Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own the X-men. All rights belong to Sam Lee, Marvel Comics, and whomever else owns rights. I have not nor will I receive any form of compensation for this story.
Chapter 15

After breakfast, Logan went off to teach his DR classes, Rogue dropped James off with Jubilee, at Jubilee’s insisting she didn’t get to spend enough time with her nephew, so she wanted him all to herself while his Mommy and Daddy were busy for a couple of hours. Rogue gave James a kiss, and smile. “I’m trusting you, James to keep Aunty Jubes in line, while Mommy goes to work on her online classes.” Both Jubes and Rogue giggled when James gave a loud squeal in reply and grabbed Jubilee’s nose. Rogue gave James one last kiss before pulling herself away, and heading off to get some work done.

Knowing that Hank was away from the mansion today, Jean went down to the medlab in search of Rogue’s file. She couldn’t accesses it through the computers, and the hard file wasn’t in with the other resident’s files in the file room. The only other place she hadn’t searched was in Hank’s private office, in the file cabinet that he kept locked. So focused on proving Rogue a liar, she ignored the fact that she was breaking into Hank’s private things, and his trust.

Using her telekinetic power to open the cabinet, she searched through the hand full of files that were of no reference to the students, and under two large boxes of Twinkies. With a victory huff, she pulled Rogue’s file out from under the Twinkies boxes. She started reading, the surprisingly thick folder and frowned at all that she read. The girl had killed and absorbed a number of mutants including her friends. Hank had written down in detail all the powers Rogue now possessed. She had also absorbed Sabertooth at one point. She had been raped and experiment on as well. The last bit of notes that caught Jean’s attention brought a smile of triumphant to her face. There was a note that stated Rogue possibly believed that Sabertooth could be James’s father, because he had raped her about the same time the invitro had taken place.

Jean closed the file and tucked it back into the cabinet making sure nothing looked disturbed before relocking the cabinet.

Rogue looked up from her work as Jean stepped up next to her in the library, where she was working on one of the computers.

“Rogue, I’ve noticed that you and James are scheduled for a wellness check; come on down to the med lab when you’ve finished your work..” Jean said her tone calm and a little to pleasant.

“Thanks Jean, but Hank is James and my doctor. We’re going to wait for him to get back.” Rogue said politely. She felt uncomfortable around Jean, since the whole Jean and Logan break up. Rogue was sure that Jean knew it too.

“It will only take a few minutes of your time. There’s no need to put Hank out, and we have to collect all the data and update the system tonight.” Jean stated, a little annoyance coming through her tone.

“I’d still rather wait for, Hank, thanks anyway.” Rogue stated simply, trying not to let Jean upset her.

“Is this because of what happened between Logan and I. Are you upset that he chose me over you, and left you to go with me?” Jean asked sardonic.

“No.” Rogue frowned knowing Jean was trying to be spiteful and hurt her. Knowing how Rogue had always loved, Logan, even when she was a teenager. “Like I told you, Hank is my doctor, that’s all.” Rogue stated her own voice growing firmer.

“I was your doctor before Logan and I left to be together, there is no need to be so childish, Rogue. It is only a short exam. However, of course, I can understand why you wouldn’t want my checking James.” Jean stated in a tone that screamed, “I know your little secret,” as well as a triumphal look in her cold green eyes.

“What are you talking about Jean?” Rogue asked clearly irritated now.

Jean smiled vindictively inwardly as she sensed Logan coming into the library. However, there wasa hard disapproving frown showing on her face as she glared at Rogue.
“I know your secret, Rogue. I think it’s terrible that you would lie to Logan about something as important as this.” Jean stated reproachful.

“I don’t know what your talking about, Jean. I haven’t lied to Logan about anything.” Rogue snapped, but was concerned that Jean might have discovered something from her mind.

“Yes you did. You’re lying to Logan about James. It’s not right, you have to tell him the truth.” Jean’s demanded in her high and mighty, greater than thou attitude.

“What truth would that be, Jeannie?” Logan growled out from behind her. He heard Jean accusing Rogue of lying to him about James.

“Logan, I’m sorry, I just can’t stand by and allow Rogue to continue to lie to you. Rouge herself, didn’t know if you were James’s father. In fact she believed James was Sabertooth’s.”

“Jean don’t!” Rogue pleaded clearly upset, her hands gripping the edge of her workstation.

“Sabertooth and Rogue had been intimate. I’m sorry Logan, but James is actually Sabertooth’s. It seems that Sabertooth is your half brother. Rogue was only allowing you think James was yours so you’d stay with her.” Jean accused turning to frown at Rogue icily.

“That’s not true!” Rogue demanded jumping up from her chair. She looked up into Logan’s stunned wide upset eyes that were staring at her . “I swear to you, Logan, James is your son.” Rogue pleaded for Logan to believe her.

“She’s lying, even her medical file shows where she stated that Sabertooth was the father.”

“How did you get my file? It was sealed.” Rogue demanded, while her body trembled in anger.

“That doesn’t matter, your lying to hang onto Logan is childish and reprehensible.” Jean snapped feeling righteous.

“Is it true, about Sabertooth?” Logan demanded growling, his claw aching to be released.

Rogue glared at Jean, then face Logan, hating to tell him this.
“It’s true that I wasn’t sure, yes. I told you, Hank tested James. James is yours, Logan, I wouldn’t lie to you.” Rogue said tears streaming down her face, as her body started to shake. The personalities inside Rogue’s mind staring to grow restless, trying to push to gain control, while some wanting vengeance against Jean, and others accusing Rogue of murdering them.

“You’ve lied this whole time. You act so innocent, when you’ve killed two students. You killed Bobby, and St. John, among others. You did it for their powers.” Jean accused hotly.

“That’s a lie. I would never do that. I never meant to hurt anyone.” Rogue yelled dropping to her knees clutching her head. Tears pouring down her face. The library light fixtures started busting all throughout the room. Glass and ember rained down on them as one fixture after another busted.

Logan shielded his eyes from the glass and sparks, then looked down at Rogue. “Rogue, you got to calm down.” He demanded unsure what was the best way to handle things. He was still to upset over the news he just got to think clearly.

“What’s going on in here?” Scott demanded as he came running in seeing Rogue on her knee’s clutching her head, glass all over the floor with sparks floating down all around them.

“I didn’t want to kill them. I would never hurt anyone on purpose.” Rogue cried guilt ridden.

“What have ya’ll done?” Scott demanded upset, glaring at Jean and Logan. Sending a quick message to the Professor about what was going on, then turned barking at the two older adults, “Both of you get out.” Scott snapped before focusing on trying to comfort Rogue. “Rogue Honey, listen to me. You need to calm down. We know you would never hurt anyone. It wasn’t your fault.” Scott coaxed soothingly.

“How can you say that, she killed two students, not including how many more.” Jean demanded outraged.

Before Scott could snap at Jean to shut up, Ro came hurrying into the room with Rogue’s collar.

“Shut up Jean, you don’t know what you’re talking about.” Scott hissed out infuriated.

“Rogue Honey, it’s Ro, can you hear me?” Ororo said bending down beside Scott. “You need to calm down, Child. Everything is going to be okay. We’re here, you’re safe, please Honey, you need to calm down.” Ororo continued to coax softly.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Rogue kept repeating as she sobbed.

Ro pulled Rogue into her arms. “It’s okay, Honey. We know. Everything is alright. Just calm down.” Ororo spoke in soft reassure tones, rubbing Rogue’s head trying to calm the distress young woman, before anything worse happened.

Rogue sagged against Ro seemingly to start calming, but still sobbing uncontrollably. Scott relieved to see Rogue calming, stood up and grabbed Jean’s arm, pulling her towards the door. “Both of you, let’s go.” He commanded in a hard firm voice. Logan stared down at Rogue in Ro’s arms, with a deep frown, knowing he wouldn’t be any good for anything right now, so he turned and followed Summers. Leaving Rogue in Ro’s capable hands.

“Let go of me, I will not be man handled.” Jean yelled trying to jerk her arm loose from Scott’s iron grip.

Scott ignored her until they were outside and away from the library door, then he released her like she was poison.

“What was that in there?” Scott demanded wanting answers to what had caused Rogue to become upset to the point of losing control. She had been getting so much better, only losing it when she had the worst of the nightmares.

“I was confronting Rogue with the truth about James’s real father. It’s not Logan, it’s Sabertooth. It says so in her file.” Jean sneered hotly.

“How did you get in her file. It was locked in Hank’s office?” Scott demanded suspicious.

“What does that matter? The fact is she’s lying and shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it. If she’s lying about that, then it’s a good chance she’s lying about killing the others. Allowing her to roam free is dangerous. There are children here, Scott. She could kill anyone of them, or us to get our powers. She shouldn’t be allowed to keep James. She is unstable as what just happened shows.” Jean stated, glancing at Logan nervously for the first time at his intense growl when she mentioned Rogue not keeping James.

“If she was truly dangerous or unstable Jean, you’d be dead by now. She’s not lying about what happened. She didn’t murder her friends. She was forced to absorb them.” Scott snapped out angrily. At this moment he couldn’t see what he ever saw in Jean. Logan had actually done him a favor by taking her off his hands, so he could find real love and happiness with Ro.

“That still doesn’t excuse her for letting Logan believe James is his, when he’s really Sabertooth’s.” Jean demanded raising her chin defiantly, her eyes blazing, along with her temper.

“Jean, I don’t know how you got Rogue’s file, but I will find out. As for what happened between Sabertooth and Rogue, it’s none of your business. I suggest you stay away from her from now on, as well as for James.” Scott ordered firmly, leaving no room for argument. His tone telling her he expected her to follow his orders, or deal with the consequences.

Jean huffed upset, then stormed off leaving the two men alone.

It was Wolverine that was growling and staring intently at the library door. The animal snapping his attention to Scott when he called the man’s name.

“Logan, you have to decided for yourself. Either you believe Rogue or not. I can’t tell you any more than that.” Scott stated upset, then turned and went back inside the library to help Ro and Rogue.

The Wolverine went in search of James, his cub. Following his scent, he found him on a blanket on the floor between the loud yellow one and her mate in the Rec. room. Wolverine stepped over the annoying brightly dressed yellow one, and picked his cub up, bring him to his nose and inhaling his scent deeply, reaffirming the cub was his.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Jubilee demanded confused and annoyed.

Wolverine glared and growled at her, baring his teeth in warning, then turned and left with James still in his arms.

Jubilee started to go after him, but Remy grabbed her arm stopping her. “Don’t Chere, the man is dangerous right now.” Remy warned serious.

“All the more reason to get James back.” Jubilee argued with her boyfriend.

“No Chere, that boy be the only one safe right now with the Wolverine. That not be, Logan.” Remy warned concerned to what had brought the Wolverine to the surface.

“I promised Rogue, I’d take care of James.” Jubilee said pushing Remy’s hand off, and jumping to her feet.

“Let them go, Jubilee.” The Professor said seriously coming into the room with them.

“But…” Jubilee hesitated a worried frowning on her face as she looked at the Professor.

“No Jubilee. Wolverine is bonding with James. He just learned about Sabertooth and Rogue, and James possibly being Sabertooth’s. Wolverine is staking his claim on the child. James is perfectly safe, I assure you. I am monitoring both the Wolverine and James. Rogue will collect them when she is calm.”

“How did he find out about, Sabertooth?” Jubilee asked knowing her best friend hadn’t told him yet.

“It seems Jean was the one who informed him.” The Professor answered distressed. He hadn’t believed Jean would be so jealous that she would go out of her way to hurt Rogue so maliciously.

“The only way for her to know that was if she read our minds, or if she looked into Rogue’s file which Hank keeps locked in his office. I don’t trust her Professor.” Jubilee declared upset.

“I’m afraid Jean has made a grave mistake. Let’s hope she will see the error of her ways before it is to late.” The Professor said concerned it may already be to late.

“How is Rogue?” Jubilee asked worried.

“Distressed, but she was able to be calmed before any great damage was done. The library was in need of updating lighting anyhow.”

“All the lights?” Jubilee frowned upset, knowing it must have been bad for Rogue to lose control. She had been getting so good about keep calm normally.

“Yes, thankfully the computers were spared. Scott and Ororo are with her now.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for everyone who has taken the time to read and review. Big THANKS to Melancholy Rogue and Serafim for reviewing the last chapter. You two are Wonderful, Wonderful people. :oD