I pull my hand away. He’s still staring at me as my words sink in, as he realises that the last time I held on to him for that long I nearly killed him. He frowns at me “Why?” he says, barely a whisper.

I bite my lip nervously and shrug my shoulders a little “I just….I was so fed up. You don’t know what it’s like Logan,” I sigh as pull myself out of his loose embrace and turn away from him to face the window. “You don’t know how it feels to not even be able to walk past someone without being so scared that you’ll hurt them. To not even have something as simple as a kiss. I couldn’t even hug someone without…” my voice trails off unable to carry on as I stare out the window at the crescent moon shining above the mountains.

I hear him sigh as he takes a few steps closer to me “I hugged ya...” he reminds me. I smile at his words. He was the only person in the mansion who dared to touch me when I didn’t have my gloves on, kinda surprising considering I’d nearly killed him on more than one occasion. Even Bobby was afraid to touch me after kissing me at his parents house and feeling the affect of my mutation.

We stand silently for a while. He places his hand on my shoulder, his eyes now looking out to the night sky too. “Marie,” he says gently. I wait for him to carry on talking but he doesn’t. I turn my head to look up at him. “I hope you didn’t do this for Bobby.” his voice is soft, but still has a harsh sting to it. I watch as he walks over to the fridge, pulls out two beers and exits the kitchen.

I wrap my arms tight around myself, suddenly feeling colder than before despite the many layers of clothing I have on. I hesitate before slowly following him from the small kitchen into the equally size living room. Is he mad at me?

He’s sitting on the old beaten leather sofa, his feet resting on the coffee table, boots in front of the warm fire. “Here” he says holding out a bottle of beer for me, forcing me to step closer to take it from his hand. “Sit” he grunts as he flicks the lid off his bottle. I do as I’m told and sit down next to him, his large frame making me feel smaller than I already do.

“Logan…” my voice shakes slightly, my fingers fiddle with the label on the glass bottle. He looks at me waiting, I can tell he’s annoyed with me. He warned me before when I said I wanted to get the cure, said I shouldn’t do it for ‘some boy’.
“I wanted this. I can’t tell you how long I wanted to be able to touch people. To not worry every day that I was gonna accidentally kill someone. No one could understand that fear I had. It had been on my mind ever since I found out about the cure, I thought about it every day…” I look up at him again, his eyes fixed on mine. “I went to see Bobby,” I say slowly as begin to feel tears forming in my eyes again “he was with Kitty. The two of them there just…”

I don’t have to tell him anymore, its obvious what I’d seen. My boyfriend, the guy who wanted to be with me even though he couldn’t ever touch me, with my friend, someone I thought I could trust no matter what. Their clothes sprawled across the floor, them moving under the sheets, touching each other, giggling. Laughing at me. Poor little Rogue, the girl with the deadly touch. She would never be capable of such things.
“I didn’t wait to hear their excuses, nothing could change what they’d done. So I left.” He’s angry. I can tell without looking at him that he wants to hunt Bobby down and make him pay for hurting me. Logan has always been protective of me, perhaps too much at times, but it’s nice to know that at least one person cares about me. “I decided enough was enough, you know? So I got the cure.”

He frowns at me “So you got it because of what they did?”
“No, well yeah…kinda…I-I,” I take a deep breath to calm myself down before continuing “I was going to do it anyway, but something in the back of my mind always stopped me. I know what I’d of done once I got this cure and it would of made me as bad as them two…I didn’t do it for Bobby, it was never about him. I wanted to do this for myself and….and”

Just as I’m about to tell him, let him know the truth, I’m interrupted, forced to a grinding halt by the sound of the front door opening followed by a woman’s voice cooing “Honey, I’m home!” I look from the doorway, to Logan and back. What the hell?
“Honey, who’s car is that outside?“ asks a blonde woman in a white fur coat as she makes her way into the room, two bags of groceries in her hands “Oh, hi,” she smiles sweetly “You must be Marie!” she gasps “I’ve heard so much about you, it’s good to meet you finally!” She shoots a frown at Logan, I’m not sure if it’s serious or not “Next time tell me if we’re having guests, alright?” she says firmly but still keeping that sickeningly sweet tone in her voice before walking to the kitchen. I stare after her in disbelief then turn to Logan. He has this weird look on his face, a mix of emotions but not one of them seem happy to see her.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you're enjoying the story so far
Please remember to rate and comment! :)