Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you all again
We both stand with our ears pressed firmly to the door of the Professors office, listening to the voices that are gradually raising. Jubilee was squealing about Logan finally revealing his feelings for me when we’d heard one of the students running to Ororo’s room babbling something about ‘Mr.Logan’ and ‘Mr.Drake’ in the kitchen, so we followed. We arrived just in time to see Bobby wetting himself in fright, which was, in one word, priceless.

“I hardly touched him!” Logan’s yells can be heard from behind the door.

“Logan, you’d say you’d hardly touched someone if they had every bone in their body broken and their guts ripped out!” Scott’s voice shouts back. He was probably right but Logan could have done a lot worse to Bobby, a lot worse.

Jubilee rolls her eyes and shakes her finger mocking the usual thing Scott did when he was giving someone a lecture. I giggle, but I know Logan could be in serious trouble for what he did, even if it wasn‘t ‘bad‘ by his standards.

Just when we stop giggling, Bobby comes walking around the corner, head hanging in shame, with a clean pair of jeans on. Which sends us into fits of giggles again.

“Shut up!” he glares at us “I didn’t…wet myself!” he hisses as his cheeks turn bright red.

“What happened then? Bit of ice melt down your pants?” Jubilee taunts sticking her bottom lip out.

“Fuck you,” he sneers, then turns to me “It’s none of that psychopaths business anyway. I bet you were fucking him behind my back. Oh wait, that’s right, you couldn‘t even if you wanted to.”

How dare he! I step forward ready to slap the smug grin off his face when the wooden door opens.

“Bobby.” Scott says, gesturing him to come in. I swear he’s trying to hide the smirk on his face. “Girls, I think you should leave now.”

“Bu-”

“Jubilee.” he says sternly.

She frowns at him and lets out a heavy sigh. “Come on, Chica.” She links arms with me as we walk away and head back to my room.

***

I wait anxiously for Logan to come back, the worry growing with every moment that passes.

“So, did he take you to dinner? Get you flowers?” Jubilee asks inquisitively.

“No, he just…said it.”

“But I told him…” she says to herself a little louder than she meant to.

“What do you mean you ‘told him’?”

“Well,” she begins with a guilty look on her face “after you called I found his number, Pete helped me, and I phoned him. I had to do something, Chica! I couldn’t stand idly by when I knew that two people, who obviously were meant to be together, did nothing about it! Just call me Cupid.” she grins.

“You knew?” I frown. How did she know?

“I found out, completely by accident might I add, and Wolvie made me swear I’d never tell. He’s a scary guy when he’s mad you know, I wouldn’t like to get on the wrong side of him.”

I look at my friend confused “Accident?”

“I went to the kitchen to get a snack one night and he was there drowning his sorrows and we got talking and well, he didn’t come straight out and say it but he might as well of had it tattooed on his forehead. Then he went all growly ‘If you dare say anything then you’re dead meat, blah blah blah’ you know how he is. And I was going to tell you but he turned up every time and gave me the glare of death.” She says doing her best ’angry Logan’ face.

I can’t help but laugh. Yeah I’m a little annoyed that she didn’t tell me, but I understand why she didn’t. And neither of them knew I felt the same way anyway.

“So, did you do it?” she asks, grinning like a Cheshire cat. I feel my cheeks instantly begin to burn, I must be turning scarlet. She squeals and bounces up and down grabbing my hands. “So what was it like?”

I shift uncomfortably, I know she’s my friend but I don’t really want to tell her all the intimate details, those things are personal between me and Logan.

“Perfect.” I smile bashfully just as Logan opens my door. Great, he probably heard all of that.

He looks seriously pissed off. I raise my eyebrows questioningly to him.

“Verbal warning.” he grunts as he begins to pace up and down. “Assaulting a member of staff. Fuckin’ prick is hardly a member of staff, he just runs around with his head up Scooters ass all day. It’s not like I hurt him, maybe hurt his ego, but he wasn’t fuckin’ hurt.”

Jubilee looks at me awkwardly as she stands up “I’m gonna go now, see you in the morning. Night Wolvie.” she smiles nervously as she makes a quick exit from my room.

Logan sighs as he sinks down next to me and holds his head in his hands.

“Don’t worry,” I gently caress his shoulder “It’ll be alright.”

He shakes his head “I don’t care about that. If I’d known I’d only get a stupid warning I would of done a lot more than make him piss his pants.”


***

The small dining hall buzzes with the sound of students chattering away, probably discussing last nights events over their breakfast. Toast and cereal are the only things on the menu today like all Sundays so no one has to wake up early to cook breakfast. Logan decides to hit the danger room for a while to avoid all the peering eyes and gossiping mouths. I don’t mind, it will give me a chance to catch up with Jubes and Pete.

The noise becomes louder as I approach the room. I listen to the muddled voices trying to figure out what exactly is being said but my hearing hasn’t been the same since getting the cure, it‘s better than most average humans, but not the same as it was. I sigh heavily to myself as I open the door, preparing myself for what’s about to happen.

Everyone begins to fall silent, heads turning in my direction. They all know what happened, even the slightest rumor spreads like a wildfire here.

Bobby and Kitty who are sitting alone in the far desolate corner brooding turn to look out of the corner of their eyes. Bobby glares at me shaking his head while Kitty’s remorseful gaze drops back down to her untouched toast.

There aren’t many people in the room, no members of staff, (except myself, Pete and Bobby, who aren‘t official teachers yet, we‘re still in training) but there are enough pairs of staring eyes to make me feel uncomfortable, I never did like being the centre of attention
“Where are her gloves?” a whisper seems to echo out through the room. Making everyone’s eyes drop to see for themselves.

The stares continue as I make my way over to sit with Jubilee and Piotr who are have already begun eating their breakfast. A pile of buttered toast and a jar of strawberry jam sit in the middle of the table with a plate and a glass of water waiting for me.

“Good morning” Jubilee grins. Pete smiles but I can see the hurt in his eyes, he really liked Kitty. I guess we’ve both been affected by what they did. I smile back ignoring the puzzled looks as I take a seat next to her.
“I told Pete. Sorry” Jubilee confesses. I guessed she probably would but I don’t mind, Pete is a good friend, trustworthy and honest.

We eat our toast, conversation sparse and uncomfortable under the watchful eyes of everyone in the room. We stay at our table as most of the students leave, waiting for them to return to their dorms to avoid all the interrogations. Pete tells me it’s the second time in a week he has ventured into the dining hall .“Having to teach classes is bad enough without having them all staring when I’m trying to sit in peace.” he sighs.

“So, what’s it like?” Pete asks pointing to my hands.

“Weird.” I smile, laughing lightly “I’m still not used to it myself. I picked my gloves up this morning about to put them on when I remembered I don’t need to anymore.” I think I’ll throw them all away today.

Then I suddenly realise how quiet the room is.

“You got the cure?” Bobby’s asks turning to me, the look on his face matching the guilt, upset and anger in his face. He gets up from his chair and takes two tiny steps towards me. He’s not angry at me, he’s angry at himself. I bet he thinks…

“I didn’t do it for you.” I quickly correct him. He frowns at me looking even more confused. I laugh at his stupidity, can’t help it. “You really think I went to get the cure for you after what you did?"

His eyes narrow “You got it before and didn’t tell me, didn‘t you? I knew it! You were with him weren‘t you, that’s why you didn‘t want to touch me! And you say this is all my fault, that you‘re the victim when you were fucking Logan behind my back! No wonder you were so close to him, acted weird every time he left, pined for him like the dog you are!”

My fist makes contact with his face sending him stumbling back as an instant gush of red liquid pours out of his nostrils. The onlookers gasp and stare in awe, even I didn’t know I could punch that hard. “Don’t you ever speak to me like that again!” I hiss, turn on my heel and march out.
Chapter End Notes:
How much trouble has Rogue gotten herself into?
Next chapter up soon!

Comment and rate!