Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the X-men. All rights belong to Sam Lee, Marvel Comics, and whomever else owns rights. I have not nor will I receive any form of compensation for this story.

I am so sorry for the long delay with this chapter. I hope everyone who has been enjoying the story so far will like the new chapter. Just a to warn you, some of you may think that Logan is OOC, which he is, but I just couldn't seem to write him any differently. He was determined to be overly happy and supportive of Marie, no matter what I tried to do. He even threatened me with the claws. LOL.

Thanks to all of you lovely people who has taken the time to read and review. You make my day. Sorry for any and all grammer errors.
After a few moments of nervous silence, and the sound of Marie’s heart beating nearly out of her chest, Logan could tell Marie was struggling to find the courage, and the words to tell him what she thought he needed to know.

"It's okay Marie, if you can't tell me, you don't have to push yourself. We don't have to talk about this until you're ready." Logan assured her gently.

A part of him wanted to know whatever it was that Marie had to tell him. Hoping that it would help her to talk about it, to get it off her chest. There was a bigger part however, that preferred to remain happily ignorant about how James was conceived. Logan was determined though, to remain quiet and listen and be supportive of whatever Marie needed to tell him. This was about her, not him.

"No, I need to tell you." Rogue forced out. Quickly taking a deep breath to she steeled herself. Keeping her eyes adverted, Rogue spoke softly. "The doctors at the lab had another mutant's DNA, that they impregnated me with. They were trying to breed an offspring with my skin, and this other mutant's abilities." Rogue stated her voice trembling, but knowing she needed to be brave, so Logan would know the truth.

"During one of my check ups, I heard the doctors talking about the mutant who they used to create James with. I wasn't sure at first if I was correct about who I thought they were talking about, so the day James was born, I had Hank do a DNA test to check." Rogue said twisting James’s baby blanket in her hands, needing something to focus on beside Logan.

Logan could tell this was hard for Marie. Reliving that time was extremely difficult for her. It was hard for him too. He tried to push the anger at the doctors down, not wanting to upset Marie anymore than she already was. Plus he tried to hide the fact that he really didn't want to know who James’s father was. As long as Logan didn't know, he could pretend James was apart of him and Marie. Logan kept telling himself this was about what Marie needed. If she needed to tell him, then he was listen. He would just have to deal with the knowledge.

Wanting to ease Marie's mind, he tried keep the tense from his voice. "It's okay Marie, James is a part of you. No matter who's DNA they used. This little fellow is perfect, because he's yours." Logan reassured her with utter conviction.

Hearing Logan's words and the conviction in his voice, Rogue couldn't wait any longer. Bravely meeting Logan's gaze, her own gaze intense, Rogue finally spoke the five words she had been afraid to speak.

"Logan, James is your son."

Logan opened his mouth to reassure Marie again it was going to be okay, but quickly shut it. He was momentarily speechless, his heart skidding to a halt, then restarted pounding like war drums against his chest and in his ears.

"What? How? Are you sure?" Logan demanded totally overwhelmed and taken back. His mind trying rapidly to check up and absorb what she had said.

"The DNA test came back 99.7% positive, but if you want a retest, Hank said he would do it for you." Rogue quickly reassured him.

"He's my son?" Logan repeated this time his voice shaking as he looked down a the little boy in his arms. Logan studied James's features more intently. He had a lot of his mother in him, but Logan could see some resemblance to himself now that he was looking for it. James's full head of black hair, his large bone structure. Heck even the size of the kid. Right now James's eyes were blue, but would change to his own unique color soon.

Logan inhaled the James's scent and under all the baby smells and Marie's own scent, Logan could smell a trace of his own scent. Love more powerful than Logan had ever known possible flooded his heart. He had a son! James was his son! Marie and he had a son! The Wolverine in him purred with pleasure at knowing James was his offspring. Logan now knew why James had felt so right in his arms the first time he had held him.

"Logan say something." Rogue pleaded, worry and uncertainty clear in her trembling voice and in her wide watery eyes.

Logan looked over at Marie and smiled with tears in his own eyes. "I have a son. We have a son, Marie." Logan said huskily, his voice full of joy and awe.

Rogue broke down in relieved sobs at Logan's words. She quickly covered her mouth not wanting to wake their son.

"Come here, Marie." Logan ordered tightly, still to overwhelmed to make his tone gentle, but holding out his free arm to her. He was thankful when she didn’t hesitate to move into his embrace, allowing him to comfort her.

She felt his kiss to the top of her head, and heard his softly spoke promise. "I love you so much Marie. I love this little fellow too. Everything is going to be alright, Darlin. I'm going to take care of the both of you." Logan said kissing her head again, squeezing her to him tightly.

"There's still things you need to know, Logan. I can't talk about it right now, but I had to tell you about James." Rogue whispered through her tears as she clung to him just as tightly.

"I'm glad you did, Darlin. I'm so glad you did. I can't believe I'm a father. That we have this perfect little boy." Logan sighed kissing her head again, then laying his cheek against the top of her head, gazing contently at their son sleeping against his chest.

"You can get retested if you want. I wouldn't blame you if you want to make sure." Rogue whispered sadly, calming some.

"No need Marie, I'm already sure this little guy is ours. I can smell it. I wasn't looking for it before, but I can smell it. I can also see some resemblances. Plus like you said before, this kid has got a healthy appetite, just like his dad." Logan chuckled with joy and amusement.

"That he does." Rogue smiled. "He was one big bundle trying to leave my body. Ten pounds is huge."

Logan became serious at thinking of Marie pregnant and in labor without him there with her, to take care of her and their son. "I'm sorry Marie, that I wasn't here for you. I wish like nothing else that I had never left you." Logan stressed, upset with himself.

"We can't change the past, Logan. There's no need to torture yourself. You're here now. James can get to know his Dad. No matter what happens between us, Logan, I want you to know, I would never try to keep James away from you." Rogue promised seriously.

Logan swallowed unsure how to respond. "Thanks Darlin, I'm glad to know that, but you don't have to worry, because you're stuck with me. I'm not going to pressure you into anything you're not ready for, but there's nothing you could tell me that would make me stop loving you." Logan promised kissing her head again, still holding her against him.

Logan didn’t see the deep worried expression on Marie’s face, but he did smell her fear and hear her the worry in her soft voice. "You don't know that."

Marie's whispered words reached Logan ears, but he didn't trying to convince her anymore right now. He knew she still wouldn't believe him no matter what he said. She still wasn't ready to let him in all the way.


Logan was disappointed to see Marie and James go, but knew Marie was tired and James would be awake in a little while for his feeding. Putting off parting from them as long as possible he walked with Marie back to her suite all the while carrying James. Logan didn't want to let him go now that he knew James was his.

"Who knows about me being James's father?" Logan asked as he gently laid James in his basinet beside Marie's bed.

Rogue sat down on the bed and clasped her hands tightly. "The Professor, Hank, Ro, Scott, and Jubilee. I'm not sure if Jubes told Remy or not, but he may know."

"Good." Logan stated seriously causing Rogue to look at him questioningly.
"This way they already know he's mind." Logan clarified firmly.

"Logan, nobody is trying to claim you're not James's father." Rogue reassured him, seeing a possessiveness coming over Logan. She knew it was the Wolverine's nature to stake his claim, and now that he knew James was his, he would fight anyone who tried to state differently.

"Are you okay with me being his father?" Logan asked suddenly uncertain. He hadn't thought to ask earlier, but right this minute her answer was very important to him.

"I'm very glad he has you as a father, Logan. You're a good man. I know you're going to be a good father to him." Rogue answered with a warm smile, letting the truth of her words show in her eyes.

"I will Marie, I promise." Logan declared as if he was trying to convince her. "I'll make sure he has everything he needs."

"I know you will. I'm not worried, and I'm sure everyone will see you're going to be a wonderful father to James too." Rogue stated with a tender smile.

"So can I tell them that I know?" He asked so hopeful, Marie couldn't hide her smile. He's so eager to tell everyone he was a father. She was so relieved and happy Logan hadn't been upset about finding out he had a child. One he had no decision in making.

"You can tell anyone you want." Rogue said then yawned unexpectedly.

“I better get going so you can get some sleep. Good night Darlin." Logan smiled then kissed her head before heading for the door. He turned back still smiling. "I love you, Marie."

Although she still didn't say anything in reply, Logan noticed that her smile wasn't as forced or tight as usual. That only increased his joy as he head back to his room.