Story Notes:
this story had three little helpers. one was a plot bunny that bites me every three months, one was a story called "A Rogue Obbession" (QueenV) and the the third came from a story whose title or Author I don't seem to remember. anyway, out of those little helpers this story was born. Enjoy!
Control
There were days that Logan absolutely hated Rogue.
Fifteen years ago the professor had found Logan on the hood of his Rolls Royce, nearly dead from a chest full of mercury laced buckshot. At first, Logan had railed against everything the professor had been offering- a secure place to hide, a job, help with finding out where he was from. He’d taken off and hadn’t seen Charles Xavier until nearly a year had passed and he’d run in to Chuck at a party Tony Stark had held. It was then that he reluctantly accepted the professors help on finding clues to his past, though he’d made it perfectly clear that was all he wanted from the professor. Over the fallowing four years, he began to spend more and more time at the mansion and had finally settled there. Logan had found peace at last and had enjoyed it for ten wonderful years.
Rogue was making him lose that now and he hated her for it. Ever since they’d stopped Apocalypse, She’d become darker, angrier and more defiant, often to the point he wanted to strangle her. She sometimes made him so angry that he felt as he was inches from losing control of Wolverine. This was something that frightened Logan deeply because Wolverine was a monster. On the days that Rogue pushed him to the edge of his patience he would flee to some cage fight bar in New York City. In the last six months, he’d only been at the mansion for two months total-something that he blamed entirely on Rogue.
Logan scowled at monitor from the observation deck in the danger room at Rogue. She stood a little ways off from the group with her hip cocked, fiddling with her white streak as Scott went over the mission parameters. He let out a low growl at her apparent lack of attention to what her leader was saying. Before he could bark at her over the intercom, Scott spoke up.
“Rogue, Am I boring you?” He asked with a visibly lifted eyebrow. Rogue dropped her strand of hair and shrugged. “No. I just was keeping some distance between us because you all are wearing short sleeves and shorts.” She said, crossing her arms. Scott heaved a sigh moved away from jean. “I need to make sure you understand this mission. Jean can put a protective bubble around you until we’re through here.” Rogue sighed and went to stand between Scott and Jean, giving Jean a small smirk as she did. Jean bristled but didn’t say anything to Rogue as she put up the telekinetic shield Logan glared at the monitor even harder as Rogue screwed around with Jean’s head. He turned when the professor cleared his throat. “Is something bothering you old friend? You have been very restless this last year.” He stated in his quiet Bostonian accent. Logan took a deep calming breath and forced a smile. “Nah. Rogue is just screwing around.” He turned back to the monitor, moving to the side so the professor could join him.
Professor Xavier gave the man who’d been his friend for nearly twelve years a completive look. “Logan, are you seeing anyone? I could arrange for-” Professor Xavier stopped mid-sentence as Logan gave him a look that made him decide that finishing that particular sentence would be unwise. “My office door is always open if you need someone to talk to.” He said, and then turned his attention to the students below.
Two days later
Rogue clenched her jaw as Scott once again harped on her about the mission. It was like he didn’t think she felt bad enough about it, so he ragged on her at every oppertunitity. Finally she snapped at him. “Jeez, Ah get it!! Ah fucked up. There is no reason to keep yelling at meh about it!” she snarled. “Let it go already!” Scott carefully took a step back from her and frowned. “I won’t let it go. Rogue, you have to trust your teammates otherwise you’ll get someone killed. You almost died this morning.” He said quietly. Rogue flinched when he pulled away, not realizing how in his face she’d been. She snorted to cover her agreement with him that someone was going to die because of her. “Ah did not almost die. Ah bumped mah head a little, that’s all. Leave meh alone, wouldya?” she softened the last part of her statement for reasons unknown to her. Scott reached over and squeezed her shoulder. “Just be more careful in the future Rogue.” Was all he said before leaving.
That same evening
Kitty was walking down the hall to the room she shared with Rogue when she spotted Logan sitting on the top step of the staircase, drinking from a bottle of Jack Daniels. “Hey Badger.” She said teasingly, walking towards him, stopping when he turned his head towards her. “Whoa, sorry.” She said, then went back to her room, the sight of Logan-Wolverine’s ice blue eyes sending shivers down her spine.
Wolverine sighed as the one he called Half-pint scurried down the hall. He titled his head as she entered the room she shared with the defiant one. He wasn’t surprised to not to hear her in her room where she should be; naturally she was off breaking rules again. Wolverine stood with his bottle and began tracking the troubled teen. He found her twenty minutes later, after he’d polished off the whiskey and three beers. She was down by what everyone called the lake, though it was more of a big pond. He slipped unobserved from the trees, which only ticked him off. She wasn’t paying attention to anything but the harsh music pouring out of her headphones. Wolverine sighed and shook his head. One day he was going to teach her a lesson about being aware of her surroundings, but for now he’d let it go. It was then that he spotted the bottles of wine and beer on the ground.
Rogue sang softly along with Foreigner, her hips swaying slightly in time to the music. She was beginning to relax now, but she wasn’t sure if it was the music or the bottle of wine she’d drunk. She yelped as hard fingers bit into her upper arm and her headphones were snatched out of her ears and tossed towards the lake. She gapped as her mp3 player skipped four times before making a soft splash. She whirled and glared at her captor and destroyer of the mp3 player.
“What the hell is your problem?” she snarled at Wolverine, not caring that he was not a side of Logan that most people treated with caution. The bastard had ruined her stuff. “What the fuck do ya think you’re doing, KID?” he growled back, shaking her. “I’ve been here for five minutes and you didn’t notice me till I touched you!” Rogue wrenched free. “I knew someone was there, but chose to ignore them.” She said indifferently. Wolverine bristled and took a deep shaking breath. “Not only were you not paying attention, you’ve been drinking.” He accused, pointing a claw in her face. Rogue swatted it aside and gave a bored yawn. “Oh, go suck your own balls.” She snapped.
Later, Wolverine could never say what had made him snap, but snap he did. Rogue sashayed past him, heading towards the house, a smile on her face as he gapped at her crudeness. He saw the smirk out of the corner of his eye and snagged her arm, yanked her in front of him, and lifted her off her feet. He growled fiercely into her face, which only made her lift an eyebrow. With an angry roar, he used one hand to slam her into the nearest tree by the throat. Panting, he held her there for a moment and on impulse, yanked up her sheer green shirt.
Rogue was about to protest his treatment of her shirt when suddenly it was over her face and he was kissing her so hard it made her head spin. When his tongue slid inside her mouth, she knew she must have gasped. She put one hand out to push him away but her body betrayed her as she began to respond to Wolverine, her fingers winding into his hair, tongue dueling with his. She let out a soft moan as his lips, tongue and teeth began tracing a line of heat down her jaw and into her cleavage. The hand that had previously been at her throat was now cupping her ass, urging her to wrap her legs around his waist. Wolverine made a pleased sound in his throat she hitched herself onto his hips, kissing him back hard as he was kissing her. He bucked into her, eliciting a whimper from her. He thrust his hips again and nipped her neck with his canines. Rogue whimpered softly and tried to bite him back even as her gloved fingers dug into his collar bones and neck. Wolverine growled and wrapped her hair around one hand, squeezing tight and pulling her head back slightly. His other hand slid up from her ass to her chest. Forgetting her mutation as he swallowed her sudden squeal of pain, he reached into her corset to cup a breast.
Logan blinked several times to clear his head of the woozy feeling and caught the scent of lust, anger and blood. He became aware of a soft breast under his hand, and he looked for the owner of said breast. He let out a strangled sound as he recognized Rogue, though she looked rather drugged at the moment and seemed to be bleeding from the back of her head. Less than five seconds later found him over by the shore of the lake, staring out over it guiltily.
Rogue slid to the ground in boneless shock. She had been under the impression that she would never have anything like that, ever. Once she realized that Logan had vanished, she stood up and walked over to him. When she touched his shoulder, her flinched way from her and took a few steps away from her. “Go to bed kid. Its past you’re bedtime. If you go now, I won’t say anything about the drinking.” He said, not looking at her. Rogue gapped at him for a full minute before the dose of Wolverine she’d just gotten kicked in.
Logan clenched his jaw in self disgust as he waited for her to follow his order. What was wrong with him, for Fucks sake? Logan yowled as something connected with his kidneys, twice. He began to swear as he realized it had been Rogue’s booted foot. Just as he turned to kick her ass, He felt himself go flying through the air. Fuck. Me. Was all he had time to think before the black water claimed his body.