Author's Chapter Notes:
What happened in the woods? Ans what happens now?
They rode in silence for at least a half mile, Marie resting against the chest of her now husband, she felt the ring on her finger, silver and something else, it had a sheen to it, something she couldn't put her finger on but it felt primal, old. Logan had his hand around her waist and held her on the vast shoulders of the horse, the way the beast managed to move through the tight woods even amazed her. He slid through gaps that seemed too small for him but he did it with ease, every time they went uphill she felt her hips jar against Logan's own. Her own hands tried to grip the mane of the horse but with each backward jolt all she wanted was behind her. She was wearing silk over nylon and as such she was sliding back and forth, it wasn't long before Logan's hand slid lower so he was cupping her as they rode. Frustrated Marie ground herself back into Logan, she wanted him, she'd wanted him to touch her for years and now she had him.

Logan slowed the horse to a halt and she could hear and feel his breathing, turning her head to look up at him she could see him trying not to just throw her down to the floor. It then struck her, for all the time she'd been waiting, so had he. “Logan please I want you to...” He put his gloved finger against her lips and went for his pocket, he pulled something out and sprayed his skin away from her own. Replacing the thing he pulled her face close to his, when she knew what he was going to do she almost recoiled from him, but remembered her vows and let him touch her.
His lips touched hers, for the first time since Cody a man was kissing her, Logan was kissing her, her husband was kissing her! It took her brain about half a second to respond to the stimulus, before her hands were on his head, the nylon covering rasping against his skin. But her mouth was on fire, Logan shifted back and let her turn herself so she now faced him, his hands gripped her just as tightly. One on her head and one on her hips pulling her into his body, making her lift her covered legs over his own so she was almost seated on his lap. He was alive with need, his entire self was shuddering, as if he had St Vitus Dance, Logan's body was almost too hot for her to touch and there was a darkness sitting just behind the hazel of his eyes. Something dark, something eager, something not all together human and it was this that stopped her hands and finally recognised that Logan was trying to tell her something. She sat on his lap, legs across his own strong thighs, her sex just a few inches away from his own and Marie realised that this was as close as they'd ever been. This wasn't just her dream, it had been Logan's as well and he was barely hanging onto his sanity. Her hands dropped to his shirt, the beautiful silk shirt that reflected her own dress and she let her heartbeat slow a little as Logan stopped his body shaking from pure will. His voice was a whisper but she heard him all the same, “I want you, I've wanted you ever since I found you on the torch, trussed up like a lamb to the slaughter. You cared enough to come and help me, you called out when I was about to be stabbed, you'd seen me take worse damage in the cage.” Marie blushed at his words and Logan's smile deepened, “Oh yeah I saw you there, your face looking over mine as if you didn't understand how I could do that to myself, that I must have some worth to someone. Thing was I didn't, until you gave me some, with those two words. You cared enough to warn me even when I would've healed the damage almost instantly.”
Marie leaned forward and rested her hair against his naked skin, her lips just a tiny distance away from his own, “Yeah that's true, but ya'd still felt the pain wouldn't ya?” Logan closed his eyes and nodded, pulling her next to him, letting her wrap herself around his form for the first time since his homecoming.
“Yeah, it'd hurt like a bitch for a few hours but it'd fade,” he pulled her back so he could look in Marie's full eyes. “The memory of you though, in that duffle, tears just about to fall, not out of fear of me, but for me. The way you were holding onto your kit bag, everything about you would've come back to me in dreams, of you speaking, of me just leaving you behind to their mercies. It did once or twice but I liked the other version better.” Marie cocked her head to one side as she listened to the whispers coming from the heart of her husband.
“I won the fights, came back for beer and instead of ignoring you, I paid for a beer and a meal for you, you came with me when I left and we kept travelling. No X-Men, no Magneto, no war, just us and the open road, a never ending open road, where when we ran out of gas, there was nothing else but us and it was enough, for both of us.”

Marie was speechless, the dream he was describing felt so real, so perfect, it felt like it had been cherished, nurtured, grown into another life. A good dream to battle the darkness that took over his nights, he'd made her a refuge from everything, a dream that had just become reality and suddenly Marie was glad they'd had the engagement the way they had. It had given him time to see the reality from the dream, he'd had time to separate them and he knew what he had in his hands was real but if they wanted it to last they had to tackle it carefully.

Yes she wanted him, yes she needed him in the worst way possible but both of them were dangerous, her more than Logan. Marie kissed the lips in front of her, chastely this time and ran her now bare hand down his skin softly, feeling the micro layer he'd put on it, a barrier to keep him safe from her touch. He could still feel her but not completely, “I love you Logan, I want to show you how much I love you, I want to touch you, taste you, lose myself in you, all of you.” He couldn't help but growl at her words as they ran over his cooling skin. Marie dipped her head to kiss the side of his neck quickly, just where the ear meets the neck and Logan's grip doubled on her body. His hips jerking involuntarily upwards into her own, her own breath now deep and heavy, her breasts straining at the silk as she moved against his chest. “Take me home, let me take you.” Marie gripped him resting her head on his shoulder, her legs over his own, her hands knotted in the silk of his shirt. She could feel the rumble of his breath with each movement of the horse beneath them, they were having sex without touching, each pass of the horses gait her hips raised and lowered on his own. They both needed the practice, this closeness, this moment of touching without touching, she needed to trust him when she was naked and if she was nervous when he touched her she could hurt him. This way she could get used to his bulk, his scent of arousal, his form against her, she'd had no touch but her own until now and as much as her sex ached for him she'd have to wait. As they finally came out of the forest to daylight she blinked and snuggled herself into his warmth, the world could go hang itself. They didn't care who saw them, all that mattered was themselves and each other, they'd waited enough.

Over in the glade, they had fun, played games, laughed, got a little drunk on mead and finally wandered back in ones and twos. But Katherine and the Farrier were the last to leave, when all had been tidied away and cleaned Katherine bowed low to the Farrier who in turn nodded shallowly to the mother of the house. She turned to leave when the Farrier's voice made her turn back “Do they know how special they are?” Katherine smiled at the people who'd left earlier and at the words of the man in front of her.
“I don't know Old Father, what do you think?” The Farrier grinned and plucked something from his coat and threw it to Katherine's hand.
“Use it when you need me, I'll be able to hear the prayer,” the coin in Katherine's hand was old, silver and battered. A lame smith on one side, a horse on the other with a small bee in the top left, when Katherine looked up from it the Farrier and his anvil were nowhere to be seen. Smiling in her soul Katherine went to join the rest of the party, if she knew the people she lived with, everyone would know a wedding had occurred today. Listening to the new shouts and laughter rising on the late spring air she hoped Marie and Logan were already in their room by now. Otherwise they might have some casualties to see to, picking up her long skirts Katherine ran back to her home, still feeling the ring of the anvil strike throughout her soul. Gods may come and go, but craftsmen live forever.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks go to Litlen for helping me out with this next section, thank you honey, your advice was very welcome.