Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, here it is. Thanks everyone for taking this bumpy ride with me. This was kinda a "work it out" fic to see what I like and what I don't when I write. There's already another one in the works (well, in my brain anyway). Thanks for reading! Double thanks to the reviewers!
Epilogue: Two Years Later

Scott raised slightly fearful eyes to land on Logan logging into his personal computer. Upon their return to the mansion two years ago, he had petitioned Xavier to get all the adults on the team their own computers so "no one would ever be out of the loop." He mentally snorted. Yeah right. More like he wanted no more mistakes like what happened before when two men shared. He shuddered slightly and moved to the opposite side of the jet with his own laptop. Wouldn't do at all to accidentally see what Logan was looking at.

Yeah, he sometimes still had nightmares over what would happen if Logan found out that he had seen that video of Rogue. Granted, he had only seen about 3 seconds of it and the experience was two years in the past, but one could never be too careful when tangling with a Wolverine. The two of them were on another mission together, the first since that fateful one, the length of this being only two days and one night (thank God). They were here on a simple pick-up. Day one: Pitch Xavier's message to the parents. Give them the night to discuss it with the kid and make up their minds. Day two: hightail it back to Westchester, kid in tow, like Sauron's eye had finally registered their presence in his territory. He nodded slightly. Yup. Nothing would happen because there was nowhere near enough time for incidents.

He hadn't been able to look Rogue in the eye for months after the last one, something he was sure she noticed, and he avoided her at all costs during that time. He hoped he hadn't hurt her feelings because he never wanted to hurt her, but he just didn't know how to deal after having seen that much of her. The students still talked about how clumsy and unScottlike he had been the day he walked into a doorway and broke his visor. Good thing no one ever guessed he was fleeing the approaching Rogue and wasn't watching where he was going. The two of them had eventually settled back into their usual relationship of brother and sister, but to this day, he still couldn't be in the same room if people were talking about her relationship with Logan. Hopefully she assumed it was out of his respect for her privacy because lord knew what she would say if she discovered the real reason.

He pulled up Google on his computer, deciding to do some research for his next lesson plan in order to alleviate the boredom and change the path of his thoughts. This mission was looking to be a cakewalk. Their meeting with the parents that day had gone smoother than peanut butter and he was sure that the Murphy's would call early the next morning to arrange that day's meeting. It was so nice to actually find parents who cared about their mutant child because so few of the students had blood relations to fall back on. He sighed. Some things in the world were just so sad. Sadder even then the state his body would be in if Logan ever did find out he knew exactly what Rogue looked like below the waist.




Well this happened too fucking often for his liking, Logan thought, regarding his again forced seclusion with Scooter. Someone really needed to learn that the two of them just did not play well together. He took a calming breath. Oh well, time to open his email. Since that first mission where he was gone for so long he and Marie had turned her little project into a tradition. Any time either of them was gone on a mission overnight, the part of the pair that was left at home had to make a video or send a picture to ease the space between them. He cringed slightly. Being with her had almost turned him into a sap, though, better to be a sap with her than the biggest badass without her. This way he was a sappy badass, which was much better for everyone involved.

He found the link in his email and opened it finding, to his delight, that she had sent a video. He put his earphones in, for sure not wanting to share any of this side of Marie with Scooter.

The video started and the shot was of the back of his chair and their room beyond it. Marie had long since moved in with him, so there always seemed to be more of her things strewn around the room than any of his ever were. A lot of the things he could see now were pretty lacy and miniscule though, so he couldn't bring himself to care because their presence made it so much easier for him to picture her wearing them. Her voice, saturated with love, began speaking.

"Hey baby. I wanted to make this quick video to tell you that you've been the most important person in my life for the longest time, ever since I first found you in that bar. You know, that day, I decided you were mine? Makes me sound like you a little bit doesn't it? It's true though. I could see how amazing you were and at that moment, I somehow knew your life was going to be tangled up with mine like a ball of yarn not wrapped properly." She paused and took a breath. "Isn't it amazing what experiences in life can turn into binding lines that connect two people together? As I mentioned, you're the most important line in my life baby, except for this one maybe."

With that, the camera panned down the back of the chair, showing the signs of wear that good use had forced into the leather. The camera stopped on the chair, but the image was blurry, not focusing for a second as the picture zoomed in on a white thermometer looking thing in the seat. It focused and Logan saw it was actually a pregnancy test. And, in the little 'Yes' box, there was a pink line clear as day. He sat in stunned silence, mind totally blank, for a minute before Marie's voice broke his trance.

"So I hope you weren't hoping to get rid of me any time soon because that line isn't going away and I'm pretty sure it's the most tied together any two people can ever be. I love you daddy!" She turned the camera towards her face and blew it a kiss before shutting it off.

Logan surged to his feet, not sure what he was doing, but positive that he needed to move. A father? He was gonna be a father?! "Scott," he croaked through a throat suddenly dry, before his brain protested his standing up right and took away his coconsciousness, assisting gravity in flinging his dead weight to the floor.




"Logan? Logan!" Scott exclaimed running over to see what had caused the older man to fall over, expecting some sort of attack. He looked around, finding nothing, before glancing at the computer in slight fear of what could be on the screen. He knew there were such things computer viruses, but this was ridiculous. He covered his face with his hands, making sure his eyes were under the shield, and tried to talk himself into looking at the computer. He forced his fingers slightly apart, like he was watching a horror movie, and squinted at the screen through the spaces. Whimpering, he slammed his fingers back shut but, just like last time, he couldn't unsee the image. At the moment, he would be hard pressed to say, out of the two, which video image he was more disturbed by. Another Logan, albeit smaller, running around causing mayhem and getting into his business? Unfucking believable. Scott whimpered again. Why did these things always happen to him?
Chapter End Notes:
Please Please Please let me know if there was anything that seemed off or not quite right in this story. I don't want to make the same mistakes twice!