~Chapter 6~


Feeling a breeze come over her, she frowned and sat up. Finding herself in a large blank space of nothing but darkness, she quickly came to her feet. Moving to open her mouth, she found a hand around her throat choking her.

Eyes going wide and staring into brown eyes of such loathing, she released a strangled scream.
***********************************************************************

Taking her temperture once more, he sighed. "If I didn't know better, I would say she beat death."

"But?" Logan replied, from his place on the other lab table to her left.

"I think the strain that she is mentally going through, is slowly killing her. If you didn't find her in time my friend, she would have died."

"But she will be okay, right?" Jubilee voiced, standing beside her friend.

"Yes and no. She will continue as she have for the past day, but I fear as the inner stuggle continues, she will once more fall out and possibly cross over."

"We'll leave in the morning for New York, then." Logan stated, sliding off the med table and walking over. Running a hand through her hair, he frowned. "What all do you know of this Quentin Quire?" He demanded, facing Storm.

"He is known by the name Kid Omega and was in the the Omega Gang. Before that, he was once a student here and studyed under Xavier. He got involved with the wrong crowd and everything went down hill from there. After overdosing on a mutant drug called Kick and killing or maiming some humans, he quickly changed. From there, he got tattoo's, attcked the Proffessor and..."

"I recall that, but is he reliable?"

Sighing, she shrugged. "I don't know, but no matter what, Emma stayed in his corner. Shortly after he left, so did she. After the dismembering of the Omega Gang, he has been low key and it would seem, thats all due to Emma."

Scott frowned, as she mentioned his exlover. "Emma? What would she have to do with..."

"Their engaged."

Falling silent, he looked away.

"You'll be taking a chance, if you go." Gambit voiced, entering. "But he's an honorable roller, I'll say. He bested Gambit twice."

Logan growled. "We're not talking about gambling."

Smirking, he eyed Rogue. "Should've known she would've been bold to ask the Frost woman what happened." Sighing, he gave the angered man a frown. "Gambit is sorry for this, old friend."

"What the hell are you going on about?"

"Gambit warned her, not to allow you near the Frost woman. Gambit didn't know ma'chere would take things into her own hands."

"You put her up to this?" Logan growled, as his claws slid out.

Before he could reply, a scream was heard. Turning, all were greeted with a hysteric Rogue, who seemed to be fighting off someone.
***********************************************************************

Smiling and moving to back hand her, the giant man was pulled off her and thrown to the side. Falling to her hands and knees, she panted for air. After gaining her bearings, she slowly came to her feet. Moving to thank her savior, she gasped.

"You okay, darling?"

Eyes watering, Rogue launched herself into his arms and wept in fear. Feeling his arms close around her, she nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck.

"Get her out of here!"

Recognizing that voice, she turned and found herself staring at her mirror image....but yet so different.

Fighting off a levitating man with a helmet and a flexible blue skinned woman, the other her moved with such grace. Sporting a black leather outfit, she was kicking major ass.

Opening her mouth to call out to her, Rogue found herself being dragged off in the opposite direction. Focusing her attention to the man leading her, she frowned. "Where are you taking me?"

"Back to reality." He voiced, as they came to a stop before a doorway shinning with a blinding light. "This is not for you, darling. Let us fight the good fight."

"But..."

"I can't stand to lose you again." He mumbled, taking her in his arms and cuping her face. "Promise me you won't come back. Not until their all caged again. Promise me."

Blinking and allowing more tears to fall, Rogue noded.

"Good." Giving her a kiss, he gave her a shuve and out into the real world she went.
*****************************************************************

Having had been hit in the chest, Jubilee stood back as Logan tried to get through to the struggling girl.

"Marie. Come on. It's just another bad dream." He voiced, grabing her hand that was aiming for his face. Taking a seat beside her, he bent and whispered in her ear, as he ran fingers through her hair. "It's just a dream Marie. Come on darling, wake-up. Please. I can't lose you again." Pulling back he watched as she went utterly still, then slowly her eyes opened.

Sitting up and staring into his eyes, she practicly jumped into his arms and cried. Feeling his arms once more wrap around her, Rogue took in his scent and nuzzled his neck.

Shocked, but not turning her away, Logan held her tighter and kissed her crown of hair. "It's alright. Nothing's going to harm you. I promise."

Pulling back and noding, she soon found a box of kleenx before her. "Thanks."

Smiling Kitty returned to her boyfriend's side. "Anytime."

Fixing her face, she looked down to her hands.

"Excuse me for my boldness, but what did you dream of?" Beast voiced, nearing them.

"Ah saw me...Ah mean her...but...Ah'm so confused." She confessed, rubbing her head.

"Slow down and tell us from the beginning."

"Ah woke up in an empty room. There was nothing but...darkness. As Ah stood, Ah soon found myself being choked." She stated, rubbing her neck.

"It was only a dream." Storm calmly stated.

"But it felt so real."

"Who was choking you?" Logan demanded.

Facing him, she shrugged. "Ah don't know."

"How he look?"

"Tall, blond hair, claws...and the most angriest brown eyes, Ah've ever seen."

"Sabortooth." He mumbled.

"Then what happened?" Beast pressed.

"He was thrown off of me."

"By who?"

Lifting her gaze, she pointedly stared at the man beside her.

"Me?" Logan voiced.

She noded. "Ah kinda lost it and cried into your chest. Then she ordered you to get me out of there."

Storm frowned. "She? Now when you say she, do you mean..."

"Me..ah mean, the other me." She finished.

"The other you?"

"Yeah. She was holding back a flying man with a helmet and a blue woman."

"Magneto and Mystique. Even in your mind they fight together."

"And then you woke up?" Scott stated.

Looking to him then Logan and blushing, she silently noded.

Studying her and catching the meaning, Logan stood. "What's the last thing you recall, before you feinted?"

"Ah was in our room and saw a picture of us at the carnival last year and..."Clutching her head, she cried out.

Catching her as she once more feinted, Logan gave the doc a pointed look.

"It seems some of her memories are coming back, but at the expense of head aches. She should be fine. Just a little rest and she should be back to normal. Uh, I mean..."

"Save it doc, we understand." Laying her on the bed, he gave a small smile. "How did she react when you told her about us, yellow?"

Coming out of her stupor, Jubilee walked over and grabed her hand. "She wanted to know who you were and your connection to her, so I..."

"Yellow." He growled out, facing her.

"She took it well, but she kept saying that she was hurt because you were. I think her and Roguey are slowly becomeing one or something, because she started to remember how you two met and the cage fight?"

Smirking, he eyed his sleeping beauty. "Back in Canada, I was cage fighting, when she entered the truck stop. You should've seen her. She was all..."

"Scared and confused."

Noding, he faced the man beside him. "So fuzzball, will she be able to leave tomorrow or what?"
************************************************************************

Placing another long sleeve shirt inside the suitcase, she sighed.

"Buck up chicka. At least you get a break from this place and get to go with ya' honey." Jubilee teased, grabing one of her shirts and smiling.

"It would be great, if Ah actually could remember him, Jubes."

Eyes going wide, she raised an eyebrow. "Why you call me that?"

"What?"

"Jubes?"

"Ah...Ah don't know. It felt right, Ah guess."

Throwing the shirt over her shoulder and standing, she wrapped and arm around her shoulders. "I can see it now, when you come back, you'll have all your memories. I can't wait, chicka."

Fixing a hold on her luggage handle, Rogue was soon draged out of her room. "Ah hope Ah do too."

Smiling and leading her down the stairwell, they found the entire X-Men team waiting. Giving her a hug and steping away, Jubilee hugged the shirt she was now claiming as her own.

"Here. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to call." Storm voiced, handing her a small phone.

Accepting and sliping it in her pocket, she took a step back beside Logan and raised an eyebrow. "Ready when you are."

Taking her luggage from her and opening the door, he had to resist the urge to throw an arm about her small waiste and guide her out. "Let's get this show on the road then." Walking over to the truck and placing her belongings beside that of his in the back, he climbed on in and the engine came alive.

Opening her door and pausing, Rogue eyed all their smiling faces. Just as she moved to turn and enter, she caught a scent of a stronge purgent smell. Running her gaze over all them once more and landing on the two people shrowded in the house, she frowned. Shaking her head and jumping in the truck, she waved and was gone.
************************************************************************

Tightening her hold on his hand and frowning, Kitty led him into the next hall and away from the others. "You need to calm down. Logan is not the only one who can smell the sudden anger on you, Bobby."

Pulling free of her and folding his arms, he moved to the window. "Don't you think I know that?" He voiced, eyeing the truck exiting the school gates. "It's a blessing that he's not saying nothing as it is."

"Then stop acting jealous of them."

"I'm not jealous."

Grabbing his arm and jerking him around, her brown eyes narrowed. "You have a funny way of showing it. You and her are not together and you're over here pissed because she's with Logan. "

"Maybe I am, but you can't blame me." Pushing her had off, he once more folded his arms. "He ain't nothing but an animal and she's too good for him."

"Are you series?"

"Don't I look series?"

Noding, tears gathered in her eyes. "Yeah, you do. I guess I'm not up to your standards now, am I?"

Catching the sudden crack in her voice, Bobby frowned. "Kitty, I didn't mean it like that. I just..."

"Still love her?" Blinking, a tear fell. "I thought you loved me and was the reason why you left her. But I must've been blind. You obviously only wanted me cause she couldn't put out and I would, huh?"

"No! I love you and..."

"Then why wasn't you acting like this when I was talking to Colosis then?"

Looking away, he fell silent.

"Well, I guess that spoke volumes." Turning her back, she sniffled. "It's over. Now go plea your love for her and watch her turn you away, just like you did to her." Releasing a breath, she swiftly exited.
***********************************************************************************

Yeah I know that it's short, but tell me, did you see Kitty ending it? I don't like her and Bobby, so decided to do a little drama. Next chapter will be Rogue and Logan on the road. So buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride. And don't forget to review.