Story Notes:
I thought i had uploaded this story a long time ago. Realized I hadn't so i corrected that mistake.
If he lived a million years he would never forget. Never forget the night that he watched her die. The night he killed his wife.

They had been together for five years. Had never actually gotten married. Yet they knew they were married in their hearts. What did that piece of paper matter anyways?

They had moved out into the guest house. They wanted their privacy and Xavier had been more than willing to grant them their wish.

Their love had grown to unimaginable heights. Even without their abilities, they knew each other completely. Could finish each other’s thoughts, feel each other’s presence, knew when one was hurting. It was just how things were with them.

Until he showed up.

Granted, she had never even looked at him as though she even considered him as a lover. She was not the kind to stray. To play behind his back. She was too pure and true for that kind of betrayal.

Yet he laid all the ground work out. Set up scenarios where it seemed almost too convincing. It should have set off alarms in his head. She told him that he made her uncomfortable. Always making lewd comments to her. Tainting how she felt about her body.

Finally after two years of tension and weary battles, everything came to a head.

They had been in their room, making love to each other, when her cell phone began to ring out the theme from Moulin Rouge. Indicating she had a text message. They tried to ignore it, but it just became more and more annoying. Finally he reached across to the bedside table and jerked it open.

'Cherie, meet me tonight at our place. After he is asleep. I have missed you.'

His body filled with overwhelming rage. Flinging himself away from her, he threw the phone at her, jerked on his jeans, and stalked out of their house. He was a man on a mission. That little Cajun home wrecker would die tonight.

Stunned by what had just happened, she couldn't get her body to move. Lying in the center of the bed, naked with her cell phone open on her stomach.

Reaching down, she grabbed the phone. Dreading what she would see. After all, what could make her husband, her passionate mate, leave her in the middle of making love.

Reading the words, she knew where he had gone. Panicking, she quickly dressed and flew from the room.

'Please God; let me make it in time.'

The Mansion was like an obstacle course of carnage. Furniture strewn everywhere, doors split in half and pulled off their hinges. She didn't need the shouts of terror to lead her to the battle.

Just as she had approached ground zero, she saw him crouch down and charge forward. Using all the skills he had taught her over the years, she raced to intercept. She knew she had only one shot at overpowering him.

As Remy let loose a handful of charged cards, she jumped onto her husband's back.

His senses on overload, he never stopped to check who had tried to interfere. He just reacted. Pulling the body off his back, he flung his attacker over his shoulder, right into her death.

Hearing her sharp cry of pain, the only sound that had broke through to him the whole time, he paused. Her body lay on the floor, convulsing from the charges of electricity coursing through her body.

All the rage left his body as if exorcised, his knees hitting the hardwood floor, a purely animalistic cry rang across the room.

The others ran forward to help her. Yet he couldn't move. He had killed her. Because of his jealousy and rage, he had killed the most beautiful thing in his life. The only thing he had left in this world.

Mustering up the energy, he crawled on his stomach to her body. Cradling her head in his arms.

'Turn it on baby. Come on, turn it on.'

"Jean, do something. She's dying."

Knowing the only person who could really help her was already trying, she was powerless.

Running his hands down her face, he saw her eyes flutter once, twice, and then finally open.

The pain, so obvious in her eyes, broke his heart.

Using all her remaining energy, she opened her mouth and whispered one word.

"Why?"

Her head slumped to the side, and her eyes closed then re-opened.

The lifeless eyes that stared back at him were filled with hurt and remorse.

He knew she had gone away. Knew she had not turned on her skin. Knew she had gone away forever heartbroken.

The room was speechless. Everyone was too shocked to speak.

All eyes darted between her dead body and the two men responsible for her death.

"I never meant for dis to happen. Truly, I just wanted da petite for mi self."

Despair and hate filled his heart as he gently picked up her broken body, carried her to their house, and laid her on their bed.

It was so hard to imagine that only twenty minutes before, they had been lost in so much passion, and now they were just lost.

Rising from the bed, he began to pack their things. He wanted to take her to their real home. Let her lay beneath her favorite tree, so she could see the sunrise and the sunset every day.

He spoke only to one person. Trading his beloved Harley for an SUV. He gently laid her body across the back seat, loaded their belongings into the hatch, and began his new life.

The life he had created for himself. The only life he could have without her. A life of pure hell.
He would receive no pardon. He would live forever knowing that he had broken all his promises to her. He had failed to protect her in the end.