own them or receive any compensation for writing this.

Thanks to the lovely people who took the time to review my story.
Chapter 2:

"Hank are you sure it's safe for me to nurse him? I mean he won't get metal poisoning from the breast milk, will he?" Rogue asked worried as she watched Hank listening to her son's heart and lungs.


"If you wish, I will test a sample of the milk to doubly make sure, but as I told you before, with your healing factor I believe it will purify the milk as it passes through your body."


"It's not that I don't trust you Hank, but I just really want to make sure. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to him, especially if it was because something I did. You know, I just couldn't live with that." Rogue whispered through a tight throat as tears ran down her face. Past guilt starting to surface again.


"Don't you worry my dear, nothing is going to happen to this little fellow. We all are going to be here for the both of you. I don't mind at all double checking to make sure. In fact I would be pleased to check. This way I can test my theory. You know me, I'm always excited at proving one of my theories." Hank beamed at Rogue as he brought her son over to her and laid him down in her arms.


"He's beautiful, isn't he?" Rogue smiled through her tears. Then smiled up at the people she thought of as her family. Storm, Scott, and Hank all returned her warm smile.


"He is a fine looking young man." Hank patted Rogue hand.


"Hank's right Rogue. He prefect." Scott smiled at the young woman he loved as a sister.


"He is going to be the mansion new heart throb." Storm teased with a smiled as she lightly ran her fingers through the little boy's full head of black hair.


"So who was the old one?" Scott asked teasingly.


Ro looked over at Scott with mischief in her lovely brown eyes.
"The Professor, of course." Storm smiled playfully, then winked down at Rogue with a chuckle.


"Scott put his arm around Ro's waist and pouted at her playfully. "And here I thought you were going to say it was me."


"No, you are my heart throb." Ro whispered and leaned over and kissed Scott on the cheek and smiled warmly.


"We're going to go so Hank can run his tests, and so we can tell the others the good news." Scott smiled down at Rogue then leaned down and kissed her head tenderly. "Rest up Kiddo, you deserve it." Scott said as he lead Ro to the door leading out to the waiting room.


"I might as well wait to rest once Jubes has seen him. Can you tell her to get her butt in her so she can see her nephew. Remy too." Rogue said with a smile.


"Sure." Scott smirked.


A few minutes later Scott and Storm came walking out the medlab, both looking exhausted themselves, but wearing huge and awed grins.


"Jubilee, Rogue said to tell you to get you butt in there and see you're nephew. You too Remy." Scott smiled at the two younger adults. He was thankful that Rogue had them. They had been her closest friends and support system through everything the young woman had suffered.
Jubilee squealed as she grabbed Remy's hand and literally dragged him inside to see Rogue and the baby.


"How is she?" The Professor asked concern evident in his voice.


"Exhausted, but she held up extremely well. Hank took the collar off, and she was able to grasp control after a few minutes. Hank wants her on complete bed rest for the rest of the evening and tomorrow until after lunch. It was a long ordeal for her, but she was a trooper." Scott beamed with pride.


"Hello Jean, it's good to see you." Storm said sincerely, however with a hint of awkwardness.


"It good to see you too Ro. I've missed you so much." Jean smiled warmly but nervous at Ro.


"It's good to see you too, Logan." Storm greeted the feral man she had considered a friend whether he knew it or not. She hated that Logan and Jean had hurt Scott with their running off, but she still cared about them.


"Good to see you too Ro." Logan gave a polite nod and small smile at the beautiful serene ebony woman. He had always liked Ro.


"Scott, how have you been?" Jean asked nervously, but sincerely caring about him.


"It's been a hard year, but I'm happy now. Ro and I are married." Scott said and beamed over at his wife of three months. Ro smiled at him with warmth and love and took his hand and squeezed it.


"That wonderful, congratulation to both of you." Jean said glad her voice didn't tremble like her insides at the surprising news.


"Thank you." Ro said with a genuine smile.


"Yeah, congratulations, both of you." Logan said keeping a calm expression, although he had heard the slight tremble in Jean's voice and could smell her tentativeness. His discontentment about his and Jean's engagement soared again. But Logan refused to show anything in front of the others. This was something he was going to have to deal with before they actually said I do. However right now he was to worried and to upset about Rogue to even deal with Jean's reaction to Scott and Ro's news.


"Thanks." Scott said tried to be civil, feeling Ro squeezing his hand harder. He was amazed at how well she knew him even without the benefit to a mind link that he use to share with Jean.


"If you will excuse me, Rogue is asking for me to come meet our newest member to the family." Xavier said as he made to leave the two estranged couples. He was sure they were mature enough to handle this awkward meeting.


"He is a very beautiful boy, Rogue. I am very proud of you." The Professor beamed a fatherly smile at the young woman that meant so much to him.


"Thank you Professor. He is beautiful, isn't he? I can't believe he is finally here." Rogue said with amazement in her voice.


"I'm sure the last couple of months felt daunting for you." The Professor smile kindly at her.


"That's an understatement." Rogue laughed tiredly. "Professor, I was hoping if it was okay with you, I could give him your name. And that you would be his grandfather. But if you rather not, I understand. I just thought that with all you've done for me, for us…" Rogue chocked up, tears coming in hers.


"I'm would be very honored to be considered his grandfather, and for him to have my name." The Professor said with tears in his own eyes. Rogue reached out her hand to the man she came to love. "Have you decided on a name for him?" The Professor asked curious.


"Yes. James Xavier. I'm still thinking on a middle name, but he's James Xavier." Rogue said with a smiled.


The Professor beamed at her and grasped her hand in his and squeezed it reassuringly. "A very strong name. Now we're going to go so you can get your rest. If you should need anything, just call out. Plus I'm sure Jubilee and Hank will be keeping close tabs on you." The Professor smiled teasingly. Hank and Jubilee almost hovered over Rogue during her entire pregnancy.


"I'm sure you're right." Rogue smiled then grinned up at her best friend who was ogling her son who laid in the Professor's arms.


"Rogue, Remy be jealous. Your son has stolen my girlfriend." Remy smirked glancing at Rogue, then back down at the little boy his girlfriend had fallen in love with as soon as she had seen him.


"To bad Cajun, you're not the cutest male in the mansion anymore." Rogue teased then yawned.


"True, to true." Remy sighed with mock defeat.


"Come Jubilee, Remy, let's give Rogue a chance to rest." The Professor said handing the baby over to Hank who laid him in a cart that was next to Rogue's bed.


"I'll be back to check on you, Chica. If you can think of anything you want just let me know, and I'll be you're personal delivery service."


"I'll keep that in mind. All I want right now is some sleep. Something I'm sure I'm not going to be getting much more of in the coming months." Rogue said but everyone could tell by her gently warm smile that she wouldn't mind missing some sleep for her newborn son.



"How is she?" Logan asked as soon the Professor and the others came out. "How is the baby?" Logan asked immediate after his first question.


"They are both well. Both Rogue and James are resting right now." The Professor said with a smile as he thought of Rogue giving her son his name sake.


"James?" Logan asked the name ringing some distant bell in his head, but he couldn't grasp why.


"Yes, James Xavier." the Professor smiled proudly. "She has asked me to be his grandfather."


"That's wonderful Professor." Ro smiled knowing how touched and pleased the Professor was. They had been so worried about Rogue for so long.
Especially the Professor, he had worked with her every day helping her to regain some semblance in her mind again after the horrible episode this past year. Rogue had come to be like another daughter to him, and a sister to herself and Scott.


"It seems this day is full of wonderful surprises." Jean said with a smiled she hoped none of the nervousness she felt. "Logan and I have some news ourselves." Jean said with a forced smile over at Logan, before holding up her left hand that sported the one carat princess cut diamond ring. "We're engaged." Jean beamed.


Ro beamed and reached over and embraced Jean in a tight hug. "That is wonderful news. I am so very happy for the both of you." Ro said pulling back and admiring the diamond ring.


Scott took a deep breath and willed himself to be happy for both Jean and Logan. He knew that he had to forgive them, or it would hurt Ro and his relationship, that was something he wasn't willing to let happen. So deciding to be put the past behind him, he held out his hand to Logan. "Congratulations." Scott said as pleasant as he could muster. It was still forced, but he did mean it.


Logan jerked his attention away from the women who were gushing over the ring to look at the man standing in front of him, hand out stretched. Logan studied Scott to see if he meant it. Logan could tell the word was forced, but Logan couldn't senses any malice in the younger man. Taking Scott's hand, Logan was curious to why the man wasn't trying to blow his head off his shoulders. 'Maybe he just doesn't want to do it in front of Ro.' Logan thought, figuring that was more likely.


"May I also give my congratulations to the both of you. I am very happy for you." The Professor said sincerely. He had sensed Jean trepidation at Scott and Ro's new, plus both Jean and Logan were having serious doubts about their relationship. He hoped they worked things out before they made a commitment to each other. However he would not interfere, it was a personal matter between the two.


"Yeah congrats. We'll we've got people to see and places to go. Later y'all." Jubilee said grabbing Remy's hand and all but dragged him down the hall away from Logan and Jean. She had never cared for the Doctor, and Jubilee still held it against Logan that he had left Rogue. No matter how many times Rogue told her, she only wanted Logan happy, and if Jean was what made him happy, then that's what she wanted for him. Rogue had told Jubilee that no matter how much she loved Logan, she would never want to tie him to her. She couldn't give him the type of relationship he needed, never able to touch each other. To Rogue, if anyone deserved a chance at happiness, it was Logan, and she'd never begrudged him that.