Story Notes:
Well this is my first ever attempt at writing ANYTHING in the X-men world so- be gentle.
I've decided to stick to a couple of these babies first before I try something Big.
Any comments are MUCHLY appreciated x
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer- I own nothing...but can I have Hugh Jackman Please?
Claws.

The Wolverine wasn't the only one to have claws.

The good Dr. Jean Gray for a start. Her pointed, red nails were like claws, ripping, shredding, tearing at his last remnants of sanity. He had begun to become more distanced from the telepath, mentally and physically. He had left the school, sparing her a neutral glance as he made his way to the garage, his tags absent from his neck.

Ororo and the Professor weren't an exception. Claws which picked away at peoples stubborn resolve to resist a better option for peace. Claws to defend their hard work, their beliefs, their children. Ororo had been sad to leave him leave, giving him a tight smile and an understanding nod. The Professor, an easy smile and a presence of acceptance. It had...made him feel...something. But he wasn't sure what.

The Kids had them too. Claws to grip tight onto any opportunity to progress into a world that tried to crush them out of existence. Claws to hang on to their friends which had become more of a family than their biological family could be. They had seemed sad to see him go, they had been on their lunch break when he had left, and ran and jumped and flew and shouted his name alongside him, telling him to come back soon and bring something cool back, as he sped down the laneway. Something made him wave back.

Even people who weren't mutants had claws. Claws to lash out in anger, in hate, in ignorance and in fear. It had been hard not to judge these people. The large masses that he had never even though about before in any way other than "fuck them" attitude. He blended in enough with them in the North, breaking their bones, sharing their alcohol, talking about the roads. He had been content. For a while at least anyways.

Marie had claws. Yeah, the kid at first glance didn't look like much, wasn't a great fighter and wasn't a great thinker either. But she embraced everyone, even if only mentally. She used her little claws to knit back the wounds which he had feared would never heal. She used them to scratch at his heart to remind him that it did feel things. Even if it was just a little.

Just like now. She was digging in her claws, trying to drag him back to the place he resisted so much. "Logan, come home now. Please. For me." The hand on the receiver of the payphone tightened, the very tips of the blades hovering beneath the surface of his skin.

"I don't think I should be around you with these claws anymore darlin'" He whispered back into the device. To any other passerby it looked like the hulky man from the cage fighting was a very lost soul. Weariness had set onto his shoulders like a ten tonne weight and his entire frame sagged. His hand gripping onto the phone like it was his life source.

There were a few moments of silence at the end of the receiver before a timid voice spoke out, "The claws hurt a lot less than what you're doing right now Logan". He bit back a sigh. Then, for what seemed like the hundredth time he tried to explain. Tried to tell her, and this time, the words came, but each time she deflected his claims. "You're the one person who can't hurt me."

After what seemed to be the longest long distance call ever made the Wolverine sheathed his claws and headed home to her. Feeling...better.

The Wolverine may have not been the only one to have claws. But he figured that he didn't particularly care about them so much anymore.
Chapter End Notes:
AN: Im still not happy with the ending- oh well. Let me know what you think ;)

Thankies x