Story Notes:
~This story is an alternate universe. I thought I would try something different so give it a try and let me know what you think. Oh, and I'm kind of sticking to Logan's crush on Jean and Storm and Nightscrawler. I'm kind oc mixing everything in it, but not all will be on point from the movies, comics, and more.~
Author's Chapter Notes:
~It's a little confusing, but after you read it, you'll get what's going on.~
~Chapter 1~


"So, what do you think?"

Looking from him to the computer, he folded his arms. "And what exactly do you want me to do? Kidnap the girl?"

Sighing, Xavier slouched back in his wheelchair. "Yes and no. From my knowledge, she is being held against her will for her mutation and..."

"If you call her at that rich and stuffy party smiling held against her will, I'm scared to see what you think of chaining someone up. That may as well be a vacation in your eyes." Logan bit out, pushing off the wall and heading for the door.

"Her parents sold her once her mutation was revealed and since then, she has been forced to read people agaist her will." Shutting the computer off, he glimpsed the window. "I would've had Jean and Storm gather her, but they only allow men around her. From all I gathered, she needs the extra man power due to her mutation."

Knowing he was going to regret it, Logan paused and eyed him. " Which is?"

"She can absorb a person's life force or a mutant's power."
*********************************************************************************

Watching as the last guest left, she wanted to scream out at the hold on her abused arm.

"You did good." The man beside her stated, leading her towards the mansion. "But work calls."

Paling as they entered and ventured down the beautiful halls and into the back room where a man was beaten and tied to a chair, she lowered her gaze.

"Come now, you should be use to this." He bit out, pushing her towards him and taking a step back to claim a seat behind his desk.

"Wha' he do?" She voiced, kneeling and finding sparkling red eyes staring back.

"Snooping in what don't belong to him." Twirling a dagger in his hand, he raised an eyebrow. "Either tell me what I want to know, or you die. Now choose."

Flinching at the threat, she sighed. Stripping the glove off her right arm to reveal purple bruises, she hesitantly placed a hand on his face. Eyes instant rolling back in her head as his memories ran through her mind, she felt the air leave her lungs. Jerking back and watching as the man slumpped against the chair, she fell to her hands and knees. Closing her eyes and slowly taking in a breath, she found herself being pulled to her feet.

Wrapping a blanket over her, he gave her a pointed look.

"He...he was sent here." She stuttered out, as the man now known as Gambit peered up at her with glazed eyes. "He..." Freezing as one of his memories ran through her head, she cried out in pain and collapsed.

Cursing and catching her, he gathered her legs is his other hand. "He what? Who sent him?"

Blinking the darkness away that was calling her, she frowned. "Some mutant from Europe who uh...hired him." She lamely finished.

"Why here?"

"He...they want to investigate about the mutant vanishes from this area."

Pleased, he pushed her over to a larger guy. "That a good girl. Take her up to her room and lock her up. Can't have her trying to escape again, now can we. Oh, and add the manicles to her..."

"I won't leave, I promise." She lowly bit out, as she subconciously rubbed her wrist at the memory of the heavy steel.

Eyeing her, he nodded. "Remain in the room with her then." Kicking the chair and watching as the man fell to the floor, he smirked. "And if she tries anything, kill her."

Cringing and glimpsing the man on the ground, she forced back the smile aching to be revealed as he winked at her. Turning in Julio's hold, she allowed herself to be lead away, but all the while, a voice continued to repeat itself in her head.

"Gambit will be fine. Help is coming. Do not reveal what you learned my dear. You shall be free once again."

Allowing that wise and calm voice to lull her to sleep, she for the first time welcomed darkness.
*******************************************************************************

Thanks for reading, please review and tell me what you think.