Author's Chapter Notes:
Scott hates me. He really did not want to be written and it took me longer to write his part of this than the rest of the chapter put together. Oh well. Thanks to my reviewers!

A chapter a day keeps the doctor away! (or so I keep telling myself, because this stupid bunny won't leave me alone until it's written)
Scott walked into the Blackbird and was immediately confronted with an enigma. How had his laptop gotten from the special compartment, the one he had had built into the dashboard to store electronics, to the floor? He pondered the thought for a moment; finally settling on the idea that Logan was probably trying to piss him off again. The whole time they had been stuck here things kept assaulting him to further his belief that Logan's actual mission was making his life as close to Hell as possible. Whether it be messing up the entire jet or not cooperating with the mission game plan, Logan was definitely being obstinate. Scott had popped back once during the last shift, to grab a sandwich and use the facilities (yes even fearless leaders needed them sometimes), to find Logan sprawled all over the bunk instead of in the videoconference with Charles that was supposed to be taking place. Also, pretty much everything that wasn't nailed down was in total disarray. He sighed. The sooner they got back home, the better. He couldn't stand the Neanderthal's lack of manners for much longer.

He picked up the computer, opened it and slid into the co-pilot's seat to draft his daily report to Kitty. She was currently in charge of organizing all the information that they were gathering on the operations of the facility and she wasn't exactly a lenient taskmaster in regards to late reports. Actually, she was pretty good at the job and may have to be permanently assigned to it... He filed away that thought and looked at the screen.

Huh. Wasn't that interesting? He didn't have yahoo mail, meaning that Logan must. He never would have suspected the feral could operate a computer, let alone sign up for an account. Guess you learned something new everyday. The problem was, this little tidbit of information was causing curiosity to run rampant in his brain. Who could Logan possibly be communicating with electronically? Why would anyone want to communicate with him outside of trying to convince him they were indeed worthy to still walk the earth? Well, either way, Logan did not have permission to be using his computer. He hadn't even asked. What would become of the world if simple courtesies like that were thrown out the window every day? He shook is head in awed disbelief.

Scott finished his report, sent it to Kitty and shut down the computer before putting it back into its proper compartment. As his mother had often said to him during his childhood years "A place for everything and everything in its place". It was a motto he had taken to heart and it had stood him in good stead over the years. He made sure to lock the compartment and connect it to the Blackbird's security system in a quiet dare to Logan to try to use the computer again without asking. He went to the back, grabbed a quick shower, checked his phone for messages and crawled into bed. Another day down and only five to go before he was back home with intelligent conversationalists. With that pleasant thought roaming his head, Scott fell into a deep sleep overrun with happy dreams.




Logan decided he was way more comfortable today on the stupid hill than he had been in days. In fact, he was so content and comfortable that he couldn't even come up with nastier language than the word stupid. Throughout the day and onto dusk, he would occasionally pull out the picture of Marie and remember that she was waiting for him back at home. That was probably one of the best things in their semi-new relationship. Knowing that someone actually cared if he came back was an amazing feeling that sometimes made his chest tight and, surprisingly, didn't make him feel trapped at all. Thought he was more used to his ways as a nomad, there was something to be said in the routine that came with having a permanent residence. Also, it wasn't like he couldn't still pick up and go when the itch to move got too much to handle. Just meant that there would be two travelers instead of one and life on the road would be a lot less lonely.

Maybe he and Marie should go for a little roam when he got back and this whole situation with the warehouse was straightened out. It would give them some needed alone time, both for adult pursuits and for getting used to this wonderful thing happening to them, without snooping know-it-alls trying to impose pointless rules of morality on their lives. They were both still adjusting to the change in relationship and, though they weren't expressly hiding it, they weren't shouting it from the rooftops either. Xavier had made it clear to Jean that it was up to them when and if they decided to let everyone else know their business. He nodded to himself. A short time away was definitely in order.

Right around the time Scott was supposed to come relieve him he tucked the picture back into his jacket and looked toward the truck that had just pulled up outside the warehouse. Seeing a familiar shape being dragged out of the back, hands tied in front of him caused Logan's lip to rise in a half sneer. So, the fleabag Sabertooth was dumb enough to get himself caught by these losers. Almost served the bastard right for the unforgivable acts he had been involved in over the years. But that was only almost. No one really deserved being captured by these shady assholes. At least, right now, this place was only being used as a holding facility. The X-Men would move to extract all the mutants, including their enemy, before any of them got lost in the system of labs they knew were being supplied by this jail.

Logan saw Sabertooth's nostrils flare, most likely catching his scent because he looked right at Logan's hiding spot. Logan checked the positions of the guards, stood quickly and gave a half mocking, hopefully reassuring, salute to the other feral before dropping back out of sight. The upside was, with Sabertooth being one of the prisoners, the X-Men’s job would be that much easier. If they released him first, he would tear through his captors and do half the work for them.

Sabertooth raised his lips and gave a half growl as he was being pushed into the building. Logan was confident that he knew the X-Men wouldn't leave him to rot. Too bad they couldn't have let him sweat it out a little bit more first though. Luckily, the rational part of Logan's mind had butted in to point out that it wouldn't help any to have the warehouse's guards stirred into alertness by Sabertooth's nature-driven efforts of escape.

Scott appeared at Logan's side about five minutes later. Logan gave him a quick rundown of the incident, which Scott told him he was to report, by phone, to Kitty as soon as he got back to the Blackbird.

"Yes mom," Logan muttered as he began to crawl away, jumping into a sprint when he was far enough away to not be detected. He couldn't wait to get to that computer and see his sexy baby.




Once he got back, it was only a matter of 5 minutes to get the Kitten up to speed before he was able to hang up civilly. Okay, maybe he had kinda hung up on her mid question. She was the dumb one asking the same fucking things over and over. If she wanted the answers, she could play back his responses because they were always recorded anyway. Now where had Scott put his precious laptop?

He looked in the obvious places to leave a computer, on the chairs, on the bathroom counter (he wasn't telling, so don't even ask) and on the dash area, to come up empty handed. Then, he noticed the closed compartment door next to the pilot's chair that had been open since they had landed. Really? The anal retentive prick had put it back in that stupid compartment that no one else even used. Logan snorted at the thought of Scott's form of crazy. Well, at least he had found the location of the computer. He pushed the button that should have opened the door. It didn't.

He glared at it and pushed it again a little harder. Still nothing. Fucking Scott! He punched the button and was rewarded for his efforts with a little shock from the security system. Logan jerked his hand away and, sucking on his fingers, contemplated the situation he was in. As far as he could see, he had two options, one of which was going back to the hill and asking Scott's permission to use the computer. Scott would give him the password to get the Blackbird to release its treasure and probably wouldn't harass him too much for it. It would be worth it in order to see what Marie had come up with for him that day. But, to date, Logan had never asked Scooter for anything. Well, today was not going to break his streak. And there was another option. I mean, really, what was a little electrocution when compared to seeing Marie?

His claws shot out and, bracing himself, he plunged them into the locking mechanism.




Logan groaned and cracked open his eyes, struggling for a minute to convince his head to roll sideways so he could see the clock on the dashboard. It was 11 pm meaning he was only out two hours. Not too bad. Last time he had gone up against the Blackbird, he had lost about six. Must be the internal system wasn't as powerful as the exterior.

He remained lying on the floor until the room stopped spinning before pushing himself into a sitting position. He half crawled to the compartment, ripped the door off (take that Scooter) and grabbed the computer. He flung up the screen and drummed his fingers on the keys waiting for it to boot up.

Finally, he got his email open and found the message he had been waiting for all day. He clicked on the link and relaxed into a more comfortable position with the co-pilot's chair as a backrest.

The lights came up on Marie already sitting in the chair, wearing the same robe as the night before. Her face looked freshly scrubbed and her legs were crossed demurely. She was brushing her hair. He sighed and felt a slight smile pulling at his lips. She always did what she could to make his day and sometimes he thought she knew him too well. He loved to see her running her hands and brush through that glorious hair, letting the waves dance in the light while the fragile column of her throat, his second favorite place on her body, played a game of hide-and-seek with his eyes.

She made eye contact with the camera and, putting the brush on the floor, smiled brilliantly at him.

"Hey Logan. I hope you found the picture I left for you. If you ask me really nicely" her lips acquired more of a smirk than a smile at that "maybe I'll tell you who took it". She leaned back into the chair more and uncrossed her legs. At the moment, he couldn't really be pressed to care who had taken the picture. Unless it had been that Cajun dickhead that always seemed to be too way close to Marie. Okay, maybe he did still care. Her starting to speak again jerked his attention away from plotting a murder and back to the video.

"I wanted to tell you I remembered other things that I've been missing since you left. Waking up with your head buried in my hair is honestly one of the best things in my life and I am definitely missing it". It was one of his favorite things too come to think of it. "It's also nice to be woken up with your head other places". She actually looked down and blushed slightly at that. He grinned. Oh yeah, waking her up that way was good too.

"In all honesty, I haven't been sleeping too great over the past few days. I think I'm used to a little more activity before bed like I get when you're here". He could swear she was staring dead into his eyes with that comment. "Of course, I've also gotten rather used to being maneuvered into whatever position you want me to sleep in so you can curl up around me. I miss having you that close," she sighed

"Me too, darlin'," he whispered.

She looked slightly melancholy for a minute and then seemed to force herself to brighten up. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you I got you another present". He sucked in his breath, not sure he could survive another of her presents, in the same day at that. His eyes flew to her fingers as she moved them out of her lap to the knot holding the robe closed.

"I had wanted to wait until you got home so I could see your reaction to it, but I decided I just couldn't. I feel too sexy in it to just let it sit in a box that long". She pulled open the robe and shrugged it off her shoulders. "What do you think baby?"

He sat stunned for a minute. She was wearing a black, satiny nightdress that barely covered her crotch it was so short. It was also see-through enough to proudly display her pebbled nipples, which were just begging to be enclosed by his mouth, and to show she wasn't wearing anything at all under it. There were little ruffles along the top that forced his attention to stay fixated on her breasts and on his tags smashed between them. At that moment, he wanted nothing more than to follow that chain into her cleavage. He wanted to peel the dress off her and make her scream loud enough for everyone to hear that she was his. No one had the right to look that sexy and ripe for the picking, especially when the harvester was a few states away.

Her voice dropped into a husky almost whisper. "I think you like it. I think there are all kinds of dirty thoughts running amok in your head right now. I think you're mentally cussing out Scott and Jean and the fuckers that are capturing mutants, forcing you to be away from me. Honestly, I am too. I think your mouth is watering right now. And I think that's my cue to go to bed. And I'm going to be wearing this and letting the satin slide over me while I wish it was your hands caressing me". She raised her hand to her mouth, kissed her palm, and blew the kiss his way. He could have sworn it actually made physical contact with his body because he definitely felt it.

"Sweet dreams, Logan". And the screen went black.




Chapter End Notes:
I hope this didn't seem too choppy. I felt the breaks were needed to show the time passage, but please let me know if it didn't work!