Author's Chapter Notes:
The start of celebrations is never easy, especially living in a house full of talented mutants....
Marie looked out at the world, spring was beginning to show itself, the snow was finally melting and the new shoots of plants were begrudgingly poking into the cold air. Katherine was around and about, sorting out the new seed beds for the vegetables she grew, she always said preparation was half of the battle. And seeing the job ahead of her and the risks she had to take to make it work, well no one would have minded if she'd taken a back seat surely. But she knew that if she did there'd be no happy ending waiting for her.
Plucking the magazines from the window sill Marie went to see Katherine, her advice was always sensible and she could rely on her to be discreet. Kitty had when she'd sprung her Vegas wedding on everyone, after the fact that is. Her and Pete had finally gotten the courage and money together to just go and do it, no bells and whistles just something for themselves. The huge wedding of Jean and Scott wasn't for everyone but then not everyone got invited to the Whitehouse to discuss Mutant Policy matters. Jean was away for months at a time working with Dr McCoy leaving Scott chasing after the stolen moments between the school and the 'extra-curricular' activities they all got upto. No if she was going to do this she needed someone who had the same insight into Logan as she did, but from a different angle. Say what you like about her but it had been Katherine who'd seen Jubilee's depression before anyone else had even noticed her smiles had been faked. The thought of her friend made Marie detour to the nursery, Jube's charges always made her smile, their little hands and faces all looking at Jubes as 'mum'. She needed a good liar if anyone asked where they'd gone and Jubes was a master, thank god she hadn't been interested in politics. Plans formed she went to find her helpers.

“Are you sure?” The words were still in the frost laden air and Marie had to hold the calm gaze of Katherine and Jubes own smiling one.
“As sure as I can be, I mean he can't complain if it's already set up and ready can he? I mean the ring says it all, 'Forged as one we are'. If that's not marriage I don't know what is.” Jubes was smiling widely and Katherine just leant on her spade.
“Yeah but you know what he's like around weddings Roguey, he hates the damn things, all the fuss, all the fake smiles and really bad smells. Hell when Red and Boy Scout got married he was up in the attics cleaning out their new pad. Giving him a chance to walk into a set up isn't something the Wolvster is going to do chica, you know that more than I do.”
The truth hit her in the stomach, he'd know something was off the moment he got home, someone would let the secret slip somehow, they always did. Frustrated Marie just threw the glossy magazines into the air and growled, Jubes just nodded “See you're channelling him now, if you think this is frustrating just think about ordering flowers and no one knowing about it.” Ororo watched every delivery of plants, her own garden upstairs was something to behold and she always checked every single delivery of flowers that came to the doors of the school. She couldn't sneak in her order for wedding flowers to make a bouquet, Ororo would find it.

It was then that Katherine's common sense kicked in and she spoke to the two frustrated women. “There is another way you know, it'll take some work on our part but it'll pay dividends in the long run. You up to hearing it?” Both of them looked at her and it was Jubes who got it first, her smile widening as she turned to Marie.
“Oh My God! It'll be perfect, he'd love it, you will too!” Marie looked at the smiling face of her friend and the slow movements of Katherine, her banging the shovel clean and hefting it over her shoulder. Katherine set off toward the tree line and then Marie saw what she had in mind for them both, if they couldn't get away to tie the know then they'd get married here. But what about the service? As they walked into the still snowy under-brush Marie began to pick into the small store of Logan's memories she still had, looking for anything religious, any service he'd been to willingly. She followed behind the two of them, wracking her mind for any reference but she came up blank, they might have found a place to get hitched but if there was no preacher, there was no marriage. Putting her doubts aside for a while Marie let fate guide her, it had led her to Logan and so far that had been the best piece of her life, she only hoped the rest would be.
Chapter End Notes:
As always please feel free to tell me what you think, it is appreciated. Hugs Jo