Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey folks! So sorry it took so long to put up the new chapter. Theres been so much going on in my life lately, and I was experiencing writers block like a week ago. Hope you enjoy it, that is if you stil remember the story :P
“I’ll get a... Big Mac meal... Supersized, with a coke.” He turned to Marie. “What do you want?”

“Nothing. I’m fine” she insisted. Logan rolled his eyes at her, then looked back at the cashier.

“Girls like chicken, right?” The cashier looked at him blankly, as though he hadn’t even said anything.

“Logan, it’s ok” Marie insisted.

“She’ll have a McChicken meal. With...” He turned to her. “You want a coke?”

“I’m ok. I’m not hungry” she replied timidly. She felt like she had taken too much from him already, and besides they would need the money for the rest of the weekend. He grunted, and looked back to the cashier.

“And a coke. Oh, and a second Big Mac on the side.” The cashier rang it up. It cost nineteen seventy five. Logan put down a crumpled twenty, and the cashier gave him the change. Logan dropped it into his pocket, and looked out towards the open restaurant.

“I’m gunna grab a seat. Bring the food when it’s done.” And with that he walked off towards a small table in the corner, leaving Marie alone with her thoughts. After leaving the mechanics, they had wandered around the small city for about a half hour, looking for a place to stay. Logan, being the man he was, refused to directly ask, and would simply walk past places that didn’t look right to him. It had gotten warmer, but still it was almost unbearable. Eventually, they had made their way to the McDonalds. They went inside, planning on eating the contents of their backpack. Logan dumped the contents on the table, only to find that everything had frozen solid. Completely inedible until thawed. That’s when Logan decided to order, and that led Marie to the side of the counter she was standing at.

Marie watched, practically drooling as the food quickly piled up on the tray. First Logan’s burgers, then the fries, the drinks, then her chicken sandwich. She hurriedly picked up the tray, and walked over to Logan as quickly as possible. She put the tray down and started to sit.

“Where’s the ketchup?” Logan asked, not even looking up at her.

“Ketchup..?”

“Yes... Ketchup. Y’know? The red tomatoey stuff ya dip fries in?” She said nothing. Logan glared up at her. “Are ya gunna go grab some?” he asked sarcastically. He seemed agitated. Marie stared at him, still letting the sarcasm soak in, trying to figure out if she should actually answer him. She decided it would be best to just go grab the ketchup, no questions asked, to keep him from freaking out again. She stood and walked over to the condiment table.

“While yer there” Logan called, “grab the straws too.” Marie felt a response building up inside her. A rude, awful response. She looked up at Logan, and opened her mouth to speak. The eyes that were looking back at her were out to kill, or at least that’s how Marie saw them. She swallowed, rethinking her speech.

“How many ketchups do you need?” she asked, feeling very restrained.

“Uh...” Logan scanned the tray of food. “Six.”

Six? How could he possibly use six? Sure they were small, but honestly, that was gluttony. But she decided not to argue. She filled two of the little cups, and brought them over to Logan. She felt like some sort of servant, but he had bought her food... and he was looking for a place for her to stay... and he had been very... well... I suppose the word is nice... if you could really call it that. She placed the ketchup cups on the table, and Logan went straight to work. He opened the box his first burger sat in, dipped the side of it into the ketchup, and took a massive, almost ridiculous bite. Again, he chewed loudly with his mouth open. Bits of lettuce and sauce fell out of his sloshing mouth and onto the tray, dangerously close to her fries. Being as inconspicuous as she could, she slid her food to the farther portion of the tray from Logan. He continued to inhale his burger. Marie walked back, and filled up two more ketchup cups. By the time she had brought all six to the table, Logan had already started eating his second burger.

Marie picked up her burger, and unwrapped the greasy paper. She stared at it longingly, trying to drag this moment out as long as she could so that the bite would seem magical. In small increments, she would move the sandwich closer to her mouth, its aroma surrounding her. She brought it close to her lips, and opened her mouth. Logan let out a loud burp that seemed to ripple the air. Marie felt her appetite go.

“PIG!” she yelled impulsively. She dropped the burger, and covered her mouth, immediately regretting saying it. Logan gave her a funny look.

“No... It’s chicken” he said through the ground beef and bun. He grabbed a handful of fries, and crammed them into his already full mouth.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The meal was gone, and Marie had cleaned the mess. They sat at the empty table, looking at each other. Neither spoke, but they could both sense the same thought. Where are we going to spend the night? Logan reached into his pocket, and pulled out a mass of crumpled bills and change. He dropped it on the table, and began to count. Marie watched his large fingers slide each coin across the table into little groups of one dollar. It didn’t take long to count it all.

“Ok... So we have seventy bucks...” He looked at Marie with a look of angry defeat... His usual look. Marie twiddled her thumbs a little in anticipation. She thought again of the train she had missed. Where would she be if she had stayed on? Warmer, that’s where. Logan slid the money off the table into his hands, and he shoved it messily into his pocket. “I guess we could look for some cheap motel. Probably only have enough for one night though.”

“Is there any way we could make more money?” Logan tapped his fingers against the absurdly yellow table.

“I don’t think so... My only income was my winnings from bar fights.” They grew quiet. Silence, Marie had decided, was Logan’s favourite sound. He caused it too much, and seemed to enjoy it. He shifted in his chair a bit, and stared at Marie, seeming to be looking for her input. She stared down at her filthy sneakers, trying to break the eye contact. Although she couldn’t see him, she could feel his eyes on her, as though they were burning a hole right through her head. She looked back up at him. His gaze never faltered.

“Would you be ok with a motel?” he asked.

“Sure, it’s better than being out in the snow.” She smiled at him. He didn’t return the smile. He stood from his chair and grabbed his jacket.

“C’mon, there ain’t much day light left.” He headed for the door. Marie stood quickly, and slipped on the heavy jacket. Its warmth filled her quickly, and she ran after Logan.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A full stomach felt nice. Marie opened the door of the McDonalds and a gust of freezing air blasted her. A chill ran up her back.

“Logan?” she called. The falling snow was too thick to see far. “Logan?!” she called again.

“Hurry up, Kid!” his voice called from the white. She ran towards it. Soon enough she found him, trudging through the heavy snow.

“Where are we going?” she asked. He looked up at her.

“The hell if I know...”

“Shouldn’t we ask for directions?”

“No. Were fine.” Logan took a step, and slipped. He fell square on his back.

“FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!” he screamed out. Marie stood frozen for a second. What should she do? Help him? He was obviously hurt. He grunted loudly and flipped himself onto his stomach. There was a little blood in the snow where his head had hit.

“Oh God!” Marie screamed. She kneeled down next to him and tried to help him up. He shrugged her off.

“ARE YOU OK?” she asked, in a bit of a panic. He grunted, and reached for the back of his head. When he pulled his hand away, there was no blood. Must be frozen Marie assumed. He pushed himself up to his knees, then he stood. He cracked his neck, then looked down at Marie.

“Want a hand?” he asked. He put his hand out towards her. Not really thinking about it, she reached for it, and he pulled her up from the snowy ground.

“Are you alright?” she asked. She looked down at the blood in the snow, slowly being covered by the new snow falling.

“Yeah, I’m good.”

“But... but-” he cut her off.

“I heal real quick. That’s how I win fights.” Marie stared at him, then back to the disappearing blood, then back to him.

“Does that have anything to do with the knives in your hands?”

He chuckled. “First, they’re not knives. They’re claws. And yeah, something like that.”

“So you’re a... A...”

“A mutant... Got a problem with that?” The snow seemed to lift up a bit. The knives, claws, slowly became visible, sliding out of Logan’s knuckles. Marie suddenly felt in danger for the first time since meeting him.

“No, not at all!” she screamed out quickly. Logan cocked his head, and the claws went back into his hands.

“Are you scared o’ me, kid?” His voice had undertones of anger and sarcasm. If she answered wrong, she could end up like the blood stain.

“No.” She could feel her body shaking. Logan began to sniff the air. She watched as he lifted his head, closed his eyes, and took long breaths through his nose.

“Yeah... Ya are.” He looked into her eyes. “I can smell the adrenaline in yer blood. Fight or flight reflex. The nose knows, kid...” He took a step closer to her. This was it. He was going to rape her now, just like Bear was going to. Only this time, he could heal fast. Her poison skin couldn’t fend him off... Then he would kill her. That’s what she got for letting her guard down. Could she run from him? Could she hide anywhere? No. She was much too cold and he was much too fit. He took another step. Her mind was racing. She watched as his body moved, as though it was in slow motion, or maybe she was imagining it. He put his hand out towards her. She closed her eyes, and tried to remove her glove.

“I’m not gunna hurt ya, kid.” She felt his hand in hers. She opened her eyes and looked into his. He smiled. His hand tightened on hers, but in a calming way. Not too hard, or violent. Just nice. Her heart skipped a beat.

“Huh..?”

“I’m just pissed cause I’m cold, and that bump on the head hurt like a bitch. Didn’t mean ta get mad.”

“You felt it?”

“Sure. I feel pain, I just don’t die from it.”

“Oh...” She still didn’t quite understand, but rather that provoking him, she decided to just let it go for now. The blood was now completely covered. Logan began to walk again. Should she tell him she is a mutant too? What would he say? Sure he would understand, but would he let her stay? She was double checking herself like crazy, not noticing was he walked slowly out of view.

“Hurry up” he called from the whiteness, “we gotta find a place ta stay before it gets too dark!” She dropped the thought for now, and hurried after him.
Chapter End Notes:
again, im sorry this chapter took so long. leave a comment and rate it all you want! I love feedback!