Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own the X-men. All rights belong to Sam Lee, Marvel Comics, and whomever else owns rights. I have not nor will I receive any form of compensation for this story.

Hey Everyone.

A special thanks to serafim who was kind enough to review chapter 13. Your support means a lot. Thanks for continuing with me. I hope you enjoy this next chapter.
Logan came to collect Marie and James for breakfast the next morning. He wanted to spend as much time with them as possible before his morning danger room classes with the senior kids. He knocked on her door, waiting for her to open it or call out for him to come in.

“Come in.”

Logan stepped inside, with a smile to see Marie sitting in her glider nursing James.

“Darlin, you should find out who it is before just telling anyone to come in. What if it had been that Remy guy, or Scooter. They’d see you all exposed like this.” Logan said not liking the idea of the other men seeing his Marie like this.

“I knew it was you, Logan.” Rogue told him. “Anyway, they’ve already seen me breast feeding James. It’s kind of hard when he eats almost every two hours.”

“Still, I don’t want them or other guys seeing you like this. This is private and personal.” Logan’s voice taking on a growling tone.

“I always put a blanket over us, so they can’t see anything. It’s not like I’m exposing my breast just any ole time.” Rogue stated tartly, her own voice taking on it’s own gruffness.

Logan heard the warning tone, and backed off. “I know, I’m sorry Darlin. I just don’t like all these guys getting a peek at you. I’m just jealous again. I know you’re not out flashing everyone. It’s just seeing you like this, nursing our son, is special, you know.” Logan said trying to explain to her how he felt.

Rogue relaxed sensing Logan was only feel possessive over her and James. “It’s a natural thing, Logan, but I do cover up when I’m out in public, and I knew it was you. What are you doing here anyway?”

“I came to see if you guys wanted to join me for breakfast?”

“Well James is way ahead of you on breakfast.” Rogue teased running her bare fingers through James’ thick black unruly hair.

“Smart kid, wants to get a early start to his busy day.” Logan teased back, with a smirk.

“Yes, such a hard day. Breakfast, then playtime, then a nap, lunch, then more playtime, and then another nap, before more playtime. Then a snack and so on an so on.” Rogue laughed.

Logan loved hearing the sound of Marie’s laughter. It was a rare thing now. She only really gave a true warm smile to James or when James was talked about with her friends. Even then her smile seemed somewhat tight or uncomfortable.

“So what’s on your busy schedule for today?” Logan asked as he sat down on her bed and enjoyed watching her feed their son.

“James and I were suppose to have a wellness check with Hank this morning, but he had to cancel. I guess I’ll work on my online courses until one. I have my therapy session with the Professor at three, then I have my DR time with Scott.” Rogue said the last part not sounding happy about the idea at all. Which was sending red flags out in Logan’s mind.

“Darlin, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to. No one is going to force you into anything you don’t want to do.” Logan promised seriously.

Rogue gave Logan a small grateful smile. Knowing how he wouldn’t let anyone force her into doing anything against her will. “It’s just that it’s going to be my first time since being back. I’m nervous, but I know I need to start sometime.”

“Why haven’t you been back inside the DR room?” Logan asked curious.

“When I came back, I was pregnant with James. I wasn’t allowed to train. Afterwards the Professor and Scott wanted me to wait until I had some time to just take it easy and get adjusted to being a new mom. Scott wants to start getting me use to the new powers. I’m not looking forward to using them. It just reminds me of how I got them.” Rogue frowned as she put James on her shoulder to burp him. Once James burped he was once again fascinated with his mother’s hair, trying to put it in his mouth.

“I know it’s hard Marie, but Scott’s right, you need to learn how to better control these new powers.” Logan stopped from continuing, and cocked a questioning brow at her when she looked stunned at him.

“What?”

“Are you feeling okay?” She asked raising her own eyebrow.

“Yeah, why?” Logan replied looking at her funny.

“Just checking, I could have sworn you just said that Scott was right about something.” Rogue answered an amused twinkle in her eyes.

Logan rolled his eyes and scoffed amused. “Just don’t tell him I say that, because I’ll deny it vehemently.” Logan gave her a smirk. “But seriously Darlin, you need to learn control, but if you just don’t think you can handle it right now then just say so. No one is going to pressure you into anything you’re not ready for.”

“Thanks.” Rogue gave a grateful small smile while raising from her chair. “So what’s on your busy schedule today?” She asked wanting to change the subject.

“Nothing much, I’ve got two DR classes this morning. After that I’m free.”

“Lucky you.” Rogue said grabbing James’s baby bag. “Ready to get out of here?”

“Can I carry him?” Logan asked looking hopeful at James.

“Sure.” Rogue smiled handing James over to Logan, then grabbed his carrier. When she looked back up at Logan he was grinning at her.

“I can’t believe I’m a father.” Logan beamed taking the bag from her, then opening the door for her, stepping aside to let her precede him out of the room.

“I still have trouble believing I’m a mom, but after all the sleepless nights, I’m starting to believe it.” Rogue said smiling.

Logan could tell that Marie was still tired. He hated seeing her so worn out. Knowing she’d probably refuse, but wishing she wouldn’t, he offered his help. He didn’t like her feeling like she had to take on all the responsibility, when James was his son too. Logan was more than willing to do his apart, even if he wasn’t sure what exactly that was a the moment. He also didn’t want to rush Marie or make her feel like he didn’t approve of the way she was handling taking care of James.

“You know, I wouldn’t mind helping out at night, so you could get some extra sleep.”

“I don’t know, I’ll think about it, okay?” Rogue said uncomfortable with letting someone else take over some of the responsibilities for James, even if it was Logan.

“Okay, whatever you want, Darlin. Just know I’m here for you guys no matter what you need.”

“Thanks.” Rogue spoke softly, giving him a tight smile.


Everyone noticed Logan carrying James as he and Rogue entered the cafeteria. As usual everyone oohed and awed over little James. Rogue sat down at the teachers table across from Ro. Logan placed James in Rogue’s arms so he could retrieve their breakfast. Soon Logan returned carrying two plates, sitting one in front of Marie, and taking the seat beside her with his own breakfast.


“What has you smiling so brightly this morning, Logan? I do not believe I’ve ever seen you smile so much before?” Ro asked smiling herself. She had a feeling that Rogue had trusted enough in Logan’s love to open up to him about James, and had not been disappointed.

“I found out last night that I’m a father. James is mine.” Logan said with a tender smile looking over at his little son in Rogue’s arms.

Scott swallowed tightly, forcing his personal dislike of the feral man back. The only thing that mattered was Rogue and James. He knew that having Logan’s acceptance of James as his son was very important to Rogue. So he looked over at Logan, and held out his hand. “Congratulations.”

Logan took Scott’s out stretched hand without hesitation, “Thanks.” Logan replied with a nodded.

“Yes, congratulations Logan. Fatherhood is a very rewarding thing, and very fulfilling, not to mention a lot of hard work.” Charles said with a smile, but his eyes told Logan he was sending him a warning.

“Thanks Chuck, I’m sure you know about that.” Logan answered with a nod in return, getting Chuck’s message loud and clear.

“Yes I do, but I’ve enjoyed every minute of it.” Charles smiled then winked at Rogue.

Rogue smiled back at the Professor before focusing once again on her breakfast.

Jean glared at the couple and child. She didn’t believe for one moment that Rogue’s brat was Logan’s. Jean knew Rogue had always wanted Logan for herself. Telling him, James was his son was the prefect way to get Logan to never leave her. Jean was determined to prove that the girl was lying, and that the brat wasn’t Logan’s.
Chapter End Notes:
Not many more chapters left. Next will be seeing what Jean has up her sleeve. :)