Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the X-men. All rights belong to Sam Lee, Marvel Comics, and whomever else owns rights. I have not nor will I receive any form of compensation for this story.

Hey everyone, I hope you are still out there and enjoying the story. I know it's been a while. Sorry, but I haven't forgotten it. I'm still here. Thanks to all of you who have read and review, and to everyone who has taken the time to read my story even if you don't review. Now onto the show. :)
Chapter 12

The next morning Rogue, James, and Jubilee were in Jubilee and Remy's apartment discussing paint colors.

"Remy refuses to let me paint the walls yellow. I've told him yellow is a cheerful happy color, but he’s like the bedroom is for sleeping and loving not cheerfulness." Jubilees pouted.

Rogue couldn’t help but laughed at her friend's put out expression. "I have to agree with Remy, Jubes. Yellow is just a bit to bright for a bedroom. It's not a very soothing and restful color. It's to energetic." Rogue tried to be gentle knowing Jube's love of the color yellow.

"I guess I can feel you there, Chica." Jubes sighed giving in. "Okay, so no yellow walls, but there has got to be some yellow in here. If I live here, there has to be yellow somewhere." Jubilee stated firmly.

"What about some subtle yellows, like golden pillow, throws, and accessories?" Rogue mused as she cast her eyes about the room, thinking it might not be to much if Jubes could keep the yellow to a minimal.

"I guess that would work. Cool. So tell me Chica, how's the Idiot and you doing?" Jubes asked sarcastically as she smacked her gum, as she plopped down on the bed, James in between them.

Rogue had given up on trying to talk Jubes in to being nice to Logan. "He's still trying to convince me that he loves me. He's been real sweet. Not pressing me to talk, or do anything I don't want too. He's so careful with me, Jubes. He's great with James, even to the point of volunteering to change his stinky diapers. Part of me wants to believe him, the other part of me is scare." Rogue voiced her fears to her best friend.

"Do you still love him?" Jubes asked curious, but having a feeling she already knew the answer. She waited patiently for Rogue to answer, all the while studying her best friend carefully.

Rogue looked down at her son, who was laying on the bed between Jubes and her playing with his toes. After a few moments, she sighed and met Jubilee's patient and curious gaze.

"Yes, but I'm scared once he learns the truth, he'll leave me. Plus I don't deserve him, Jubes." Rogue sighed disheartened.

"That's crap, and I don't want to hear that out of your mouth again..” Jubes snapped upset hearing Rogue talk like that. “It's him that doesn't deserve you. If he leaves then good riddance, you don't need his sorry behind." Jubes snapped out ready to do as she promised, and fire Logan's eyeballs if he hurt her friend. Calming down some, Jubes went about reassuring and encouraging her best friend. "Chica, you know there is no love loss between the Idiot and me, but if you still love him, then don't let what happen stop you. None of it was your fault. You have nothing to feel guilty for. I know you're upset and sorry it happened, but you have nothing, and I mean nothing to be guilty about.” Jubes stated seriously as she reached over and squeezed Rogue’s hand. Smiling wickedly, Jubes continued, “Remy and I've got your back. If the idiot decides to be a butt head, we'll fry his behind along with his eyeballs." Jubes smirked then blew a large bubble, and popped it causing James to squeal.

"Thanks Jubes." Rogue smiled over at her best friend. Thankful for Jubilee's support and friendship.

"Course Chica, you're my girl. Best friends watch out for each other. Right?"

"Right?" Rogue agreed with a big smile.

"Plus, I'm this little guy's Aunt, I've got to watch out for his best interest too." Jubilee said tickling James's feet making him squeal with laughter.

"Speaking of James, I'm going to tell Logan about him tonight." Rogue suddenly nervously admitted.

"I knew you would sooner or later. Although, I don't care for the dude, you can tell he cares about this little bundle of joy." Jubilee admitted reluctantly.

"So you think I should tell him?" Rogue asked wanting Jubes honest opinion.

"I think you should do what you want." Jubes stated shrugging her shoulders, but looked serious. "But he's going to figure it out sooner or later on his own. I think it would be better for the both of you, if he found out from you."

"I guess you right. I'm just so nervous. What if he doesn't want to have anything to do with James once he finds out?"

"I don't see that happening, Chica, but if he does then it's his loss, and you'll know how much he really love you guys then." Jubes shrugged her shoulders again.


Rogue was nervous the rest of the day. Logan didn't press her about it, but he stayed near by. Always close by if she should need him. He grew discouraged that every time he approached her, her scent grew more nervous. He was starting to think she didn't want him near her for some reason. He just didn't know what to think. Yesterday they had gotten along better after she had forgiven him for his stupidity. He was now starting to worry that she hadn't totally forgiven him like he had thought; that she was still harboring hard feelings. Today she seemed ready to jump out of her skin every time he came near her.

Feeling lost and confused, he decided to give her some space that evening. He headed to his room to watch the hockey game instead of watching it downstairs, knowing Marie usually watched the games in the Rec. room.

Logan was settle back on his bed, flipping through the TV channels looking for ESPN. The game had just started when someone knocked on his door. Scenting the air, he smelt Marie and James. He was surprised she had actually sought him out, but he pleasantly thrilled.

"Come in," He called out deciding to try and acted relax, not to make a big deal out of it.

His door opened, and Marie stood at the door holding James, his baby bag, and a six pack of Molson, Logan's favorite beer.

"May we come in?" Rogue asked hesitant, shifting nervously.

Logan noticed that Marie still smelled highly nervous. He wished he knew what was going on with her, so he could ease her fear. Giving her a warm smile he beaconed her in. "Of course Darlin, you're always welcome." Logan said coming to his feet, and over to where she stood.

"Here, I brought these for you. I know how you like your beer with a game." Rogue held out the beer to Logan with a small forced smile.

"Yeah, thanks. I remember how you always use to steal one from me when we watched the game up here too." Logan smirked at her.

"Yeah, well, that will have to wait until I'm done nursing. I don't drink now. I know with the healing it's probably not a big deal, but I still don't like the idea." Rogue declared softly.

"Just goes to show what a good mom you are, not wanting to take chances." Logan said sincerely. "Sit down and relax, huh? Want to watch the game with me? We could order pizza. You still eat pizza, right?" He smirked teasingly at her, hoping she'd stay.

"Yeah, pizza is still a go." Rogue said trying to relax, but her smile was still a little forced. "Sure I guess, if you're sure we won't be bugging you."

Logan closed the door relived that she was agreeing to stay and watch the game. "You don’t bug me, Darlin. I love spending time with you. You guys are the most important people in my life." Logan said hoping she would believe him.

"You mean a lot to me too, to us I mean." Rogue stammered out quickly.

"I'm glad Marie, you don't know how much that means to me." Logan said thankful, and feeling hopeful once again, that he had a chance to win Marie's heart back. "So let's order that pizza. The game is just getting started." Logan said smiling, his eyes showing how happy he was she had agreed to stay, and watch the game with him.

Rogue smiled and tried to relax, and just enjoy the evening with Logan. She figured she would see how Logan would react to having her and James in his small room, and how he would deal if James started to fuss during the game.

Half time had just ended with Logan's favorite team being down by one, when James started fussing, and didn't stop no matter what she did.

"Here Darlin, let me have a go with him. You've been at it all day." Logan said taking James from Rogue's arms. Placing the little boy against his chest, he started walking the room while speaking in shushed comforting tones.

Rogue watched Logan with her son, and knew she couldn't not tell him. He had been walking James for twenty minutes with no complaint. There was no hostility or impatience what so ever about him. Rogue knew she had been right when she had told Jean, that Logan was a natural father. It took another thirty minutes for James to wear himself out, and drift off to sleep against Logan's chest. Tears came to Rogue's eyes as she watched Logan bend his head to kiss James's little head tenderly with a soft tender smile on his face.

"I think he finally tuckered himself out." Logan whispered as he came back to the bed, gently sitting down so not to disturb the sleeping baby.

"I'm sorry we ruined your game watching. There's still a few minutes left. We'll go so you can enjoy what's left of the game in peace." Rogue said starting to move from the bed.

"Stay." Logan requested quickly, not wanting her and James to go.
"There is always another game, Marie. He'll only be this young for a short while. I’d rather spend time with you, than watching some game all alone." Logan said his eyes intense and pleading.

"Logan.." Rogue started, her voice uncertain as she stared down at her hands. She knew she needed to tell Logan, but was still very nervous and scared of how he would react.

"Marie?" Logan asked his voice telling of his question and concern.

She knew he could tell by her scent how she was feeling.

"Can we not watch the game? I want to tell you something. Something important." Rogue said bitting her lip, while trying to stop her hands from shaking.

"Sure, Darlin." Logan said nervous himself now, as he hit the power button on the remote cutting off the television. He kept telling himself to stay calm, no matter what she told him, and to be supportive. He knew that whatever she was going to tell him, had something to do with what had happened to her. She was shaking with nerves and fear. Wanting to comfort her told reassured her, "No matter what it is Marie, it's going to be alright. I love you. That's not going to change." Logan spoke seriously, but gently trying to ease her fear.

"There's a lot you need to know, but I'm just not able to talk about it right now, but I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think you need to know this. I know once I tell you, you're going to have lot's of questions. I'll try to answer what I can, but there maybe things I just can't talk about right now. I'm still having a hard time even discussing them with the Professor during our therapy sessions." Rogue warned hesitantly, needing Logan to understand.

"It's okay Marie, whatever you want or need to tell me is okay."

"Okay." Rogue said taking in a deep breath, meeting his eyes, and whispered, "It's about James."