Story Notes:
So, also jumping on the bandwagon that Movie-Mom started and that a lot of other great people contributed to. First story ever. Constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here we go. Lets hope the ride isn't too bumpy. Please let me know what you think. This the chair will have more of a centralized part in other chapters...
Three days into a nine-day mission and Logan was ready to slaughter every non-mutant in the warehouse they were watching so he could go home, damn the high potential for death. There was no reason at all that he should be assigned to a scouting mission. Everyone knew his skills were better suited to the more eternal badass-based demands of the team. But no, instead of teaching the brats how to not get their respective asses kicked in a fight, he was stuck sitting around and watching, having no one to listen to but Scooter. Stop fidgeting, Logan. Pay attention, Logan. We need to know their every move, Logan. He sneered at his mental rundown. The next time the asshole said his name; Logan was going to show him exactly why he should have insisted on a different partner for this mission.

He rolled slightly to the left to flick a beetle off the black leather sleeve of his uniform before settling back into the depression in the grass his body had made over the past few days. He scanned the warehouse with eyes and ears, coming up with no indicators that anything of interest was happening. He also cocked an ear back toward the blackbird hidden about 800 yards behind him. The woods were so quiet; he could just make out a slight shuffling sound. Sounded like Scott was moving around again. Good. Was almost time for them to switch observation duty.

Shit. Fuck Jeanie for sticking him out here with Scooter. He knew she was the reason he was stuck on this insect ridden hill over looking a warehouse turned mutant holding facility instead of being at home wrapped around Marie. Jean had gotten it into her pea brain that it was up to her to stop the "disgusting and damaging activities" that she had witnessed in his room last week. She took every opportunity she could to separate the two of them and too bad for him she was on roster duty this week. After "forgetting" to knock that day she turned on her heel and headed straight to Xavier's office to squeal like the goody-two-shoes she was.

He and Marie had quickly thrown on some clothes and stormed the office together to find him rolling his eyes at Jeanie and yelling at her for butting into a relationship that was between two consenting adults. Needless to say, both of them were a little bit shocked by his reaction but he just winked and sent them on their way. Jean, on the other hand, seemed to have sprouted roots and an inability to close her mouth due to the shock. Logan had briefly entertained the idea of throwing something in it before catching Marie's glare. She shook her head (knew him too well didn't she?) and dragged his ass out of there and back to his room. Either way, Logan had made an enemy of a friend in the space of a minute.

Logan snorted. Like he cared what Jean thought about him. She was probably way more pissed off over being wrong about Xavier's response to her little news than over his relationship with Rogue. Like it was anyone's business what they did in the privacy of his room. Well, make that in his room and in his chair.

God just the thought of his chair was enough to derail his brain from any thing else. Even when she wasn't in it, it still smelled like her. Well, like them actually. But it was better when she was in it. Yeah, he was getting hard just thinking of his beautiful girl draped over the back. Brown and white hair all mussed by his hands and pretty back presented so he could take a bite out of the bottom curve of her shoulder blade. So fucking sexy. Given the change he would strip her bare, step back and study her. Drink in the sight and smell and just wait for the blush to start in her questioning face. Then he would come closer, hands reaching out to tou-

"What the hell, Logan? Are you paying any attention at all?" The demand startled Logan from his fantasy though it didn't get rid of the itchiness of want in his palms. Scott stealthily belly crawled the last few feel to his side. "I thought you had super hearing. Couldn't even hear me talking to you for a full minute. Shows how helpful it's been to have you actually take a watch if you can't...".

Logan threw a scowl Scotts way, making him trail off and shift slightly in nervousness. He was way more annoyed at having his fantasy interrupted than the other man was at being ignored.

"Have fun babysitting. I'm going back to the jet." He growled as he started to turn and inch away. "Nothing new to report" he snapped in response to the slight sound of Scott opening his mouth. He didn't think he could even stand hearing the other man's voice. All he wanted to hear at the moment was Marie's gasping his name accompanied by the sound of the squeaking leather of his chair as he pounded into her.

About fifty yards from where he left Scott, and out of the sightlines of the warehouse, he finally got to his feet, smirking bitterly at the sound of the squeaking leather of his uniform taunting him. He kicked himself into a slight jog and, ducking and weaving, took a roundabout track through the woods to the jet in a clearing, checking the perimeter on his way. He slowed as he passed the last tree, stepping into the clearing. The cloaking device on the Blackbird being what it was, he never would have seen it had he not known what to look for. The damn thing blended in so well with the clearing. He shook his head slightly in wonder at the limitlessness of Xavier's funds. Man was loaded.

He pushed a hidden spot on a rock about two feet from the jet. Hank had created it as a way for them to open up the ramp to the bird that wouldn't be obvious to anyone trying to break in. You could bang and push on sections of the jet all you wanted and get nowhere near the interior. You would get a nice shock of electricity though. Logan smirked as the ramp lowered, remembering a day when Mystique had learned the hard way not to touch other people's things. Her little friends had had to carry her off after she was zapped trying to sabotage the X-Men's chance at escape.

Logan stalked into the jet and began tugging at the leather of his jacket, wasting no time getting out of the restricting outfit. Leaving the pieces where they would fall, more to irritate Scooter than out of laziness, he quickly checked his phone for messages. One missed call from Marie and one text from her. The text read "Was trying to wait for you to get back to go to sleep, but I was just too tired. Instead, check your email. Love you". And that was it.

Secretly he had kinda hoped that she had left a voicemail because the need to hear her voice was starting to become a physical ache (not that that was something he would ever vocalize). Grabbing Scott's laptop, which the prick was never far from, he settled back onto his bunk to see what entertaining thing Marie had thought to send him. She was always finding some of the stupidest, yet funny things to share. Some Y-tube thing or other. He really didn't get it, but sometimes the videos made him laugh.

He opened his email to find a link to a video. Slightly shaking his head, he clicked it. Maybe she had found another entertaining superhero video. Those always amused him.

The video started out black and slowly the lights came up on familiar surroundings. He sat up straighter What the hell was his room doing on a video on the internet? On the screen was his chair to the right of the screen with his unmade, slightly chaotic looking bed in the background on the left. Then Marie walked into the screen and everything else lost his attention.

God was she a sight. She wasn't even wearing anything overly sexy. Just a white satin robe that fell to mid-thigh and his tags. Silky, bare legs gleaming in the light. Her hair was down and she wasn't wearing make-up. Looked about ready to fall into bed if the slightly lidded eyes were anything to go by. This was the Marie only he got to see. Not the tough Rogue that everyone else knew and loved (well, some loved, others ran from in fear). He wanted to reach into the computer and pull her through to him.

She slowly sank into the chair.

"Hey baby. I'm sorry I couldn't call you today before your watch. Jean has some conspiracy going on here that makes it so I am magically crazy busy whenever you aren't on duty. Imagine that, huh?" She rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, I wanted to just tell you that I miss having you here for so many reasons. I miss making fun of Bobby with you. I miss watching the people in your defense class run the other way when they see you coming". He chuckled. Sometimes she would joke that they had left skid marks on the floor from such quick acceleration.

"I miss cuddling with you in that bed" she gestured over her shoulder. "I miss hearing you're slight growl when the alarm goes off in the morning. I miss having someone here who sees me as more than 'Rogue the freak amongst freaks who has the deadly skin". She used her fingers to quote the sentence. Some of the snottiest quotes he had ever seen come to think of it. "Seems they all forget that I can't kill them on accident anymore. Though maybe some of them are concerned that I might do it on purpose..." she chuckled.

"I know you're doing something important, but I just wanted to let you know that not a moment goes by that I don't want to share with you. I wish you were coming home tonight. Just thinking that this is day three is freaking me out because I know you're not gonna be back for awhile yet." He was riveted to the screen, eating up every little thing about the scene. Trying to imagine that it was all happening right in front of him instead in another state and in another time.

"But I should let you get some rest". He almost caught himself saying no to the screen. Good thing no one was around cause that made him feel stupid as hell. "Maybe you should check your email tomorrow. Never know what's gonna come your way." She rose from the chair and walked to the camera, bending at the waist and giving him a great view down her robe. Soon, she was so close that her whole face was taking up the screen, green eyes overwhelming everything.

"Be safe lover" she sighed. Then it went black.

Logan sat in silence, almost trying to will her back to the camera. That video contained some of the girliest sentences he had ever heard uttered by Marie. Something he was going to have to tease her mercilessly about when he got back. After he thoroughly showed her how much he appreciated her for thinking to send it to him. He relaxed into his pillow and hit play again. Wouldn't do to let all of her hard work go to waste with just one viewing, would it?



Chapter End Notes:
We made it?!