Author's Chapter Notes:
As always I'd like to thank you all for reading my story and your comments and ratings.
After doing the washing up and putting everything away into their proper places Logan goes for a shower leaving me to my on devices for a while. I flop down onto the leather sofa and pull my cell phone out of my jeans pocket. I look at the black screen wondering if it would be a wise idea to turn it on. I put if off when I left the mansion not wanting to be bombarded with calls and texts from Bobby or anyone else for that matter.

I hit the on button and wait for my phone to come to life for the first time in nearly a week. 36 missed calls. 17 texts. I scroll though the calls first, nine from Bobby, a couple from Ororo, a few from Pete and the rest from Jubes. I then open up the menu to read my text messages. Two from Bobby that start with the words “I’m sorry I can explain” I don’t bother reading those. How can he even begin to think he can worm his way out of what he did?

Some are from Ororo and Pete that read along the lines of “Are you alright?” and “Where are you?” A, No I’m not alright. And B, I don’t have to tell you.
The ones from Jubes say pretty much the same thing but the last one make me smile “Ok, so I’m guessing you’re with Wolvie, so you must be alright. Just call me to let me know you‘re still alive, ok? Xxx”. I scroll though the options menu and select ‘return call’.

The phone rings twice before I’m greeted with Jubilee’s screams “Roguey!! Where are you? Are you alright? Please tell me you’re alright. When are you coming back?” I hold the phone away from my ear until she calms down and stops shrieking. “Sorry, sorry, I’ll start again. How are you? Or is that a stupid question?”

I grin a little “I’m alright. I guess the whole mansion knows what happened by now, hu? I just needed to get away clear my head, you know.”

“Yeah, Pete is furious with Bobby for hurting you. And Kitty, he’s not even looking at her. Anyway enough about that. Where are you?”

At this point I decide it might be wise to go stand outside while I talk to my loud friend. Logan is bound to hear her yelling down the other end of the phone so I quickly and make my way outside.

“Roguey? Rogue??” she calls from the other end of the phone.

“Yeah I’m here,” I sigh as I walk out into the cold morning sun.

“So where are you?” she asks again with a sense of urgency in her voice.

“With Logan.” I say carefully as I watch the calm river in the distance.

I pull the phone away from my ear as she shrieks again “Ohh I knew it! I haven’t heard from him in ages, how is he? ”

“Alright,” I smile, looking over my shoulder to make sure he hasn’t creeped up on me. “He hasn’t really changed much…he has a girlfriend now.” I sigh

“WHAT? Did you just say Wolvie and a girlfriend??”

I don’t say anything. I can’t in fear of bursting into tears.

“Oh Roguey,” she sighs sympathetically.

“It doesn’t matter. She’s nice. Busty, blonde…good cook. I’m happy for him.” I say, my heart sinking further and further down as I say those words.


“Hmm, somehow I don‘t believe that.” she says suspiciously.

“What? I don’t like him in that way if that’s what you mean! I mean he’s nice, sure he’s nice, who doesn’t think that? But I do not have a crush on him Jubilee.”

She laughs “Who said anything about a crush? Wait…that must mean you do like him! You got it bad for the Wolverine!” she sings childishly from the other end of the phone.

I hear footsteps from inside the cabin nearing the door “I have to go, I‘ll phone you later or something.” I say over her infantile song “And don’t you dare say anything I mean it Jubes!” I hiss quietly and hang up before she has a chance to say any more.

“Who was that?” Logan asks as he opens the cabin door, the sound of his voice making me jump.

“Jubes. Just thought I’d giver her a call, let her know I’m still alive.” I flash him a smile as my eyes quickly looking him up and down. I’ve never seen a man that looks as good in a plaid shirt as him. Damn butterflies again. I’m lucky he isn’t a telepath or I’d of been caught out long ago.

***

My cell rings. I look at the number flashing on the screen I recognise it, but I’m not sure where from.
“Yeah?” I grunt when I decide to answer the call.

“Finally! I’ve been trying all these numbers I was about to give up!”

“Woah, wait Yella’, how did you get my number?”

“The mansion’s call data base of course! You called a few weeks ago so I searched for your number. Pete’s a really good at hacking, did you know that? I didn’t.” her voice chimes. “What’s this I hear about a girlfriend?”

“Rogue told you about that, hu? That the reason you called?” I ask, gettin’ frustrated. She’s a nice girl and a good friend don’t get me wrong, but Jubilee has a tendency to talk shit and not get straight to the point.

“Yeah, and no. Rogue seemed a little upset when she told me.”

“Really?” I ask. I thought Marie was ’happy for me’, why would she be upset?

“Yes Wolvie, really. It seems that your feelings for her a mutual.”

“She said that?” I ask as a smile starts spreadin’ across my face. Jubilee found out about my feelin’s for Marie a while ago and swore to secrecy on pain o’ death that she’d never mention it. For a loud mouthed girl, she kept my secret well hidden.

“Well not exactly, but she might as well have. I told you she liked before but you didn’t listen! See, I’m just always right aren’t I?” I can imagine the smug look on her face as she says this.

“So, er…wh-what should I do?” I stammer like an idiot as I smile like a loon.

“Take her for dinner, wine and dine the girl.” she giggles “I can’t imagine you doing that actually. Just, I don’t know, do something romantic, buy her flowers or write her a poem. I’m sure you can think of something. And make sure you get rid of that blonde thing of yours first!”

“Okay, but you’re sure right? Really really sure?”

“For heaven’s sake Wolvie! YES! So hurry the fuck up and tell her you love her before it’s too late! Now! Go, go, go!” she shouts then the phone goes dead.

***

Logan comes swaggering back into the living room “I er, I’ll be back in just a second.” he practically purrs, grinning at me then disappears into his bedroom. He stays in there for a few minutes. I hear the wardrobe opening followed by banging and crashing. What the hell is he doing in there? He swings the wooden door open and moves quickly towards the front door with a black case in his hand. “I’ll be back in a little while, got somethin’ I need to sort out.” he tells me. His face is serious, hard now. I think it’s probably best I don’t ask where he’s going or what’s in the suitcase as he snatches the keys to his truck from their resting place on the wooden dresser. He grabs his leather jacket and closes the door behind him leaving me on my own. Strange, very strange.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment and rate! Go, go, go!