Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took longer than I expected.
I slam the door shut and throw myself onto my bed, my hands shaking from the adrenaline rush. The feeling of my fist ploughing into Bobby’s face and seeing the blood pouring out of his nose was extremely satisfying. I’m not usually a violent person, but he deserved it. How dare he speak to me the way he did, accuse me when he was the one being unfaithful, making himself look like the victim. I’m starting to think coming back here was a bad idea. Logan got a warning yesterday and I’m probably going to end up with one today, less than 24 hours apart. I bet he’s gone running to Scott right now. I don’t care if he does, he was asking for it.

There’s a knock at my door, I reluctantly get up to answer it. It’s either Jubilee, Pete or Scott. I push the handle down and pull my door open.

“Rogue, I’m sorry.” I don’t bother saying anything to him, I don’t want to hear another word he has to say. I push the door shut, but he puts his foot in the way. “Rogue please, listen to me.” he pleads.

I look at him. There are a few specks of blood on his white t-shirt. His nose has stopped bleeding now, but he has a huge red mark under his eye which will probably turn into a bruise, at least I hope it will. I don’t know why I bother, but I let him in.

I fold my arms as he walks in, shutting the door behind himself. “Hurry up, I haven’t got all day.” I snap at him. I wonder what lame excuses and insults he’s going to throw at me this time.

“Rogue, please…” he hesitates “Please, I won’t tell the Professor about this if you don‘t.”

So that’s why he came here to save his own ass.

“I didn’t mean it, I was upset. I’m sorry. I just…I didn’t know what I was saying.”

My eyes narrow as I clench my fists tighter turning my knuckles white. “You knew exactly what you were saying, now I think you should leave.”

“Please listen to me Rogue. I know I’ve been a jerk and I know you probably hate me, but I love you. Kitty didn’t mean anything to me, it’s biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life. Please Rogue, I want you back, and now you‘ve had the cure we can be a proper couple just like you wanted.”

I glare at him shaking with anger. How the hell does he think that little speech will make me want him back? And how the hell does he think he can justify what he did? “Oh, so you want me now I’m cured so you can put your filthy hands on me? I did try to make it work, I thought of ways we could be able to touch each other without you getting hurt months and months ago, do you remember? But every idea I had, you didn‘t want to try, you weren‘t interested. And now I know why.”

“If you’d got the cure before none of this would of happened, we’d be together and-”

“So this is all my fault?” I’m yelling now unable to control my anger. I don’t care if anyone hears either. “I didn’t make you fuck Kitty!”

“I didn’t mean-”

“I know exactly what you meant! You changed, you became a really nasty person always giving me orders, telling me what I could and couldn’t do, acting like you’re Mr. Perfect then treating me like dirt! You make my skin crawl. Now let me tell you something Bobby Drake, the reason, the real reason I didn’t get the cure before is I didn’t want to touch you!” I scream at him. He hurt me, I don’t care if he knows the truth. “I wanted Logan, I love him.”

He stares at me, mouth open. He looks like he’s going to cry, his eyes full of rage and hurt. “Logan? That…animal?!”

I swing my fist towards his face again but he grabs hold of my wrist and twists my arm around so I can’t move.
“He’s more of a man than you’ll ever be.” I spit, the poison seeping out in my voice. I rip myself free from his grasp and glare at him seething with rage. “Now I suggest you leave before Logan comes back.”

He stares back at me, but I can see the fear in his eyes the moment I mention Logan’s name. "He'll never love you." he seers coldly as he walks towards the door. He turns to me as he opens it “You better watch your back.” he warns and marches out of my room slamming the door behind himself like a child having a tantrum.

I should of hit him again…

***

“Wolvie! Wait up!”

Great what does she want? I stop and turn my head to see Jubilee joggin’ down the corridor towards me. I should of waited in the danger room for another ten minutes before heading back to my room.

“What’s this I hear about you not taking my advice?” she says holding her head up an’ folding her arms across her yellow Spongebob whatshisface t-shirt. “I told you, flowers, dinner, romance.”

“Well I didn’t need any of that crap.”

“Bu-”

“Rogue doesn’t like stuff like that.” I tell her as I continue my way down the corridor “An’ it looks like my way worked anyway.”

She falls silent but still tags along behind me like a lost puppy. I look to her over my shoulder an’ raise an eyebrow at her. “That all?”

“No, you missed it earlier,” she says her voice doin’ that weird high pitched thing it always does when she’s excited “Rogue punched Bobby in the face, gave him a nose bleed too!”

I stop and turn on my heel “What?”

“I think she dealt with it.” she quickly says, tryin’ to calm me down.

I would of gone on the hunt for Iceprick if I didn’t already have this stupid ‘warning’, but I don’t want to ruin anythin’ for Marie, her job, her home. And I kinda like it here too, I mean, sure it’s annoying with all the little brats runnin’ around the place and I can’t smoke inside, although I do anyway, and certain members o’ staff think they’re better than everyone else, but there are some good things too. The danger room, gettin’ to borrow Scooters bike, hey it’s not like he ever uses it, and o’ course Marie is here.

She’s sittin’ at her desk when I walk into her room, gradin’ some papers from her classes, her hair tied back, black t-shirt with some band logo on it, dark blue jeans. It’s still weird seein’ her without gloves on.

“What did he say to you?” I demand lettin’ the door click shut.

“Logan just leave it, it doesn’t matter.” she says calmly, placing her pen down.

“No, tell me why you hit him. You don’t usually go ‘round punchin’ people.”

“He just…said some stuff, so I punched him, he deserved it. But it’s sorted now, so just drop it.”

I sigh heavily. I want to know what he said to make Marie so angry, but she knows me too well. She knows I won’t let him get away with whatever it was he said. Sometimes she’s too nice for her own good.

“We’ve only been back for a day Sugar, I don’t want you getting into any more trouble.” she smiles gently at me as she gets up from her chair and steps over to me, wrappin’ her arms ’round my neck, her black-lined eyes soft an’ carin’. Why did I wait so long for this, to make her mine? I forget about the anger I feel as I lose myself in her eyes. All I want to do is look after her, protect her, show her how much I love her.

I place my arms around her, hold her to my chest and place a kiss onto her silky hair. “Okay, but if he does one more thing, then he won‘t be gettin’ away with it.”