Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie gets a care package!
“Rogue could you come to the office please?” The tannoy system wasn't always used by teachers, but Jeans voice sounded a little strained to Marie's ears and she quickly made her excuses to her class and went to see what the news was.

She'd instigated a couple of news searches herself, looking for Logan in Asia, she'd come up against a barrage of stories, all nonsense and all definitely not Logan but to be called to the office? Shaking her head she went to see what the trouble was.
Jean was sat behind the large mahogany desk, the Professor wasn't at home and Jean was looking a little flustered. “Ah Rogue, if you'd please sit down I'll get the message that came for you.”

Marie's nerves shot skyward, they weren't that many people who knew where she lived, only members of the team and the kids here. Friend making was low down on her priorities list, making sure she didn't hurt anyone was at the top of it. When Jean returned she held a small package in her hand, it had been opened obviously and Jean was apologizing as she handed it over to her. “I'm sorry we had to open it but the metal detector went off when it passed through the scanner, we have to be careful with things these days. It's all there, nothing is missing I can assure you, although why someone would send you these things I have no idea.”

Her fingers caressed the brown paper before peeling it back to reveal the contents, the small tin box was decorated with a cherry blossoming, the enamel of it was worn and pitted but still beautiful. Opening the lid Marie revealed what was inside, there was a cuttlefish bone, carved with a design of tribal patterns, wild and unfettered. A thin grey cord, woven through with silver chain, so delicate and soft but strong at the same time and at the bottom a layer of dried seaweed under which a delicate ebony and silk fan sat. Taking it out Marie. Let the fan fall open to reveal the inner picture of it's delicate face, a crane seated upon a pine tree, it's mate flying toward it with the sun rising behind it's wings.

Deep inside her Marie knew what the message was, as she folded the fan carefully back and tucked it under the seaweed, the smile on her face quirky and unfathomable. She saw Jean's head tucked back into the work she had to do, as if her presence wasn't even noticeable to her. “Thanks Jean, I'll get back to my class if that's okay?”
“Hmm, yeah sure Rogue,” Jean waved a hand dismissively as Marie rose out of her chair. Before she got to the door Jean spoke once more. “Don't forget you're on house duty this week! Pete and Bobby are on mission rotation with the new students so you'll be here alone. Should be quiet though, we've sorted the local 'problem' out.” Marie didn't really hear her her mind was on something else entirely, taking her package she went to finish her lesson. After that she'd be having a talk with Jubilee.
Chapter End Notes:
The next chapter will be a little gore heavy so I'm warning you in advance. Thanks for reading this far!