Story Notes:
This is my very first fanfic venture so if you want to throw things at me please make sure it's something soft. I found this plot bunny under my Western Tech Wolverines high school hoodie while cleaning. In this story Jubilee accomplishes what my drunken roommate tried to do.

I'm completely implicating RoseSumner in this crime as she motivated me to post this, enables my email rambling habit, and sent me her subscription to MANimals magazine.

Sorry for any spelling or format mistakes - I lack a beta & sense.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter title donated by Rose
“Jubilation Lee I swear to Gawd if you don’t let go I’ma touch ya and lay ya out!” Usually most people know I mean business when my accent gets thick like this.

Jubilee isn’t most people.

“Chica, you know what any guy would think if they walked by and caught the tail end of that?” She’s laughing at me. Jubes is laughing at me and still won’t let go of my sweatshirt, which I’m also desperately holding onto…along with my dignity.

“C’mon Jubes! Just drop it, please!” Yeah, I’m begging now, but this has gone too far. What started out as a nice afternoon of sorting some of my old clothes to donate to the mansion’s secondhand supply turned into sheer embarrassment.

“Girl, this is a primo chance to snag Wolvie’s attention and get your hands all over his hot bod!” She punctuated that with a wink and a pop of her gum.


And she still won’t let go of my damn sweatshirt. My beloved old high school hooded sweatshirt that was stuffed at the bottom of my trusty old duffle bag. It was the one thing that I could salvage from my bag that didn’t have bad memories from home or the time I spent on the road. I loved that hoodie when I first got it and I still love it now, which absolutely has nothing to do with my current situation at the mansion. Nothing at all.

The one in yellow disagrees.

I guess that’s because I’m still holding onto my end in a death grip. That and maybe, perhaps it somehow might have a little to do with the name of the high school mascot emblazoned on the back of the hoodie.


WOLVERINES


It’s bad enough Jubes screeched when she saw it and it was even worse when she started rambling about “fate” and “destiny” and “how it was like, totally meant to be!” Then she got this look on her face, a look that has sent most of people in the mansion running in the other direction, usually the guys of course. In a quick but graceful move that would have impressed our Fearless Leader and her training coach, Jubes had grabbed a marker and lunged for the sweatshirt.

I had no idea what she had in mind, but I knew it couldn’t be good. None of her ideas are. At least where I’m concerned.


“Enough, Jubes! Let go! I mean it, last chance or I’m whipping out my inner Wolverine skills”

“I bet the Wolvster would love to whip out something of his own if he saw you had this.” Again with the laughing. “Especially with my little alteration. Don’t tell me you’re not a little interested in what he’d say!”


No, no I’m not. I’m actually pretty sure what he’d say. Hell, I know just how deep that scowl on his face would go as he tried to find the words to brush off “my little crush” as Jean affectionately calls it. Despite the fact that I’m no longer a teenager and that crush of mine has developed into a full-blown case of unrequited love. That line of thinking isn’t helping.

And things looked so promising this morning. Quiet mansion, Jubes out shopping, some of the team on a simple mission, no Logan around to pine over. Still. Not. Helping.


Okay new tactic. How about a distraction? “Jubes don’t you have to get ready for your date with Remy? C’mon you’re wastin’ primpin’ time!” That’s it, appeal to her crazy sense of style and remind her that she’s supposed to be thinking about a different guy at the mansion.

“He can wait.” She shrugs. “He likes the anticipation.” Another wink and pop of her gum, along with a firm tug on my hoodie. I don’t want to think about any other implications of that last statement. I know it’s not that innocent. Not with that wink. She’s always waxing pornographic about her and Remy. I almost regret pointing the Swamp Rat in her direction when he was trying to sniff around me. Truth is, I’d only tolerate that from one person and said person has a feral mutation. So if there’s going to be any sniffing, you know it’s going to be done right. Damn! Not helping!


Have to focus on the here and now. Have to make sure Jubes doesn’t get my hoodie and defile it with that marker. All I gotta do is buck up, tap into those self-defense lessons Logan’s been giving me, and show Jubes just what it means when people say “the South will rise agai–“ Argh! She just lunged at me! Doesn’t she know I have deadly skin!

“Jubes, don’t you know I have deadly skin!” I’m shrieking and tumbling with her, fighting for the rights to my hoodie without catching her skin.

“Got it! Trust me chica, I know what I’m doing!” Guess who just earned her A in Scott’s training class? Don’t look at me, Logan took it upon himself to personally train me for the team and I think I just failed. Great.


Now she’s attacking (yes attacking- this is completely malicious) my sweatshirt with the marker as I lay defeated on the floor. Well, whatever she does, at least it stays here. I can always stash the hoodie away so no one witnesses her defaming my once beloved piece of clothing.


“Why the hell are you two screeching like a bunch of fucking banshees in here? And Rogue, why the hell are you on the floor?”


Oh fuck everything.


Logan does not need to be here for this. He has no business here.

“You have no business here!” My pointer finger is no match for his eyebrow. That look is the look of the unimpressed. Of course I wouldn’t impress him.

“Wolvie!” That earns a grimace. “Look what Roguey has been keeping from you!” That’s enough to make me get off the floor. She’s done with the marker and now she’s holding up the hoodie looking like the proudest first grader after art class. What did she do? I don’t see – oh God, yes I do. Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. This is embarrassing. Logan can probably smell my embarrassment.

Which makes it exponentially embarrassing.

There’s now a crude apostrophe separating the ‘e’ and the ‘s’. My beloved high school hoodie now says:


WOLVERINE’S.


This gets us a grunt. Only I don’t know what this grunt means. I’ve known the guy for a while now and we’ve gotten close, but I’m not even halfway finished decoding Logan’s grunts and non-verbals. I’m still working on The Eyebrow chapter. I mean, it takes years to learn another language. I took Spanish for years and I was damn lucky when I managed to get directions to the nearest bathroom while I was stranded in Tijuana after a mission gone wrong.


Look up Murphy’s Law and you’d find a picture of me.


“Is this little…adjustment – “ He quirks The Eyebrow at Jubes, “-permanent?”

“It sure enough is, Wolveroni!” An annoyed look shot her way instead of a grimace this time. “Roguey supplied the medium and I took the artistic license.” She looks way too proud of herself. I don’t need a mirror to know that I look way too mortified.

“I thought this was pretty clear when I told ya to keep my tags, darlin’.”

Wait, what.

“Wait, what”. Surround sound this time. Seems like Jubes and I are finally on the same page.

“It’s a nice touch.” Says the Hot One with a smirk, nodding to Jubilee’s artwork. “You know I ain’t one for bein’ subtle. Was wonderin’ when you’d come around, though.” He’s leaning. Oh god, he’s leaning. Right forearm resting on the doorjamb right above his head and he’s leaning. I’ve never seen his eyes so intense before. It’s suddenly hot enough for me to feel like I’m wearing too many clothes despite the weather, but at the same time it looks like he can see through all the layers I’m wearing.

I think Jubilee is behind me, lost somewhere in the infinite universe that is everything but me and Logan right now. I can vaguely hear her making some hybrid giddy-choking noises in the background.


“Hope it holds up in the wash, darlin’ because I wouldn’t mind seein’ that on you.” That earns me a feral grin. I don’t think I’ve ever had one of those directed my way before. “Not that you’re gonna be needin’ it for other people to know.” More leaning. His breath is hot in my ear. “Not anymore, at least.”

He pulls back and reaches up to tug on one of my white streaks. I notice that he still has that smirk on his lips only a second before I notice that he’s staring right back at mine. I’d like to think that it’s because he’s thinking about how hot my mouth is, not because I’m actually slack jawed and catching flies.

With that he steps away and gives me my third wink of the day, but it’s by far the best. Then swaggers back to wherever he came from.


I may not have to kill Jubilee after all because I’m wearing my altered hoodie every fucking day.
Chapter End Notes:
Soooo anybody want to let me know what they think?