Rogue pulled the towel from around her hair, dropping it to the floor as she glanced at the slightly foggy mirror in front of her. Her long brown hair fell in wet waves past her shoulders as she dragged her fingers through it. From her bathroom, with just a towel around her she heard the door open. She had only given a key to one person, so of course she knew who it was.
 
 
He leaned up against the door frame, wearing an olive green shirt that was tight around his arms. His expression was solid, focussed on her bed where his pants were draped over the side. “Well you aren’t very good at being secretive.”
 
 
She still hadn’t looked at him, she leaned towards the mirror applying her makeup and fixing her hair. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” She would’ve sworn she heard him chuckle quietly. But he walked closer to her till he was at her bathroom’s entrance. He raised one hand and pushed her hair behind her shoulder, slipping his fingertips down her shoulder. She had frozen, and he smiled at the goose bumps his touch had raised.
 
 
“We decided that we wouldn’t tell anyone.” Logan said turning away from her and walked to sit down on her bed. Now she looked at him, he had his arms draped across his chest as he stared up at the ceiling. “And now the whole school knows that something happened.”
 
 
She sighed and wandered over to him, crawling onto the bed and laying down beside him. “I didn’t tell anyone if that’s what you’re asking me.” He turned and wrapped one arm around her.
 
 
“Alright,” He murmured. “Still, Colossus is looking for you.”
She sat up immediately. “What? Why?”
Logan shrugged. “That’s what I’d like to know. I’m sort of sick of getting dirty looks from the men of the school Rogue.”
She smacked him lightly. “You’re exaggerating.”
 
 
He snorted. “No. I’m not.”
 
 
***
 
 
Piotr could feel his face hardening, but knew he wasn’t taking his metal form. He picked up the basketball and threw it for the net, only to have it hit the rim and bounce into the other direction. He started to walk to retrieve it before he saw that someone had already caught the ball.
 
 
“Having trouble scoring tough stuff?” Viktor grinned at his joke before throwing it back to him. Piotr didn’t respond, simply held the ball in his wide hands trying not to crush it while he watched Creed with a solemn glare.
 
 
“What do you want?” He asked, his broken English coming out slightly awkward but still getting the point across that he wanted to be alone. He stood 6 foot 7, tall enough to easily take Sabertooth on in a fight, but he was a shy noble man that didn’t like fighting unless it was for the better of humanity.
 
 
Viktor’s eyes narrowed, but he held up his hands in surrender as he retreated backwards. “Well, I’m not one to overstay my welcome.” He admitted. As he turned he smiled. “But I could have sworn you and Rogue had something going on, I guess I was wrong considering what the runt as told me.”
 
 
It was no secret that Logan and Viktor stayed out of each other’s way in the mansion, neither were happy that the other was within any range and any conversation usually ended up fighting. Colossus was no fool. “You should know you’re overstaying your welcome.”
 
 
“I just thought you’d want to know.” Creed went on.
“You thought wrong.”
 
 
“About what?” Her voice rang through their dark tones. Rogue stepped onto the basketball court with her hands on her hips as she tried to decipher what they were talking about. Both men looked at each other guiltily before Viktor started to walk away.
 
 
“It’s nothing Marie.” He muttered over his shoulder, disappearing around the bend. Piotr looked at her with a confused expression on his face. How did Creed know her name? Had he not been bluffing when he said that Logan had told him things? These rumours were getting out of hand.
 
 
“Marie.” He repeated, letting it flow off his tongue with his Russian accent. He glanced towards her. “People have been saying things. I wanted to hear from you.” His gaze on her was calm, not patronizing like someone of his size could easily do. He was a kind sweet man, and he just wanted to know the truth. “What happened last night?”