Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for your comments and rates as always.


The Cure - Home:
makes me feel so strange inside
dazed confused and starry-eyed
i couldn't love you more
makes me feel the wrong way round
inside out and upside down
i couldn't love you more
I can’t help but smile to myself as I gently stoke the hair on his bare chest and think of last night. I thought I’d misheard what Logan said when he told me he loved me. Me. Sure he’s over protective sometimes and we were close, but I thought he was just looking out for me, being nice. I didn’t ever think he thought of me in that way.

It wasn’t exactly how I imagined it, he was gentler than I thought he would be. I trembled the whole time, my stomach twisting into knots. Nervous because I’d never done or felt anything like that before and the fact it was Logan doing all those things to me. The way his lips touched mine, the way he caressed every inch of my body. The touch of his hands and tongue taking me to places I’d only ever dreamed of going to sending my heart into overdrive. He’s the only man I ever wanted to be so intimate with. Nobody else in the whole wide world makes me feel this way.
It was perfect.

“Mornin’ darlin’” he grins as he strokes my hair, his voice low and raspy. I smile shyly back at him and feel my cheeks turning slightly pink. He smirks and wraps his muscular arms around me holding me close. I listen to the soft beat of his heart as we lay peacefully together on the leather sofa, our clothes strewn around the room. He looks over to where my gaze is drifting and grins “Come on darlin’, lets go for a shower.”


***

“I think I’m ready.” I nod to myself and purse my lips together.

Logan raises an eyebrow as he takes another drag from his cigar, the smoke dancing in the cool afternoon breeze. “Ready for what?”

“To go back to the mansion. I have classes to teach on Monday, if the Professor will let me stay now that is.” I hadn’t really thought about it, but would I still have a home and a job now that I had the cure? It’s the only place I ever truly thought of as ‘home’ where I’d been accepted for who and what I was, made friends with other people just like me. Sure I’d have to face Bobby and Kitty, but I’d have to do that sooner or later anyway, and it would be easier with Logan by my side.

Logan smiles gently “You’re a great teacher an’ Chuck knows that. Of course he’ll have ya back. And if he don’t then he’s got me to deal with.” he grins as the smoke pours out of his mouth. He places his arm around my waist and gently strokes the fabric of my black and white shirt. I hope he’s right about the Professor…

***

“Really, again?” I giggle as his lips travel down my neck sending shivers down my spine. He gently pushes me down onto his bed, places his hands so they’re resting either side of my head, pinning me beneath him.

He pulls away and looks deep into my eyes “You know I meant what I said yesterday, right? I know it wasn’t exactly romantic, but I couldn’t help it, seein’ you sittin’ there lookin’ so damn beautiful…””

“I know, I love you too Logan.” he’s so cute when he’s worried.

He mirrors my smile and plants another kiss onto my lips. “Come on we better start packin’, it’s a long trip back.”

I get up and grab my duffel back and place the pile of neatly folded clothes into it. I start go get a weird feeling in my stomach, like the kind I used to get when I was younger on the last day of summer, knowing that the next day it was back to the dreary normality of everyday life. Although we need to go back, part of me wishes we could stay here in our cosy retreat. But as long as I’m with Logan, it doesn’t really matter where we are.

After I’ve packed all my belongings back into my bag , I take my luggage outside and place it in Logan’s truck. Then I remember.
“Logan, what about my car?” I ask as I step back into the cabin and let the door shut behind myself.

“What do you mean?” he calls out from the kitchen, putting his left over bottles of beer back into their cardboard box. He’s obviously forgotten too.

“My car is here and your truck. I can’t just leave it here and I don’t really want to drive all the way back on my own.” It was scary enough driving here going up all the steep twisting roads in the dark, coming back down them would be even worse.

He places the bottle in his hand down onto the table and pulls his cell phone out of his pocket. “Don’t worry, I know what to do.”

***

Ororo phones us to say she’s near so we drive down to an old unused military training camp to meet the Blackbird, I follow Logan in my car. My biggest worry about going back is everyone’s reaction to my decision to get the cure. Logan told me that it was none of their business anyway, but still I worry that some won’t understand that I had to do this, that they will think I did it out shame for what I was. But like Logan said, it’s nothing to do with them. As for Bobby, he’ll get what’s coming to him if Logan get’s his way.

The Blackbird is ready and waiting when we get there, doors of the cargo hull open in the for us to drive our cars in. When they’re secured we make our way up to the flight deck where we’re greeted by Storm.

“Good to see you Logan. Rogue,” she smiles sympathetically when she turns to me and places her arms around me. “I’m glad you’re safe.”

***

It’s dark by the time we make it back to the mansion, Marie left her gloves and coat on the whole time, so I didn’t mention anything to ‘Ro, not that she asked many questions anyway.

I can hear all the usual sounds of laughter and nonsensical teenage babblin’ from the upper levels and rec room just like any typical Saturday night at the school. “I need to go see the Professor.” Marie tells me nervously as we make our way thought the clean empty corridors. She hesitates before askin’ “Can you come with me?”

We approach the door to Chuck’s office, the sound of him and Cyke discussin’ some borin’ test scores from inside the room. Marie gently taps the door before openin’ it slowly with a shakin’ hand.

“Rogue, I’m glad you’re back.” Chuck smiles to her from behind his desk as we walk in, Scott lookin’ up from the papers to the direction of the door.

“So you found her then Logan?” He questions bitterly. I’m glad Scooter is so happy to see me.

“Kinda the other way ’round.” I grunt back, foldin’ my arms across my chest as I lean against an old dust-filled bookcase.

Scott says nothin’ just stands there lookin’ at me from behind those stupid red glasses o’ his. Looks like he still thinks too much o’ himself, some things never change here.

“I trust you’re feeling better now?” Charles asks placin‘ his pen down next to the pile o‘ neatly stacked papers on his mahogany desk.

Marie shifts uncomfortably, the Professor and Scott both watchin’ her now “Well, actually Professor…there’s something I need to tell you.”