~Chapter 3~

Rolling over and finding a warm body pressed to that of his, Logan sighed. As he sat up and got a glimpse of the person, he smiled. Hell, waking up with a woman in his bed was something he was too use to. Normally he would calmly gather his stuff and head out, but this was different.

It was Marie.

Leaning back on the head board, he ran a hand through her curly locks. Moaning in her sleep, she turned her back to him and he froze. The kid got a tattoo. As he moved to study it, a knock sounded at their door.

"What?" He growled, as she wringled her nose at the offeneding sound.

"Storm wants to meet with us, about classes." Scott replied.

Sighing, he pulled himself away and stood in all his glory. "I'll be down in a minute." Hearing footsteps drift off, Logan walked to his dresser and slipped on some boxers.

Yarning and sitting up, Rogue clutched the covers to her nude body. "What's going on?" Her sleepy voice sounded.

Pausing and turning, he eyed her while he fastened his jeans. "I have to go see Ororo."

"Everything okay?"

Noding, he walked over. "Yeah. I'm going to be gone for a while. Get dressed and start your day."

Groaning, she fell back into bed and covered her head. "Ah'm too tired."

Laughing, he shook his head and grabbed his shirt. Throwing it on and his boots, he exited the room.

Walking down the hall and spoting Kurt, he smiled. "Thanks for your input last night, about the kid bunking with me."

Returning it, both decended the steps. "It was nothing, my friend." Pausing, he placed a hand on his arm. "Just a word of advise, keep the sounds down."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Why you telling me this?"

"I see nothing wrong with you and Rogue, but many will. Just keep it down, is all. Storm was sleep last night, thankfully."

Noding, both headed into the kitchen. Walking over to the fridge, he retreived a beer.

"Logan! It's too early for that." Storm exclaimed.

"It's never too early for a Molasas." He voiced, taking a sizable gulp of it.

Shaking her head and taking a seat, she sighed. "I wanted to talk about the classes and..."

"Give me self-defense and I'm good to go."

Scott frowned. "That's my class."

"I was actually wondering if you would handle the science classes?" Storm added, seeing the two starting another bout.

"Why me?"

"You are the best candidate here and you know Jean's schedule and where she left off. It only makes sense and besides, I would like Logan to head the self-defense classes."

Releasing a breath, he gave a tight nod of the head.

Looking towards Kurt, a smile caressed her face. "Math okay with you?"

"Anything you wish for me, is fine." His heavy German accent sounded.

Shivering at the jolt that ran up her spine, she sighed. "I will be having one on one and group sessions with the students, like the Proffessor. I need to see how their control is over their mutation. To help me, I will have Emma Frost coming to aid me in this and..."

"Who is she?" Logan interrupted.

"She's a friend and was once a student here. She was close to the Proffessor and has a strong mind for telepathy. She will come in handy and to tell the truth, I need her with the new students enrolling. "

He nodded.

"And Hank will handle the finances with me. He won't be here most of the time, but when he is, he shall be staying in the room connected to his lab in the sub basement." Glimpsing the clock, she smiled. "Well, get to class. There should be a folder of the requirements that I would like all the students to meet in each subject, so get to it."

Watching as all left, save for Kurt and Storm, he walked over. "I'm not going to teach on the basics one eye does."

She sighed. "Logan, we have a system here and..."

"Xavier allowed me to teach as I pleased, when Scott was uncapable to. And I will be doing the same. They learned two times more efficient stuff and were more compatable, with what I tought."

"Then tell me what you plan to do."

"First, I will have them do hand to hand and break them down, into groups that fit them. From there, each group will be tought based on what they like and different styles that fit them."

Smiling, she nodded. "Go ahead then."

Turning he was halfway across the kitchen and paused. "Oh, another thing, I don't do grades."

Watching as he walked out, she shook her head. "I should've known that was going to be too easy."

Laughing, Kurt handed her cup of coffee and together, they seperated and headed in opposite directions.
************************************************************

Knock! Knock!

Tying her hair up, Rogue ventured to the door. Opening it, she smiled. "Should've known you would track me down." Turning, she headed back to her bed.

Looking around, the girl laughed. "What can I say, we hit it off before you chose to leave."

"Jubilee, ah..."

"Don't. I'm not hurt." Taking a seat on the other bed, she raised an eyebrow. "So, how you and sex on legs doing?"

Shaking her head at her antics, she grabed her schedule off the bed and stood. "Okay." Slinging her small bag on her shoulder, she headed for the door. "Ah have science first, what about you?"

"Same." Closing the door behind her, Jubilee sighed. "I've heard Scotts teaching the class now. You think he going to be all sad, you know having to take over Jean's class and all?"

Shrugging, they turned left at the bottom of the steps. Walking down the hall and spotting him talking to a student, she smiled. "No, ah think he going to be just fine."

Entering, both setteled down and began to take notes.
********************************************************************

"I can't believe him." Bobby voiced, as they sat in the backyard eating two hours later. "He gave us a gang of work to do."

Kitty nodded. "I know, but don't be mad."

Jubilee gave Rogue a look. "I'm not complaining. "

"Ofcourse you're not, you have Rogue to help you." He snapped.

She smirked. "You did too, until you decided to drop her."

Falling silent, the tension rose.

Standing, Rogue made a hasty excuse and walked off. Heading back in the house with her empty plate, she placed it in the dish washer. Turning around, she found red eyes smiling at her. "Hi, ya' knew here?"

Nodding, he walked over. "You can say that. I'm Gambit, by the way. And you are..."

"Rogue."

Smiling, he grabbed his beer. "Hope to see you around, ma' chere."

Watching as he left, she shivered.

"He freaks you out too?"

Turning, she found Logan casually leaning near the fridge. "Yeah, but his eyes mostly. What's he doing here?"

"It seems that he and I know each other. The Proffessor contacted him before he died, so we could meet and fill in my memories."

Smiling, she moved to walk past him, but he blocked her path.

"When did you get the tattoo?"

Eyes going wide, she smirked. "Ah don't remember."

"You're lieing kid."

"No, really. Ah don't remember. The first day ah left, ah got drunk, and woke up in my apartment."

He shook his head. "Was it the Wolverine, that told you to do that?"

"No. Ah just wanted to do something different and ended up geting an apartment and...you know the rest."

"You have to be more careful."

"Ah know. So, what did ya' think of my tattoo?"

"I didn't get a real good look at it."

Laughing, she slipped past him. "See you in the danger room."

Watching as she walked off, he smirked. "Oh I'll see it alright." Beer in hand, he headed off.

Sure that both were gone, he steped from the shadows. "So they are sleeping together." Frowning, he headed off for his next class.
************************************************************************

Exiting the locker room, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Knowing Wolverine, he's going to make us run an obsticle course, just for the hell of it."

Rogue laughed. "He wouldn't do that, Jubes."

She frowned. "And what makes you so sure?"

"He wouldn't. We might just be fighting or something."

Rolling her eyes as they entered the danger room, they headed over towards the crowd.

"I'm going to start a program and each of you will have to fight whoever comes at you. You will have five minutes and no powers." He growled. "After the fights, I'm breaking you up into groups and teaching you indivisually moves that will fit your style and size." Looking up to the booth, he gave a nod.

Instantly, their suroundings changed and all found themselvs in a jungle.

"Popsickle, you're up first."

Taking a step as all moved back, Bobby frowned.

"Get ready."

Turning, he found a replica of Sabortooth charging at him. Rolling and dodging to the left, he quickly came to his feet and ducked. Jabing him in the stomache, his hand errupted into pain.

Swoop!

Having the air knocked out of him, he landed on his back.

Placing his hand up, the replica froze. "Never take your eyes off the enemy." Logan growled. "No matter who it is. Size doesn't matter. You fight or die. That's all you need to focus on. Go take a seat." Looking over the frightened faces, he smirked. "Colosis."

Nodding, he walked over.

Moving back to where he stood. Logan gave a nod once more to the booth.

Instantly, the replica changed into a tall man, who shook the earth.

Watching as they duked it out, Jubilee frowned. "I think that's Avalanche. He's one of the mutants that Magneto been after, but keep slipping through his fingers."

Nodding, Rogue watched as Colosis fell into a small crater. "He's different ah'll say, but has an edge about him, ah don't care for."

"Tell me he ain't cute?"

As Colosis got loose and punched him in the face, she frowned. "Well, he was before that."

Laughing, the simulation ended.

"Well done." Logan praised. "But make sure after you find what his mutation is, you look for signs that he is going to use it. " Looking over the kids, he sighed. "Jubilee."

Releasing a breath, she walked to her doom.

Once more changing, the replica mirrored her.

Frowning, she eyed Logan.
"The only thing you care about is your pretty face, it's time that ended. Don't be afraid to take a hit, but most of all,learn how to pace yourself. Now begin."

Facing the replica of herself, she frowned.

"What's wrong chicka? Can't handle the heat?" It taunted, as it aimed a punch for her head.

Ducking and kicking it's feet from under it, she leapt on top. Pulling her fist back and moving to hit it square in the jaw, she froze. And in that instant, the replica smirked and gave her a shiner.

Falling to the side and jumping back to her feet, Jubilee narrowed her eyes. Blocking the foot coming her way, she delivered her own. Watching as it doubled over, she took a knee to it's face. Kicking it in the side viciously, she became over come by her anger.

Smirking Logan held his hand up.

As she grabed it's hair and moved to punch it dead in the face, it vanished. Standing, she frowned. "Why you do that?"

"You did okay, just learn to use that anger and not wait for the first hit." He stated. "Rogue."

Giving her friend a small smile as she passed her, she gave him a nod.

Returning it and looking to the booth, there was movement up there. Before she could analyze it, she had Mystique running at her.

Dodging to the left and jumping to her feet, she got into a fighting position.

Pausing, the woman smirked. "Awe, she's all grown up." She teased, as she popped her a good one to the jaw. "But too bad your all talk and no bite."

Narrowing her eyes, Rogue leapt at her. Blocking the fists that came flying, she gave a round housse kick. Catching her in the side, she landed and smirked. "What was that?"

Laughing, Mystique circled her. "You are such a little girl, no wonder the big boys don't want to play."

Frowning, she missed the kick coming for her head. Being knocked onto her back, she gasped for air. Before she could right herself, she felt a tug from her hair.

"Ah!" Kicking and scratching the hand to release her, she blocked the foot heading for her face. With pain rocketing up her arm where she was stomped at, Rogue shifted onto her hands and knees. Tackling her to the ground, she found the death grip on her hair gone. Throwing her hair back and out of her face, she took aim and punched her.

Smirking, Mystique elbowed her in the side and slipped from under her. Standing, she shapeshifted.

Rolling over and jumping to her feet, Rogue took a step back, as she stared into such cold eyes. Looking to her left, all she saw was trees.

"What's wrong, kid? Don't you want to play?" His cold voice sounded, as he slowly neared her.

Frowning, Rogue felt true fear. She knew it wasn't real, but part of her didn't want to accept it. Taking another step back until she hit the bark of a tree behind her, she gulped .

Claws lashing out, Wolverine aimed for her head.

Eyes going wide as saucers, she rolled under his arm. Turning, she kicked him behind his knee. Watching as he fell, she aimed a kick for his head, but didn't count on him catching it.

Giving a jerk, she was sprawled out on her back. Looking up and finding him leering over her, she tried to fight him off, but found her hands restrained above her head. As one hand held hers, the other neared her face. Seeing the blades come out, she looked away and closed her eyes.

"That was very good, Rogue."

Opening her eyes and finding herself once more in the danger room, she sighed and sat up. Looking up to the booth where, Storm stood, she gave a small smile.

"I would like to see you down in the med labs."

Nodding and coming to her feet, she rubbed the back of her head.

"You alright, kid?"

Jumping back, she merely noded.

Noting the fear in her eyes, Logan frowned. "It wasn't real, Rogue. I would never hurt you."

"Ah know. Ah'm just...ah'm still a little shook up."

Giving a nod, he looked towards Jubilee. "Go with her."

Smiling, she led her friend out and towards the elevator.

Sighing, he proceeded with his class.
******************************************************************

Dropping her hair and letting it frame her shoulders, Hank smiled. "You'll be fine. Just a small bump back there."

Sighing, she hugged herself. "Why did that happen?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Ah mean, my fight in the danger room. Why Logan?"

"Storm and I wanted to see if your mutation would awaken if you were in danger, like it did with the others." He calmly stated.

"And?"

"It hasn't. I would say that you should probably cover up abit, to make sure when it does, no accedents happen."

Sighing, she grudgingly came to her feet. Walking into the hall and finding Jubilee waiting, she forced a smile.

"What happened?"

Sighing, she gave up, seeing she saw through it. "Looks like ah won't be wearing sleeveless shirts and skirts, any more.."

"Your mutation..."

"No. They just want to make sure ah don't hurt no one." As they got on the elevator, she sighed. "Ah'm just going to head to bed." She stated, as they exited a moment later.

Noding, they said their goodbyes and seperated.

Entering her room and finding it empty, she smiled. Grabbing a robe, she headed for their seperate bathroom. Stripping, she jumped into the shower. Palms on the tiles and head down, she allowed the tears to fall.
***********************************************************************

Drinking the rest of his beer, he placed the papers down on the table.

"Never would've taken you for the western type."

Looking to his left, he sighed. "I'm not in the mood. Leave."

"Gambit just wished to talk to you." The Cajun stated, walking over and claiming a seat on the sofa.

"I said..."

"You don't remember me, do you?"

Sighing, Logan faced him. "No."

Leaning back, he sighed. "You and Gambit never got along, but we had our moments." Pausing, he gave a smile. "You came here, is what's shocking."

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
"You're the one responsible for all this. If it wasn't for you, all them kids back then would've died and this school would've never been founded."

"I knew Xavier, back then?"

He nodded.

Looking down, he frowned. "That low down bastard. All this time he knew and didn't tell me."

"If it counts for anything, he didn't want you to relive what happened."

"What happened?"

Yarning, he came to his feet. "Gambit's tired and going to hit the hay."

Growling, Logan came to his feet. "Stay away from her."

Pausing, he glimpsed him over his shoulder. "You mean the small southern ma' chere?"

He simply narrowed his eyes.

"Clearly noted."

Watching as the Cajun walked off, he sighed. Gathering his things, he headed up towards his room.

Entering and being greeted with the smell of strawberries, he smiled. Placing his beer down and papers on his dresser, he headed for the bathroom. As he cracked the door and moved to call out for her, a strong smell hit him.

Blood.

Throwing the door open and yanking the shower curtains back, he growled. Kneeling and seeing the blood running down her wrists, he quickly picked her up and brought her to the bed. Wrapping the blanket around her unconcious body, he grabbed his discarded shirt from the other day and bound it around her wrists. Picking her up and entering the hall, he jumped into the elevator.

Cursing as it finally landed in the sub basement, he headed to his left. Entering the med lab and placing her on the table, he called out.

"Stop with all the yelling. Some people are trying to sle...What in the world?" Rushing over, Hank frowned. "What happened?" He asked, checking for a pulse.

"I found her in the shower unconcious. She slit her wrist."

Unwrapping the shirt from her arms, he frowned. "She lost alot of blood and needs a blood transfusion. But first, I need to stop the bleeding." Grabing a fresh cloth and and pressing it to her left arm, he motioned Logan over. "Hold this, as I tend to her wrist."

Doing as instructed, he frowned.

Placing multiple pieces of gaux and wrapping the cloth tightly around her, he grabbed a velcro belt looking thing. Securing it around her wrist, he quickly did the same to the other. Releasing a breath, he grabed the phone.

"Hi, this is Hank and I'm calling for Dr. James."

Tuning the doc' out and looking down at her pale face, he frowned. "Why? Why would you do this to yourself, Marie?" He lowly voiced, brushing her hair out of her face.

Setting the phone down, minutes later, Hank walked over. "A collegue of mine will come and bring some blood for her. He should get here within ten to twenty minutes."

Giving a small nod, Logan grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"You're more than friends with her, aren't you?"

Ignoring the question, he pressed her hand to his lips.

Sighing, Hank shook his head. "You know when the others find out, it won't be nice?"

"I don't care."

"And when her mutation comes back?"

"I don't care. I'm not leaving her side."

Taking a seat, he shook his head.