“My room is bigger.”

“Mine’s got a nicer bathroom.”

“My bathroom is exactly the same.”

“But you never clean yours.”

“I do.”

“You’re meant to clean it more than once a year you know.”

“Well, I can smoke in my room.”

“You’re not meant to.”

“I don’t care, they can’t tell anyway.”

“Well I don’t want you smoking in my room.”

“Then it’s settled, my room it is.”

I smile smugly and take another drag from my cigar as she pouts at me but doesn’t protest. I asked Chuck if it was alright for me and Marie to share a room and he couldn’t exactly say no considering Jean and One-eye got to share. I know Marie and I have only been together for a little over three weeks now, but it’s not like she’s a total stranger and it’s not like Chuck doesn’t realise how I feel about her. I think he secretly knew my feelings for her all along being able to read minds an‘ all. I hope he didn‘t delve too far into my thoughts about Marie, I think the old man woulda had a heart attack if he knew some of the things I thought about.

I stub the end of my cigar out in my ashtray and leave the window open so the smoke can escape and walk over to my bed where Marie is sittin’. I smile at her, my eyes narrowin’ slightly as I look her up an’ down. Her green plaid shirt open just enough at the top for me to see the top o’ her cleavage, her black jeans tight on her perfect long legs. I lean down placin’ my hands either side of her an’ kiss her soft lips, pushin’ her back onto the caramel sheets. She lets out a little moan o’ approval when my lips begin to travel down her neck, her fingers gently tuggin’ at my hair. She whispers my name as I bite her neck softly makin’ her arch her back, pushin’ herself against me. I thrust back into her lettin‘ her feel the hard bugle that has now formed in my jeans, teasin’ her. I hear her heart beatin’ loud as thunder, smell her arousal, makin’ me want to take her right now. I kiss back up her neck and let my lips find hers again.

I pull away an’ look into her green eyes that are full o’ a perfect mixture o’ lust an’ love.
“You better go start movin’ your stuff in here then.” I grin, knowin’ that I’ve left her wantin’ more.
Just you wait till tonight, Darlin’.

-*-*-*-

Winter always has been my favourite time of year maybe because I could get away with covering up every inch of my body and not looking any different from how other people were dressed. Christmas at the mansion was always fun, we always had dinner together, swapped presents, spent the day watching old movies on the television, just like a proper family, maybe a dysfunctional one but still a family.

I’d given Logan his presents in the morning before we went down stairs, a bottle of Jack Daniels, a shirt and a new leather jacket, his one was falling apart. Then he gave me my gift, a beautiful short sparkly green dress with a bow around the waist and a pair of black heels that I’d been wanting for a while, I was amazed that he’d actually remembered. I decided to wait to wear the dress tonight for the new years party that Jean has organised with the help of the other teachers.

“You look beautiful.”

I roll my eyes. “Bobby I told you, go away.”

“Bu’ Rogue, you look amazin’, seriously, wow.” he slurs. Drunk again.

I close the fridge door and turn around to face him “Bobby, I told you I’m not interested and I never will be. Now stop making a fool of yourself and just go back to Kitty.” I hiss losing my patience with him. He’s been trying to win me back for weeks I would of thought he’d got the hint the third time I slapped him, but evidently not.

He moves closer still babbling on about how we belong together and how he’s sorry, the usually excuses and sob stories.

“Bobby just shut up and leave or I will tell Logan, and trust me you don’t want him to find out.”

He lunges for me, grabs the top of my arms as he slams me against the fridge and tries to push his lips onto mine.

“BOBBY!” I scream struggling to push him off, but I can’t he‘s too strong.

His face lingers close to mine, the strong smell of beer and garlic on his breath making me gag. “Don’t say you don’t want this.” he says as pushes himself against me, his hand drifts down my shoulder towards my chest and he tries to kiss me once again.

“WHAT THE FUCK!”

He lets go quickly and backs away. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” he cries as Logan runs into the kitchen. He tackles Bobby to the floor and punches him in the face. He draws his fist back again but his arm is caught by Scott.

“Logan, enough!” he shouts.

Logan growls at Bobby who is now terrified and crying. Logan gets up, his eyes still fixed on Bobby. Scott lets go of his arm and gently pushed him away.
“Logan-”

“You saw what he did, you were with me!” Logan yells to Scott.

“I know Logan. I was going to say I think you should take Rogue to my office, let her calm down. I’ll deal with Bobby.” Scott says calmly.

Logan glares at Bobby, his fists clenched tight, eyes full of rage. He turns and puts his arm around me and escorts me out of the room and down the hall to Scott’s office.

He closes the door behind us and wraps his arms around me. “You alright Darlin’”? he asks as gently as he can though his anger. I nod resting my head on his chest, my heart still beating fast. I’m more worried and upset that Logan will get into trouble than the fact that Bobby just forced himself onto me. But judging by Scott’s reaction, Bobby is the one that will be getting into trouble, at least I hope so.

After waiting for a short while, Scott enters the room looking less angry than I thought he would.
“Everything is sorted.” he says calmly “Logan, you know that you already have a warning-”

“That’s bullshit! You saw what he was doing!”

“Let me finish,” he says lifting a hand up imitating something the Professor would do. “You have a warning and you shouldn’t of dealt with it that way but what Bobby did was unacceptable, I know you were only protecting Rogue.”

I stare at him gob smacked. Why is he being so…reasonable? Even Logan seems confused by the way Scott is acting. Maybe he’s drunk.

“Now come on, lets get back to the party.” he smiles. Seriously what is up with him?

Logan frowns as Scott then walks to the door. “Come on Darlin’” he says holding out his hand for me to take.

“I’ll be there in just a minute.” I tell him. I think he understands so he leaves the room without me.

I cross my arms as I turn to Scott. “What was that about? Usually you can’t wait to get Logan into trouble.”

He shrugs “Well, it’s New Years Eve, we’re all meant to be having fun aren’t we? The last thing we need is a big fight kicking off.” he sighs and shrugs again “And I guess I would of done the same if anyone did that to Jean. I know Logan and I don‘t always get along, but he‘s a lot happier now, less argumentative and I‘d like to keep it that way.”

I frown at him. This is weird. It’s not like Scott to side with Logan, ever. Maybe he’s happy that Logan has stopped flirting with Jean, although he told me he only did it because he like the reaction he got from Cyke. And they have been getting along better lately, well they still argue but not half as much as they used to.

I say nothing, just nod. I don’t want to give Scott any reasons to change his mind.

“Come on, we better get back.” he says opening the door for me. “Just don’t mention anything. Jean’s worked hard on this party, I don’t want to ruin the night.”
Chapter End Notes:
Things are going to get darker from here. Next chapter up soon...