~Chapter 2~


Making a left and pulling up the massive large gates, he sighed. Rolling down his window and reaching out, he pressed the buzzer button.

"Who are you and what is your business here?" A crappy female's voice sounded.

"Logan. I'm here about the..."

"Drive up and the door will be open."

And with that, there was silence.

Growling at the tart that dared to cut him off, he frowned. Watching as the gates open, he slipped the gear in drive and proceeded up the rather large driveway. Parking and jumping out, he pushed the double doors open. Walking down the hall and finding a young girl leaning on a wall with a yellow jacket, he raised an eyebrow.

"Im here for..."

"He'll be down shortly. He's rather tied up with his pet." She rather coldy stated.

Hearing the sound of heels to his left, he found five people decending the steps.

Smirking and wrapping an arm around the female beside him dressed in a long light blue skirt and long sleeved dark pink shirt, he couldn't help but notice the look of such misery she held. Pulling her closer as they stoped before him, the older man smiled.

"You must be the infamous Wolverine I heard so much about?" His thick accent sounded.

Noding and trying to place it, Logan remained quite.

"Well, I usually would have you prove yourself and take my guards," he stated, motioning towards the three men behind him. "But, I already had two suddenly die on me. Can't risk any more, any time soon."

"So this her? The one I'll be paid to babysit?" He voiced, eyeing the girl.

Releasing her and moving towards the living room done in red and black, he claimed the large chair. "Don't let her looks fool you. She is well capable to take out the men behind you."

Watching as she obediently followed and settled on the arm, he raised an eyebrow. "That's hard to believe, I..." Pausing, he eyed the two people out in the hall arguing. "Is there a problem boys?"

Quickly going silent and sharing a look, both entered the room.

"No, sir." The tall one in ripped jeans and a black shirt stated, tugging on his brown vest.

"Lie to me again and you will be in celler. Now, let's try this again. What's the problem?"

Seeing his best friend eating a fly, he sighed. "We lost one of the mutants down below when we were..."

WHAM!!!

Jumping and watching as both were sent brawling into the far wall to their left, Logan forced himself to stay, he watched as both fell to the floor unconcious.

Quickly coming to her feet and moving to run over the young girl across from him, found a hand on her wrist. Turning and having her long dark tresses flare across her shoulders, she frowned. "Their hurt and..."

"They got what they deserved." Standing, the man jerked her into his arms. "And the next time you leave my side without my permission, I will not hesitate to do the same to you."

Lowering her gaze, she fell silent.

Narrowing his eyes and tangling his fingers in her hair, he gave it a harsh yank.

Crying out and staring up into his furious grey eyes, she froze as she saw a small glow.

"Understood?"

"Yes, Grayson."

Smiling and kissing her lips, he pulled back and reclaimed his seat. Tugging her into his lap, he sighed. "Now, back to business, Wolverine. I pay a grand every two weeks and all medical care is free. So you have no need to..."

"No thanks for health care. I heal rather fast." He stated, as a small boy no older than ten brought him a beer. Reading the label, he raised an eyebrow.

Laughing and acceping his shot of whiskey, Grayson smirked. "I was told you fancied a Molasas. Don't tell me I was wrong?"

Popping the top and taking a nice sized gulp he smiled. "I like cigars if you were wondering."

Shaking his head, he gave his guard a nod of the head. "Since I know you are a skilled fighter, I just have one test."

"Which is?"

Watching as a tied and bloodied mad was dropped on the black rub, he smirked. "Kill him."

Standing and moving to gladly do it, he paused as red eyes stared back at him.

'Shit!' Logan mentally cursed, as he stared into frightened eyes of Gambit. Now what the hell was he going to do? No doubt this was a test to see if they knee each other, since they happened to appear only a mere day apart there. Fuck, he was screwed.
***********************************************************

Releasing and breath and facing him, she ran a hand through his hair. "I want to go shopping."

Turning his attention away from them, he eyed her. "Now?"

She nodded.

"It can wait."

Watching as the two men continued to stare at one another, she cursed what she was going to do.

Facing him and claiming his lips, she closed her eyes. Running her hand up his arm to his short spikey hair, she deepened it. Just as she began to worry at his lack of recooperating it, he gave a groan and tugged on her hair. Baring her neck and biting on it, she kept the whimpers of pain to herself. Feeling herself being pulled into his arms as he stood, she cringed for what was coming next.

Forcing himself away and eyeing the two men, Grayson sighed. "Take his back to the holding cells. His death can wait another day." turning, he carried his little bundle away.

Glimpsing over his shoulder at the rather dumbstruck man, she gave a sad smile and was soon on her way to bed, with a rather excited and wild man leading the way.
****************************************************************

Tearing his gaze away from the painful hues of the lightest hazel he ever seen, Logan frowned. She did that so Gambit wouldn't die. Knowing what was to come, he felt such pity that he never recalled ever feeling before.

"Guess she saved you tonight, but don't count tomorrow to be the same." One of the guards stated, dragging his friend away.

Showing no sign of emotion, he soon found the kid with the yellow jacket eyeing him. "What?"

"Seems like she likes you, but shame she'll be banged up come morning." She taunted, as she motioned for him to follow her.

Climbing the same steps they disappeared up mere moments, he heard a scream. Pausing and looking towards the master room down the hall with two guards beside the doors, he moved to take a step.

"Don't." She exclaimed grabbing his arm. "If you do that, then what she did for you and your friend will be in vain."

Seeing the reason, that didn't sway the guilt bubbling up in him. Jerking free of her and proceeding down the hall, he growled.

Shaking her head, Jubilee sighed. That damn girl was going to get herself killed. Flinching as another loud scream sounded, she rushed after him.

From her expierence as his 'pet', she would know that scream anywhere. For she going to walk out that room a blue and black punching bag come morning.

Allowing them old memories to leave her, she quickly showed him to his room and headed for her own.
Chapter End Notes:
~In the next chapter you will actually see how 'banged' up out dear rogue is. Yeah i know some people like it rough, but the next chapter is clear TOO rough......plz review and tell me what you think. or else no updating. lol~