Author's Chapter Notes:
i updated it the first time and looking at a review i saw that the txt didn't come up. sorry
~Chapter 5~

Watching as Beast continued to question and run test on her, Logan was itching for a fight.

Sighing, Storm placed a hand on his shoulder. "I am terribly sorry for all this and..."

"It's your fucken fault." He yelled, shrugging her touch off. "If you never brought that bitch in here, my Marie wouldn't be a sudden zombie." Turning and clipping Scott before he could reply, he swiftly exited.

Seeing the anger in his face, Storm frowned. "Do not blame him. He is merely hurting and lashing out. It was nothing personal."

"He still didn't have a reason to say what he did."

Turning and looking through the glass mirror at Beast, who was now drawing blood, she sighed. "I do not blame him for what he said, Scott."

"You can't honestly be..."

"Xavier always told me before I opened our doors to others, that we do a background check and see if there are ties that will cause unrest. I didn't do it and it almost cost Rogue her sanity. And given the fact that she has a sudden case of amnesia, doesn't help any. Because of that, we won't know all that she saw in Emma's mind and there is a possibility that she may never recover."

"Hank told you?"

Sadly nodding, a tear fell. "I feel like I'm to blame for all this. Not only is she confused and don't know us, the thought of Kurt not remembering me, would absolutely kill me." Facing him, she hugged herself. "Logan is being strong, but I don't know how much of this he will be able to take."

"Is she still going to be rooming with him?"

"I don't know."

Falling silent, they tuned back into her 'little' checkup.
***************************************************************************************************

"Are you sure?" Hank pressed.

Sighing, Rogue nodded. "Ah don't know who you are or where we are."

"But you do recall your name Marie?"

"Yes."

Scribbling a few more things down and frowning, the rather large blue man eyed her. "You have amnesia and from what I gather, you do not recall anything after your mutation and..."

"Ah'm a mutant?" She voiced.

Nodding, he motioned towards her gloves. "You have the ability to absorb the life or either the mutation of another person."

Removing a glove and staring at her pale yet flawless skin, she frowned. "It looks the same."

"And it always shall. Now, to prevent someone to become hurt, you will have to always cover up your skin. Your face and neck is fine but..." Sighing, he ran a hand through his unruly mane. "Jubilee, one of your friends will take you to your room and explain more about your habits and such. If you need anything, I'm down here."

Giving a nod and sliding off the table, Rogue slowly neared the exit. Watching as the titanium doors opened, she eyed the hallway. Stepping into it, she found a black haired female in her face.

"I'm glad you're alright, chicka." She said, giving her a hug.

Tensing, she remained still.

Instantly releasing her and giving a sheepish smile, the female sighed. "Sorry. Kinda forgot you're not with the memories. I'm Jubilee, your best friend and well..." Shaking her head, she motioned towards the elevator.

Taking up after her, Rogue eyed her. "Ah'm sorry Ah don't remember ya'."

Blinking back tears, Jubilee smiled. "Thanks, chicka. So, what did the fur ball say?"

"You mean Dr. McCoy?"

Looking away she nodded. "Yeah."

"He told me to cover up and said you would help me with that."

Blowing out a hot breath she nodded. "Mighty nice of Beast to just volunteer me." She griped.

"If you don't want to, it's fine and..."

"I didn't mean it like that Roguey. I just hate taking orders from people." As a memory passed her, she couldn't suppress the smile that spread over her. "I may not be the most cooperative at times, but I am loyal no matter what."

"Who said that?"

Facing her, Jubilee's face suddenly fell. "You did chicka, after you saved my life from Sabortooth."

Nodding and falling silent, they exited and entered the main floor. Leading her towards the staircase and showing her around, she turned around and frowned. "Rogue?"

Ignoring her name and following the scent that suddenly exploded under her nose, she found herself following it. Entering the dining room and maneuvering around the playing children and rounding the corner to the game room, she paused. Closing her eyes and once more catching the enticing scent, she once more took off.

Stumbling into the room and narrowly missing and falling on her ass, Jubilee cursed as she lost sight of her. Regaining her balance, she took off searching for her.

Meanwhile, Rogue was still in search of the scent that was calling to her.
*******************************************************

On the other side of the mansion, curses and thumbing could be heard.

WHAM!

Watching as the abused and now tattered punching bag fall to the ground, he succumbed to the pain. Falling to his hands and knees and allowing his claws freedom, he hung his head in defeat. "Why? Why must everything I love die and fall apart?" He demanded, punching the floor.

Hearing a pad of feet coming in his direction, he growled sheathing his claws once more. "Get out, before I..." As the scent passed his nose curtsy of the open window, he faced the interrupter and froze. "Marie."

As she moved to do as he demanded, Rogue paused and glimpsed him over her shoulder. "Ah'm sorry. Ah didn't mean to intrude and..."

"You could never intrude on me, darling." He found himself replying, as his feet carried him across the room towards her.

As the scent that she followed to get stronger, she turned and eyed him. When he stopped before her, she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Opening her eyes a second later, pure happiness radiated off her. "It's you."

"What's me?" Logan voiced, as she gave him a smile and circled him.

"Ah can smell ya. Ah mean, your scent...Ah can't describe it, but it..."

"Intoxicated you and you couldn't help, but to follow it." He finished turning and their eyes locked.

Blushing, she nodded. "How did ya' know Ah was..."

"What all did fuzz ball tell you, about your mutation?" He stated, cutting her off.

"Dr. McCoy said Ah can absorb a person's life or a mutation."

Taking a step and closing the distance between them, he reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I saved you a few times in the past and you took my healing mutation. Along with it, my enhanced senses. Smell is the one that has always stuck to you."

"Ah can smell others Ah realized, but it was your scent that called to me. Why is that?"

He was speechless. "I don't know."

Closing her eyes and once more taking a good sniff of the air, pure ecstasy washed over her. Looking up through hazy eyes, she raised an eyebrow. "You smell like me?"

Throat going dry, Logan was speechless. Opening his mouth to reply, a new person entered the gym.

"There you are chicka." Jubilee voiced, breathing heavily and walking over. "I don't recall you ever running that fast before." Coming to a stop before them, she gave him a small smile. "Hey big guy. You okay?"

Looking from her to his lover, Logan gave a nod. "I'm going to head to our....my room." He corrected at the last second and headed for the exit.

Watching as he left obviously hurt, Rogue felt such loathing race through her being. Raising a hand to her chest, a tear fell.

Gasping, Jubilee twirled her around to face her. "Chicka, what's wrong?"

"Ah...Ah don't know, but Ah'm hurting him and in turn, Ah'm hurting." Blinking and allowing more water to escape, she eyed the now sad girl. "Tell me, who is he and 'what', is he to me?"

"Trust me chicka, you don't want to know."

"Ah don't care. Now tell me."

Sighing and motioning to the bleachers, Jubilee found herself recounting all she knew, but all the while comforting her friend who was coming undone by her mere words.
******************************************************************

Exiting the elevator and walking down the hall, she entered the last room to the left with a key pad.

Hearing heels, Emma came to her feet. "Don't blame yourself. It was me who chose to do it and..."

"Why? All for your dead sister?" Storm demanded.

"There are more things here at work, than you could ever comprehend."

"Like what? Because all I see from my position is you and your vengeance."

Folding her arms, Emma leaned heavily upon the wall and glimpsed her through the bars. "I wanted my vengeance on Logan, but I never intended to harm Rogue."

"Then why did you?"

"She wanted to know why I hated her lover and I told her. I would've gladly walked away and went in search of Logan and demanded answers, but she knew what I wanted."

"She has amnesia Emma and don't recall nothing, except her past 'before' she became a mutant."

Lowering her gaze, she got to thinking. "The barriers that I tore away were what sheltered her from the other personalities that lived within her. As I searched for my answers about my sister, she was fighting them off and attempting to do the same to me at the same time." Facing her, she sighed. "She has an exceptional strong mind, but she will regain her memories. Her having amnesia, was a safety you may call it against the other personalities living within her."

"What are you saying, Emma?"

"Rogue is still there. She pulled away from the surface, to ensure the others didn't gain power over her body. If another placed the barriers up, it would able her to resurface and..."

"You're not going nowhere near her."

Turning, both found an angry Logan leaning on the wall.

Storm sighed. "I agree, but if you want her back and..."

"Find someone else." He bit out. "Rogue has been stripped of the last few years of her life and now you want to risk her life again, with this bitch? Hell naw, you aren’t going nowhere near my girl."

"But there are no others who are that strong and..."

"There is a mutant in New York, who can teach her to create her own barriers to cage the other personalities." Emma voiced.

Eyeing her, Storm frowned. "Who?"

"Quentin Quire."

"No."

Emma sighed. "Why?"

"You know what he has done and...."

"He won't do anything to endanger neither of them. All he will do is guide Rogue to create her own barriers and allow her the safety of her own body. Is that not what you want?"

"And why all of a sudden, will this rogue mutant known for crimes, decide to suddenly help you?"

Sighing and settling in her cot of a bed, she ran a hand through her hair. "Because, he's my fiancé."

Eyes going wide, Storm found herself speechless. "You....him..."

"Don't sound so shocked. You yourself have found quite the fella."

Gaining her bearings, she narrowed her eyes. "Speak one bad thing about Kurt and I'll send a bolt in here, before you could enter my mind." She threatened, as her eyes began to glow.

Raising her hands, she looked towards the person behind the wind witch. "Creating the barriers will take time, since she is not a telepath."

"How long would it take?"

"Well over a few months to a year. It all depends on Rogue and her concentration. One little distraction and she will remain the same. Also, she will have to build individual barriers for all the personalities in her mind. And that itself, will take the longest, for each mind has its own strength and are stronger than the others." Eyeing him, she frowned. "I don't understand what she sees in you, but you were the one personality she allowed freedom. When I searched for my answers, it wasn't just her I was fighting, but you as well. It would seem, you have the strongest pull over her, yet your beast she holds in her head, just cares and guides her."

"When you say guide, you mean..."

"Has she been acting different around you, since she has her amnesia?"

"My scent."

"The part of you that she has inside of her, is trying to pull her to you, but not so directly, for her mind cannot take it. In time, she will once more be sharing your bed...Just thought you would like to know."

Narrowing his eyes, he headed for the door.

"Where is he?"

"Go to Sparks, the night club and ask for him. Make sure you mention I sent you, or you won't find him."

Nodding, Storm swiftly left and hit the pass key in. Turning and sighing, she jumped. "I thought you would be upstairs with..."

"We're leaving tomorrow after dinner." Logan voiced.

"So soon?"

"I need her back, Ro. This ghost walking around here is nothing but a shell of her. I can't...I need my Marie back."

Slowly nodding, she motioned for him to follow her into the briefing room.
**********************************************************************

Twisting the knob and opening the door that she was told led to her...'their' room, she hesitantly entered. Staring at the large bed, she neared the nightstand to the right. Picking up the picture frame and studying it, she felt a sudden throb in her head. Blinking a few times and trying to clear the spots from her vision, the room began to spin and all went black.
******************************************************************************

Climbing the steps and catching that familiar scent, Logan tensed. No matter how much he wished to push that door open and find his Marie with a smile on her face, he knew that day wouldn't come for quite some time. Sighing and pressing on, he headed for their room.

Pushing the cracked door open further, he rushed over and fell to his knees. Pulling her limp body into his arms and brushing her hair out of her face, he frowned. She was paler than usual, but what caught his eye, was her slightly blue tinged lips.

Calling out for help and hearing feet rushing towards them, he placed his hand on her cheek. Instantly feeling that familiar pull, he gasped.

Reaching out to detangle them, Colosis and Bobby found him shaking his head. Following his gaze towards a pale Rogue who was by the minute getting stronger, they gave a small nod.

Staring into her peaceful face and allowing her to take all she needed, darkness soon won out and he lost consciousness.
*****************************************************************************
Chapter End Notes:
~Note: Yeah I know the chapter is a bit on the short side, but tell me what you think. Yeah I know you're confused, but it all shall be cleared up in the next chapter. Don't forget to review.~